• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

arimanius

Yes.

r1Kmj6c.png

And they just confirmed it on their twitter.

From Bungie Twitter:

"Temperred" is an Iron Banner investment buff. You can purchase accelerated reputation gains for one Mote of Light, every twelve hours."

Fantastic. Now to see how painful it's going to be with my 25 Hunter instead of my 28 Titan.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Jeez. Okay. Everybody buy Tempered every time you'll be playing IB for a long session.

Yeah, I just assumed that their skills made better use of handcannons than other classes. I haven't been playing that long so maybe I'm mistaken
But Gunslingers are especially suited to handcannons with the stability & reload increase on precision kills...
Well sure, and sniper rifles, but Surge Voidwalkers and Warmachine Defenders can also take massive advantage of handcannons, and they're a good weapon class in general for everybody. They rock. Play the class you want, is my point.
Plus, it just feels right.
Well, yeah.

X-Frame

Damn, so basically you can have Tempered going every time you play for just 1 Mote which you'll likely earn back while playing anyway.

flkraven

I'm level 24 with average gear. Just started playing a week ago. I think I have 1 legendary piece. Is this Iron Banner event even worth my time? Will matchmaking try and slot me with similar people, or am I just fucked from the get go?

Anyone got advice for this noob? ^

Will a Suros without the final column of damage upgrades hold up well in the Iron Banner?

If it's full of nothing but campers/snipers and fusion rifle users then I have no shame in using a Suros.

Hoodbury

Damn, so basically you can have Tempered going every time you play for just 1 Mote which you'll likely earn back while playing anyway.

Heh, it's almost like what's the point right? Why not just make the regular progression what the buff is and not have the buff?

E92 M3

Exotic Weapons tuning gets covered in this week's weekly update. But now I can't find the source for that.

Yeah covered...but when do we actually get to play with them? Who knows? It'll be nice to read about all of the exotic changes, but I want to enjoy my weapons before the DLC comes out and makes most obsolete. Unless, they are launching the update on Thursday, which I doubt.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Exotic Weapons tuning gets covered in this week's weekly update. But now I can't find the source for that.
It was on Twitter. I expect this Thupdate to describe the exotic buffs and the patch deploying them to drop at the end of next week, we'll see.
Will a Suros without the final column of damage upgrades hold up well in the Iron Banner?

If it's full of nothing but campers/snipers and fusion rifle users then I have no shame in using a Suros.
Doubt it. That's an awful lot of damage-per-bullet you'll be missing out on.

X-Frame

do we know how much the Tempered buffs the rep gains yet?

I believe someone calculated that today it is a 10% buff. By tomorrow we should know how much it jumps and can see what it'll be like on the last day.

Unless they increase it by more each day .. so by 3 days we will know. :)

Carn82

hmm, anyone else who noticed that ammo synthesis doesnt always seem to work? Had it happen twice now, a friend of mine as well.

Fuck bungie and fuck PSN

Its so slow to download that damn update file, I been at it for 2 days now and still the update file is not downloaded on my 100 MB internet line.

Jesus Nightfall is hard. I started it solo thinking how I've done this strike a million times and it can't be that bad. This was a mistake though. It really is "that bad".

First time trying I killed seven guys. Seven guys and a thrall comes out of nowhere and bam I'm dead in a single hit. Fucker. Tried once more and got the first wizards giant blue balls of death right in the face.

Terrible experience. Will not try again.

Jeez. Okay. Everybody buy Tempered every time you'll be playing IB for a long session.

Well sure, and sniper rifles, but Surge Voidwalkers and Warmachine Defenders can also take massive advantage of handcannons, and they're a good weapon class in general for everybody. They rock. Play the class you want, is my point.

Well, yeah.

The hell is a Warmachine Defender... or a Surge Voidwalker for that matter?

R0ckman

What's with the jerks in iron banner who have a fit that someone wants to snipe high traffic areas? I was in two matches where a team mate acted like a baby attacking me while I was sniping.

Doubt it. That's an awful lot of damage-per-bullet you'll be missing out on.

Well crap.

My go-to primaries that are maxed are Thorn and VoC. Now that Thorn is officially fucked I guess I'm stuck just using VoC. It figures that Bungie would ruin my main PvP weapon right before IB starts. And on accident no less.

Pickman

Which version?

A Shadow Price with field scout is one of the best overall guns in the game.

A Shadow Price without field scout is an average legendary auto rifle.

Yup, it's got Field Scout. I also got it from a Vanguard bundle so instead of Life Support it has Spray and Pray, so when my mag is empty it reloads really goddamned fast.

CLBridges

Hard raid down again this week and of course shards/energy, raid chest/boots, ship and then Hawkmoon! My luck within this game is getting pretty dang good, but only once a week though lol. Only got 10 shards from Nightfall but I can't complain and it was very easy with two other people instead of my usual solo. Still need to do Raid/Weekly/NF with my alt. but I'm in no rush and I'm not even gonna try leveling IB with my alt. The only thing left now is for Gjallahorn to drop or be sold (c'mon Xur, be the hero we need this week).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom