• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah covered...but when do we actually get to play with them? Who knows? It'll be nice to read about all of the exotic changes, but I want to enjoy my weapons before the DLC comes out and makes most obsolete. Unless, they are launching the update on Thursday, which I doubt.

From DeeJ: "At current, all the shit we're forecasting is planned for delivery before The Dark Below."

Believe.

Yup, it's got Field Scout. I also got it from a Vanguard bundle so instead of Life Support it has Spray and Pray, so when my mag is empty it reloads really goddamned fast.

Yeah, I have the exact same perks.

It's an amazing gun for PvP and PvE. I'm a hand cannon guy so I typically roll with a Hawkmoon or TDYK... But if there's a situation where an AR is needed, that's my go-to over any other AR in the game (yes, even the Suros).

Yeah too that's still too long, unfortunately. I'd like to be blasting fools with my Mythoclast on Thanksgiving. That would be great.

The fact that the update is this Thursday and not Thanksgiving and not the Thursday before the release indicates to me it'll be next week.

solo'd nf, got a legendary heavy weapon engram!

decrypted to 2 shards.

crying-black-man-o.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There are already millions of Suros users. You'll fit right in.
he's saying a non-maxed one, though?
Well crap.

My go-to primaries that are maxed are Thorn and VoC. Now that Thorn is officially fucked I guess I'm stuck just using VoC. It figures that Bungie would ruin my main PvP weapon right before IB starts. And on accident no less.
Well not for nothing but I was still kinda cleaning up with Thorn on my basic build
The hell is a Warmachine Defender... or a Surge Voidwalker for that matter?
Hawk's drunk
-_-

Surge is a modifier for Energy Drain Melee that provides incredibly fast weapon handling speed (including reloading) on hit.

Warmachine is a modifier for Disintegrate/Force Barrier Melee that provides incredibly fast weapon reloading- actually the fastest in the game- on kill (while Force Barrier is active). This is tougher to activate, but the Force Barrier itself lasts longer than the Energy Drain effect and is a potent buff in its own right.

These are both effective complements to builds that rely on weapons with slow reload speeds and I mentioned them because hand cannons typically have slow reload speeds along with relatively low clips, especially during the leveling process.

How do you even know who I'm talking about? What point? These people aren't successful by any stretch.

I'm explaining why someone would run a long distance towards someone who sees them just to attempt to melee kill. If they get 1/10 K/D, it's probably better than if they were trying to shoot, so for them it's successful.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So let me get this straight. Losing team gets IB points as well?

And anybody wants to do the two weeklies real quick? My prudence II and thunderlord will help make quick work of things. Kadey1up PSN invite.

Sullichin

So let me get this straight. Losing team gets IB points as well?

And anybody wants to do the two weeklies real quick? My prudence II and thunderlord will help make quick work of things. Kadey1up PSN invite.

You get a medallion if you lose. Next time you win, you get a bonus for each medallion you carry, up to five.

I'm explaining why someone would run a long distance towards someone who sees them just to attempt to melee kill. If they get 1/10 K/D, it's probably better than if they were trying to shoot, so for them it's successful.

You're assuming any of these attempts actually result in a kill.
Then everybody should ask bunjie to take sniper rifles out. This is sheer stupidity.

Having a sniper doesn't mean you have to stay in the same spot the whole match.

Then everybody should ask bunjie to take sniper rifles out. This is sheer stupidity.

As has been mentioned many times, they really just need to lower the amount of available special weapon ammo. That alone would lower both the shotgun and sniper rifle use. As it is right now, it's not hard to run around the whole match like those are your primary.

You get a medallion if you lose. Next time you win, you get a bonus for each medallion you carry, up to five.

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

... wait hmm.. Does this mean, if you have 20 medallions, when you win you turn in all 20, get credit for 5?

or you have 20, win, turn in 5 and get credit for 5, and have 15 left?

or.... max medallions you can hold is 5? :|

Been rocking Thorn in IB since I have no Suros or anything else leveled enough...

Feels fine BUT losing that 4 damage per tick is actually making a difference big time. The amount of time people have been so close to death but full healed sucks.

You're assuming any of these attempts actually result in a kill.
Yes, you're asking why, and I'm giving you an answer as to why someone would do that. Another reason could be they are a defender or a warlock, near death, and think they can't run away without being shot, and think that running at them they can get close enough to melee and activate flame shield or force field (not realizing this will probably fail with the 100ms compensation)

What's with the jerks in iron banner who have a fit that someone wants to snipe high traffic areas? I was in two matches where a team mate acted like a baby attacking me while I was sniping.

Because sniping in this game is a joke?

You get basically no reticle shake while being shot, the aim assist is practically like GTA's, and on a lot of upgrades make it so there's zero recoil. My Praedyth's revenge is pathetically easy to get kills with.

So when people are trying to play the game to test your reactions and hand eye coordination against other people doing the same, it's really annoying having to get taken out of the action when somebody resorts to sniping.

In plenty of other games sniping takes a lot of skill...this isn't one of them.

Because sniping in this game is a joke?

You get basically no reticle shake while being shot, the aim assist is practically like GTA's, and on a lot of upgrades make it so there's zero recoil. My Praedyth's revenge is pathetically easy to get kills with.

So when people are trying to play the game to test your reactions and hand eye coordination against other people doing the same, it's really annoying having to get taken out of the action when somebody resorts to sniping.

In plenty of other games sniping takes a lot of skill...this isn't one of them.
Hm, you're saying that because sniping is easy to do, people shouldn't do it.

Yes, you're asking why, and I'm giving you an answer as to why someone would do that. Another reason could be they are a defender or a warlock, near death, and think they can't run away without being shot, and think that running at them they can get close enough to melee and activate flame shield or force field (not realizing this will probably fail with the 100ms compensation)

I'm not sure you understand the distance I'm talking about.

And, no, I didn't ask you why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom