• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it doesn't get nerfed :( But yea gun is ridiculous. I've said this in the thread multiple times but people still disagree.

TTK is everything and it can down enemies before they even know wtf happened.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure the reason people don't agree that it is a beast weapon is because it takes significant skill to master. It is a demonstration of skill gap more than almost anything else in this game.

Most people I see just run around holding down the trigger, fan firing, using it out of its domination range, etc. I've said it a million times - the gun requires precise, steady paced shots and individual trigger pulls. You have to work your way up from there.

I was getting wrecked trying to use it at first, and it was frustrating. I'd see an enemy, look down the sights and just hold down the trigger. Nothing. Then I really started slowing it down. Keeping a safe distance, firing slow confident shots. Started getting more kills. I started increasing my firing pace from mid range, and my kills got quicker. Then I started closing the gap - engaging people from shorter distances. At this point, close to mid range, I'm confident in pretty much any engagement I run into.

It really does have a ridiculously short TTK, but I don't anticipate it being nerfed. It takes considerable skill to realize how short the TTK is.

Someone should organize another newbie raid run for tonight. I still have only just fought Atheon but would love to see the rest of it, with an experienced and organized group. I have a level 28 warlock on PSN and a level 25 titan on X1.

Deku Tree

necrochasm bullet hose auto rifle
headshot kill explode Like a cursed thrall perk is going to break PvP again
... I wonder if Bungie has a plan for that?

Hype levels rising! For all the new raids.... Are they going to keep using the all the six guardians who originally went into the raid died except one story mechanic?

Well, in their defense, Kabr died too. Or was at least "forever lost in the dark corners of time." There are no survivors from the VoG who we interacted with.

meh.... Blizzard make way more intense/impressive CGI trailers, especially the ones for WoW, but strangely i'm still looking forward to the expansion.

yep. BUNGIE IS NOT PREPARED

IllidanTBCCinematic.jpg

Does the Hunter's blink work exactly the same as the Warlock's?

After using the Warlock with blink for so long everything else feels way too slow and I feel like a sitting duck in the air.

If they have the same blink then it'll be time to start leveling up the Bladedancer subclass.

Lima

Well, in their defense, Kabr died too. Or was at least "forever lost in the dark corners of time." There are no survivors from the VoG who we interacted with.

Technically we interacted with him through the relic. Kabr made it. Some think that he somehow transcended space and time and became the relic because the moves with it are very similar to a Titan.

lunlunqq

necrochasm bullet hose auto rifle
headshot kill explode Like a cursed thrall perk is going to break PvP again
... I wonder if Bungie has a plan for that?

Give it a half second delay between the kill and the detonation and some kind of visual/audio cue of what's gonna happen; I think we should be fine. But of course Bungie's gonna nerf it eventually anyways.

Shito

Wait: does the IB shader from reputation level 2 boosts the reputation gains as well?
I thought it was only emblem and class item...

LiK

meh.... Blizzard make way more intense/impressive CGI trailers, especially the ones for WoW, but strangely i'm still looking forward to the expansion.

I think anyone who still hasn't given up on the game wants to play any new content for it. Hopefully it's not exact same experience as VoG.

Yes there is no confirmation that Kabr died IMO.

Technically we interacted with him through the relic. Kabr made it. Some think that he somehow transcended space and time and became the relic because the moves with it are very similar to a Titan.

Right, totally valid. But it isn't exactly fair to say they are "reusing the mechanic". The average player has no idea who Kabr is or what any of the lore in VoG is for that matter.

Eris is a character we will be talking to, getting quests from, and she will be driving the expansion story. We had nothing remotely comparable for VoG.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Does the Hunter's blink work exactly the same as the Warlock's?

After using the Warlock with blink for so long everything else feels way too slow and I feel like a sitting duck in the air.

If they have the same blink then it'll be time to start leveling up the Bladedancer subclass.
i dunno, i dont have voidwalker maxed yet. bladedancer blink is amazing though.

Lima

Right, totally valid. But it isn't exactly fair to say they are "reusing the mechanic". The average player has no idea who Kabr is or what any of the lore in VoG is for that matter.

Eris is a character we will be talking to, getting quests from, and she will be driving the expansion story. We had nothing remotely comparable for VoG.

True which is Bungie's fault. The lore for the VoG is pretty interesting but it should have been in the game.

Oh and I think in that trailer for the first time I heard a good voice over in this game. Like the woman that voices Eris actually gives a fuck.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I bet hawkmoon gets nerfed from today's notes
Why? Unless you mean the multiple bonus damage rounds applying to one shot which would be more of a bug fix than a nerf; it's not how the perk is stated to work in the descriptions.

Bladelaw

I did hear something about a glitch on the Destiny subreddit, but I never personally saw it.

The Destiny app reported that Rahool had a purple engram but he had nothing of the sort in game. It's possible what someone saw was a legendary engram they had that could be decoded not purchaseable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom