• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

I don't know why people were bitching about soloing nightfalls. I ran through some yesterday without incident, seemed the same to me. Could be because I have pretty good arc weapons, so everything still died pretty fast.

People in this thread have always equated anything amiss to it being "patched".

The sky is falling.

Dave_6

I want Fatebringer sooooo badly, but it seems to be not my fate to have one.

I had no interest in it until I saw first hand what it was doing in the Nightfall last night. Two bad my two alts are only level 2 and 7 so I can only run it once per week right now (though I know it is a Raid drop).

I must have gone like 20 Cryptarch upgrades without a purple engram as a reward. Not even four blues, just two each time.

What's the point of this guy again?
My last two dead orbit packages have given me the fucking warlock faction Bond. You know, the exact one I have EQUIPPED to gain reputation.

It's BS! Just put the shaders on the vendors as a rank 5 unlock for 100 marks. Stop the RNG madness!

Jito

Banned
Levels mean so little in PVP, played with level 30s in Iron Banner who ended games on 3 kills. Really need a proper ranking system in PVP for the future.

Ourobolus

Banned
I didn't notice a difference either.

The only problem I had with the Nightfall was on the 3rd wave of enemies, some Thralls would get stuck in the room on the right (if you're standing in the green area facing towards the middle) where they spawn and wouldn't come out until you came close. I got Lightswitched like 3 times trying to coerce them to come out.

Mindlog

Imposter was trying to ruin my stats.
Joined game in progress and put a stop to that.
mGZ0fnf.jpg
Fortune favors the just!
Hard Raiders assembled!

I sent a PSN message to everyone as well. If there are no shows I will be posting later tonight for subs.
Ready.

Seeing as I got the GJALLARHORN last night in the raid, expect to see Xûr selling it on Friday.
It's just how it works.
You can thank me then.

Maddox

6v6 is such a shit fest, why would any think it a good idea to have that many players on maps sizes so small?

I really like the multi, but i don't think that's how its meant to be played.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
6v6 is such a shit fest, why would any think it a good idea to have that many players on maps sizes so small?

The problem is the map size/design more than the number of players. Honestly I hate playing PvP in any game with less than 24. Then again, my last two heavy PvP FPSs were planetside and BF.

The only problem I had with the Nightfall was on the 3rd wave of enemies, some Thralls would get stuck in the room on the right (if you're standing in the green area facing towards the middle) where they spawn and wouldn't come out until you came close. I got Lightswitched like 3 times trying to coerce them to come out.

Haha yeah I was glad I could use arc bolt for some of those enemies. The only reason this week's nightfall feels 10 times harder than last week's is because most of the enemy weapons are arc burn too.

Ourobolus

Banned

On the other side of the coin, I HATE 6v6 on First Light/Bastion. Too damn big.

Haha yeah I was glad I could use arc bolt for some of those enemies. The only reason this week's nightfall feels 10 times harder than last week's is because most of the enemy weapons are arc burn too.

I was using Arcbolt -.-
Problem was they were behind the "fog" in the door so it wasn't hitting them.

Maddox

The problem is the map size/design more than the number of players. Honestly I hate playing PvP in any game with less than 24. Then again, my last two heavy PvP FPSs were planetside and BF.

Ye i know, i normally just stick to 3v3. Due to the speed of the players you can get from one side to the other in matter of moments, after you've killed one dude their is no time to recharge before you see the next. I'm talking about the Iron Banner here.

Deku Tree

I had to buy some legendary armor and destroy it for shards on two characters because I was at the marks cap. I got no need for any weapons for sale in the tower.

Last night we finished the Nightfall and I started chanting "HawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoonHawkmoon"

AND IT F----ING DROPPED!

for my fireteam buddy

If it's any consolation, the EXACT same thing happened to me for Gjallarhorn. "Come onnnnnnnn Ghallarhorn" I said. "Yeah man, tell me about it" the other guy said. Then that sweet yellow word flashed up ont he screen amid a torrent of Vanguard and legendary text. I saw it wasn't for me...

I'm kinda obsessed with that exotic. It's my primary concern in the game right now. :S

Just hit rank three with Iron Banner. Got the handcannon and the ship in back to back games which was awesome. I love the ship!

Are you noticing any graphical glitches with the ship's middle/fuselage section? I earned mine in the previous Iron Banner, and after the update I noticed part of the middle is missing/invisible in a glitched looking manner.

Jito

Banned
SUROS Regime PVP is getting pretty tiring, is this what Bungie intended with their weapon progression? Eventually everyone will be just using one or two guns.

All these exotic fusion rifles and shotguns are one hit kill as well, sighhhhhhh. It'd be fun if it weren't for all the OP weapons.

Trakan

My last two dead orbit packages have given me the fucking warlock faction Bond. You know, the exact one I have EQUIPPED to gain reputation.

It's BS! Just put the shaders on the vendors as a rank 5 unlock for 100 marks. Stop the RNG madness!

I've ranked up Dead Orbit 17 times (this doesn't include the first two ranks where there's no reward) across 3 characters and I haven't gotten a shader once. I'm ready to say fuck it and just be content with Thunderdevil.

TLW sucks. I'm really disappointed that it jams quite frequently. It's not reliable in Crucible at all imo.

Don't confuse it sucking with you not being skilled with it.

Tip: Stop holding down the trigger. Seriously. It's cool because you feel like a cowboy, but the gun shines with controlled, precise shots.

Last few days my KD hasn't dropped below 3 (with 3 being on the low end, often).

Slow your shots down and upgrade the gun. It is unstoppable.

bigf00t

I need some help deciding what handcannon I should level first. I have Hawkmoon, Thorn and The Last Word. All are fresh and unleveled. I already have a maxed DYK handcannon that I use in PVE, but I want a good handcannon for PVP, that would also work well in PVE if I needed it to.

I'm leaning towards Hawkmoon because it looks great and is a bit rarer than TLW, and I like its stats better, but I know a lot of people like TLW. Thorn is a bit of an unknown, and I'll probably wait to see how the buff affects it.

Any thoughts DestinyGAF?

flkraven

I'm level 24 and I just now found clarification about what a weekly strike is. Thought the strike playlist had something to do with them, but I found out there is something on the galaxy map on the left side? I'm so fucking confused...

EL CUCO

I've ranked up Dead Orbit 17 times across 3 characters and I haven't gotten a shader once. I'm ready to say fuck it and just be content with Thunderdevil.

Ranked up Dead Orbit yesterday and guess what I got...ANOTHER DEAD ORBIT BOND. I couldn't believe it. It wasn't even much different from the one I was already using.

Zakalwe

Banned
TLW sucks. I'm really disappointed that it jams quite frequently. It's not reliable in Crucible at all imo.

It's never jammed for me once in hours and hours if playing. Neither has the VoC.

I use the shoulder buttons instead of the triggers though, maybe that has something to do with it.

So, what are the best perks for fusion rifles? Don't know if I should reforge Perun's Fire before I upgrade it.

Seems pretty good already though. :D

Jinjo

I am wondering if anyone know how much rep is needed for IB rep 4 to 5, how do I reforge weapons and how are the IB weapons? I kinda want that SR.

Reforging is done at Saladin. Just make sure to have the IB weapon equipped. Costs two motes.

Also I think the same as rank 3 to 4, so 2400 rep.

k1t4j

Hey guys,

I know you all doing IB at the moment, but if anyone is doing Normal raid in the next 2h please let me know.

I have a 29 hunter with maxed weapons that needs it!. Thanks!!

Deku Tree

I really hope the new material exchange uses marks. Right now, there isn't much use for them.

Yeah me too. I am holding off on leveling up many things because I have no interest in running around in circles to farm planetary materials anymore.

All my gear is perfect for doing all the high level content except that my Titan has zero raid armor and can only do the normal raid.

EL CUCO

I am wondering if anyone know how much rep is needed for IB rep 4 to 5, how do I reforge weapons and how are the IB weapons? I kinda want that SR.

2400 exp to rank up each time after 2.
To Reforge weapons, you just see Lord Saladin with said weapon equipped. There'll be an icon for it at his menu.

I've ranked up Dead Orbit 17 times across 3 characters and I haven't gotten a shader once. I'm ready to say fuck it and just be content with Thunderdevil.

Lol Yeah this is some bullshit... Hit 22 with them tonight on my hunter main and got Warlock gauntlets for the trouble... Got a Warlock helm for 21 yesterday.

Feels like I'll get Hawkmoon before I ever get a shader from faction packages.

Reforging is done at Saladin. Just make sure to have the IB weapon equipped. Costs two motes.

Also I think the same as rank 3 to 4, so 2400 rep.
It's only IB weapons? Didn't know that. Thanks.
5 is 2400. 4 may have been the same, but it felt like it was taking me longer even with handing in bounties.
Yeah I hit rank 3 eariler today, I did play IB almost the whole time yesterday. The grind is not that bad as long as you keep winning. Thanks just wondering if I should make an effort to hit rank 5 within the next 2 days or not.

zewone

So I'm trying to find out the answer, but since I don't have the gun yet:

Does Fatebringer do more damage than Hawkmoon in PVE content?

Not talking about Arc shields either, just referring to the regular damage to an enemy.

If so, I want to know what makes Hawkmoon more appealing besides aesthetics/sound?

Sullichin

2400 rep from 4 to 5.

I did all of the bounties with the exception of the 10 kill streak, plus a few other loose wins, and I'm about 10 wins away from 4->5. 73 standing for a win with the tempered buff.

So I'm trying to find out the answer, but since I don't have the gun yet:

Does Fatebringer do more damage than Hawkmoon in PVE content?

Not talking about Arc shields either, just referring to the regular damage to an enemy.

If so, I want to know what makes Hawkmoon more appealing besides aesthetics/sound?

Hawkmoon:
Body shot 301
Crit 901

Fatebringer:
Body shot 273
Crit 819

Both fully upgraded. Fatebringer is without explosive rounds.

I just happened to be on patrol :lol

Edit: That was just against vandals, but Hawkmoon obviously hits harder.

2400 rep from 4 to 5.

I did all of the bounties with the exception of the 10 kill streak, plus a few other loose wins, and I'm about 10 wins away from 4->5. 73 standing for a win with the tempered buff.

Do any Iron Banner bounties reset? I cleared them all, the 10k xp, 10 kill streak, and 10 Heavy head shots twice, but there's noting else. I need the extra rep! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom