• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighOnPCP

It makes me wonder if the games RNG is pseudo random or rng has some type of bug. What are the chances of this repetition happening? Seems too coincidental.

It's like the raid for me. I have only run it 3 times, and I have gotten Found Verdict to drop at Templar every time. Doesn't seem like that should happen so consistently, yet it does.

You should sit down for this...

On a Stream recently (I really can't remember which) Deej was there playing some crucible matches with the guys who run it I guess. He CONFIRMED that it is not random. There are people at Bungie who decide which items Xur will sell. THIS is what pisses me off. I can deal with RNG bullshit otherwise I would've stopped playing a looong time ago.

Oh, these Voidfang max out at 131. I thought it was the base stat. Well, fuck that. The ones on my main maxed out at 144. Gonna get the MIDA instead.

Due, you grinding yet? Those Young Ahamkara Spines won't get to 30 by themselves!

Congrats man! Now you have to be 30 by sunday so keep grinding! :p

And I'm gonna buy Voidfang Vestments again... These are slightly better than the ones I have on my main so I'll pass those on to my alt and level these up for my main... again...

You bet! Those extra bounty slots are going to be useful. And after that, to try and get warlock and titan to 29 (like I'll have any time left...)

I might buy Voidfang for the warlock, just to get some extra gear.

Oh, these Voidfang max out at 131. I thought it was the base stat. Well, fuck that. The ones on my main maxed out at 144. Gonna get the MIDA instead.

Due, you grinding yet? Those Young Ahamkara Spines won't get to 30 by themselves!

I wish I was, I still have a good 7 hours of work before me :(

What are everyone's thoughts on MIDA Multi-Tool? The "fires on a hair trigger" perk looks nice, but I don't know if its a worthwhile alternative to VoC.

omfg. I just used 23 strange coins to get Mida Multi Tool. And on my first strike, first time using my new Mida, what do I get?

Mida Multi Tool #2.

Man. But now I have to ask myself if I ever would have gotten it at all if not from Xur.

What the actual fuck xur. This shit is not random. Warlock roll is bugged.

It is littered with hate. We get none of the good stuff.

omfg. I just used 23 strange coins to get Mida Multi Tool. And on my first strike, first time using my new Mida, what do I get?

Mida Multi Tool #2.

Man. But now I have to ask myself if I ever would have gotten it at all if not from Xur.

Rahool laughs

On a Stream recently (I really can't remember which) Deej was there playing some crucible matches with the guys who run it I guess. He CONFIRMED that it is not random. There are people at Bungie who decide which items Xur will sell. THIS is what pisses me off. I can deal with RNG bullshit otherwise I would've stopped playing a looong time ago.

Seriously? WTF! That has to be a misquote. I can believe they have some control over it, but wouldn't actually do it. To cherry pick like that is antithetical to everything they say this games loot is based on.

Pack it up boys, Gjallerhorn isn't coming from Xur again.

HighOnPCP

Seriously? WTF! That has to be a misquote. I can believe they have some control over it, but wouldn't actually do it. To cherry pick like that is antithetical to everything they say this games loot is based on.

Pack it up boys, Gjallerhorn isn't coming from Xur again.

I will search for the stream archive and when I find it I'll post it in this thread.

Edit: The archive is gone...but here is the page where it was linked, also I've watched it and he said it, trust me. This is bullshit man.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/76751884/0/0/1

Shito

Mida Multi Tool #2.

I would actually love for this to happen to me: could give the second one to my alt! :3
Buy one get two!

dont worry from now on, everytime you do the raid you will get the titan arms.

( -̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷄◞ω◟-̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷅ )

I would actually love for this to happen to me: could give the second one to my alt! :3
Buy one get two!

Yeah I cant complain too much it's just that it was my first exotic drop after 200+ hours so it was a little frustrating after just spending the coins to get one. I do like the thing though so it's ok. I didnt even think I'd use it but I probably will. Love the fast reload right off the bat with it.

How I know where Xur is every week:
5qa5JvU.jpg

I can't even see him through the crowd lol

EL CUCO

Xur, you only had one job if you weren't going to bring Gjallahorn. Heavy weapon ammo...and you fucked it up there too.

And WOW at Void Vestments again!

If RNG is out to get me, Xur will sell Gjallerhorn next week when I am out of town for Thanksgiving and unable to log in and buy it.

Now that I think about it, that's exactly what he'll do.

Grinded the IB for two days to get to rank 4 and buy the gloves, because I needed them to get to Lv. 30.
Do the raid as soon as I am lv. 30, get raidgloves.

Lol it's funny that I ran the Raid Monday and FINALLY got my gauntlets after a month of trying and then a day later IB pops up with better looking shit and perks more suited to what I run.

Oh well, hit rank 4 and finally bought those sweet ass wolf gloves. Now to decide to keep pushing for rank 5 to get the shader/guns or nah...

Also fuck Xur for not bringing a Hunter helmet for my alt.

So according to the weekly update Thorn is gonna be getting put back to normal and then some?

Worryingly though he said it went from 5 per tick to 3 per tick. No. It actually went from 7 per tick to 3 per tick.

Awwwwwww yeah, MIDA tool! Now I just need Plan C to complete my exotic collection

Anyone else saving up on motes of light for the new exotics that will come along with the DLC?

chewydogg

MIDA Multi-tool?

I am OK with this. I love scout rifles, so that has been my most wanted exotic weapon (next to GHorn of course). And now that I have it, VoC will most assuredly drop for me in the raid finally. Thank you, Xur! You da man!

Steroyd

So I'm happily IB rank 4, buying the class item, using IB to gain exp and upgrade my non maxed weapons...

Suddenly I can't unlock perks on my weapons... look at my glimmer count and it's 39... thirty fucking nine, and the IB weapons are 11k each... the glimmer limit is 25k... I feel like I should have bitched about the glimmer cap as much as the bounty limit, jeez us Chris T, I never thought I'd see the day where I would have to farm glimmer of all things.

Kydd BlaZe

Oh man! Based Xur bringing the goods lately. The Last Word last week, and now the Mida Multi Tool! Been wanting that scout rifle for a while now (scout rifles are my favorite guns in the game). Also been on the prowl for Young Ahamkara's Spine as well. They just look super badass on Hunters. Gonna buy the No Back Up Plans too, just because I don't have any exotic gauntlets for my titan yet. Bummer about the Voidfang Vestements though. Already have that for my Warlock. Gonna buy everything else though!

Bluenova

Neo Member
Hmm anyone think those Spine gaunlets are due to be buffed? I've read they are weak, but imma go look at em..lol no Multitool, I have UR and AE for a primary..

panda-zebra

Lack of activity in thread not too promising... check xur... midarse.

urgh.

one of the few exotics I couldn't even be arsed levelling. Will probably still be sat there neglected long after even super good advice is 300.

And not even a token something for a warlock to level just because. Some Warlock or other must have done a very bad thing to old fish face at some point, guy holds a grudge.

MIDA Multi-tool?

I am OK with this. I love scout rifles, so that has been my most wanted exotic weapon (next to GHorn of course). And now that I have it, VoC will most assuredly drop for me in the raid finally. Thank you, Xur! You da man!

I wish I had your optimism. I have resigned myself to the fate of not having VoC or Gjally.

KeRaSh

Haha, I finally know why I don't get good raid drops. Someone at Bungie is watching my every move and keeps pressing the ASS MATERIALS ONLY button whenever I'm playing.

void666

Banned
Bought mida, no backup plan and the hunter gauntlet. I had 131 coins so why not? Not happy but not entirely disappointed either.
I hope to buy ice breaker next week. Need a 3rd one.

Jinjo

Rank 4 in IB, the buff is getting really good now. Will easily hit rank 5 (already 800 rep in). Now to farm strikes for glimmer, ugh.

Bought the Young Ahamkara's because their discipline is higher than the previous set it got from a engram. Multi-tool is great when fully upgraded.

blackflag

Nice my daughter got Mida from IB yesterday but she only had 4 coins any way.

I've gotten it 3 times from the raid but I hate the thing and personally think it's terrible.

Happy with No Backup Plans. Gonna buy cuz they look cool. There's nothing I really need anymore besides Gjallahorn and Fatebringer and Xur isn't gonna sell at least one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom