• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night we finished the Nightfall and I started chanting "HawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoon"

AND IT F----ING DROPPED!

for my fireteam buddy

Ugh, brutal.

At least you got that close though. I had my fingers crossed for it last night and ended up with strange coins. Yay.

zewone

you got the IB machine gun to drop as a reward in this Iron Banner? They had it for sale last time. Hm, I wonder if there is more stuff than Timurs Lash

oops, double post. just assumed the thread was moving fast enough

I saw the machine gun and the ship drop during this IB.

I imagine all of the weapons are obtainable, but the chest and head gear (with light 30) can't be obtained until next time.

spyder_ur

correct, and if this weren't the case I'd have already dropped the game. My history with RNG-based itemization is not pleasant, and for all the shit its progression system gets daily, Destiny is substantially more generous and pragmatic than a lot of games I've played when it comes to "getting your characters endgame-ready".

I've gotten myself to a position where I have two characters that I can do daily stuff with and run nightfalls and Raids with friendly folks from here with (great to meet a bunch of you), so that's 4 events a week. I can buy whatever Xur has, which is fun. I have a healthy set of Exotics and Legendaries to mix and match with (still need IceBreaker).

Basically I'm happy with that and have had more fun once I detached myself from the grind a bit. Others may feel differently and want to get to 30 and that's more than fine.

I'd still love to join you for a "newbie" raid though, Hawkian. Still don't fee comfortable with the relic.

Full Auto is broken on other guns like VoC and Found Verdict. It's best just to pull the trigger as fast as you can.

I played a handful of games of IB last night and my VoC fired full auto just fine.

Enjoying the event so far. I went in with my lvl 28 hunter alt and did about as good or better than I normally do and my friends and I won all of our matches.

I'll still probably play on my main (titan) too at an attempt for the gear but he's 30 already. I want the hunter gear to get her to 30, the titan gear would just be a completionist thing. I already have all the raid armor + exotic armor pieces maxed out with him.

Anyone know if my not fully upgraded hawkmoon will put me at a huge disadvantage? It's only one upgrade shy of being maxed.

R0ckman

I saw the machine gun and the ship drop during this IB.

I imagine all of the weapons are obtainable, but the chest and head gear (with light 30) can't be obtained until next time.

I got the ship for turning in some bounties (I think) I know I got a ship a blue print and a new ship from a way I normal don't get them, pretty sure it was from IB.

Edit: Oh, I think I got it as a rank up reward for something.

Anyone get the glitch in VoG where during the templar fight you aren't in a bubble but you are detained in slow mo until you die? It was happening to anyone not in direct sight of the Templar when his shields were knocked down.

During the same run we also had nobody get teleported during Atheon and we were all outside(with the relic still). Times Vengeance green fog still visible but not active. When I popped into one of the portals to see what was going on, all the oracles were active and I died instantly. It was kind of a mess lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Also grenades aren't being thrown further. I think both perks broke. I've been very frustrated about it, but it seems most people aren't noticing or caring.
Is it possible all armor perks that affect stuff like this broke?

I have to compare the others I can test (I have a hand cannon reload speed at least) .

Damn. I guess after some more testing I'll make a reddit post. These are crucial to my builds :(
I've gotten myself to a position where I have two characters that I can do daily stuff with and run nightfalls and Raids with friendly folks from here with (great to meet a bunch of you), so that's 4 events a week. I can buy whatever Xur has, which is fun. I have a healthy set of Exotics and Legendaries to mix and match with (still need IceBreaker).

Basically I'm happy with that and have had more fun once I detached myself from the grind a bit. Others may feel differently and want to get to 30 and that's more than fine.
Yup that's how I feel. I do feel the pressure to hit 30 soon, but it's almost entirely for the sake of other people, those who have "carried" me through the Hard raid.
I'd still love to join you for a "newbie" raid though, Hawkian. Still don't fee comfortable with the relic.
You're in if you can make it this thursday! My Weekly Activities post is coming as soon as I get back from lunch.

LordofPwn

Couple ideas, some probably making most sense to implement in the next expansion.

1. Incentives to replay the raid. Helping friends is alright, and the raid can be fun in itself (if people don't cheese....) But you shouldn't come away from it without anything. Either have some kind of a "Raid vendor" with Raid Bounties and such. Could be a way of obtaining certain raid gear that won't require you to test your RNG luck every week.

or

Diminish the returns on the raid. First raid of the week gives you classic raid stuff. Second run will give you chances at legendaries. And every run after that just gives you payouts similar to the vanguard strike playlists.

2. Different ways of getting world materials. Farming is by far the worst aspect of this game. Patrol missions should drop mats. Enemies should drop mats. Public Events should drop mats.

3. Stop oversaturing the game with whatever welfare exotics Xur is selling that week. Ways to fix?

I think for next expansion, most of the new exotics should be tied to bounties. The Thorn bounty was awesome because it gave you a cool variation on a strike and gave you a good story on how you got Thorn. More stuff like this.

Perhaps Xur can sell different exotic bounties every week (you can only choose one). Tie it to the lore by having the bounties be missions that benefit The Nine.

ORRRRRRR

Xur will sell engrams instead of set exotics. This way everyone gets an exotic, but it won't be the same for everyone.
1a. First time through - weapons and gear. 2nd and on materials, like 1-2 per loot checkpoint.

1b. raid bounties to earn additional raid gear, reforge raid gear? or upon rank up get a package that can give raid gear or raid marks/coins to buy raid items?

2. Patrol VIP missions used to give mats (beta), i'd like this to return.

3. I like the idea of selling engrams instead of actual exotics. could rais e the cost for them too. Would also love more exotic bounties, even for armor. I want to tell a story about how i got what i got instead of. yeah so i did ok in Iron banner and got this 2nd Suros...

realcZk

Anyone get the glitch in VoG where during the templar fight you aren't in a bubble but you are detained in slow mo until you die? It was happening to anyone not in direct sight of the Templar when his shields were knocked down.

During the same run we also had nobody get teleported during Atheon and we were all outside(with the relic still). Times Vengeance green fog still visible but not active. When I popped into one of the portals to see what was going on, all the oracles were active and I died instantly. It was kind of a mess lol.

We've had that before but could still shoot the Templar, and he couldn't damage us.

Rubenov

Guys, if Xur were to sell Exotic weapon engrams then people with a bunch of coins/motes would get 4 - 5 exotics in one go (granted some may be repeats but still). Would break the game.

Guys, if Xur were to sell Exotic weapon engrams then people with a bunch of coins/motes would get 4 - 5 exotics in one go (granted some may be repeats but still). Would break the game.

How would that break the game? They earned the coins and motes. I don't see how that's worse than people randomly getting stuff for the same accomplishments and effort others put into it.

Rubenov

How would that break the game? They earned the coins and motes. I don't see how that's worse than people randomly getting stuff for the same accomplishments and effort others put into it.

Because in 2 - 3 weeks of farming coins and motes and buying these engrams you can have a shit ton of exotics. What's the point of raiding and doing nightfalls if you only need the weeklies to get coins and buy engrams? Pls.

Edit: As is, people complain about Xur selling 1 exotic per week.

Fatebringer, never used and thus zero upgrades: still effective on Nightfall? Haven't used a vanilla gun in a while.

Fatebringer, even with just the first perk unlocked (Firefly) is God-tier in the nightfall. The new Firefly explosions are powerful and are Arc as well. I only have one damage upgrade and I oneshot gregs in the body. The firefly blast will also oneshot gregs.

It's a joy. It's my consolation for not having Hawkmoon.

Shito

Because in 2 - 3 weeks of farming coins and motes and buying these engrams you can have a shit ton of exotics. What's the point of raiding and doing nightfalls if you only need the weeklies to get coins and buy engrams? Pls.
To be fair, even with the exotic armor engrams, there are still a lot of people without the piece of armor they want. Myself included. ^^

That being said, I'm not for having exotic weapon engrams at Xûr's.

Lima

So I've heard that a maxed Atheon's Epilogue is actually useful in Iron Banner this time around? Can anybody confirm this?

It's actually not bad in regular PvP either. I used it for the Thorn bounty and really enjoyed it. If you can aim the bullets just keep flying in the enemies face and there is nothing he can do about it.

Rubenov

To be fair, even with the exotic armor engrams, there are still a lot of people without the piece of armor they want. Myself included. ^^

That being said, I'm not for having exotic weapon engrams at Xûr's.

Yeah, that was referring to exotic weapon engrams, not armor.

I don't get that stuff from raids and nightfalls anyway, so I'm already struggling to see the point of them. At least in this instance you could actually ensure some kind of tangible reward for the hours put in. You're still having to gain and trade away that currency while still having the possibility of getting free stuff dropped. The only difference I see is that some people might get the weapons they're looking for a bit faster. The horror!

Qwell

The Nightfalls were not kind to me this week. 3x runs and I got about 15 strange coins, and a legendary sniper which I have no use for. At least my heads are on fire now, I suppose that is all that really matters.

My HM Raids I'm conflicted on, 2x runs for the week so far, and mostly a bunch of shards and energies, no Fatebringer still :( But .... after more runs than I can count... my hunter who has ran the raid more than my other 2 characters (who are both lvl 30) ... my hunter finally got his first piece of raid gear.

I think with the recent flood of games I may start pulling back from Destiny just a tad, still going to run the nightfalls / weekly / HM raids. But I think I'm done with crucible / mat farming until they release the alternate mat method. Unless I get Fatebringer, that will be getting maxed asap after getting.

Still have CoD: AW sitting on my virtual shelf, along with GTA V, FarCry 4, and if I ever decide to turn on my Xbox One ... Sunset Overdrive and Halo MCC.

I didn't know you had to turn in IB bounties on the same day because if you wait till the next day to turn in, those bounties will be counted for today.

Wow.

Trakan

I must have gone like 20 Cryptarch upgrades without a purple engram as a reward. Not even four blues, just two each time.

What's the point of this guy again?

Hard Raiders assembled!

Just a reminder for our group running the Hard Mode Raid tonight at 7:00pm EST.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

1. Cosmos_Man (me)
2. westtrade
3. Hyunsai
4. greenyMac
5. Mindlog
6. milkham

I sent a PSN message to everyone as well. If there are no shows I will be posting later tonight for subs.

spyder_ur

I don't get that stuff from raids and nightfalls anyway, so I'm already struggling to see the point of them. At least in this instance you could actually ensure some kind of tangible reward for the hours put in. You're still having to gain and trade away that currency while still having the possibility of getting free stuff dropped. The only difference I see is that some people might get the weapons they're looking for a bit faster. The horror!

Yeah, alot of this seems to be based on the idea of making sure not everyone gets the good stuff or at least not too much of it. I don't totally understand the sentiment; I get that there needs to be some balance, but I would definitely lean towards wanting everyone who plays the game to get the gear that I've enjoyed personally. It's not zero-sum.

Zocano

I didn't know you had to turn in IB bounties on the same day because if you wait till the next day to turn in, those bounties will be counted for today.

Wow.

Bounties have always worked like this but since there weren't a lot of duplicates it's hard to notice. Sorry you got screwed, though. /:

Greenymac

Hard Raiders assembled!

Just a reminder for our group running the Hard Mode Raid tonight at 7:00pm EST.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

1. Cosmos_Man (me)
2. westtrade
3. Hyunsai
4. greenyMac
5. Mindlog
6. milkham

I sent a PSN message to everyone as well. If there are no shows I will be posting later tonight for subs.

Im still in brother! Finished with my 29 last night, so this team gets my 30 sunbro. See you then!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't know why people were bitching about soloing nightfalls. I ran through some yesterday without incident, seemed the same to me. Could be because I have pretty good arc weapons, so everything still died pretty fast.

coy

Ran NF1 with Gaffers last night:

RL arc (me)
P&T
Plan C

Not that we had terrible difficulty with the NF, but dropping all arc weapons was a funny sight.

Ran NF2 with a buddy replacing one:

Helm of Saint-14 (!!!!!!!)
Armamentarium x2

I got the helm I've gambling for on my alt! Oh, the two chests had a DIS difference of >30 which is still a kick in the crotch to see.

After seeing 5/6 exotics drop in 2 runs, I couldn't wait to run it the third time with my regular crew. I got Energy and they got dupes. -_-'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom