• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midas

Seriously, who thought the new blind watch points were a good idea, now a team only has to cap C and camp the doorway by the blocked off section at the Base of the stairs to get perfect protected line of sight on point b, at least before it was round the bloody corner and took a little effort!

I hate it now. Earlier, it was one of my favorite maps. :(

X-Frame

Don't know about it this time, but last time you got a chance for a legendary handcannon drop after reaching a certain rank. Think Bungie said there's 4 guns total now, meaning you can earn two as a random drop after a certain rank.

Saladin can also reforge those guns now for a single mote rolling new perks on them. As long as you have the motes to spend until you get lucky you can end up with some pretty beastly perk combo's.

Anyone know what the rank is? Is it 4 or 5 in order for Timur's Lash or whatever other weapons to drop?

What about the BoomBox ship?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
6th raid completed, still don't have a single piece of raid gear.

Fuck EVERYTHING.
You will get it. Just make alts and concentrate on leveling them up. If you have three chars capable of doing nightfall then you won't have to be too much reliant on RNG.

LiK

Played in a group with five Americans for IB last night and had terrible delay and hit reg.

Host was American. I take it I was being matched with people further away because of that?

figs was disconnected a few times and we had significant lag in one game where even the damn doors didn't open for like 2 seconds. It was really annoying and that team were getting kills because we were lagging a bit. It seems people in different regions may affect overall lag, imo.

Midas

Yeah, there's always a chance for something really decent :)
I actually did this last night and passed a dozen blues to my Titan alt who had just hit 22. She got to 24 with some new gear and a couple of dozen Plasteel Plating added to the inventory, plus levelling up Rahool.

That sounds good. I'm actually a bit lucky in regards to gear and level. I already had, via Xûr, exotic helment and exotic chest. I also had legendary gauntlets, helmet and
leg armor. So I should be 29 quite soon since I have 119 ascendant shards. :)

GlamFM

Banned
You will get it. Just make alts and concentrate on leveling them up. If you have three chars capable of doing nightfall then you won't have to be too much reliant on RNG.

I know, but the idea of playing through the early game content AGAIN (Alpha,Beta & Final release) is just.... meh...

Both my warlock and titan need either the raid helmet or chest right now. Still have to finish the hard raid with my Titan so there is a chance and a lot of mat farming...about 15 more ghost till a new guardian lord!

Bizazedo

Seriously, who thought the new blind watch points were a good idea, now a team only has to cap C and camp the doorway by the blocked off section at the Base of the stairs to get perfect protected line of sight on point b, at least before it was round the bloody corner and took a little effort!

It's such a chaotic bloodbath, now. I can't believe it, I actually preferred the previous version. It's like, "B is a clusterfuck on other maps and this one is also pretty dangerous....lets make it MORE DANGEROUS."

Also, need to find new places to stick my lightning grenades. /disgruntled.

figs was disconnected a few times and we had significant lag in one game where even the damn doors didn't open for like 2 seconds. It was really annoying and that team were getting kills because we were lagging a bit. It seems people in different regions may affect overall lag, imo.

I almost wish the new pings / connection bars weren't added. I was in a full fireteam of 6 last night and in one game ran into horrid lag for all of us. Quick glance at the scoreboard, 3 opposing guys were all red bars from the same Clan. Cussing quickly exploded into "I know one of those F'ers is the host!"

It ended quickly, at least.

Feorax

Hmm. Do I;

1. Get to level 29 and hope RNGsus grants me a raid helm if I can get into a hard raid?

Or;

2. Wait until Xur sells an exotic helm, then ditch my sunbreakers and replace them with the IB gauntlets?

Decisions...

rNilla

My hunter is so close to reaching level 30, and yet still so far away...

wm0Ju8F.jpg

jett

D-Member
Spirit bloom is probably the easiest material to farm in the game, need to do the chest run on Venus with all those caves.

Material spawns are definitely faster and more plentiful after the patch.

Did a quick iron relic run, got like 90 of those things in half an hour. Got chests with 12 relic irons several times. So yeah, the spawns are faster. I dunno what was the deal last night.

E92 M3

I can't believe that I am getting excited for what is essentially a news article on Thursday. When this game has its grasp on you, it has its grasp. Damn..

patchday

I know, but the idea of playing through the early game content AGAIN (Alpha,Beta & Final release) is just.... meh...

just hop into rumble, AFK (or semi-afk while watching TV), and get auto-leveled that way

I actually enjoy Crucible so I leveled my guys in there actively. Then I come back to story missions when I need the Heroic XP

phen0m24

May I ask a question and politely request a favor? I'm not so secretly envious of all of you (fig, earv, lik, Hawkian, Nami, rawr) who rack up kills and sport sexy K/D ratios.

I always played support types in BF. Kamikaze medic, ammo and med kit spam. K/D would be an afterthought. I would pride myself on most flag caps, most rezzes and or assists.

But being a kamikaze (
unlike Namikaze
) in Destiny isn't working out so well.

Would you all be willing to share some tips and or approaches to your pvp play?

Heck I would love to watch you all if you streamed.

Thanks all - love reading your victory stories
(while lamenting my own inadequacies lol)

Pickman

May I ask a question and politely request a favor? I'm not so secretly envious of all of you (fig, earv, lik, Hawkian, Nami, rawr) who rack up kills and sport sexy K/D ratios.

I always played support types in BF. Kamikaze medic, ammo and med kit spam. K/D would be an afterthought. I would pride myself on most flag caps, most rezzes and or assists.

But being a kamikaze (
unlike Namikaze

Aggression gets you killed. Be patient, watch corners, and use your radar to anticipate enemy placement when they're coming to you.

X-Frame

Is there any way to get Iron Banner statistics for my character? It doesn't seem to be included on the companion app.

I can't believe that I am getting excited for what is essentially a news article on Thursday. When this game has its grasp on you, it has its grasp. Damn..

I want them to blow my mind with all the exotics. Buffing Thorn, Bad Juju, Super Good Advice, Universal Remote (it was affected quite noticeably from the global shotgun nerf), etc.

I don't know if Deej will go into specifics but in excited too.

I hit rank 4 and bought both IB 30 items. I leveled and upgraded the boots to one away from full too. It feels so good to have a path to 30.

Out of curiosity how long does it take to hit lvl 4?

I consider myself an average pvp player but I hate crucible, so trying to figure out if it'd worth the pain

excowboy

That sounds good. I'm actually a bit lucky in regards to gear and level. I already had, via Xûr, exotic helment and exotic chest. I also had legendary gauntlets, helmet and
leg armor. So I should be 29 quite soon since I have 119 ascendant shards. :)

Nice! I've got an exotic helm from Xûr but no legendary gear, so I think I'm back on the Vanguard rep grind to get my alt levelled up to 28+ :(

deadlast

But being a kamikaze (
unlike Namikaze

stay with your team.... If you aren't as good as someone (in K/D perspective), just stick with your team let them stay up front and provide support fire. Never rush a flag, unless you have a super. Watch out for anything glowing (grenades, sniper scopes).

Kamikaze only works in this game if you have a super charged or you have superior firepower.

Frenden

Banned
Out of curiosity how long does it take to hit lvl 4?

I consider myself an average pvp player but I hate crucible, so trying to figure out if it'd worth the pain

I was Rank 3 from the previous event. I played around four hours to go from Rank 3 to Rank 4. I finished all but the Heavy Machinegun bounty and used the 12-hour buff.

Approximately four hours per rank anecdotally.

le.phat

I found it was acting weird yesterday.

When I was farming and working on the Fusion Rifle bounty, Pocket Infinity wouldld fire one burst every second. When I played in Crucible, PI would unload all three immediately after each other, like it used to. Not sure what's going on there.

To me it happened when i wanted to show off the carnage of a full burst to a friend. Needless to say it was a pretty sad scene.

I ran into the bug when i tried to fire pocket infinity down the sight. I'll experiment some more when i get home.

Has anyone else noticed the discharge bugs of the Pocket Infinity?

LiK

To me it happened when i wanted to show off the carnage of a full burst to a friend. Needless to say it was a pretty sad scene.

I ran into the bug when i tried to fire pocket infinity down the sight. I'll experiment some more when i get home.

Has anyone else noticed the discharge bugs of the Pocket Infinity?

Probably one of those "unintentional" things for exotics that happened after the update.

It sucks that the ranks are going to reset after this IB. I'm never going to have enough time in my life to really get deep into any of the special events. :(

Anyone else on PS4 having trouble getting their trick sparrow?

I bought the Digital Guardian Edition, pre-launch, on the PS4. There are two "packs" that come with it besides the game, the Collector's Edition content and the Vanguard pack. I have both installed. I've logged in and out on both characters. I've hard restarted my PS4. Nothing seems to be working.

Any help?

Jinjo

Anyone else on PS4 having trouble getting their trick sparrow?

I bought the Digital Guardian Edition, pre-launch, on the PS4. There are two "packs" that come with it besides the game, the Collector's Edition content and the Vanguard pack. I have both installed. I've logged in and out on both characters. I've hard restarted my PS4. Nothing seems to be working.

Any help?

You need the season pass.

I asked this last night and no one was able to answer, so I'll ask again for the new page to see if anyone has figured this out, but can anyone confirm whether or not the Tempered buff grants additional reputation gains for turning in Iron Banner bounties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom