• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dat alt grind. How did the flawless run go by the way?

It didn't happen as we didn't garner enough interest :(. On the bright side I think completed my first hard raid from start to finish.... Got a praedyths time piece for my efforts and that was it pretty much :(

Ugh unified rep would be soooooooooo good. Damn grinding.... Damn game still keeps me playing somehow.

Midas

Play Tiger strikes with your main (Warlock) then dump all the engrams in your vault. Collect them with your Hunter, decrypt, dismantle?

Yeah, I guess that's what I'll end up doing. And you get the chance of getting something better like an exotic as well. Happened to me once! And I shouldn't skip the green engrams, I guess.

Midas

Regarding flawless. Do we know if flawless is failed if someone dies before entering the big door at the beginning? Since it's a public spot and all... Good to know. :)

Ran nightfall and weekly on my 3 characters with my Gaf group that does it every Tuesday.

Insurmountable Skullfort
Monte Carlo
Many coins and shards

Not bad, 2 raids tonight! Let's hope for boots so I don't have to do IB!

I'll be looking for another raid group sometime later this week for my 3rd character. I'm also pretty much done doing dailies and daily public events. My shards and energy are both over 200.

Shito

How awesome would it be if you could buy gear for your alts with your main....

Unified reputation would be perfect, grind is what keeps people playing in these games though. :(
Yep. The saddest part of it is that it makes it faster to level up three characters of the same class than one of each... You benefit from your alts way quicker that way, which is a bit of a shame. :/

*currently grinding vanguard marks on an alt to buy him the helmet that never dropped*

Lima

I must say that I'm loving this fast material respawing. Makes gathering materials for upgrades much less of a pain. You can get around 60 now in like 10-15 minutes. Not bad.

Sabotage

Solo'd Nightfall and got No Back Up Plans for my Titan and got Bad Seed Down pulse rifle from a legendary engram - does anyone use pulse rifles?

No Back up Plans - Love the concept of holographic armor but once you wear it, it ruins the flow of the character. It looks like i have skinny arms - anybody use'em?

I must say that I'm loving this fast material respawing. Makes gathering materials for upgrades much less of a pain. You can get around 60 now in like 10-15 minutes. Not bad.

Yeah, me and a friend noticed this yesterday while waiting for the walker event on earth. My future spinmetal runs will be much more bearable now.

Edit: Wow, member. Finally. :)

jett

D-Member
Anyone else notice that gathering materials while on patrol is immensely faster now?

Seems the spawn rates for materials are MUCH quicker, same for chest locations as well. 15 minute got me 60 helium filaments...

What? It took me like an hour to get 30 miserable spirit blooms last night.

jeffc919

I must have missed this in the notes. That's an improvement if it's a lot faster but they really need to allow you to buy this stuff.

6th raid completed, still don't have a single piece of raid gear.

Fuck EVERYTHING.

I didn't get any raid gear until my 11th raid, and that included 3 hard raids. Now after 15 raids, including 4 hard raids and 1 normal on my alt, I still only have gloves and boots.

Yep, RNGeebus is fucked.

noomi

What? It took me like an hour to get 30 miserable spirit blooms last night.

Spirit bloom is probably the easiest material to farm in the game, need to do the chest run on Venus with all those caves.

Material spawns are definitely faster and more plentiful after the patch.

GlamFM

Banned
I didn't get any raid gear until my 11th raid, and that included 3 hard raids. Now after 15 raids, including 4 hard raids and 1 normal on my alt, I still only have gloves and boots.

Yep, RNGeebus is fucked.

Yep, friend of mine completed his set yesterday with me - ON HIS SECOND RAID!

He didn´t even finish his first one!

Midas

Yes it fails if anyone dies at any point after you land unless glitch.

Great. Thanks! I'll probably try to push my raid team to try it, when everyone is at 30. Since we "basically" were flawless on hard yesterday, normal shouldn't be impossible. But by posts from members here, bugs seem to be the enemy rather than Atheon.

Fistwell

Did Nightfall last night and got Plan C. Pretty sweet. One of the other guys got Heart of Praxic Fire. I'm jelly
Did it yesterday together with the one person who didnt buy icebreaker from Xur. Icebreaker dropped. For someone else. Who sharded it on the spot. Many feels got expressed, harsh words exchanged. :)

X-Frame

Did anyone play Rusted Lands last night and notice the Hive ship taking off and that eerie sound?!

It was fucking awesome, really helped with the immersion that the Crucible is relatively in enemy territory.

JoeTonic

Neo Member
Any 28s been playing the Iron Banner? Quite curious so see how they stack up against 29s and 30s. The only maxed weapon I've got is LHF, but hopefully that's not too much of a setback.
I do kind of feel that there's not a lot of point in participating in IB though. I know I'm not going to get to play enough to hit rank 3/4 and get some raid-level gear, are there random drops that can be earned post match that are worth playing for?

Anyone looking for a weekly or Nightfall partner? Or even another normal raid member?

Level 29 warlock with almost maxed out weapons.

Psn: ausroachman

Spirit bloom is probably the easiest material to farm in the game, need to do the chest run on Venus with all those caves.

Material spawns are definitely faster and more plentiful after the patch.

would still love to have a material exchange/buyout option in the Tower :D

Jinjo

Solo'd Nightfall and got No Back Up Plans for my Titan and got Bad Seed Down pulse rifle from a legendary engram - does anyone use pulse rifles?

No Back up Plans - Love the concept of holographic armor but once you wear it, it ruins the flow of the character. It looks like i have skinny arms - anybody use'em?

Supposedly it's really good for a Defender Titan in combination with Monte Carlo. Spec everything into duration and strength for your overshield. This in combination with really quick melee cooldown due to Monte Carlo means you can have your shield up almost forever as long as there mobs to kill. I've wanted both for the longest time to test this build.

Offcourse, I have neither....

It should be on automatic... I bet most people don't know about it. The option should be to mute, not to turn it on.

ugh, no please. The amount of crying children, rap music and whatnot was horrible in games like Battlefield Bad Company 2 :D
people leave mics on and on kitchen tables all the time.

it is clearly enough and a good solution that the game clearly states "TEAM CHANNEL IS NOW AVAILABLE" when you join a game.

DjRalford

Seriously, who thought the new blind watch points were a good idea, now a team only has to cap C and camp the doorway by the blocked off section at the Base of the stairs to get perfect protected line of sight on point b, at least before it was round the bloody corner and took a little effort!

Rubenov

ugh, no please. The amount of crying children, rap music and whatnot was horrible in games like Battlefield Bad Company 2 :D

it is clearly enough and a good solution that the game clearly states "TEAM CHANNEL IS NOW AVAILABLE" when you join a game.

...that's when you mute. As I said, I'm willing to bet a large % of players don't know voice chat exists or can't be bothered or are too lazy to switch it on.

Jinjo

Any 28s been playing the Iron Banner? Quite curious so see how they stack up against 29s and 30s. The only maxed weapon I've got is LHF, but hopefully that's not too much of a setback.
I do kind of feel that there's not a lot of point in participating in IB though. I know I'm not going to get to play enough to hit rank 3/4 and get some raid-level gear, are there random drops that can be earned post match that are worth playing for?

Don't know about it this time, but last time you got a chance for a legendary handcannon drop after reaching a certain rank. Think Bungie said there's 4 guns total now, meaning you can earn two as a random drop after a certain rank.

Saladin can also reforge those guns now for a single mote rolling new perks on them. As long as you have the motes to spend until you get lucky you can end up with some pretty beastly perk combo's.

JoeTonic

Neo Member
It should be on automatic... I bet most people don't know about it. The option should be to mute, not to turn it on.

Voice comms were dead the second they weren't included at launch. Now that the game has been out a few months, players are set in their ways and aren't suddenly going to start plugging in their mic.

It's such a shame too. Destiny could have been the game to bring voice communication back to how it used to be, but instead Bungie were terrified of people getting scared off by the odd trash-talking teenager. Now what we've got is a desolate game where it takes me so long to invite a player to a fireteam that they will have disappeared before I finished typing my message. What a wasted opportunity.

I want to be able to pull up next to a Warlock on my sparrow and say "hey, you're farming Spirit Bloom, right? Let's team up and get this shit done faster." Now all I can do is dance, point, and hope for the best.

excowboy

Yeah, I guess that's what I'll end up doing. And you get the chance of getting something better like an exotic as well. Happened to me once! And I shouldn't skip the green engrams, I guess.

Yeah, there's always a chance for something really decent :)
I actually did this last night and passed a dozen blues to my Titan alt who had just hit 22. She got to 24 with some new gear and a couple of dozen Plasteel Plating added to the inventory, plus levelling up Rahool.

Pretty much, yeah, opt-in is the best and less intrusive solution, randoms online do really strange shit with their mics active, i don´t need to hear that.

meant to exchange items into materials, or materials into other materials. not dump materials into a few silly vanguard marks that have no use at lvl29 onwards :D
If you're looking to level up a weapon or armor quickly it's not a bad option. I usually run a loop when doing patrol and other bounties and have had no trouble having enough materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom