• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodbury

Man I haven't played in almost 2 days and I feel like I've missed out on a ton of shit or something.

What's happened that made this thread start moving even faster than it was.
Patch yesterday and Iron Banner today.
So I haven't played for about 2 weeks and today I got a free Sparrow in the mail for some reason. Anyone know what that's for?

Free gift for getting the DLC 2 pack.

exYle

is that pocket infinity nerf also unintentional ?
The burstshot is now delayed per shot by almost a second, whereas before the patch, a burstshot was fired back to back :(

I found it was acting weird yesterday.

When I was farming and working on the Fusion Rifle bounty, Pocket Infinity would fire one burst every second. When I played in Crucible, PI would unload all three immediately after each other, like it used to. Not sure what's going on there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I feel the update to that mars control map is way worse, the B point is in a worse position. While taking over it, the enemy can respawn below it in an endless loop and run through the door and attack immediately. I remember last night I was killing a bunch guys at B and they just kept running up through that bottom door over and over (immediately after killing one, another would enter through the door) until they killed me. Maybe if he respawn time was longer in control.
Which do you mean? Firebase Delphi, Blind Watch? I hated the spot B used to be in Blind Watch, so *shrug* It's a god-awful map for Control regardless, but some of the other changes improved it (I like the closed windows upstairs). Hilariously I think it's a lovely map for Rumble.

Yeah you're right haha. Plus I kind of hate putting down money on something that isn't coming for a while. I mean I can play Dark Below in a few weeks but House of Wolves isn't coming until Spring. Probably just gonna go with GTA V.
Yeah it's ~$5 of savings vs. the uncertainty of quality. However, I am absolutely certain House of Wolves will contain at least the same amount of content as Dark Below so it didn't feel like too much of a gamble though. Obviously if you can only buy one or the other and you know you'll like GTA V that's a better bet.
transmog on non exotic gear then?
I'm not talking about Exotics. They're exotics for a reason. We should be able to transmogrify Legendaries.
Yeah that sounds good too.
Indeed, at this level aesthetics will have a heavier weight. I really like how Praxic looks with Thunderdevil but we need to see how Starfire looks. I was wondering if having really high discipline would allow me to squeeze out another nade or two in Oprah Mode for PvE, that's not the case? I never tried to test the impact of these stats.
Oh I assume high discipline would definitely let you squeeze in a couple more grenades during Radiance, but if you're going for Praxic, getting into Radiance as often as possible is more your concern, whereas with Starfire you want that high DIS to be able to rely on, if possible, having more than one grenade on you at the start of any given engagement.
I found it was acting weird yesterday.

When I was farming and working on the Fusion Rifle bounty, Pocket Infinity would fire one burst every second. When I played in Crucible, PI would unload all three immediately after each other, like it used to. Not sure what's going on there.
I heard about this too but tried it out Waking the Hive and it fired exactly like normal... weird stuff.

jett

D-Member
I just did the Raid for the first time from beginning to end, I had only cheesed Atheon before. :p

That was...eh. I liked the platform stuff the best, I guess. I was in a team where everyone knew exactly what to do, I imagine the fun is in figuring it out? It was okay. I got a bunch of ascendant crap and a Thunderlord and a Praedyth's Revenge.

Played 3 games of IB and it's kind off crazy. I went postive in 2 of the 3 matches and was even in the third.

It was alright though. I've never played Crucible with my fully upgraded Suros and boy did I hate playing with it. The slow rate of fire just doesn't work for me in PVP. Its awesome in PVE though.

flkraven

I'm level 24 with average gear. Just started playing a week ago. I think I have 1 legendary piece. Is this Iron Banner event even worth my time? Will matchmaking try and slot me with similar people, or am I just fucked from the get go?

LiK

Played 3 games of IB and it's kind off crazy. I went postive in 2 of the 3 matches and was even in the third.

It was alright though. I've never played Crucible with my fully upgraded Suros and boy did I hate playing with it. The slow rate of fire just doesn't work for me in PVP. Its awesome in PVE though.

Really? Suros destroys in IB, imo. I'll be using it tonight when I play it again.

Do you only get rewards from the Nightfall once a week or is it every time you do it?

And can I get the Sparrow if I enter in the season pass now, or did it already need to be added before?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So did Bungie ever verify if you can buy the IB buff more than once on their twitch feed?
Man it would be nice to know this. I had gotten the impression it was a one-time buff.
Do you only get rewards from the Nightfall once a week or is it every time you do it?

And can I get the Sparrow if I enter in the season pass now, or did it already need to be added before?
The rewards for the Weekly Heroic and Weekly Nightfall Strikes are once a week.

You can get the sparrow if you enter it today at least.
I got a Devil You Know from the nightfall and a third Timur's Lash from IB. So many hand cannons.
I added the Fixer to my collection end of last week. If only the Templar would cough up Fatebringer tomorrow...

Gonna be doing some IB tonight with some buddies, will have 2/3 slots open. Add me on PSN if you're down: bytestyle

Um, we need some NF action first because it would appear that an inordinate number of people have picked up the Ghorn from said activity.

You know what this means...

Fucking Shep is getting another fucking horn while the rest of us are locked out in the cold.

So did Bungie ever verify if you can buy the IB buff more than once on their twitch feed?

Yes.

r1Kmj6c.png

And they just confirmed it on their twitter.

But Gunslingers are especially suited to handcannons with the stability & reload increase on precision kills...

Plus, it just feels right.

Yeah, I just assumed that their skills made better use of handcannons than other classes. I haven't been playing that long so maybe I'm mistaken

LiK

Oh it probably does. I've been using a green and blue Shingen in regular crucible so it was a little jarring when the rate of fire was so slow with the Suros.

Yea, it takes some getting used to but when you see the lifebars drop down so quick it's pretty sweet. I'm hoping someone sends me hate messages for using it. Didn't get any this morning. :(

From Bungie Twitter:

"Temperred" is an Iron Banner investment buff. You can purchase accelerated reputation gains for one Mote of Light, every twelve hours."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom