• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

stay with your team.... If you aren't as good as someone (in K/D perspective), just stick with your team let them stay up front and provide support fire. Never rush a flag, unless you have a super. Watch out for anything glowing (grenades, sniper scopes).

Kamikaze only works in this game if you have a super charged or you have superior firepower.

Thanks Deadlast
(that should be my pvp moniker!)
I appreciate it.

What do you guys do if you spawn by yourself away from your group? Reconnect or kind of lone wolf through the map?
I'm asking for a friend

LiK

It sucks that the ranks are going to reset after this IB. I'm never going to have enough time in my life to really get deep into any of the special events. :(

They should make it two weeks. The amount of time to get to Rank 5 requires a lot of time and wins. I'm hoping the way their buff works will show some significant difference as the week goes on. I just want the shader.

E92 M3

Anyone else on PS4 having trouble getting their trick sparrow?

I bought the Digital Guardian Edition, pre-launch, on the PS4. There are two "packs" that come with it besides the game, the Collector's Edition content and the Vanguard pack. I have both installed. I've logged in and out on both characters. I've hard restarted my PS4. Nothing seems to be working.

Any help?

100% everything is installed? Expansion pass and all? You might have only the special items installed.

X-Frame

Thanks Deadlast
(that should be my pvp moniker!)
I appreciate it.

What do you guys do if you spawn by yourself away from your group? Reconnect or kind of lone wolf through the map?
I'm asking for a friend

Hey man, do you know of the Destiny subreddit? There is a great thread going on there at the top where everyone is contributing their PvP tips. I'd link but I'm on my phone. I'd suggest checking it out. I am probably going to contribute to it myself soon.

If you spawn by yourself, be cautious because if your team is on the other side of the map then that is likely the enemy team is taking over your location. Personally I would attempt to rejoin my team because there is definitely strength in numbers.

Nothing there either. I hope I'm not the only one who's missing the sparrow.

If nothing else, maybe the weekly update tomorrow will have some details.

So what happened with me is, I was on one of my alts when the reset hit (around 2 or 3 am central, can't remember), and then I signed off after that for the night. The next day (Tuesday) I signed on my main account and was confused that there was nothing at the Postmaster. I was about to create a post on here asking if anyone else had any issues until I remembered that I was on my other character the moment the reset occurred.

Sure enough, I switched to my alt and the mail was in for that character specifically. I was able to purchase the Sparrow for my other characters after opening the gift immediately after from the Special Orders vendor.

So you may want to make sure the Sparrow wasn't sent to any of your other characters if you have any.

So now I need to farm glimmer... -_-

1) Go to first Moon mission and set it to the first hard difficulty.
2) Get to the part where the Hive guys rush out of the doors (Dinklebot: "We've woken the Hive!")
3) Use Wax Idol.
4) Eliminate the rushing Thralls and ultra Acolytes but leave the single Knight alive.
5) Kill yourself and repeat step 4. Use Wax Idol every 10 minutes.
6) ??????
7) Profit!!!

rNilla

So this is why no one ever wants to go to B with me.

4) Capture that first point closest to your spawn. When the game starts I see half the players run for B while the others cap point A or B (whichever side you spawn). Everyone on your team gets 75 points for capping an objective. If your whole team caps the first point you will have 450 points, that's almost 5 base kills. I also think you generally have a better chance at capping B by heading en mass, rather than in ones and twos. This tip is open to disagreement however, some maps have strategically inferior spawn locations where capping the first objective may be detrimental in the long run.

phen0m24

Thanks X-Frame and Fig.

Fig I see you on sometimes. If you would tolerate a shadow at some point I would enjoy running around and watching you work your face-wrecking magic.

PS: Glimmer farming?

1) Go to earth patrol.
2) Pop black wax idol.
3) Farm the Hive Room.

:)

Thanks again X and Fig. Yes, I'll check out Reddit, but I feel like GAF is more family now so I asked here.
I like it here, what can I say?

1) Go to first Moon mission and set it to the first hard difficulty.
2) Get to the part where the Hive guys rush out of the doors (Dinklebot: "We've woken the Hive!"
3) Use Wax Idol.
4) Eliminate the rushing Thralls and ultra Acolytes but leave the single Knight alive.
5) Kill yourself and repeat step 4. Use Wax Idol every 10 minutes.
6) ??????
7) Profit!!!

Well, I guess I have some tv to catch up on lol thanks.

Hmm, I seem to have access to another Tempering buff? is this a daily thing or did Bungle offer up a second because there was no indication it activated immediately?

E92 M3

Gate Keepers is a great place for glimmer from personal experience.

I want them to blow my mind with all the exotics. Buffing Thorn, Bad Juju, Super Good Advice, Universal Remote (it was affected quite noticeably from the global shotgun nerf), etc.

I don't know if Deej will go into specifics but in excited too.

Yeah same here. I expect a lot of detail simply because it is long overdue.

Thanks X-Frame and Fig.

Fig I see you on sometimes. If you would tolerate a shadow at some point I would enjoy running around and watching you work your face-wrecking magic.

1) Go to earth patrol.
2) Pop black wax idol.
3) Farm the Hive Room.

Thanks again X and Fig. Yes, I'll check out Reddit, but I feel like GAF is more family now so I asked here.

Dat pressure.

Sure, I don't mind. Hopefully we end up on a good team anyway!

I'll be on later (so close to rank 5), so just let me know when you want to play.

Hmm, I seem to have access to another Tempering buff? is this a daily thing or did Bungle offer up a second because there was no indication it activated immediately?

It was confirmed (after much panic when it applied immediately upon purchasing) that it resets every 12 hours, so you can basically always have it at the cost of Motes.

The question is (for me at least) whether or not the buff affects Iron Banner Bounty turn ins. I haven't been able to figure this out yet and can't test it myself right now since I'm at work, but my Warlock is sitting on 5 completed IB bounties so I'd like to find out before I get home to turn them in properly.

ocean

Banned

Gatekeeper checkpoint + sniper rifle + blue polyphage. I think it's the fastest glimmer farm you can do since there's more yellow enemies in that room than anywhere else I think. Kill yourself and they're all back there again!

lol anybody have a gatekeeper checkpoint they want to give me then?

It's once every 12 hours. So, basically, you could potentially use it the entire week.

It was confirmed (after much panic when it applied immediately upon purchasing) that it resets every 12 hours, so you can basically always have it at the cost of Motes.

The question is (for me at least) whether or not the buff affects Iron Bounty turn ins. I haven't been able to figure this out yet and can't test it myself right now since I'm at work, but my Warlock is sitting on 5 completed IB bounties so I'd like to find out before I get home to turn them in properly.

Thanks for the info sir. :)

X-Frame

So this is why no one ever wants to go to B with me.

I don't know if I agree with this piece of advice, at least depending on the map. If you use that advice against the other team, 1 or 2 people can quickly cap B without any hassle and then defending it when your team catches up to you is always easier than the other team trying to clear you out, neutralize and then capture the point.

The start of the game can normally influence the rest of the match so often I rush to B as well with good success.

Thanks X-Frame and Fig.

1) Go to earth patrol.
2) Pop black wax idol.
3) Farm the Hive Room.

Anytime! You're always welcome to join me if you see me playing or send me a message so I know to back out of matchmaking to join up with you. PvP is always more fun with friends. Especially this weekend, I'll be on IB a lot.

Nodnol

Five normal raids with my titan, still no raid armor.

RNGesus works in mysterious ways.

I've only got the chest piece, but I've been fortunate in the weapon department.

My friend however, who has done less raid than I, is level 30. He also discards raid weapons because he doesn't use rocket launchers, auto-rifles, scout rifles etc.

Such a cruel world.

flkraven

Played a bunch of IB last night. I'm level 24 and I think I held up alright. The level advantage was quite obvious, so I had to basically change up my strategy and either bum rush with melee or play extremely conservative with cover. I was over 1.00 KD roughly half the time, so I am happy with the results. My fav match was when I was first on our team and had like a 2.5 KD and the dudes behind me were all level 29. Felt really good. Inspecting these guys, I see that their auto rifles do over 300 damage, which is almost 50% more than mine. Again, happy with the results.

Sort of which the special event was PvE though :/

rNilla

I don't know if I agree with this piece of advice, at least depending on the map. If you use that advice against the other team, 1 or 2 people can quickly cap B without any hassle and then defending it when your team catches up to you is always easier than the other team trying to clear you out, neutralize and then capture the point.

The start of the game can normally influence the rest of the match so often I rush to B as well with good success.

Yeah, this is why I would get frustrated on something like Blind Watch when the entire team is sitting on A at the beginning and no one is rushing to try to get B. It's a different story when you're not playing with randoms though.

My friend however, who has done less raid than I, is level 30. He also discards raid weapons because he doesn't use rocket launchers, auto-rifles, scout rifles etc.

Such a cruel world.

Feel free to tell him, on my behalf, that he is the epitome of a noob if he continues to do this.

Vision of Confluence is probably the most useful weapon in the game and will be invaluable in the next raid, unless he managed to get the Vex Mythoclast. Not to mention the other raid primaries that have burn damage make the Nightfalls and Weeklies about 10 times easier when they have a damage burn type. And they aren't even Exotics, so you can use another Exotic slot elsewhere.

Five normal raids with my titan, still no raid armor.
Game can be unfair like that. Took me close to a hundred loot drops to get a full set. Got lucky on my first raid with gloves but took me 6 more raids to get the next piece. Got so sick of it I made my alts all titans. Gives you more chances but also makes you stuck with three titans:(

I've only got the chest piece, but I've been fortunate in the weapon department.

Such a cruel world.

o_o

Mupod

Dammit, I need motes for gear. I can't be using it on the buff every night.

Might pass on it tonight as well, since I'm hoping to try the raid.

I hit rank 4 and bought both IB 30 items. I leveled and upgraded the boots to one away from full too. It feels so good to have a path to 30.

Not if you're unlucky and still don't have raid chest or helmet. The only 2 raid armor pieces I have are gloves and boots, so IB gear is useless to me...

Thought my alt needs +30 light gloves. But I'm not really in the mood to grind IB if my main already has raid gloves and boots.

Not if you're unlucky and still don't have raid chest or helmet. The only 2 raid armor pieces I have are gloves and boots, so IB gear is useless to me...

Thought my alt needs +30 light gloves. But I'm not really in the mood to grind IB if my main already has raid gloves and boots.

At least you can get some cool looking gear and/or some alternate stat distribution? But yes, it sucks to be in that specific scenario. :/

PuMa

Anyone else on PS4 having trouble getting their trick sparrow?

I bought the Digital Guardian Edition, pre-launch, on the PS4. There are two "packs" that come with it besides the game, the Collector's Edition content and the Vanguard pack. I have both installed. I've logged in and out on both characters. I've hard restarted my PS4. Nothing seems to be working.

Any help?

Go to the Sony Playstation Store online, and search for Destiny Expansion Pass. It should come up as "free" for you. Put that in your cart and check out, then download it. That worked for me. I don't know why it didn't download with the Digital Guardian Edition from the beginning.

E92 M3

Feel free to tell him, on my behalf, that he is the epitome of a noob if he continues to do this.

Vision of Confluence is probably the most useful weapon in the game and will be invaluable in the next raid, unless he managed to get the Vex Mythoclast. Not to mention the other raid primaries that have burn damage make the Nightfalls and Weeklies about 10 times easier when they have a damage burn type. And they aren't even Exotics, so you can use another Exotic slot elsewhere.

Hmm, I'd max mine out - but I'm worried that it will become obsolete once the Vex is buffed. Though, I should still have a go-to primary that's not the Vex or Thorn.

Such a cruel world.

RNGeebus is the true villain of Destiny.

Hmm, I'd max mine out - but I'm worried that it will become obsolete once the Vex is buffed. Though, I should still have a go-to primary that's not the Vex or Thorn.

VoC was the first weapon I maxed and I don't regret it. Vex is also an exotic, so as good as it will be after the buff, it will still limit your build (IE: No Icebreaker), so I think it will still be a valuable tool to have maxed in your arsenal.

Nodnol

He's blinded by his love for his HC.

He's slowly realizing how useful raid weapons are in Nightfalls. Still, a little bit of me dies inside when he dismantles something. He's a good player though, so valuable to the team.

PuMa

VoC was the first weapon I maxed and I don't regret it. Vex is also an exotic, so as good as it will be after the buff, it will still limit your build (IE: No Icebreaker), so I think it will still be a valuable tool to have maxed in your arsenal.

Same here. VoC is a weapon you can take into pretty much any battle.

At least you can get some cool looking gear and/or some alternate stat distribution? But yes, it sucks to be in that specific scenario. :/

I haven't seen how the IB boots and gloves look. That might persuade me to try it. But since I suck at PvP I'm not sure I'll be able to reach those ranks by the end of the week.

And Dragon Age Inquisition will be available friday, which will limit my Destiny playtime even more...

Damn some guy on my team on Tiger Strike playlist got a Plan C as a reward last night. Hoping one day the rng will bless me with at least a legendary engram. Nothing but blues so far except for the legendary armor and legendary gauntlets I purchased from the vanguard quartermaster. The one blue engram that I got that decoded to a legendary was a class item that turned into a Titan mark (I'm a Hunter).

Seems like this game is really stingy with loot, at least until you hit a certain level and can run the Raid and Nightfalls.

So the patch broke my Advanced Warfare preorder goodies. They're still in my inventory but now say they need to be "purchased". I don't even know who to contact about that. Bungie I guess?

May I ask a question and politely request a favor? I'm not so secretly envious of all of you (fig, earv, lik, Hawkian, Nami, rawr) who rack up kills and sport sexy K/D ratios.

I always played support types in BF. Kamikaze medic, ammo and med kit spam. K/D would be an afterthought. I would pride myself on most flag caps, most rezzes and or assists.

But being a kamikaze (
unlike Namikaze
) in Destiny isn't working out so well.

Would you all be willing to share some tips and or approaches to your pvp play?

Heck I would love to watch you all if you streamed.

Thanks all - love reading your victory stories
(while lamenting my own inadequacies lol)
Well sometimes I go positive and others times I don't :p but I don't know how much you played crucible. Once you get the flow of the maps and locations of the enemies, you can figure out where you should be position to hold them off. Talking to your team members is very helpful as well. You want to stay together and try not to be guns blazing imo. If you ever do watch me play, I am more of a defensive a player and let the other team come to me most of the time. Map control is key imo.

Edit: I also try to aim for the upper body. Honestly I am bad at getting headshots so I tend to let the recoil of the gun bounce around thier heads. I notice whenever I try to aim at thier heads, all my shots ends up flying by above thier heads. Also keep your eyes glued on that radar whenever you can. As long as you get the jump, you should be able to beat them on a 1v1... Most of the time

The Hunter IB gear looks kinda shit. :/

I wonder why they didn't allow the chest piece I bought last time to be buffed to 30 light. And I've never even seen the helmet.

Has anyone who was lucky enough to get the Iron Banner ship from the last IB event notice since the patch that part of the fuselage of the ship is now glitched/invisible?

matmanx1

Did 6 IB matches last night with one of the guys from my regular fireteam. In those 6 matches we won 3 and lost 3. My K/D was worse than usual but then again the competition was better and I was more focused on capturing points than outright deathmatch.

The Devil You Know acquitted itself nicely as did The Swarm (which is only about half upgraded - ((I ended up getting several Machine Lord badges)) while I had mixed success with Invective.

Sometimes Invective would chew through an enemy and sometimes it felt like I was tossing wet tissues at the enemy. /shrug

Bladelaw

The question is (for me at least) whether or not the buff affects Iron Banner Bounty turn ins. I haven't been able to figure this out yet and can't test it myself right now since I'm at work, but my Warlock is sitting on 5 completed IB bounties so I'd like to find out before I get home to turn them in properly.

Here's some info: I have the Iron Banner Emblem (rank 1), Million Million shader (rank 2), and Tempered. I completed the 10000XP bounty yesterday (base rep is 100). When I turned it in I received 133 rep so my gain was +33%
I don't know how much bonus rep the emblem and shader give and I'm not sure on how much Tempered was giving day 1, so fill in the numbers and you'll have an answer.

I haven't seen how the IB boots and gloves look. That might persuade me to try it. But since I suck at PvP I'm not sure I'll be able to reach those ranks by the end of the week.

And Dragon Age Inquisition will be available friday, which will limit my Destiny playtime even more...

If you want to give it a go, you are free to join me ;) It will make the grind more tolerable at least.

The Hunter IB gear looks kinda shit. :/

I wonder why they didn't allow the chest piece I bought last time to be buffed to 30 light. And I've never even seen the helmet.

A price I pay gladly to be able to finally reach 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom