• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

Does the Hunter's blink work exactly the same as the Warlock's?

After using the Warlock with blink for so long everything else feels way too slow and I feel like a sitting duck in the air.

If they have the same blink then it'll be time to start leveling up the Bladedancer subclass.

It's the exact same.

Where are you guys getting this lore on the Vault from? Be curious to read it.

Some of it is on the Grimoire Cards.

His name was Kabr. He wasn't my friend but I knew and respected him as a Guardian and a good man.

He fought the Vex alone. This destroyed him. In the time before he vanished he said things that I think should be remembered. These are some of them:

"In the Vault time frays and a needle moves through it. The needle is the will of Atheon. I do not know the name of the shape that comes after the needle.

No one can open the Vault alone. I opened the Vault. There was no one with me but I was not alone.

You will meet the Templar in a place that is a time before or after stars. The stars will move around you and mark you and sing to you. They will decide if you are real.

I drank of them. It tasted like the sea."

That is all I can remember.

Pahanin

These are the last words of Kabr, the Legionless:

I have destroyed myself to do this. They have taken my Ghost. They are in my blood and brain. But now there is hope.

I have made a wound in the Vault. I have pierced it and let in the Light. Bathe in it, and be cleansed. Look to it, and understand:

From my own Light and from the thinking flesh of the Vex I made a shield. The shield is your deliverance. It will break the unbreakable. It will change your fate.

Bind yourself to the shield. Bind yourself to me. And if you abandon your purpose, let the Vault consume you, as it consumed me.

Now it is done. If I speak again, I am not Kabr.

Some of it is the flavor text of the weapons and armor.

Titan Helmet: Kabr fought the Vex alone. But somehow they didn't kill him.
Titan Gloves: He consumed their technology like fire, fashioning armor from their remnants.
Titan Chest: In the aftermath, he became obsessed with the machines.
Titan Legs: He was claimed by the Vault. His armor and myth are all that remain.

Praedyth's Timepiece: "He skipped like a stone on time's ocean. This is what's left." - Unknown
Praedyth's Revenge: "Praedyth's fall isn't over... because it hasn't happened yet... and it will happen again."

Mindlog

Hot off my double Fatebringer drop. Then another Fatebringer. Then another Fatebringer bringing my total to six... I finally got the Timepiece.
BkNl5gW.jpg
RNG , why do you toy with me?

TTG

I'm not a fan of the Titan class in pvp. The power bomb super leaves the person launching it dead 4 times out of 5, unlike a Voidwalker missile. The bubble I just flat out walk away from. If you're a big shotgun fan, I can see how that melee would be very useful to you, so I guess there's that. Both Hunters and Warlocks can be speced to very nearly the same armor rating, Warlocks benefiting with best recovery ability in the game as well... yea I don't know.

LiK

Hot off my double Fatebringer drop. Then another Fatebringer. Then another Fatebringer bringing my total to six... I finally got the Timepiece.

RNG , why do you toy with me?

Kinda wish we had dual wielding like in Halo 2. Just lower accuracy when people use it.

zewone

I'm not a fan of the Titan class in pvp. The power bomb super leaves the person launching it dead 4 times out of 5, unlike a Voidwalker missile. The bubble I just flat out walk away from. If you're a big shotgun fan, I can see how that melee would be very useful to you, so I guess there's that. Both Hunters and Warlocks can be speced to very nearly the same armor rating, Warlocks benefiting with best recovery ability in the game as well... yea I don't know.

I don't like playing as a Titan at all. It just does not click with me. Weapons of Light is fun for taking out bullet sponge bosses though.

Kabr had companions in the vault? I thought he mentioned no one was with him down there.

It's convoluted, but what the Oracles and Gorgons are doing are essentially erasing you from existence. This is why when the Gorgons see you, or when you let the Oracles live too long, you die automatically (they really should disintegrate you instead of ragdoll you to get that across). So Kabr went in with a group who were all written out of existence during their Raid. This is why he's confused about how he got in (knowing he couldn't have opened it alone), but can't remember anyone being with him (because they were all written out of existence).

Also, Pahanin wasn't part of the group. He just heard about it. That's why he creates the AI in Super Good Advice because he's obsessed with someone always being around to acknowledge he exists.

EDIT: Actually, I think Pahanin was part of Kabr's group.

3 normal raids and 3 nightfalls completed this week.

Raid:
1) 29 warlock - GJALLARHORN!!!! and ass.
2) 29 hunter - my 3rd atheons epilogue and 4th hezen vengeance, gauntlets, plus ass.
3) 29 titan - chest and ass.

Nightfall
1) 5 strange coins (seriously just 5, wtf!!!)
2) THUNDERLORD!!!!!
3) 5 strange wtf again? Coins

Not a bad week overall.
Warlock and hunter now have 2 raid pieces, titan got her first bit.

Forever 29?

GJALLARHORN!!!!

Where's my Hawkmoon?

Hung Wei Lo

It was real fun! Hope my buddy and his lady in the background weren't too distracting during the 2nd run lol. And with the luck I was having, I thought it'd just continue on for the last run. How arrogant of me.

I am dying at work. Running on <4 hrs sleep on multiple days was so much easier as a younger lad when I didn't have to be a responsible person and could mess around doing who knows what. Yet, I'm sure the PS4 will be powered on within 15 minutes of my return home for another hours-long session. The hooks, they're in me.

Not at all, though the talk about getting beer was making me wish I spent more time training my dog to get one for me. He can open the door, but that's about it - so it's a work in progress.

I'm the same way...once I'm back at home, it's time to start the 2nd job - doing the daily, bounties, farming for mats and cleaning up on missed raid portions/weekly/nightfall *sigh*

It's convoluted, but what the Oracles and Gorgons are doing are essentially erasing you from existence. This is why when the Gorgons see you, or when you let the Oracles live too long, you die automatically (they really should disintegrate you instead of ragdoll you to get that across). So Kabr went in with a group who were all written out of existence during their Raid. This is why he's confused about how he got in (knowing he couldn't have opened it alone), but can't remember anyone being with him (because they were all written out of existence).

Also, Panahin wasn't part of the group. He just heard about it. That's why he creates the AI in Super Good Advice because he's obsessed with someone always being around to acknowledge he exists.

What they should do is delete your character. You know, to get the point across :p

matmanx1

Yeah, I have sort of figured that out. All of the PVP videos people are putting up showing these long kill streaks and dominating performances are generally Warlocks and Hunters. Yeah, Titans have some cool tricks but like you said most of them end with the Titan dead very shortly thereafter. Titans feel a little bit like second class citizens in PVP to me at this point.

Of course that is just extra motivation to play better so at least I am taking it in a positive direction.

R0ckman

Also, Pahanin wasn't part of the group. He just heard about it. That's why he creates the AI in Super Good Advice because he's obsessed with someone always being around to acknowledge he exists.

EDIT: Actually, I think Pahanin was part of Kabr's group.

Where are you getting all of this? I read super good advice and it said he did see Kabr fall.

What's the best way to use a Sunsinger in PvP? Right now, I have either a burn on the grenades, or x2 grenades and just spaming them all over the place. I did get a couple of double kills, so that seems better than popping back up to get just one revenge kill.

What's the best way to use a Sunsinger in PvP? Right now, I have either a burn on the grenades, or x2 grenades and just spaming them all over the place. I did get a couple of double kills, so that seems better than popping back up to get just one revenge kill.

Do you have Vision of Confluence? If you do, run Radiant Skin, viking funeral, and the one that makes everything ignite.

Otherwise, Radiant Skin/Phoenix, 2 Grenades and extra duration.

I find self-reviving a little overrated, but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom