• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

moris

Anyone experiencing issues with the full auto perk? I used the VoC last night with the perk unlocked and it stops firing at random times, the same happens with The Last Word. Im certain its not my controller thats broke, cause it doesnt happen when using an auto rifle.

I thought it was just me because my controller is kinda broken but I guess you're right, auto rifle works without stopping for me as well.

Bladelaw

Does the rank 3 emblem and rank 5 shader grant more rep than the rank 1 and 2 ones? I'm thinking of picking them up if so and slapping them on Alts for future Iron Banner events.

Deku Tree

I'd stop playing immediately without ever logging in again

My thoughts too... No fun to play and grind when people you are playing with maybe just bought their way to the top...

Something like that was my thoughts as well.

Are there any micro transactions in CoD?

I haven't heard that, but people tell me that Unity now has micro transactions up to $100, and you can basically pay your way to getting all the best stuff in the game. (I haven't played Unity myself.)

Deku Tree

"The Weekly Update will cover incoming Exotic tuning." (@Bungie, 2:01 PM - 17 Nov 2014)

It's finally happening!

Here's what we know is getting covered:
  • Vex Mythoclast
    Base damage increase, attack power increase above other exotics" (Weekly Update on 10/17)​
  • Bad Juju (Dev Notes from 9/24)
  • Thorn (Dev Notes from 9/24)
  • Upgrading exotics for the new DLC (Weekly Update on 10/31)
But it's safe to say that buffing those weapons wouldn't have taken so long and that Bungie is taking a broader look at exotic weapons as a whole. Additionally, this patch will contain nerfs. There's a reason they're calling this exotic "tuning".

Philosophy
What's Bungie's idea of exotics:
Exotic Weapons are designed to look, feel and sound overpowered, but to not actually break the game. We hope these weapons challenge the way players think about their loadouts and expect their idiosyncrasies to sometimes be a little frustrating. We find ourselves wanting to collect them all and hope players feel the same way. (Dev Notes from 9/24)​

[An exotic weapon] should be a valid choice in PVP, but should not be the optimal choice. This aligns it with our philosophy on Exotics throughout the rest of the game. We don’t want any one Exotic to be the only answer to the question “what should I bring into PVP.” (Weekly Update on 10/17)​

So what does tuning mean, and what's Bungie's mindset on "balance":

"Balance is not about everyone being equal, but rather that not everybody is doing the exact same thing. If everyone is doing the same exact thing, something is not balanced. Everybody is trying to pursue the same unbalanced thing."(Weekly Update on 10/17)​

What's "likely":
  • Suros is going to get nerfed for PvP.
    " Suros Regime, for instance, is still too effective in PVP compared to other Exotics." (Weekly Update on 10/17)​
  • Other underperforming exotics will get buffed.
    DeeJ has passed Reddit's exotic weapons rankings along to the Sandbox team. The weapons to make C-tier for both PvP and PvE are Super Good Advice & Bad Juju. Monte Carlo, Universal Remote & Hardlight are also on the B/C tier for both modes.

So that's what I've been able to pull together. Any thing I missed? What do you want to see?

/hawkian

Regarding the bolded part, Icebreaker certainly breaks many parts of Destiny's hardest content. Makes it seem trivial. Please don't nerf icebreaker....

MADGAME

What's Bungie's idea of exotics:
Exotic Weapons are designed to look, feel and sound overpowered, but to not actually break the game. We hope these weapons challenge the way players think about their loadouts and expect their idiosyncrasies to sometimes be a little frustrating. We find ourselves wanting to collect them all and hope players feel the same way. (Dev Notes from 9/24)

How about a proper vault to store everything?

Hoodbury

The raid was fun even if I didn't quite get what was going on for parts of it, but now that I've seen what goes on I should be able to understand writeups/strategies a lot better. I've raided in a lot of MMORPGs and I've always been a 'just do it and learn on the fly' kind of person. Super happy that I got Found Verdict as it was one of my most-wanted items, but still a little disappointed that I have no useable exotic weapons. Also the game decided to give me another legendary shotgun like an hour later, which was kind of funny/annoying considering how few weapons I have.

It definitely takes a couple runs to understand everything that is going on. I still don't really get all what's going on during the Templar early phases and we cheesed it so you didn't actually get to see the Templar fight itself. The reason people cheese it is because you get that extra chest for more rewards. I'd recommend joining Hawkians group sometime to actually do the fight though as it's pretty fun. You get to use the relic for it.

Last nights run was extremely smooth so you didn't get to experience wiping many many times heh. We killed Atheon really fast too, just 2 jumps to the middle. So you didn't really get to see too much of his fight either.

I'm so happy I got my gauntlets. Forever 29 no more for me once I do some farming. I also got the sniper again and the rocket launcher so pretty good run for me loot wise actually.

Out 1

Lol, I'm glad they lay this stuff all out for a noob. Meanwhile, I'm avoiding the shaders and emblems since I don't want to look like everyone else...
Communication is not their strongest suit. There was a lot of speculation and misinformation around the tempered buff.

realcZk

"The Weekly Update will cover incoming Exotic tuning." (@Bungie, 2:01 PM - 17 Nov 2014)

-snip-

Solid post, looking forward to the mythoclast changes and other tunings (thorn especially). I wonder if the DoT dmg nerf is a sign of whats to come? Maybe stacking DoTs or more rounds in the mag?

I think the Suros might be additionally tuned down for PvP but honestly, I don't feel like its much more powerful than anything else, it requires precision shots and lots of guns can compete with it. Most handcannons have a much faster TTK than Suros if you're getting headshots. The range on Suros is still what's crazy, and the damage drop at range isn't that much.

I can't imagine what they are going to do with bad juju, it's gonna have to be pretty significant to make me use something like a pulse rifle. Red death has an absolutely amazing heal, and I still don't use it for most things.

Well, we're only using it for IB. Not that big a deal. I really like the Titan IB mark tho. One of the best looking marks.

Yeah exactly. I only use them for IB. My friends list is just three pages of the Iron Banner emblem haha.

I do like the class items however. Like the hunter cloak. Shame it's rank 4 :(

flkraven

Well, we're only using it for IB. Not that big a deal. I really like the Titan IB mark tho. One of the best looking marks.

Yah, now that I know they impact your rep gains, I will def be changing my look. It just sucks that they aren't clear about that stuff, so noobs wanting to look unique are punished for not automatically buying that crap.

Sullichin

You get way more XP bang for your buck with these IB bounties compared to Crucible bounties, especially the 5 headshot spree compared to 10 dead mans hand medals for the same XP. I'm at rank 5 already but did/ will do them again just for the XP. Wish they would mix them up but it doesn't look like they will at this point.

Jito

Banned
Man, seeing the limited armour variations at the start of IB matches is kinda sad. Everyone looks the same once they get to 28+.

deadlast

So I got schooled pretty hard
I played like shit
last night in IB. But I learned a lot about some maps and strats thanks to some awesome gaffers.

I still don't understand it. Is it a once a week thing or can I can and use them as much as I like?

You can use one every twelve hours cos that's how long they last. But you have to buy one every time though.

They provide a bigger buff the closer you get to the end of the event. As someone said, the buff yesterday was 15% and today it'll be 25%.

I may be the only one, but I really hope that Hard Light gets a nice juicy buff in the exotic tuning update.

It is such a fun gun to use, love the sound and everything. Would be nice to dust it off.

Bladelaw

As far as Exotic Tuning I expect Hawkmoon will lose the ability to get 3 magic bullet buffs on the same shot leading to 1 hit kills in crucible.

SUROS will get nerfed, not sure how, maybe decreasing range or dropping the stability perk. Nerfing it's damage defeats the purpose of it being exotic. People will just switch to Shadow Price/Grim Citizen for their Auto rifle fix at that point.

Bad JuJu will either get a bigger magazine, more damage, or more range/stability.

Thorn will get either a bigger mag, or faster reload. As noted giving it both will quickly make it OP in the right hands, assuming the DOT nerf doesn't also happen.

Hard Light will hopefully get more damage as that's my only problem with it once fully upgraded, or dare I hope the hard light bullets seek targets instead.

SGA, stability yo.

Pocket infinity and Plan C are in good places so I hope they leave them alone.

Ice Breaker, Increase recharge time, make explosion on kill better.

Patience and Time will hopefully be left alone.

The Last Word will hopefully be left alone hopefully fixing the "jamming" issue with that and other non-standard auto weapons.

Those are the only ones I have experience with.

R0ckman

I actually like it more now. Where B is right now is very neutral, which is exactly what you want.

Actually B was a lot more balanced where it use to be, it pushed you to be tactful with your flanking. Now you can just die respawn and run directly into B Zone OVER and OVER in rapid succession. Very lame.

Hip fire is key I can't stress that enough. It will feel weird at first, but stick with it.

Yeah, I'm a big ADS guy so it's been pretty weird. I will try to max it out before long with some bounties + telemetries and then give it a proper go. I've been experimenting a bit with getting in close for F Verdict so I think hunter + blink + TWL will work well. Always fun to try out different play styles. Thanks for the advice!

Mupod

I should hit rank 3 in crucible tonight, thinking I'll buy Final Boss. I really need a stable sniper, mine is the biggest piece of shit. Not sure what special abilities the vendor version has though.

Yeah, I'm a big ADS guy so it's been pretty weird. I will try to max it out before long with some bounties + telemetries and then give it a proper go. I've been experimenting a bit with getting in close for F Verdict so I think hunter + blink + TWL will work well. Always fun to try out different play styles. Thanks for the advice!

This is me too.... I just can't bring myself not to ADS when I go up against someone unless they're moving really fast past me.

It's gonna be chore breaking myself out of this habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom