• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

phen0m24

The raid was fun even if I didn't quite get what was going on for parts of it, but now that I've seen what goes on I should be able to understand writeups/strategies a lot better. I've raided in a lot of MMORPGs and I've always been a 'just do it and learn on the fly' kind of person. Super happy that I got Found Verdict as it was one of my most-wanted items, but still a little disappointed that I have no useable exotic weapons. Also the game decided to give me another legendary shotgun like an hour later, which was kind of funny/annoying considering how few weapons I have.

First: You did fine! Holy crap we flew through it. I still can't believe Scarlet's RAWR-like run through the Gorgon Maze. Right chest, killed a Gorgon, ran back to the beginning, then a quick jaunt to the end.

Second: Exotic exshmotic. Don't sweat it too bad. Exotics will come. Plus, if you get the raid weapons, they don't take up an exotic slot, do elemental damage as well, 300 damage also and don't take as long to upgrade
(at least if my memory serves me correctly)
. Plus you get the added benefit of increased Super energy in some cases and increased damage to Oracles as well.

Get your Raid weapons, take them to the NIghtfall, maybe get an exotic drop.
Take your Raid weapons to the Weekly 28 and get you some coins.

Buy exotics as you want them.

Eventually all of our vaults will look like Hawkian's.... :p

Pocket Infinity is my enemy in Iron Banner. It has crazy range. High level blade dancers are also ridiculously resilient.

I have blue FRs that have range higher than PI. It's the crazy impact combined with the range that makes it a beast....

Also when I see blade dancers, unless they are far enough away for me to unload a Suros mag into them, I nope the fuck outta there.

Bladelaw

We're all in agreement that Blind Watch is the worst non First Light/Bastion control map right?

C and B are still too close together meaning whoever starts at C has a huge advantage. Being able to lock down B (Titan Bubble, Striker grenades, solar grenades, trips mines, etc) pretty much ensures a win since the heavy spawns in an easily defended area. If the team plays smart everyone gets heavy ammo and it's pretty much GG from there. I was both on the giving and receiving of such a beatdown last night. Won and lost by 10k points.

Sullichin

I have blue FRs that have range higher than PI. It's the crazy impact combined with the range that makes it a beast....

Also when I see blade dancers, unless they are far enough away for me to unload a Suros mag into them, I nope the fuck outta there.
Ah, I guess it's the impact stat that's getting me one shot, and why I'm noticing more in Iron Banner.

Anyone use the scout rifle from IB yet? Fire rate seems slow.

jett

D-Member
This is the truth. All other shotguns are nerfed.

There are other shotguns in this game? Nyahaha.

Pocket Infinity is my enemy in Iron Banner. It has crazy range. High level blade dancers are also ridiculously resilient.

The Blade Dancer super is broken. They survive two full blasts of fusion, several point blank shotgun shells. What is this. The only thing that can stop it is a Nova Bomb.

As far as Exotic Tuning I expect Hawkmoon will lose the ability to get 3 magic bullet buffs on the same shot leading to 1 hit kills in crucible.

SUROS will get nerfed, not sure how, maybe decreasing range or dropping the stability perk. Nerfing it's damage defeats the purpose of it being exotic. People will just switch to Shadow Price/Grim Citizen for their Auto rifle fix at that point.

Bad JuJu will either get a bigger magazine, more damage, or more range/stability.

Thorn will get either a bigger mag, or faster reload. As noted giving it both will quickly make it OP in the right hands, assuming the DOT nerf doesn't also happen.

Hard Light will hopefully get more damage as that's my only problem with it once fully upgraded, or dare I hope the hard light bullets seek targets instead.

SGA, stability yo.

Pocket infinity and Plan C are in good places so I hope they leave them alone.

Ice Breaker, Increase recharge time, make explosion on kill better.

Patience and Time will hopefully be left alone.

The Last Word will hopefully be left alone hopefully fixing the "jamming" issue with that and other non-standard auto weapons.

Those are the only ones I have experience with.

A maxed The Last Word is a monster in Iron Banner. Nothing you can do against it.

There just aren't enough people out there with it maxed for anyone to notice.

It will be nerfed eventually.

Sullichin

ironically, pocket infinity chews up bladedancers in one tri-blast
Invective is the best bladedancer killer I have, but then I can't use Hawkmoon so that's out. It's been a mess of Hawkmoon hip shots / Found Verdict / Zombie Apocalypse and blinking away, mashing my own melee, sometimes succeeding. They're no thing in regular Crucible but definitely my most feared special in IB. That, and Sunsinger radiance actually seem more powerful, while the other specials pretty much play out the same as before.

I may be the only one, but I really hope that Hard Light gets a nice juicy buff in the exotic tuning update.

It is such a fun gun to use, love the sound and everything. Would be nice to dust it off.

I'm waiting for Super Good Advice to be worth it's vault slot. I love Heavy Machine guns, but there is no reason to use that over Corrective Measure.

Hoodbury

We're all in agreement that Blind Watch is the worst non First Light/Bastion control map right?

C and B are still too close together meaning whoever starts at C has a huge advantage. Being able to lock down B (Titan Bubble, Striker grenades, solar grenades, trips mines, etc) pretty much ensures a win since the heavy spawns in an easily defended area. If the team plays smart everyone gets heavy ammo and it's pretty much GG from there. I was both on the giving and receiving of such a beatdown last night. Won and lost by 10k points.

I actually think Blind Watch is worse than First Light/Bastion. At least on those maps you can flip which A/C flag you want easily. Blind Watch A spawn has a huge disadvantage for getting B and also it is extremely tough to flip C.

The B flag really needs another new location. I think outside would be a better place for it.

yup, changing the control points didn't change much. We were playing yesterday and honestly every time it was Blind Watch. Fortunately, we knew what to do and just straight rushed C if we spawned at A and capture B and managed to do pretty well. Would have been worse facing a team that knew about CB capture.

We were playing 5 man and had a random who would periodically try and capture A. I once let an enemy go by just so he could kill the random capturing A :p

f@luS

More than a member.
Invective is the best bladedancer killer I have, but then I can't use Hawkmoon so that's out. It's been a mess of Hawkmoon hip shots / Found Verdict / Zombie Apocalypse and blinking away, mashing my own melee, sometimes succeeding. They're no thing in regular Crucible but definitely my most feared special in IB. That, and Sunsinger radiance actually seem more powerful, while the other specials pretty much play out the same as before.

For hard you get loot from Normal and Hard. I just do hard mode now.
So u could loot twice the same item (like gloves) on the same boss ??

Mupod

I wonder what they're going to do for the next iron banner, since it's likely going to be post-expansion. They don't have any issues with throwing 30s in against 20s, but letting 32s in at full power might be a problem since not everyone will buy the DLC.

matmanx1

Invective is a destroyer of worlds on IB, gatddamn.

I'm having mixed luck with mine. Sometimes it feels beastly and other times it feels like I'm shooting nothing but air. Of course it does not help that every other close quarters encounter I've had recently has been a radiant skin warlock, arc blade hunter or a titan with a force shield.

Bladelaw

A maxed The Last Word is a monster in Iron Banner. Nothing you can do against it.

There just aren't enough people out there with it maxed for anyone to notice.

It will be nerfed eventually.

But what can they do without removing what makes it interesting? I love me some hammer fanning too.

R0ckman

So is that new shard and energy posting basically to tell us that they made a new version of them for the DLC weapons?

Will that just override the old shards or can we still use them in vanilla content?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm gonna jump in and be the lone guy that likes Pulse Rifles. Bad Juju would be great if it had a decent magazine size. Accurate from the hip? Fires in full auto? Yes please.

Bad Seed Down was my first legendary and I really liked it until i had something to really compare. But the Pox has turned into a very nice fun for PvE.

lunlunqq

Stop talking about weapon buffs. You guys are just setting yourselves up for big disappointments. It will be a millions years until Bungie would seriously consider buffing anything in the game. For the foreseeable future, it's gonna be all about nerfs. Enjoy your favorite weapon as much as possible now because it's gonna be nerfed in the next hot fix!

I actually think Blind Watch is worse than First Light/Bastion. At least on those maps you can flip which A/C flag you want easily. Blind Watch A spawn has a huge disadvantage for getting B and also it is extremely tough to flip C.

The B flag really needs another new location. I think outside would be a better place for it.

I think the best bet as alpha is to forget B and go straight for C. Done this a few times with GAFfers and it worked out perfect for us.

Rubenov

I know it's likely just me, but I feel much weaker playing with my female Warlock in IB than with my male Warlock. They're at the same level/abilities. There's no difference between genders, right?

Bladelaw

I'd be interested in seeing a COD style heat map of Blind Watch just to see where the heaviest trafficked areas are. I suspect old C and under A are the most under utilized areas now.

EL CUCO

fuck it, even as Bravo I try to hold A/C. There's always some war going on at B though and it's a good time. I like the new Blind Watch.

Lol yeah I find B alot of fun now. Before it was just annoying with no line ot sight and people hugging the corner waiting for someone to walk in.

I think the best bet as alpha is to forget B and go straight for C. Done this a few times with GAFfers and it worked out perfect for us.

Holing down C as Alpha helps alot because you flip the spawn.

Hoodbury

Yep that's what I do too. I don't get the desire for B when you hold A? If you die you still spawn over by A and will lose B anyway. Go for C, then get B.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For tonight's Newbie raid:

I had totally blanked and forgot that haunted_taco had already reserved a slot. My bad! RetroMG, I'm sorry, since you were the last to sign up I gotta bump you to first Alt. PMing you too. I'll be hitting you up first if we have any no-shows, so please do stay by your console!

This is the roster for 8:15EST:
1. schwagger15 (if you can make it!)
2. Hawkian
3. someday
4. BEHOLDER-Y
5. RidliMM
6. haunted_taco

Mupod

I am actually in progress with the bounty for that. Just need to see Xur tomorrow to get it back in motion. Looking forward to getting this myself.

that bounty went by so fast I forget what's even involved in it. It's really easy. The weapon is also so bad I forgot I had it, so a buff would be cool. For now I'm reliant on my zombie apocalypse to get me through these iron banner headshot bounties...not much luck there. For some reason whenever I equip an LMG in crucible I die before I get to do anything.

It's not even a case of rushing early and getting rocketed, I do have common sense. It's always an unexpected Final Destination kind of death like a stray Hawkmoon one-shot or falling through the game world.

Sullichin

I think a good Thorn buff would be to make the DOT stack.
I'd be happy if they just brought it back to exactly how it was and never speak of the mistake again. It doesn't need a buff that will eventually get too many people complaining about it and have it eventually nerfed! OG Thorn is a beast. The best PVP handcannon.

... not really worth using in PVE in the face of other exotics, though. I think it's fine that it's more of a PVP weapon, especially since it's top tier, but if they wanted to make it slightly better in PVE without affecting it too much in PVP they could:
- Replace Snapshot with Scout Field perk; you'd have to decide between 7 shots, stability, or send it. Send It is the correct choice, but some people really hate the small mag. Give them ONE more bullet.
- Keep reload speed exactly the same!
- If possible, have the DOT stack twice or three times in PVE but keep it the pre-patch single 7 tick in PVP.
- If they wanted to be crazy they could have it do a specific damage type, so it could match Fatebringer in that respect, and is also a change that only affects its usefulness in PVE.

matmanx1

I'm getting a little bit jelly listening to all of your successes in PVP. I've never had a 10 kill streak and have trouble completing most bounties. I don't have the most experience at first person shooters in a PVP environment anyway so the learning curve for Destiny Crucible and IB has been pretty steep.

I think I am getting better. I hope I am getting better. Some games I easily finish with a K/D of higher than 1 but other games I hang around a .6 or .7. I enjoy playing my Titan but I feel like it's the bottom tier class in terms of PVP, especially in terms of getting kills.

That being said, maybe I am just not using my class to its fullest potential. Any really successful Titan PVP'ers out there have any tips for killing more and dieing less? I've read just about everything in this thread that's been written on how to PVP and I feel like I follow that advice pretty well but I am still a little bit frustrated.

In Control matches I tend to stick with Defender for the bubble but I am sorely tempted to switch back to Striker just so I can ground pound and toss lightning grenades at control points. Thoughts?

stb

Anyone for the weekly heroic tonight ~7 Eastern? I need them coinz.

PS4 Berried_treasurE (add me and call out that it's for the weekly heroic or coinz).

realcZk

I'd be happy if they just brought it back to exactly how it was and never speak of the mistake again. It doesn't need a buff that will eventually get too many people complaining about it and have it eventually nerfed! OG Thorn is a beast. The best PVP handcannon.

... not really worth using in PVE in the face of other exotics, though. I think it's fine that it's more of a PVP weapon, especially since it's top tier, but if they wanted to make it slightly better in PVE without affecting it too much in PVP they could:
- Replace Snapshot with Scout Field perk; you'd have to decide between 7 shots, stability, or send it. Send It is the correct choice, but some people really hate the small mag. Give them ONE more bullet.
- Keep reload speed exactly the same!
- If possible, have the DOT stack twice or three times in PVE but keep it the pre-patch single 7 tick in PVP.
- If they wanted to be crazy they could have it do a specific damage type, so it could match Fatebringer in that respect, and is also a change that only affects its usefulness in PVE.

The 7 dmg DoT was insane, and I loved every tick of it. I wonder if the 3 dmg is a sign of stacking to come. I would be fine with a 2-3x stack (6 or 9 dmg ticks), itw ould still kill in two shots if headshots but would not be as brutal as a one shot at a distance ( DoT dmg does NOT drop off at range like reg dmg).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom