• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the armor side you'd look like a clown with those clashing styles. On the weapon front you'd just break the game.

Yeah, I like the exotic limit, feels like good game design. They just need to correctly balance the weapons to make the choice more compelling. There's a huge gulf between the best and the worst, hopefully they close the gap by bringing the floor up, not lowering the ceiling.

TLW is just as good as HM in pvp.

I just unlocked the TLW Perfect Balance perk and want to give it a spin. As the resident TLW master, what advice would you give for how to use it in IB?

Rixa

Yesterday grinded starting of Nightfall many times (I dont have arc weapons, besides one rare sniper & ZombieA).
Reward:
Pocketinfinity.PNG

Frostfire shader <3
Also got my 7th legendary Primary Wepon "The Conduit".
So far only once I got 2 same legendary weapons (Atheons Epiloque), all the other are different onces.

7 Primary:
- Super Pox VLO
- Venation III
- AE
- A.1F19X-RYL
- The Conduit
- Fair and Square
- Lord High Fixer

1 Secondary:
- Praedyth's Revenge

3 Heavy:
- The Swarm
- Zombie Apocalypse WF47
- Unfriendly Giant

Littlebit luck with RNG here about weapons.

TLW is just as good as HM in pvp.

HM wins long range
TLW wins close range
Stalemate mid (and yes, this is true. You can hipfire the rounds needed to kill at mid faster than HM can unless HM procs its 2 shot)

They're on equal footing.

Yeah, that´s pretty much it, i have no fear to trade shots with any other handcannon user at medium or close range unless he is using TLW too, then the situation becomes this.
Tense and awesome at the same time.

KeRaSh

tricked into having fun.

I assume you´ll be able to get to level 31 right out of the gate with the DLC.

32 will require Raid gear again.

I really, really hope you are right. It would invalidate some of the achievements of those who grinded multiple characters through raids every single week to get to 30, though so I'm not entierely sure Bumgie would let that happen.

My biggest fear is that they don't let you get level 31 gear through normal means but make you update raid level gear with exotic versions of Ass materials...

Yeah, I like the exotic limit, feels like good game design. They just need to correctly balance the weapons to make the choice more compelling. There's a huge gulf between the best and the worst, hopefully they close the gap by bringing the floor up, not lowering the ceiling.

the game just needs a shit-ton of more exotics. Now it's a competition of "get these 5 best weapons, you won't need anything else, ever."

if the game would have Diablo levels of Exotic weapons we could really use them on preference. Weapons and armor both.

GlamFM

Banned
I really, really hope you are right. It would invalidate some of the achievements of those who grinded multiple characters through raids every single week to get to 30, though so I'm not entierely sure Bumgie would let that happen.

My biggest fear is that they don't let you get level 31 gear through normal means but make you update raid level gear with exotic versions of Ass materials...

They would exclude soooo many players if they did it like that.

X-Frame

So today's Temperer buff is 25%.

10%, then 15%, now 25% -- it is jumping more each day. By Monday it could be over a 100% boost.

jett

D-Member
I need some glimmer maynes. What's the quickest way to get some these days?

Just decrypted 7 blue engrams. All blue...fml

The chances of getting a purple out of a blue are now close to non-existent, same as the chances of Rahool giving you a purple engram for leveling him up.

The chances of getting a purple out of a blue are now close to non-existent, same as the chances of Rahool giving you a purple engram for leveling him up.

They're actually better then it used to be. I got quiet a few legendaries out of blue engrams since the Cryptarch patch. But yeah Rahool does barely give legendary engrams for ranking up now.

Ok so I need a couple of people for Hard Mode raid starting at Oracles (can get first chest after). On PS4.

1. Me (Unknown837)
2. kopyasu

Send me a message if interested.

Midas

It really takes forever, when you start fresh, to collect sapphire wire in order to upgrade three legendary and one exotic piece. It's worse than material farming. :)

ERMint13

It really takes forever, when you start fresh, to collect sapphire wire in order to upgrade three legendary and one exotic piece. It's worse than material farming. :)

It's easier to buy gear from the Vanguard and break it down. I'll farm glimmer and get greens in the process then buy a ton of gear and break it down. Greens are only worth one but it's the quickest way I've found to get extra gear material.

broony

Took my 64 year old dad through the raid for his first time yesterday. Just found out he got Gjallerhorn from atheon. He said he got two other exotics but he can't remember which. Bet one was Hawkmoon.

Rubenov

I think I'll continue to play IB just to get that level 5 shader -_-

And the Shadow Price is a pea shooter compared to the Suros in IB.

amar212

My mind is blown, the IB Bounties are the exact same for the 3rd day in a row. What the hell Bungie?!

Giving casual players the oportunity to actually do something is nice.

Advanced players should not care, it is easy XP.

Winwin situation for all, everyone will be happy at the end.

Locking stuff beyond "elitistic" requirement only handfull can achieve is always problematic. Raid is problematic enough for casuals.

Jito

Banned
Giving casual players the oportunity to actually do something is nice.

Advanced players should not care, it is easy XP.

Winwin situation for all, everyone will be happy at the end.

Locking stuff beyond "elitistic" requirement only handfull can achieve is always problematic. Raid is problematic enough for casuals.

Where are you getting this shit from? "Elitistic" requirement? All I asked for was different bounties dude.

At least they are easy to do, that´s something.

Pretty annoying for me as I don't have an auto rifle or machine gun.

Midas

It's easier to buy gear from the Vanguard and break it down. I'll farm glimmer and get greens in the process then buy a ton of gear and break it down. Greens are only worth one but it's the quickest way I've found to get extra gear material.

Are you buying blue or greens? I didn't even think about that. Got the suggestion to buy green engrams, so I did that. But maybe you can get green gear cheaper somewhere?

Deku Tree

Been running around finding Dead ghosts recently... some of them are in the glitchiest locations... makes you wonder if Bungie expected people to be able to find all of them without a guide...

Pretty annoying for me as I don't have an auto rifle or machine gun.

Not a single one? i had several auto rifle/machine gun drops from nightfalls, engrams, leveling up factions, etc...if you have enough rank and marks you can buy a Shadow Price from the Vanguard quartermaster, is a pretty sweet gun, the machinegun The Swarm is good too, the Crucible ones (Grim Citizen III and Zombie Apocalypse) are good weapons and more than enough for those bounties too, i have a suros but didn´t use it, my Shadow Price was more than enough.

Mupod said:
yeah with no autorifle I miss out on that bounty every day. I guess the 10 fucking million suros regime users are happy though.

I don´t really like autorifles, and as i said, with just a Shadow Price you can had that bounty done in two matches.

Jito

Banned
Not a single one? i had several auto rifle/machine gun drops from nightfalls, engrams, leveling up factions, etc...if you have enough rank and marks you can buy a Shadow Price from the Vanguard quartermaster, is a pretty sweet gun, the machinegun The Swarm is good too, the Crucible ones (Grim Citizen III and Zombie Apocalypse) are good weapons and more than enough for those bounties too, i have a suros but didn´t use it, my Shadow Price was more than enough.

Nope I've been using the TLW for a while now and had a pulse rifle and scout rifle from my vanguard level and engram drops. Quite lucky actually, I just got the Shadow Price from a Cryptarch package so I'll give it a go.

Really though they should be shuffling through different bounties each day, why am I being forced to use weapons I don't want to use because they're too lazy?

Nope I've been using the TLW for a while now and had a pulse rifle and scout rifle from my vanguard level and engram drops. Quite lucky actually, I just got the Shadow Price from a Cryptarch package so I'll give it a go.

Really though they should be shuffling through different bounties each day, why am I being forced to use weapons I don't want to use because they're too lazy?

I feel you, i despise using autorifles, i was raging the whole time and felt really relieved once i got that shit done lol.

LiK

I say the same thing every time I see the bounty for sniper HS kills for Crucible. I will never bother with that.

Ourobolus

Banned
Good HM Raid last night, guys. Got Shards and Energies the entire way through until Atheon, and he dropped Vex Mythoclast and VoC. Woo!

I say the same thing every time I see the bounty for sniper HS kills for Crucible. I will never bother with that.

I plan to fully upgrade my Praedyth´s Revenge today and give it a go, i was using my Supremacy, but it has some kick to it when it fires and does not shoot fast enough for the crucible (some guys are like fucking ninjas), Praedyth´s on the other side shoots like a dream... and i was killed several times with it playing on Shores of Time lol, great gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom