• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

What's with the Suros hate? They're not even that big of a problem. Unless you only hate the sound....

It's one of the top two assault rifles, and was basically handed out for free twice. Easy to use, too.

With everyone using them, it gets annoying fast.

kidko

Was tearing up the crucible with pocket infinity, but Iron Banner is probably punishing me for not having that last upgrade node filled yet. It seemed like I needed 3 solid hits to take down a fully shielded 29 (I'm 29) which is is tough to adjust to.

phen0m24

I'd like to know what these ridiculously stable sniper rifles are, though. If I don't headshot (or if my bullet gets eaten by a lagshield) I'm usually dead since everyone else can apparently just hurrdurr two bodyshots.

1) Patience and Time MAX stability with CQB ballistics (6 round magazine with Field Scout - exotic drop)
2) Praedyth's Revenge nearly max stability (6 round magazine with Field Scout - raid drop)

With stability they both destroy with almost NO target drift.

Ice Breaker?
forget about it
That thing is all over the map.
(or so I hear, I still don't have one)

What are the odds that Xur will have "No Backup Plan" this week? I need gauntlets to hit 30.

Sad thing is I had them but accidently deleted them with one of my characters :-/

matmanx1

I got a legendary engram from the Nightfall last night and it decrypted into a Universal Remote. Does anyone actually use one of these? Is it worth leveling up? I love the way it looks, more like a beefy elephant gun than an actual shotgun.

Hung Wei Lo

Ran NF1 with Gaffers last night:

RL arc (me)
P&T
Plan C

Not that we had terrible difficulty with the NF, but dropping all arc weapons was a funny sight.

Ran NF2 with a buddy replacing one:

Helm of Saint-14 (!!!!!!!)
Armamentarium x2

I got the helm I've gambling for on my alt! Oh, the two chests had a DIS difference of >30 which is still a kick in the crotch to see.

After seeing 5/6 exotics drop in 2 runs, I couldn't wait to run it the third time with my regular crew. I got Energy and they got dupes. -_-'

Thanks again for the run. Thankfully the Armamentarium was a dupe - but the shards will be put to good use. The Plan C is fun to use, so I can't wait to level it up. maybe you're my good luck charm, since I usually get useless purples or energy/shards too. I also tried my luck for the 3rd time, switching in my baby alt as Sepiks was aboot to die (thanks again ashley_us & dawnoflife) but no dice...oh well.

I'll see how the raid goes this week, and if it's more energy/shards, I may slow this down and pick up DA...you hear me Bungie? YOU HEAR?

Hawkmoon:
Body shot 301
Crit 901

Fatebringer:
Body shot 273
Crit 819

Both fully upgraded. Fatebringer is without explosive rounds.

I just happened to be on patrol :lol

Edit: That was just against vandals, but Hawkmoon obviously hits harder.

Hawkmoon hits significantly harder in pvp too. Everytime I engage in a fatebringer hawkmoon duel I wish I was using the hawkmoon instead of the fatebringer ;(

X-Frame

Has anyone done a DPS comparison between the Vision of Confluence in Full Auto vs. SUROS Regime?

Playing with both last night, I felt like the VoC was more powerful, especially at longer ranges (obviously). But they seem to have similar Rates of Fire as well. Or am I way off?

matmanx1

1) Patience and Time MAX stability with CQB ballistics (6 round magazine with Field Scout - exotic drop)
2) Praedyth's Revenge nearly max stability (6 round magazine with Field Scout - raid drop)

With stability they both destroy with almost NO target drift.

Ice Breaker?
forget about it
That thing is all over the map.
(or so I hear, I still don't have one)

I have a Prudence II (New Monarchy dropped sniper) that has nearly maxed Stability due to one of it's perks. It also has the perk where the last round in the magazine does bonus damage and an extremely quick reload speed. For a dropped sniper rifle it is quite good.

EL CUCO

I wish we had a custom Crucible playlists, private matches or at least a HC only mode. That'd be a blast.

Could we get 6 people and form up a GAF HC only rumble match?

Hoodbury

Dang straight!! Oooh will have to try that. Had equipped the bottom sight setting. I take it we'll be seeing them tonight..

AE+PR+G'HORN=Let's Do This :)

Don't tell anyone but none of my sniper rifles are upgraded in damage very far so I usually just stick with my void fusion rifle to use on the praetorians and minotaurs.

LordofPwn

Has anyone done a DPS comparison between the Vision of Confluence in Full Auto vs. SUROS Regime?

Playing with both last night, I felt like the VoC was more powerful, especially at longer ranges (obviously). But they seem to have similar Rates of Fire as well. Or am I way off?

Pretty sure suros fires faster, and with the heavy hitting rounds it destroys VoC from a medium distance if they Han Solo it.

phen0m24

I have a Prudence II (New Monarchy dropped sniper) that has nearly maxed Stability due to one of it's perks. It also has the perk where the last round in the magazine does bonus damage and an extremely quick reload speed. For a dropped sniper rifle it is quite good.

That's awesome as well. Mine is only about 75% stability. :/

jett

D-Member
It's quite depressing to realize I've been bamboozled by Iron Banner. I thought the gear in there would let me go for level 28 to level 30. :| This has been a waste of time.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

Vision Of Confluence was shown to do more damage with ADS body (or non- critical shots) and significantly more damage during ADS critical or precision shots than Suros Regime. I think Suros was much closer with non- precision damage when firing from the hip (As DPS is higher by a small margin), but VoC still won. A lot of this is due to the recent Scout Rifle Buff (+% 6 overall damage) and Assault Rifle nerf (-% 2 overall damage and precision damage reduced from x1.50 to x1.25).

There was a Reddit link in one of the old topics with a guy who really broke down weapon damage and did comparisons that seemed pretty legit, so That's where I'm getting my info. It also feels true in my experience.

phen0m24

It's quite depressing to realize I've been bamboozled by Iron Banner. I thought the gear in there would let me go for level 28 to level 30. :| This has been a waste of time.

You still have to level the gear
you know, farm for shards
to hit 30 Light

It can get you part of the way there. I'm going to try to take advantage of what I can get. I currently have an exotic chestpiece and no raid gear and am at level 29. With the gauntlets and boots from the IB, I should be able to get very close, and I'll just need to find a raid helm.

EL CUCO

It does, if the pieces you needed were boots and gauntlets

Edit: beaten as usual

Hoodbury

I'm still not quite following your situation, but isn't the most efficient way to get to 30 to get an exotic helm and then either legendary raid or IB gear for the other parts? To me, if I were you I would still try to get the arms and legs from IB, buy an exotic helm from Xur and hope to get a chest from the normal raid.

Maybe I'm not understanding your issue though.

I've got 2450 and i believe max is around 2600-2700 iirc

I'm at 2495 and I can see about 100 points that I'm missing. That hardest thing to account for is unfinished content dead ghosts. They do add to your score.

If is say the actual max is 2700 if you count all the bugged cards that aren't being handed out.

Deku Tree

I'm at 2495 and I can see about 100 points that I'm missing. That hardest thing to account for is unfinished content dead ghosts. They do add to your score.

If is say the actual max is 2700 if you count all the bugged cards that aren't being handed out.

Is there a good guide that tells you how to get all the cards?

X-Frame

Vision Of Confluence was shown to do more damage with ADS body (or non- critical shots) and significantly more damage during ADS critical or precision shots than Suros Regime. I think Suros was much closer with non- precision damage when firing from the hip (As DPS is higher by a small margin), but VoC still won. A lot of this is due to the recent Scout Rifle Buff (+% 6 overall damage) and Assault Rifle nerf (-% 2 overall damage and precision damage reduced from x1.50 to x1.25).

There was a Reddit link in one of the old topics with a guy who really broke down weapon damage and did comparisons that seemed pretty legit, so That's where I'm getting my info. It also feels true in my experience.

This would mirror my anecdotal impressions, thanks! If you could find the link, I would love to check it out.

Is there a good guide that tells you how to get all the cards?

Yes. I'll post it later when I get away from my phone.

Also. Just double checked I'm missing 190 points from the grimoire. I have 30 points worth of unfinished cards so 2660 is the legit max. Max obtainable is probably is probably 2720.

jett

D-Member
I'm still not quite following your situation, but isn't the most efficient way to get to 30 to get an exotic helm and then either legendary raid or IB gear for the other parts? To me, if I were you I would still try to get the arms and legs from IB, buy an exotic helm from Xur and hope to get a chest from the normal raid.

Maybe I'm not understanding your issue though.

My issue is I didn't know you needed ALL your gear to go up to 30 light to reach level 30. I guess it makes sense now that I've typed that sentence. :p

I don't really Raid, only done it once, don't really care much for it. I thought the Iron Banner gear would be enough to get me from level 28 to level 30. Now I'm in the hands of a random Raid and RNGeesus to reach level 30. Sucks.

My issue is I didn't know you needed ALL your gear to go up to 30 light to reach level 30. I guess it makes sense now that I've typed that sentence. :p

I don't really Raid, only done it once, don't really care much for it. I thought the Iron Banner gear would be enough to get me from level 28 to level 30. Now I'm in the hands of a random Raid and RNGeesus to reach level 30. Sucks.

You can get to 29 though, You don't need the blessing of RNGesus to do that... Honestly 30 is a stupid goal because you don't get any real benefits from it other then being a pimp.

Wait, if your goal is to be a pimp then ignore what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom