• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladelaw

I don't know what this says about me but this is my best crucible match ever. I got the 10 kills without dying, machine gun head shot, and enforcer bounties all in this match.

I'm sitting at rank 2.5 Iron Banner so 3600 more rep to grind to get to 30...

So can someone explain to me why there isn't an IB chest? I've gotten gloves/boots countless times from VoG, so I would think that IB would be my chance to defeat RNG and get past the 29 crux.

BLU-82

I hope they don't make our old ass material obsolete; that would be such a punch in the balls. What am I supposed to to do with nearly 200 ascended shards?

Well I would assume that all the current weapons and armour would still require them. Bit silly really.

LiK

So can someone explain to me why there isn't an IB chest? I've gotten gloves/boots countless times from VoG, so I would think that IB would be my chance to defeat RNG and get past the 29 crux.
You're lucky. Boots are one of the most elusive pieces from the raid. It was the last piece i got to reach 30.

X-Frame

Oh shit the IB buff is 25% tonight? Reddit theorizing it could be as high as 85-115% by the end, since I can play a lot on Sunday I'd have no trouble maxing it out if it was that big of a boost. Level 29 here I come

It would be amazing if it went beyond 100% during the weekend. I told myself there'd be no way for me to hit Rank 4 with 2 characters but with that boost, maybe I can do it without clawing my eyes out from playing so much.

Those maps are so hated that I think Bungie is aware people will quit them anyway even with the medallions of shame.

I don't know why they hate those maps. I like the moon one, and the other would be okay with different capture points. I'd rather a map that you can move around strategically then one with a shotgun around every corner. If I ever here someone complain about the big maps, I better never hear them bitch about shotguns or fusion rifles.

f@luS

More than a member.
If you do level 30 raid First. Is the 26 one still looting ?

I know that if u do 26 First, Hard more is still looting...

If you do level 30 raid First. Is the 26 one still looting ?

I know that if u do 26 First, Hard more is still looting...
No you won't get anything from the lvl 26 raid if you have completed the lvl30 raid first. You will get double loot drop during the lvl30 raid.

Edit:^^ ninja'd

Oskins

Neo Member
Anyone else getting some weird frame stutter issue? Especially in Iron Banner, when i try sprinting and moving the camera my frame rate goes to shit and then bounces back when i stop running. At first I thought it was just lag but then it started happening in the tower too. My friends felt the same stutter lag as well. Xbox One version.

X-Frame

I'm grabbing the IB boots to get to 30 but I'll replace them with Raid boots as soon as I get then because more Heavy Ammo is way too good to pass up.

That reminds me, has there been any leaks about any Trial Set Gear from the Trials of Osiris? Is that even coming in the Dark Below?

Deku Tree

I'm grabbing the IB boots to get to 30 but I'll replace them with Raid boots as soon as I get then because more Heavy Ammo is way too good to pass up.

That reminds me, has there been any leaks about any Trial Set Gear from the Trials of Osiris? Is that even coming in the Dark Below?

No leaks I don't think. Nobody knows.

breakfuss

What level is suitable for a normal raid? Does it really matter if you're higher than 26? Might run it with some people who've never done it before and wanted to make sure we weren't setting ourselves up for a headache.

Skele7on

Banned
I may actually play tonight for a change, haven't been on in weeks.

Would anyone like to do the Hard mode raid with me quick?

I'm a level 30 hunter.

What level is suitable for a normal raid? Does it really matter if you're higher than 26? Might run it with some people who've never done it before and wanted to make sure we weren't setting ourselves up for a headache.

Me and my buddies did it at 27 just for that buffer but it is doable at 26, if you need a hand i'd be happy to help. Only the atheon part in it's new form is a nightmare.

Pickman

I'm actually excited for today's Weekly Update. Here's hoping for more stability on the SGA and a Bad Juju murder machine we've always wanted it to be.

Ourobolus

Banned

28 is ideal. Anything less and you're going to have significant damage reduction on enemies, and you'll take more damage as well.

CLBridges

Hit rank 4 for IB and went ahead and bought the boots/arms for my alt., so once I grind those up I'll be 30. Was gonna stop at rank 4 then I noticed that IB Scout Rifle, wow. Same range as Icebreaker when upgraded with that perk and more stability/impact, what the duece? I gotta have that thing to test it out. And, you can reforge it to try to get your ideal setup which is another plus. I should be rank 5 by Sat. or Sun.

Finally got my first legendary engram from rng while I was farming helium on the moon. Turned into Warlock gauntlets (I'm a Hunter). In my naivete I didn't even realize that was possible.

Pickman

Finally got my first legendary engram from rng while I was farming helium on the moon. Turned into Warlock gauntlets (I'm a Hunter). In my naivete I didn't even realize that was possible.

I have a nearly full set of legendaries for both a Titan and a Hunter that don't exist yet when they hit 20.

Or maybe they don´t want us to make 3 events in 15 minutes like the previous Mothyards-Forgotten Shore-The Divide run lol.

You know, working as intended.

I'm pretty sure you are right. "LOoK, we <3 you guys, so we increased the PUbliC EvenTS!!
by a whooping 10%.
" Basically a smoke screen to make PEs more RNG. Just like "We reduced this one mission's difficulty by removing the yellow bar enemies," nerfing the glimmer farm.

LiK

I'd say I'm just a different sort of unlucky. Still waiting on chest...

Are boots the most rare? Funny - I got them as my first and only armor drop from the raid so far. I've been maybe 5 times.

That's the only piece of Raid gear I have lol. Finally maxed them last night which got me to 29.

I had four drops of boots for my Hunter before finally getting the Helmet.

lol, that sounds completely different than most other Gaffers' experiences a few threads ago. I got like 4 bracers, 2 helms and 2 chests and it took me another week or more to finally get the boots.

Ourobolus

Banned
lol, that sounds completely different than most other Gaffers' experiences a few threads ago. I got like 4 bracers, 2 helms and 2 chests and it took me another week or more to finally get the boots.

Yeah, they were my first drop too. First raid, actually.

gio78

Neo Member
So, I got some guys from destinylfg carry my level 28 Titan through my first nightfall...

Most of the walker fight I was lying down on my ass, being killed and all, rest of the nightfall I was doing my best with my mediocre weapons but the enemies were kinda laughing at me...

Sweet RNGesus felt sorry for me as well and gave me The Last Word! :)

realcZk

gauntlets were the hardest gear piece for me to get on my titan. i would get boots+chest every raid. I have a lvl 29 hunter that just needs boots now, and a lvl 28 warlock that got the raid boots first run. I imagine it's all random, with equal chances of any piece to drop (0).

figpc

Neo Member
Does anyone want to start an IB group right now? I have a few hours until my wife resumes Dragon age and wanna try to get my rep up some. I need boots and gauntlet for my 29 warlock to hit 30 an i am already rank 2.

I also want to use this as an opportunity to learn how to learn how to play pvp better. I don't do very well because I don't have a lot of practice with playing competitive console shooters. So anyone that is willing to offer me some pointers would be greatly appreciated. my PSN is figpc and I am playing on ps4. Shoot me a friend invite if you are interested and we will party up.

TP-DK

Anyone experiencing issues with the full auto perk? I used the VoC last night with the perk unlocked and it stops firing at random times, the same happens with The Last Word. Im certain its not my controller thats broke, cause it doesnt happen when using an auto rifle.

The Weekly Thursday Update...Deej promised to have a write up of all upcoming exotic balances among other things.

tumblr_inline_n56blx4bPr1r6q7c5.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How would you feel if Bungie and Activision incorporated micro transactions that allowed you to pay $$$ for the best loot in the game with much less or no grinding (and no RNG)? Vex for $100? 30 light boots for $20?
I'd stop playing immediately without ever logging in again

gauntlets were the hardest gear piece for me to get on my titan. i would get boots+chest every raid. I have a lvl 29 hunter that just needs boots now, and a lvl 28 warlock that got the raid boots first run. I imagine it's all random, with equal chances of any piece to drop (0).

1) I need your chest luck.

2) You should probably paste a screen shot of your IB score from last night. Or maybe don't because you'd be inundated with people requesting to join your team.

"The Weekly Update will cover incoming Exotic tuning." (@Bungie, 2:01 PM - 17 Nov 2014)

It's finally happening!

Here's what we know is getting covered:
  • Vex Mythoclast
    Base damage increase, attack power increase above other exotics" (Weekly Update on 10/17)​
  • Bad Juju (Dev Notes from 9/24)
  • Thorn (Dev Notes from 9/24)
  • Upgrading exotics for the new DLC (Weekly Update on 10/31)
But it's safe to say that buffing those weapons wouldn't have taken so long and that Bungie is taking a broader look at exotic weapons as a whole. Additionally, this patch will contain nerfs. There's a reason they're calling this exotic "tuning".

Philosophy
What's Bungie's idea of exotics:
Exotic Weapons are designed to look, feel and sound overpowered, but to not actually break the game. We hope these weapons challenge the way players think about their loadouts and expect their idiosyncrasies to sometimes be a little frustrating. We find ourselves wanting to collect them all and hope players feel the same way. (Dev Notes from 9/24)​

[An exotic weapon] should be a valid choice in PVP, but should not be the optimal choice. This aligns it with our philosophy on Exotics throughout the rest of the game. We don’t want any one Exotic to be the only answer to the question “what should I bring into PVP.” (Weekly Update on 10/17)​

So what does tuning mean, and what's Bungie's mindset on "balance":

"Balance is not about everyone being equal, but rather that not everybody is doing the exact same thing. If everyone is doing the same exact thing, something is not balanced. Everybody is trying to pursue the same unbalanced thing."(Weekly Update on 10/17)​

What's "likely":
  • Suros is going to get nerfed for PvP.
    " Suros Regime, for instance, is still too effective in PVP compared to other Exotics." (Weekly Update on 10/17)​
  • Other underperforming exotics will get buffed.
    DeeJ has passed Reddit's exotic weapons rankings along to the Sandbox team. The weapons to make C-tier for both PvP and PvE are Super Good Advice & Bad Juju. Monte Carlo, Universal Remote & Hardlight are also on the B/C tier for both modes.

So that's what I've been able to pull together. Any thing I missed? What do you want to see?

/hawkian

Anyone experiencing issues with the full auto perk? I used the VoC last night with the perk unlocked and it stops firing at random times, the same happens with The Last Word. Im certain its not my controller thats broke, cause it doesnt happen when using an auto rifle.

I had that happen with my VoC once last night. Only once though. I'm pretty sure it's happened before.

benjammin

I hadn't got any armor drops through 6 raids. On my seventh last night I had gauntlets drop back to back after the oracles and templar. Such is RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom