• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you're a hunter. you can reload all the time gun like that. nothing like hawkmoon. third eye is great BECAUSE you can use another exotic, could run third man bladedancer and annoy the shit out of everyone in pvp :eek:

if you can speed the reload up at all with, say, oh I don't know, chain of woe, then it's ridiculous. have to be accurate, but you can wreck with that gun.

Nice! One thing I'm really enjoying about this game is that I'm finding legendaries I vaulted without giving much thought have perks that make them useful in ways that weren't apparent at first blush. There's a lot more depth to things than just getting the best exotics.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Pretty good breakdown. I still think it's overpriced since those would be good ala cart prices, but since you're forced to buy as a bundle, there should be more of a discount. I'd buy the raid and exotics for $7 and leave it at that. The strikes and story that use on disc assets should be added for free just to keep the community healthy.

I hope sales are below expectations and they drop the price to grab the attention of people that start playing at Christmas.

As for a new subclass, I hope they prove me wrong, but I feel that is the type of thing they will hold of on releasing until a major expansion next fall. I can see a new subclass, planet area and vehicles showing up between now and Destiny 2.
it is overpriced. i'm trying to justify it to myself even though i would have preferred to be able to choose what I wanted.

i'm actually choosing to support the game too, which is definitely a decision everyone should make. waiting or boycotting it would definitely send bungie a stronger signal that you're unhappy with the content.

JayEH

Pretty good breakdown. I still think it's overpriced since those would be good ala cart prices, but since you're forced to buy as a bundle, there should be more of a discount. I'd buy the raid and exotics for $7 and leave it at that. The strikes and story that use on disc assets should be added for free just to keep the community healthy.

I hope sales are below expectations and they drop the price to grab the attention of people that start playing at Christmas.

As for a new subclass, I hope they prove me wrong, but I feel that is the type of thing they will hold of on releasing until a major expansion next fall. I can see a new subclass, planet area and vehicles showing up between now and Destiny 2.

Hopefully they will have a major expansion because it is really apparent now they cut a lot of content before launch such as Old Chicago, Saturn, Mercury, and what looks like a social Hub at the Reef. But if $20 is what they're charging for "expansion" 1, I can't imagine what they'll charge for a real expansion lol.

it is overpriced. i'm trying to justify it to myself even though i would have preferred to be able to choose what I wanted.

i'm actually choosing to support the game too, which is definitely a decision everyone should make. waiting or boycotting it would definitely send bungie a stronger signal that you're unhappy with the content.

Every couple of days I look at the expansion pass on PSN and think about just impulse buying it. I'll probably cave soon :p

zenbot

Okay, here's a question- forget about the guns you think Bungie will nerf because they hate fun, which guns are left that you think deserve a nerf?
I think the Suros still needs a light nerf for PVP; just bring down its effective range a bit. (I think pistols could probably use a slight range nerf, too.) Mostly though I agree with HighOnPCP; lots of weapons just need buffing. It's so rare to see pulse or scout rifles in PVP, and for good reason. Pistols and assault rifles are just so much better.

Not a single raid gear drop for my Hunter. Fuck this shitty RNG system.

Alt?

Having 3 now (30 Titan, 29 Hunter and 24 Warlock) it's now 3 chances at disappointment. You get a decent haul but a lot of crap. First raid with my 29 Hunter and it was all duplicates except for a raid chest.

JayEH

Bungie really needs to add the small Moon and Mercury maps to other playlists (and totally annihilate First Light from existence). Tired of playing the same maps over and over again in Control and Clash.

The way I see it, it's a good value for me personally. I've gotten way more out of my $60 purchase than any game in a long time (probably have to go back to PSO to find something comparable). I like strikes a ton, and a couple more mixed in would help immensely. The new raid will be a couple hours worth of enjoyment every week until I'm tired of playing or have all the gear I want. For the hours I'll put into the new content, I feel it's an easy purchase for me to justify. I can understand opposing views. I've rarely stayed interested in a game long enough to get the DLC.

Except for us schmucks that got the digital guardian edition. I bought into the hype so I already have dlc inbound. Kinda wish I hadn't and waited for fire sale prices, but whatever. I am confident Bungie has seen and heard all the major criticisms of the main game. I don't expect the first expansions to really fix all that much, but if there are more expansions or maybe Destiny 2, those should have a more focused vision and address the major shortcomings of the game.

Just have to be even more patient.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So after all the quoting and making sure this time no mishap happens, this is the fireteam for 9PM EST for Gatekeepers + Atheon HM twice

1. GarveRobberX
2. Bloodsent
3. patchday
4. lunlunqq
5. Ditters1
6. Sharkjaw

Alt, 1st dibs: babyghost853

Please send a FR to me if I'm not your FL, PSN: GraveRobberX
Will send out invites + party chat @8:55PM and start no later than 9:05-9:10

Invites going out

Zocano

try explosive rounds it 1 shots them i think

Just tried out the farm but I feel it isn't that effective?

I'm looping the initial hive wave by refraining from killing the Majors/Ultras because killing them triggers the checkpoint. So I mop up the barrage, die, and it starts me right off there again and I repeat.

However, it just seems like the xp isn't superb. Am I missing something?

So after all the quoting and making sure this time no mishap happens, this is the fireteam for 9PM EST for Gatekeepers + Atheon HM twice

1. GarveRobberX
2. Bloodsent
3. patchday
4. lunlunqq
5. Ditters1
6. Sharkjaw

Alt, 1st dibs: babyghost853

Please send a FR to me if I'm not your FL, PSN: GraveRobberX
Will send out invites + party chat @8:55PM and start no later than 9:05-9:10

I'd be willing to sub in if a second person drops out. Haven't beaten GK or Aetheon on hard yet but have been through the Normal 8xs. Level 30 Warlock with maxes epilogue, shadow price, IB, praedyths revenge, and gjallarhorn.

If any needs a body for GK/Aetheon HM I'm game.

arimanius

Wow went back to my Titan after playing my Hunter for a couple of weeks and it was painful. Did not expect that difficult of a transition back. This was in pvp.

Also tried pocket infinity in pvp. Not a big fan. Long charge up time compared to light/beware.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow went back to my Titan after playing my Hunter for a couple of weeks and it was painful. Did not expect that difficult of a transition back. This was in pvp.

Also tried pocket infinity in pvp. Not a big fan. Long charge up time compared to light/beware.
it has the longest in the game and light/beware has the shortest besides plan c with the mod effect.

Just to be clear, I already supported the game by buying it. The content I would be boycotting is the DLC. I've always been opposed to DLC, especially the kind that is pre planned and not born out of a fan base that just can't get enough of the game. The way it feels like in Destiny's case content was held back just to be used for DLC makes it even harder to swallow.

Bouncer mobs keeping us out of certain areas to be explored as we leveled up, and DLC being whole new patrol areas would have been easier to swallow.

Anyone want to do a normal raid in 30 mins before the reset?
1) iRAWRasaurus
2) friend
3)DNAbro
4)Am_I_Evil
5)Mike_Hawk689
6)lteroparity?
Sounds good, back home so send me a fr and we can get started :) Took me less time then I thought to drive back :p
30 mins? You trying to set a record or something?

I'll join with my titan.
LOL I should have rephase that :p well seems like youre already in a raid so there is always next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom