• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

NastyBook

Hunter is still my favorite, but damn if playing a Striker Titan isn't satisfying. The super, the grenades - just a powerhouse. And Lift is amazing.

So far, Warlock is my least favorite, and honestly, most of it comes down to Glide.

Fuck Glide.
Voidwalking Warlock with Blink is the fucking truth. Glide is quite shit, though, yes.

Namikaze1

Favorite weapons to use or most effective weapons? For me that would be two separate lists cause as much as I love how effective Ice Breaker is I don't get much joy out of using it
Favorite weapons overall. I could make another list regarding which weapon is most effective but I don't have the time right now due to raid.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Putting a hard raid together for 7pm eastern on PS4.

1.WHOAguitarninja (level 30 hunter)
2.Danno333(level 29 hunter)
3.The_Reckoning (level 29 hunter)
4.Indrid Cold
5.x_Magic_ox (level 30 Warlock)
6.?

Need one more. Namer? HighonPCP? Either of you want do it at 7 pm Eastern?
Hey the guys I just finished with are doing it again on their alts so if you can grab some one else do it. If not I'll still give you a hand.

Anyone know why they decided to axe exotic boss drops like in the audience previews? Was it that this was supposed to be a bigger game with more items ready at launch but the lack of rare and exotics drops resulted in bosses not dropping exotics and them being confined to after strike, raid, crucible rolls?

I also noticed that the radar didn't suck originally and was actually more informative. The radar is VERY bad now even when you understand how it works, it's kind of like a vague radar that tells you KIND OF where the enemy is.

I just don't get it. I'm assuming that was done to kind of even the playing field a bit.

I liked the one vid doc where the lady was saying how rewarding popping a chest was, and they showed a clip of a bunch of engrams spewing out of it. Oh what it could have been.

PS4 3 Hard Raids at Reset (also 3 NFs and 3 Weeklies for the real crazies)

1.) Me
2.) Cyborg
3.) Steroyd
4.) Casmith
5.) YvenUp
6.) Kauaiboy (non-gaffer friend)

Alternates: GreenyMac, Ruthlessbarbarian

I'm in for all 3 in case anyone drops out.

Btw are you able to help my 24 titan through normal raid before reset?

I can definitely help. What time were you trying to do the raid?

LiK

Im glad I got Flawless before it became this bad, it was only slightly fucking up last time.

Don't tell Boguester....

Greenymac

Me and Narmer still need 3 or 4 for hard atheon starting at around 7pm eastern or earlier if we get enough...psn is same as GAF. Could use a couple 30s for the damage.

I won't lie but I got a bit frustrated recently with some people. By now, people should know all of the raid roles. You should know where Oracles would spawn and how to use the relic. Things like that shouldn't be explained.

By the way, I'm talking about when raiding on hard. I see normal as training.

The cheesing has allowed people who aren't ready for the hard raid to want to do it before gaining the experience and gear necessary from the normal raid

Edit** an example of this is i recently played with people who couldn't handle the harpies during the atheon battle. It was a constant problem thoughout the encounter with people dying while on gate/harpy duty. If you dont have enough experience to know that you should find some high ground when harpies are around then you shouldn't be doing the hard raid.

hydruxo

1) Gjallahorn
2) Vision of Confluence (Gjallahorn)
3) Ice Breaker (Gjallahorn)
4) Hawkmoon (Gjallahorn)
5) Suros Regime (Gjallahorn)
6) Vex Mythoclast (Gjallahorn)
7) Fatebringer (Gjallahorn)
8) Thunderlord (Gjallahorn)
9) Athean's Epilogue (Gjallahorn)
10) Corrective Measure (Gjallahorn)

Edit: Switched Plan C with Corrective Measure

Haha man I need Gjallarhorn so bad.

Out of the weapons I have right now, mine would be:
  1. Ice Breaker
  2. Fatebringer
  3. Hawkmoon
  4. Vex Mythoclast
  5. Suros Regime
  6. Patience & Time
  7. Found Verdict
  8. Truth
  9. Red Death
  10. The Devil You Know

I could jump in on that. I am mostly excited about the weekly 28 and the nightfall recently but the others are short. I play with two lvl 30 sunsingers and a currently level 27 Titan who is waiting for raid gear

Myself and Hoodburry have been running around that time everyweek for the past month. Pretty sure he's still working on an alt, but I'm good to go on 3 toons (30/28/27).

Ok cool! So you're both down then? 9:30pm EST tomorrow night. I'll send you FRs soon.

I need to do the Raid on Normal with my Hunter. Anyone doing that? Or at least Atheon so I have a "chance" to finally to get Atheon's Epilogue.

I need it to be able to do the Raid on Hard. I keep having to switch between Corrective Measure and Gjallarhorn and it's pissing me off.

PS4: Phaethon

It is amazing how dominated this thread is by PS4 players.

I don't have a problem with it, it's just hilarious how 9 times out of 10, I don't even need to ask which platform people are looking for Raid assistance with.

NastyBook

You're right. I do like Voidwalker over Sunsinger. I can see why people like the latter, but...it's just not for me.
I think I'm gonna primarily Sunsing in PvE. I've yet to see how effective it is in revive modes like Skirmish and Salvage, so I'll reserve my full opinion of it once I've used it in those game types.

Jito

Banned
Well I've survived my first time through the raid, took only an hour an a half with 3 players having done it before and 3 new players to it including me. Got chatterwhite, a load of ascendant shards and Hezen Vengeance (is this any good?). Was pretty fun!

So I was thinking, the strike playlist needs to give bonus XP. I think 750-1000 would be fair. It'd take 150 strikes to fully level an exotic. Thoughts?

Namikaze1

Athean must hate dancing cause he somehow killed me while I hid behind a the left most pillar. The kill screen showed him behind the front pillar so I'm wondering how the fuck he was able to shoot me through that pillar.

I need to do the Raid on Normal with my Hunter. Anyone doing that? Or at least Atheon so I have a "chance" to finally to get Atheon's Epilogue.

I need it to be able to do the Raid on Hard. I keep having to switch between Corrective Measure and Gjallarhorn and it's pissing me off.

PS4: Phaethon

If you find a group that's doing it, I'd be interested. Fresh or Atheon. Lvl 28 Warlock.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop.

NastyBook

Well I've survived my first time through the raid, took only an hour an a half with 3 players having done it before and 3 new players to it including me. Got chatterwhite, a load of ascendant shards and Hezen Vengeance (is this any good?). Was pretty fun!
Currently the second or third best RL in the game, depending on who you ask. Good get for your first Raid.

Daemul

1) Gjallahorn
2) Vision of Confluence (Gjallahorn)
3) Ice Breaker (Gjallahorn)
4) Hawkmoon (Gjallahorn)
5) Suros Regime (Gjallahorn)
6) Vex Mythoclast (Gjallahorn)
7) Fatebringer (Gjallahorn)
8) Thunderlord (Gjallahorn)
9) Athean's Epilogue (Gjallahorn)
10) Corrective Measure (Gjallahorn)

Edit: Switched Plan C with Corrective Measure

This is my list.

1) Red Death
2) Gjallahorn
3) Super Pox VLO
4) 77 Wizard
5) Light/Beware
6) Plan C
7) Hezen Vengeance
8) Patience and Time
9) Ice Breaker
10) Truth

I have more fully upgraded weapons, but these are the ones I mainly use.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone else getting those weird PSN popups when you sign into Destiny about user generated media and chat?

Deku Tree

This is my list.

1) Red Death
2) Gjallahorn
3) Super Pox VLO
4) 77 Wizard
5) Light/Beware
6) Plan C
7) Hezen Vengeance
8) Patience and Time
9) Ice Breaker
10) Truth

I have more fully upgraded weapons, but these are the ones I mainly use.

You like red death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom