• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having issues for the past week or so where I won't be able to hear a member of my fireteam or party chat for periods of time, and it'll say audio isn't available due to a NAT issue. I've never ran into this problem before, but it's really starting to bug me. If I'm raiding, not being able to hear somebody is pretty lame. Anyone have this problem before? If it doesn't fix itself I guess I'll have to try to figure out port forwarding.

Not the most glamorous rewards, but I got a TDYK and a Calling (my 5th one) from the two nightfalls I've ran so far. This makes me happy as now I have a TDYK for each of my 3 toons, and finally the Calling rolled with firefly again, so I have a firefly scout rifle for each of my three toons. TDYK and a firefly scout are my favorite default roll outs. I think I need to make a spread sheet of my weapons. It is so hard to track them all, and the vault is too fucking tiny to dump them all in to actually get an decent overview.

noomi

Every time someone in my group gets the hawkmoon, it kills me inside a little bit. It is my most wanted weapon, please RNGesus bless me with good loot next reset.

E92 M3

If I am not disappointed after today's weekly update, I will send a $5 Amazon GC to a random person from this thread lol. So READY for my buffs.

If you are referring the larger maps as the "shit maps", there are no vehicle maps in IB.

So disappointing to see that the big maps aren't there. Is Bungie trying to promote shotgun/fusion rifle camping? They sell IB and Patience and Time, then they don't give snipers a map in IB.

Atkison04

Not the most glamorous rewards, but I got a TDYK and a Calling (my 5th one) from the two nightfalls I've ran so far. This makes me happy as now I have a TDYK for each of my 3 toons, and finally the Calling rolled with firefly again, so I have a firefly scout rifle for each of my three toons. TDYK and a firefly scout are my favorite default roll outs. I think I need to make a spread sheet of my weapons. It is so hard to track them all, and the vault is too fucking tiny to dump them all in to actually get an decent overview.

Spread sheet all the way bro! I made one out of boredom at work a couple weeks ago and it can definitely help keep up with what upgrades need what materials and what not. I'm not ashamed!

I've been having issues for the past week or so where I won't be able to hear a member of my fireteam or party chat for periods of time, and it'll say audio isn't available due to a NAT issue. I've never ran into this problem before, but it's really starting to bug me. If I'm raiding, not being able to hear somebody is pretty lame. Anyone have this problem before? If it doesn't fix itself I guess I'll have to try to figure out port forwarding.

It's happened to me a few times in the last week or so but it's intermittent.

Zakalwe

Banned
I just unlocked the TLW Perfect Balance perk and want to give it a spin. As the resident TLW master, what advice would you give for how to use it in IB?

Hip fire. Full auto. Hold the trigger without ads and just guide it to just below centre mass and le the recoil drift upwards toward the head.

Only ever ads if you need to place headshots at just over mid range, or if your target has a sliver of health left and you need that extra zoom to be sure. Don't bother with ADS headshots at mid range, hip fire full auto will kill faster when you get used to it. The split seconds you save not needing to add and aim your shot at the head makes a world of difference.

It is ridiculously sticky with hip fire, I have no problem dealing with HM users unless they catch me at longer ranges in the open.

It kills so quick at close range you can kill before FR charge sometimes, or in that split second between a missed shotgun shot and the next, etc...

Hip fire is key I can't stress that enough. It will feel weird at first, but stick with it.

Hmmm. Based on the new early data from destinypublicevevnts.com the public events seem to be shittier than ever. You now have no chance of making to the divide after the forgotten shores as divide happens before shores now. The cool down in between mothyards is even bigger now too. What the fuck? Unless there is some hidden variable like, "more events with more people" or some other way the timers are dynamic, it seems like earth publics are worse now. Am I missing something obvious? Maybe the early data is wonky.

Had a randomly amazing Iron Banner match yesterday. Dat KDR:

XIgRbU2.png

Hmmm. Based on the new early data from destinypublicevevnts.com the public events seem to be shittier than ever. You now have no chance of making to the divide after the forgotten shores as divide happens before shores now. The cool down in between mothyards is even bigger now too. What the fuck? Unless there is some hidden variable like, "more events with more people" or some other way the timers are dynamic, it seems like earth publics are worse now. Am I missing something obvious? Maybe the early data is wonky.

Or maybe they don´t want us to make 3 events in 15 minutes like the previous Mothyards-Forgotten Shore-The Divide run lol.

You know, working as intended.

LiK

So disappointing to see that the big maps aren't there. Is Bungie trying to promote shotgun/fusion rifle camping? They sell IB and Patience and Time, then they don't give snipers a map in IB.

Those maps are so hated that I think Bungie is aware people will quit them anyway even with the medallions of shame.

Nursezero

I have had this problem before. A little background, I was able to party chat with my friend at launch of PS4. Three months later wasn't able to for some reason. I kept getting a NAT error, however I was able to chat via battlefield, odd right? I called Sony and they recommend I remove him from my friends list and then add him as a friend again to my surprise it worked.

Rubenov

Hip fire. Full auto. Hold the trigger without ads and just guide it to just below centre mass and le the recoil drift upwards toward the head.

Only ever ads if you need to place headshots at just over mid range, or if your target has a sliver of health left and you need that extra zoom to be sure. Don't bother with ADS headshots at mid range, hip fire full auto will kill faster when you get used to it. The split seconds you save not needing to add and aim your shot at the head makes a world of difference.

It is ridiculously sticky with hip fire, I have no problem dealing with HM users unless they catch me at longer ranges in the open.

It kills so quick at close range you can kill before FR charge sometimes, or in that split second between a missed shotgun shot and the next, etc...

Hip fire is key I can't stress that enough. It will feel weird at first, but stick with it.

Good advice Astro, thanks.

Haybro

So I bought the digital guardian edition directly from PSN on release day, is there anything specific I need to do to redeem the sparrow?

It's not showing up for me at the postmaster.

Deku Tree

So I bought the digital guardian edition directly from PSN on release day, is there anything specific I need to do to redeem the sparrow?

It's not showing up for me at the postmaster.

It should knly show up for one of your alts, prob your main. You can also buy it from the special orders vendor.

Gurrry

So I experienced the FPS dips on XB1 last night.

Apparently if youre in xbox live party chat, you get massive FPS dips in game. But if you goto the fireteam chat, it stops. What a broken mess.

Bungie, pls. Fix this shit. Not everyone in my party plays destiny.

Mupod

The raid was fun even if I didn't quite get what was going on for parts of it, but now that I've seen what goes on I should be able to understand writeups/strategies a lot better. I've raided in a lot of MMORPGs and I've always been a 'just do it and learn on the fly' kind of person. Super happy that I got Found Verdict as it was one of my most-wanted items, but still a little disappointed that I have no useable exotic weapons. Also the game decided to give me another legendary shotgun like an hour later, which was kind of funny/annoying considering how few weapons I have.

After I get back from the bank I have all night for IB. Hoping we can get a nice gaf group going, I want to hit rank 3 tonight - that should get me to 28 no problem.

I expect the Thorn fix to be released just right after the IB ends.

Before I even started leveling I watched earvcunanan streaming as a voidwalker with Thorn - I'd already decided I wanted to play a handcannon warlock so I figured I'd make Thorn my goal. I managed to get the exotic bounty the day before the patch and burned through it in one night. And then they kicked me in the balls. So I fully expect them to do so again.

Sharding the new legendaries might give us these new materials. Guess my 100 and something ascendant shards will be just sitting there... Unless they come up with a conversion system or something.

Deku Tree

How would you feel if Bungie and Activision incorporated micro transactions that allowed you to pay $$$ for the best loot in the game with much less or no grinding (and no RNG)? Vex for $100? 30 light boots for $20?

Mupod

Oh shit the IB buff is 25% tonight? Reddit theorizing it could be as high as 85-115% by the end, since I can play a lot on Sunday I'd have no trouble maxing it out if it was that big of a boost. Level 29 here I come

There you are with your Suros hating!

I will continue to hate on it until I get one and find out it's not actually free wins autopilot. But until then fuck that thing

LiK

How would you feel if Bungie and Activision incorporated micro transactions that allowed you to pay $$$ for the best loot in the game with much less or no grinding? Vex for $100?

Don't think they need to do that. Just have Xur sell them for more coins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom