• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our team was destroying in IB last night and I got a message from someone who kept camping in the back with a P&T. I'd send a few thorn shots his way every time...

Also whats up with Bungie's matchmaking just putting you against the exact same team over and over again? Why should you have to back out for it to randomize teams? The matchmaking is pretty laughable sometimes..

Bahaha. That was priceless last night. Those guys were NOT having a good time in IB last night. Best part was they reported us and KEPT PLAYING AGAINST US MATCH AFTER MATCH. I was totally ok with that.

realcZk

Good IB games guys

I ended up getting Timur's Lash. It was awful but then I reforged it and got Rangefinder, Third Eye and Field Scout which makes it pretty much a beastlier Lord High Fixer.

The thing that looks awesome about Timur's is that the range is 70/100 which is really damn good for distance shots. I'm curious about the sights and RoF though.

excowboy

There's also a very intentional outright penalty to your right stick camera/aiming speed while sprinting. If a sprinting player comes across a walking player and they see each other at the same time, the second or fraction of a second it takes for the sprinter to adjust can be life and death.

Yeah, absolutely. As a not very confident player I pretty quickly found myself walking everywhere in order to give myself the best time to prepare for engagements and my performance improved dramatically. As you said, you should only sprint when you need to be getting somewhere quick!

Jinjo

OMG GUYS

You can buy multiple Tumbler Sparrows from special orders for your alts! No more peasant Timebreakers for them too!

Bahaha. That was priceless last night. Those guys were NOT having a good time in IB last night. Best part was they reported us and KEPT PLAYING AGAINST US MATCH AFTER MATCH. I was totally ok with that.

This is electronic gaming Karma... If your going to be an asshole and report because your team sucks then you deserve to play against the people your complaining about.

Do Iron Banner games not show up on Bungie.net in your recent games list?

I'm trying to figure out how many matches I played yesterday, but I don't see any of them.

E92 M3

OMG GUYS

You can buy multiple Tumbler Sparrows from special orders for your alts! No more peasant Timebreakers for them too!

I actually like the Timebreaker more...need that speed boost. Though, when I am in the SSX mood I can always use the Tumbler.

I mean, in theory this could happen depending on what the weapons that drop there are, but I guess the point is that it will be very helpful up until it is rendered inferior since there will probably be Wizards in the raid which generally have Fire shields.

Yeah...I'll just max it. Tired of being a cheap bum.

realcZk

This is electronic gaming Karma... If your going to be an asshole and report because your team sucks then you deserve to play against the people your complaining about.

That's what I was saying about the matchmaking, its like people don't realize if they don't back out they will keep going against the same team forever. I don't think the game does a good job of communicating that because it doesn't show a lobby player list or anything, but still after a few games it should click...

I would like to eventually see:
- map voting system between 3 random maps
- lobby player list where you can inspect players of opposing team as well and view crucible overall stats

spyder_ur

Wednesday Night Fun-Run™ normal VoG at 9pm EST.

Currently full, but could use an alt or two as X-Frame is tentative this week (last I heard).

1) scarletham
2) Hoodbury
3) Mupod
4) Appletz
5) ColonelOfCorn
6) X-Frame

I'd be willing to serve as an alt - ran with at least you and a couple others last week. Might try to find one before then around 8 or so, but I could let you know. 28 Titan - maybe 29 if I get a couple more shards.

Edit - Never mind, just saw the post above.

Strider

I'll join you Strider, I'll be playing then and probably a bit earlier. Shoot me an invite when you get on. My 29 Bubblegal is ready to bring the Thunderdome to IB again.

I can play for about an hour before my raid at that time

Sounds good. I'l post here around that time or a little before to get a list going as well so we can get another 3 along with us for a full team.

phen0m24

Well sometimes I go positive and others times I don't :p but I don't know how much you played crucible. Once you get the flow of the maps and locations of the enemies, you can figure out where you should be position to hold them off. Talking to your team members is very helpful as well. You want to stay together and try not to be guns blazing imo. If you ever do watch me play, I am more of a defensive a player and let the other team come to me most of the time. Map control is key imo.

Edit: I also try to aim for the upper body. Honestly I am bad at getting headshots so I tend to let the recoil of the gun bounce around thier heads. I notice whenever I try to aim at thier heads, all my shots ends up flying by above thier heads. Also keep your eyes glued on that radar whenever you can. As long as you get the jump, you should be able to beat them on a 1v1... Most of the time

Rawr, I'm confident you would wreck 30's in your 26
pj's
;) armor. Thank you for the tips bro!!!

Haha, sorry scarlet. You guys are awesome to play with.

And Colonel is hilarious from that first time we ran the raid together. Something about not sending Atheon a Christmas card? Haha.

"You're not on my Christmas list anymore" or something like that, hahaha

I'd be willing to serve as an alt - ran with at least you and a couple others last week. Might try to find one before then around 8 or so, but I could let you know. 28 Titan - maybe 29 if I get a couple more shards.

Edit - Never mind, just saw the post above.

Hey, sorry I didn't include you. What's your PSN again? For next week, at least...

The thing that looks awesome about Timur's is that the range is 70/100 which is really damn good for distance shots. I'm curious about the sights and RoF though.

Yeah it has nice range. Rangefinder seems excessive and I'd prefer if it was Outlaw for those quick crit reloads. Don't like my odds of getting that exact setup though

EL CUCO

Funniest thing I saw last night was one of my teammate Titans saying he was going to clear out B with his Fist of Havok, so as he gets there he hits his super only to drop a bubble on them not realizing he was using Defender.

They ate him alive lol

spyder_ur

I'll join you Strider, I'll be playing then and probably a bit earlier. Shoot me an invite when you get on. My 29 Bubblegal is ready to bring the Thunderdome to IB again.

Haha, sorry scarlet. You guys are awesome to play with.

And Colonel is hilarious from that first time we ran the raid together. Something about not sending Atheon a Christmas card? Haha.

Forgot about that - was a fun one.

phen0m24

"You're not on my Christmas list anymore" or something like that

My inanity
or insanity
intensifies depending on my level of sleep deprivation.

I can't help but bust out Hank Hill all the time though. It's like a reflex.
No, I'm just stupid and typically tired lol

Funniest thing I saw last night was one of my teammate Titans saying he was going to clear out B with his Fist of Havok, so as he gets there he hits his super only to drop a bubble on them not realizing he was using Defender.

They ate him alive lol
Armor Of Light: Provides massive damage resistance inside Ward Of Dawn
Helm of Saint-14: Blinds enemies who enter Ward Of Dawn
Works like Fist of Havoc but with less shockwaves

Rubenov

They ate him alive lol

Bwahahah.

One thing that always makes me chuckle is when my Titan teammates yell "GET OUT OF MY BUBBLE" while punching someone.

stb

Is IB entirely separate from Crucible?

i.e. I'm doing the void/Crucible portion of the Thorn bounty and don't want to mess up my meager progress getting my ass handed to me in Crucible, but want to try IB and maybe get some arms.

EL CUCO

Armor Of Light: Provides massive damage resistance inside Ward Of Dawn
Helm of Saint-14: Blinds enemies who enter Ward Of Dawn
Works like Fist of Havoc but with less shockwaves

Yeah but this guy had Armamentarium on. He had 3 dudes wailing on him with shotguns in that bubble from above..xD

Bizazedo

Here's some info: I have the Iron Banner Emblem (rank 1), Million Million shader (rank 2), and Tempered. I completed the 10000XP bounty yesterday (base rep is 100). When I turned it in I received 133 rep so my gain was +33%
I don't know how much bonus rep the emblem and shader give and I'm not sure on how much Tempered was giving day 1, so fill in the numbers and you'll have an answer.
Did you have Nightfall buff? Reason I ask is I also got 133 rep with shader, emblem, and class item on. Nightfall didn't impact IB the first time, but this time I wonder.....

Honestly, I didn't play much and wracked up 1400+ rep last night without Tempered (as I thought it was one time only), over halfway to rank 4....rep is much much easier this go-round. Especially with medallions basically negating "lost" rep when you lose.

Does your score even go up as you hold control points like it does in literally every other FPS that has a similar mode? Because it seems to me that holding control points just makes kills worth more points in the score I think.

Absolute horseshit our team got punished for playing the objective.

It does not and it's a mode that rewards smart players. If you have one point, take less chances and make sure you kill more than you die. Don't overextend onto points. Have two or three points? It then shifts into rewarding aggressiveness.

It just sounds like your team was horribad.

It's still vastly inferior to Salvage, but I'm glad Control exists for when I want to solo.

Any good Hunter builds for a Gunslinger? I already have the exotic helm that gives you the 4th golden gun shot, but is there any other gear I should look out for?

6 weeks in a row doing the normal raid and I haven't seen a single piece of armor. In the raid last night I got 21 Ascendent Shards to go along with the other 100 I have sitting in my bank.

At this point I'd be happy if it would even just give me Ascendent Energies. At least I only have 30 of those.

I finally got my gear to 30 last night and now the IB feels a little different, still near instant deaths but something about it all feels better, might just be placebo.

Pretty sure I have not seen anyone below level 26 in the IB yet.

My Hard Light is only at 267 dmg or something like that, I do wonder how different it will be at 300.

6 weeks in a row doing the normal raid and I haven't seen a single piece of armor. In the raid last night I got 21 Ascendent Shards to go along with the other 100 I have sitting in my bank.

At this point I'd be happy if it would even just give me Ascendent Energies. At least I only have 30 of those.

It would be nice is beating the raid gave a coin you could use towards raid gear in a shop, so 5 coins could buy a segment of armor for those with super low RNG luck.

Speaking of luck I found my Hard Light beating atheon last week, the other day I got ANOTHER one from the weekly nightfall... why.

If you're not 29, use those to get you there and then try out hard raid.

R0ckman

Ok, guess that makes sense then when comparing it to a game like CoD and how their lobby system works. Sometimes I wonder why some teams stay around as long as they do when losing, maybe they don't know they will just keep being paired with the same people. I guess since it doesn't show the players in the lobby screen like CoD does it's harder to notice.

Doesn't always work, one time (actually last night) my friend and I were on a fire team and we were with a sucky team. He wanted me to take us out of the lobby. We go out and go back in, I hear him screaming and cussing as we enter back into a lobby. We ended up in the exact same lobby.

I finally got my gear to 30 last night and now the IB feels a little different, still near instant deaths but something about it all feels better, might just be placebo.

Pretty sure I have not seen anyone below level 26 in the IB yet.

My Hard Light is only at 267 dmg or something like that, I do wonder how different it will be at 300.
I've seen a 19
Guess what team he was on

GlamFM

Banned

I feel your pain...

VUElKnh.png

wt9XSzZ.png

It would be nice is beating the raid gave a coin you could use towards raid gear in a shop, so 5 coins could buy a segment of armor for those with super low RNG luck.

That´s actually a REALLY GOOD IDEA!

Also want to say that the Supremacy sniper from the queens bounty is still the best sniper rifle, shooting through walls to kill people capping flag points will never get old.

If you're not 29, use those to get you there and then try out hard raid.

I've done the hard raid a couple times too, and nothing. I think I'll just have to grind out Iron Banner rep for 20 hours this weekend if I'm going to have any hope of getting to 30 before the first DLC hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom