• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

Oh crap, I'm missing Red Death to, so that's 4 exotics.

Edit: hard Light as well, how the fuck am I missing these!? I must really want that Hawkmoon and Thunderlord so bad.

arLuSlV.jpg

Awe yiss, and that's 100% Raid armour to, 0 Iron Banner kit, because I'm only level 2 atm.

Only missing Hawkmoon, Vex Mythoclast and Thunderlord as far as exoctic weapons go. ^_^

FUCK. YOU!

AND FUCK RNGESUS he torments me when I think he can't torment me anymore.
NICE! My Titan and Warlock both need either the Raid Helmet or Chest pieces to be lvl 30. And alot of mat farming..

Guys I need help, serious help. I keep hhnnnngngnging for the hawkmoon everytime someone walks all over me in IB using it. It's not even fair, I've deduced it's pretty much a headshot + body shot to kill someone with it. You don't even need 2 headshots :( meanwhile my fatebringer requires 2 headshots and a bodyshot. It's kind of crazy. I'm super close to deleting my lowest rep character next week and leveling him up once a day to run the nightfall + raid in an effort to get it. I wish my second last word was a hawkmoon so badly. I have two lasts words too but it's just not my cup of tea.

Steroyd

Guys I need help, serious help. I keep hhnnnngngnging for the hawkmoon everytime someone walks all over me in IB using it. It's not even fair, I've deduced it's pretty much a headshot + body shot to kill someone with it. You don't even need 2 headshots :( meanwhile my fatebringer requires 2 headshots and a bodyshot. It's kind of crazy. I'm super close to deleting my lowest rep character next week and leveling him up once a day to run the nightfall + raid in an effort to get it. I wish my second last word was a hawkmoon so badly :(

Tell me about it, I thought I was going to roll with a Last Word in Iron banner, and do some good with it, but there's always someone with a Hawkmoon, and it's a case of scissors meets rock everytime.

guess I won't be signing in for the rest of the night. Thanks banjo!

edit: Guess other people in Michigan having the same issue

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I was about to post that same forum thread. I wasted so much time setting up a static IP for my PS4 and figuring out the port forwarding nonsense thanks to Bungie's useless "help" page for the banjo error. It has nothing to do with all that, blah.

Guys I need help, serious help. I keep hhnnnngngnging for the hawkmoon everytime someone walks all over me in IB using it. It's not even fair, I've deduced it's pretty much a headshot + body shot to kill someone with it.

For Hawkmoon, the 3 bonus damage perks are assigned independently, meaning all 3 "bonus damages" can be assigned to the same bullet. Not sure if it was 2 or 3 bonuses, but the highest damage I've seen as a Lv30 with maxed HMoon in IB was a 169 head shot, haha. I think no bonus is ~94 and maybe 1 bonus is ~131...? Not positive. But it would make sense if each bonus added ~36-37. So you could possibly get a ~205 head shot, maybe.

Tell me about it, I thought I was going to roll with a Last Word in Iron banner, and do some good with it, but there's always someone with a Hawkmoon, and it's a case of scissors meets rock everytime.

I killed quite a few Hawkmoon users with The Last Word, is all about range, if they see you at medium to long range, yeah, you are pretty much fucked because you can´t shoot at them from that distance, not with TLW at least, and Hawkmoon range is insane, but if you play smart, use cover and get close, the advantage goes to The Last Word imho, at least in my experience, maybe it does not look like it at first, but TLW shoots really fast, and if you hipfire maybe 3 shots + aim one for the head, or just aim for the head with those 4 shots (if you can), they are done for good, and if they don´t die because you miss or something, you still have 4 more shots fired in full auto, in the meanwhile, they need to aim really really well those headshots, and that´s not an easy thing to do when a guy is showering you in bullets at close range, the highest rate of fire is the winning factor there, because TLW is no Doctor Nope, it packs quite a punch.

LordofPwn

Great time in Iron Banner tonight. Though Lag was a serious issue tonight. Something was up. Last night everyone was green. Tonight half red half green.

Sullichin

Guys I need help, serious help. I keep hhnnnngngnging for the hawkmoon everytime someone walks all over me in IB using it. It's not even fair, I've deduced it's pretty much a headshot + body shot to kill someone with it. You don't even need 2 headshots :( meanwhile my fatebringer requires 2 headshots and a bodyshot. It's kind of crazy. I'm super close to deleting my lowest rep character next week and leveling him up once a day to run the nightfall + raid in an effort to get it. I wish my second last word was a hawkmoon so badly. I have two lasts words too but it's just not my cup of tea.
It's no Thorn, where you (used to be able to) just need 2 headshots. But currently it's gotta be the best HC for Crucible. Takes 3 shots to kill usually, but those bonus damage rounds come by a lot. It handles very similarly to The Devil You Know and is a little better in every way, and infinitely more stylish than it.

I was looking forward to TLW but Hawkmoon dropped before I bought it, and I like Hawkmoon more for most situations. TLW is beastly though.

GlamFM

Banned
GUYS GUYS GUYS!

Remember what I said about that RNG guy yesterday? How I hate him and he hates me because I still don´t have any Raid gear after 6 or 7 Raids?

Well, FOGET THAT!

We´re cool now.

We hang.

Yesterdays Nightfall finally got me THE GJALLARHORN!

Since I already have:

-Hawkmoon
-Suros
-IceBreaker

I feel like I have all the important exotics now.

I love Destiny.

KeRaSh

GUYS GUYS GUYS!

Remember what I said about that RNG guy yesterday? How I hate him and he hates me because I still don´t have any Raid gear after 6 or 7 Raids?

Well, FOGET THAT!

We´re cool now.

We hang.

Yesterdays Nightfall finally got me THE GJALLARHORN!

Since I already have:

-Hawkmoon
-Suros
-IceBreaker

I feel like I have all the important exotics now.

I love Destiny.

Awesome drop, but won't it be worth a damn if you're stuck at 29 forever with new content requiring higher and higher light levels?

I have neither raid gear nor a Gjallarhorn... Need to sacrifice more virgins!

Shito

Last week I got a legendary special weapon engram which turned into two pieces of ascendant energy.
This week I got a legendary engram pop while doing a daily mission.
Picked it up, and it was... a class item.
Didn't even get ass mat out of it, yeeeah!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Only 7 wins away from rank 4. Notable things I got tonight was the revenant shader. Nothing really cool.

Game is too addictive.

Tha fuck, I was playing IB earlier and there was this one asshole on the other team doing some shady shit. Everyone was connected fine but this dude was lagging everywhere and it was impossible to hit him outside of supers, rockets, or nades. Of course he could hit everyone just fine and was being a huge cunt with his fusion rifle. His lagging crap was such a problem that he popped a ward of dawn and a blade dancer on my team went charging in and got meleed down by this dude. It was really lame.

He still didn't put a damper on my night tho cuz I was on a fuckin RAMPAGE. Like 9 consecutive games where I was pulling nothing below a 2.5 and 20+ kills even when my team was losing and couldn't even maintain 1.0.

I don't understand why Steel Oracle doesn't get more love because that thing is just so stupid good. That proximity explosion perk basically guarantees a kill if your aren't off your target by 20 feet or whatever. When I wasn't firing off rockets I was smashing shit with my super, and on the rare occasions I wasn't doing either of those I was wrecking shotgun rushers with my maxxed TLW. Oh and a few sniper kills too.

Damn! Looks like I need to get back into Destiny again.

I had been taking a break.

I gotta do more Nightfalls and Raid in the next few days.

Hawkmoon <3 <3
Thanks to everyone for the great games! Sucks what happened to drizzay damn NAT issues :(

Well, I'm glad we waited for you to farm that helium, it definitely paid off! haha Nice work, it's definitely my favorite gun to use in IB.

Yeah. Drizzay and Skill missed out some good games. Next time hopefully.

Thanks guys, sorry I couldn't be there. Apparently there is some ISP issue with Destiny for people in Michigan, so I'm still not able to log back in. Frustrating IB evening, I sucked for a few rounds getting started, then just as I was feeling good and team was dominating... infinite banjo errors.

tumblr_mohs0lh8db1qk03tbo2_250.gif

Zakalwe

Banned

TLW is just as good as HM in pvp.

HM wins long range
TLW wins close range
Stalemate mid (and yes, this is true. You can hipfire the rounds needed to kill at mid faster than HM can unless HM procs its 2 shot)

They're on equal footing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom