• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

Hard Raid Gatekeepers + Atheon, Twice

Running it on my 29 Hunter and 30 Titan:
@9PM EST

1. GraveRobberX

Please no level 28

I can bring the L29 titan. has maxed weapons (pri/heavy). I have that ice sniper but not yet maxed. I've done multiple normal clears. On hard mode I am usually the last dude standing. Can only recall one Atheon HM clear but that was before random teleport and new glitches

Edit: I am terrible at posting sometimes

I can help with any flawless attempts if people are trying to do them now.
Thanks a lot DrDrizzay.

I'm not going to touch that mars strike for a month now.

FUCK YEAH HAWKMOON!

I was hoping that was your first HM when I saw it pop up, congrats!

phen0m24

Was out grabbing dinner and I saw a Gamestop. Made a tactical decision, and bought the Destiny Expansion Pass for $35. Note that at least in Florida apparently, no tax on PS4 codes but yes tax on Xbox One codes o_O

If you've been listening to me rant and rave about this game from the beginning you'll know I originally wasn't planning to buy the DLC right away if at all, since $20 is *quite* steep for mere content/items. I'm not big on paid DLC as a life-extender in the first place honestly. I figured I'd wait for some kind of sale or price drop. Really what convinced me was having a static raid group with 5 others who all said they'd be buying it so that we could stick together and keep the group going with the new raid. I can't wait for that.

But I went ahead and thought about it and broke it down and I'm pretty comfortable with $35 for the two releases. This is where I'm putting the value:

Had already pre-ordered it, mi amigo. I'm hoping to hit the next raid from the ground floor with you guys. Can't wait.

Still need to level the Horn...

And Patience and Time...

And want to do that Pocket Infinity bounty...

And still need an Ice Breaker

patchday

I hear you, but I also honestly don't really have time to raid more than 3 times a week, hehe.

Well since it only takes 1 hour for a normal clear- I find I have time for 3 clears on Normal and time for 1 HM raid attempt.

I'm going to "wait and see" what you guys think about the DLC. The old Halo-Bungie made all the DLCs well worth the money.

I do admit however that DLC does have a lot of content now to think of it. I mean, the Halo DLCs I remember probably only included maps. However, for free, they kept adding lots of new game types (I think).

I suspect the new raid will make it worth the money like you were getting at though.

SharkJAW

Hard Raid Gatekeepers + Atheon, Twice

Running it on my 29 Hunter and 30 Titan:
@9PM EST

1. GraveRobberX

Please no level 28
I have you added already, if you still have space. Have to finish it up on my level 29 Warlock. Nearly fully upgraded IB, maxed everything else.

MildSoss

What are the odds that they remove the lock out on the raid a week before the DLC comes out? Would give any person not level 30 yet a chance to catch up before Crota hits.

Dante316

Hot damm, the last word once upgraded is a beast, kills feel epic, then switching to hawkmoon to kill further enemies is ohh soo satisfying and everyone knows the sound of it ringing through the field. Then switching up to thorn to have fun with few rounds lol. Damm loving these handcannons. Im just having trouble finding the right secondar though.

What are the odds that they remove the lock out on the raid a week before the DLC comes out? Would give any person not level 30 yet a chance to catch up before Crota hits.

Not a chance, Bungie has shown to be extremely rigid on any type of fast leveling. The system is set. That being said, some type of "double XP" weekend event could be fun. Maybe bounties give double rep for a day or something.

DNAbro

Had my two best crucible games back to back. Got 35 kills/7000+ points and won the game for my team in the last 10 seconds in my second game.

ATHEON HARD. PS4.

TONIGHT AT 8PM PACIFIC.

Looking for 4 more to pound Atheon into dust. Lvl 30s or 29s with maxed weapons preferred. Message me on PSN: MrChowderClam

patchday

Iron Banner is supposed to bring us to Light 30 for sure but who knows when it will go live. I joked awhile back it would probably be a week before DLC. Going to be pissed if I was right. I hope not though

I hear you, but I also honestly don't really have time to raid more than 3 times a week, hehe.

Hawk, I've got a handcannon question for you. I got a Venation III as a dead orbit rank up. It's got nearly identical stats to my vender TDYK, but an 8 round mag. With it's perks, I can go with send it, keeping it identical to the TDYK except a slightly slower reload, or I can go with perfect balance, which makes it almost twice as stable as TDYK, but not nearly as good range. Also has a perk where aiming increases its effective range. Is this weapon worth leveling up? I haven't heard any talk about it, but I kind of like it. I've been leveling it up since I haven't had any legendary primary to throw my XP into. Is range or stability more important for handcannons?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawk, I've got a handcannon question for you. I got a Venation III as a dead orbit rank up. It's got nearly identical stats to my vender TDYK, but an 8 round mag. With it's perks, I can go with send it, keeping it identical to the TDYK except a slightly slower reload, or I can go with perfect balance, which makes it almost twice as stable as TDYK, but not nearly as good range. Also has a perk where aiming increases its effective range. Is this weapon worth leveling up? I haven't heard any talk about it, but I kind of like it. I've been leveling it up since I haven't had any legendary primary to throw my XP into. Is range or stability more important for handcannons?
I like it. it's got great action and looks cool. unlike thorn, and like other good low mag hand cannons, it's got a quick as hell reload. you can get some good results with it but the perks are important, what does yours have?

stb

Starting the daily 28 if anyone wants to join.

PS4 Berried_treasurE (can't find my mic today, though)

Edit: done

I like it. it's got great action and looks cool. unlike thorn, and like other good low mag hand cannons, it's got a quick as hell reload. you can get some good results with it but the perks are important, what does yours have?

Rangefinder and third eye (using knucklehead, but i'm sure i'll eventually have different builds). Can choose between send it or perfect balance. I thought the smaller mag would hurt, but it hasn't really bothered me much (I'm a habitual reloader). I really like the look and feel of it. Haven't used it in PvP, but I haven't used HCs in PvP.

NastyBook

ATHEON HARD. PS4.

TONIGHT AT 8PM PACIFIC.

Looking for 4 more to pound Atheon into dust. Lvl 30s or 29s with maxed weapons preferred. Message me on PSN: MrChowderClam
That a fresh Hard Raid? If so, I am in. 29 Defender Titan with maxed AE and IB.

PSN: GibbShift

EDIT: I can't read. Sorry. Clearly that's a checkpoint. I already beat him that way this week.

Anybody doing a fresh HM tonight?

We are attempting a Flawless Run right now. So far we have:

-Ashley_Us
-ComputerMkII
-Subtervotion
-ruthlesbarbarian

Please join us! We have tried Flawless a few times as a team and are aware of the glitches. Let's do it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So after all the quoting and making sure this time no mishap happens, this is the fireteam for 9PM EST for Gatekeepers + Atheon HM twice

1. GarveRobberX
2. Bloodsent
3. patchday
4. lunlunqq
5. Ditters1
6. Sharkjaw

Alt, 1st dibs: babyghost853

Please send a FR to me if I'm not your FL, PSN: GraveRobberX
Will send out invites + party chat @8:55PM and start no later than 9:05-9:10

Milennia

sec gonna buy weapon
damn im useless in these at lev 9 lol

gonna see if astro can carry us when he gets on so we can sweep the story fast

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Rangefinder and third eye (using knucklehead, but i'm sure i'll eventually have different builds). Can choose between send it or perfect balance. I thought the smaller mag would hurt, but it hasn't really bothered me much (I'm a habitual reloader). I really like the look and feel of it. Haven't used it in PvP, but I haven't used HCs in PvP.
so you're a hunter. you can reload all the time gun like that. nothing like hawkmoon. third eye is great BECAUSE you can use another exotic, could run third man bladedancer and annoy the shit out of everyone in pvp :eek:

if you can speed the reload up at all with, say, oh I don't know, chain of woe, then it's ridiculous. have to be accurate, but you can wreck with that gun.

Was out grabbing dinner and I saw a Gamestop. Made a tactical decision, and bought the Destiny Expansion Pass for $35. Note that at least in Florida apparently, no tax on PS4 codes but yes tax on Xbox One codes o_O

If you've been listening to me rant and rave about this game from the beginning you'll know I originally wasn't planning to buy the DLC right away if at all, since $20 is *quite* steep for mere content/items. I'm not big on paid DLC as a life-extender in the first place honestly. I figured I'd wait for some kind of sale or price drop. Really what convinced me was having a static raid group with 5 others who all said they'd be buying it so that we could stick together and keep the group going with the new raid. I can't wait for that.

But I went ahead and thought about it and broke it down and I'm pretty comfortable with $35 for the two releases. This is where I'm putting the value:

Raid: $7 - this is the big ticket item... pretty hyped for it, honestly. and I basically thought to myself, if they just released a new raid, what would I be willing to pay for it? $10 was too much, $5 I'd do in a heartbeat. So, $7 is my arbitrary price to pay for a new raid.
2 New Strikes: $2 - a buck each. Honestly this content isn't particularly difficult to put together and the one we know about is still a giant-regular-enemy-boss. Gotta say, if you're on Xbone missing a whole 100% in this category really rather sucks
3 New PvP maps: $4 - I went back and looked at what Halo 2 map packs cost... $12 for 5 maps, damn!
New gear and weapons (specifically exotics): $3 - I didn't expect to give much of a crap about the weapons in Destiny (I liked all the Halo 2 weapons, but they never really made me giddy except for the sword), but playing around with Thorn for a few matches last night, a gun I wouldn't even put in my top 4 or 5 in this game, I realized that Destiny contains several of my favorite FPS weapons of all time. Damn. And even the ones I don't like, I want in my collection. The poké-urge is real and severe. Give me moar.
Raised Light Cap: $0 - This does nothing for me and I wish they weren't doing it. Still, I understand a big part of the playerbase just demands vertical progression and I can tolerate a two-level increase per go.
New Story Missions/Bounties: $2 - Honestly, that $2 is assigned out of good faith. I have absolutely no expectation for any compelling narrative whatsoever and expect more confusion/barebones plot and characterization. I appreciate that they're making some effort and not just releasing the thing without any story components whatsoever- which they easily could have done- but I expect to be reading Grimoire cards again to get anything meaningful out of this.

So that's $18, and with the expansion pass "discount," each is $17.50 exactly. So I'm pretty much alright with the value proposition.

That said, within my total $35 purchase, I am counting on the new, third subclasses. I really enjoy all the classes in Destiny and this would seriously extend the game's longevity for me. If it doesn't come at least by House of Wolves I will be extremely disappointed.

It's decent to control, sure, just... just wait. Perfect Balance will turn your love affair into a wedding.

Congrats on your first clear! edit: Hezen Vengeance is probably the best Legendary rocket launcher in the game.

It wouldn't be acceptable under any circumstances :p Legendary Engrams should drop Legendary items, or be called something else.

Pretty good breakdown. I still think it's overpriced since those would be good ala cart prices, but since you're forced to buy as a bundle, there should be more of a discount. I'd buy the raid and exotics for $7 and leave it at that. The strikes and story that use on disc assets should be added for free just to keep the community healthy.

I hope sales are below expectations and they drop the price to grab the attention of people that start playing at Christmas.

As for a new subclass, I hope they prove me wrong, but I feel that is the type of thing they will hold of on releasing until a major expansion next fall. I can see a new subclass, planet area and vehicles showing up between now and Destiny 2.

Mupod

Could I get some help on the weekly heroic strike?

I'm so close to 25 but fully upgrading my blues got me like 1 point off. I'm pretty close to vanguard rank 2 though.

PSN: Mupodpsn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom