• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bit ridiculous.... I'm a heavy fusion rifle user, but that has never happened to me.

Were you a few levels below him? Because I find people shotgunning me from twice the normal range.

I was 29 and this is definately not the first time I'm killed at such an extreme range. Final rest, Plan C, Light/Beware and 77 Wizard come to mind.

Shito

And can we rename Firebase Delphi to Firebase Clusterfuck? Or at least something along those lines.
Disclaimer: not a pvp player, grinding Iron Banner a bit for the boots and gloves. Plays with random and no mic.

If we're bravo team I usually just stay at C to protect it from the few people trying to flank us / capture it, knowing full well that my team is probably going to lose because capturing and holding B coming from C is quite difficult.
If we're alpha team, I enjoy the fact that I have a chance at winning this map, all the while having to deal with the clusterfuck that A and B are.

Still don't know what to think when this map pops up in the rotation. ^^

Yea, I haven't upgraded it and bought it based on people's rec but the recharge is so damn slow.

I´ve got one with accelerated coils and solar damage from an engram, i need to upgrade it, should be a good bet for the crucible, but Perun´s Fire caught my attention now...sadly not nearly enough glimmer for that one.

jett

D-Member
This could possibly be due to habit. I have recently got a Final Rest that was better than my blue Dammerung in pretty much every stat, but I am still getting more kills with the latter...

I guess you just gotta use the IB one more often till you get used to it and give the latter to a alt or something

Yeah...also, my Dammerung was a void rifle. Disintegrating into the ether is much more satisfying than being scorched. :(

gdt

Xur ain't selling shit I want, but I did roll on an exotic engram and got the Warlock Helmet I need! I'll be sorry to take off Heart of Praxic Fire but oh well.

It'll go nicely with the raid chest piece he got yesterday.

Rank 4 in IB, the buff is getting really good now. Will easily hit rank 5 (already 800 rep in). Now to farm strikes for glimmer, ugh.

First mars mission, put the first modifier on, put the cabal buff item on, kill a bunch of them in the first area of the story, kill yourself before you kill them all, rinse, repeat. Got 10000 in an hour doing that.

gdt

Anybody down for a quick hard raid from the gatekeeper checkpoint? We were so tired last night it wasn't happening.

1.gdt (ps4 gdt5016)

He sold Light Beyond Nemesis once or twice.

I guess I'll just wait it out. Maybe I can gather up the needed motes, but those have been avoiding me as well this week.

Edit: Whoa..just checked on B.net and I have 27 motes. Where did they come from? I must have had some on an alt and vaulted them without noticing.

Manp

I was 29 and this is definately not the first time I'm killed at such an extreme range. Final rest, Plan C, Light/Beware and 77 Wizard come to mind.

i'm a lvl 29 and my Light/Beware is definitely not able to 1 hit kill from that distance... it's not maxed but sometimes it take 2 shots from half that distance

Should I grind out the 5 more strange coins I'd need to buy a MIDA or just use vanguard points and pick up the Steaksauce?

how do you grind strange coins? the only way i know to get them is luck or by doing nightfall... unless you mean getting an alt up to the level needed to play nightfall

phen0m24

i'm a lvl 29 and my Light/Beware is definitely not able to 1 hit kill from that distance... it's not maxed but sometimes it take 2 shots from half that distance

how do you grind strange coins?

Have 3 alts. Do 3 28 weeklies.

Welcome to the grind...

Pickman

how do you grind strange coins? the only way i know to get them is luck or by doing nightfall... unless you mean getting an alt up to the level needed to play nightfall

Nah, I mean doing shit like waking the hive and getting a gang of blue engrams to turn in, some of which will turn into strange coins.

Hmmph, i´m thinking about doing the third and last nightfall before buying anything from Xür, i don´t trust this game, i´m sure it will try to troll me and give me the MIDA or the Young Ahamkara after buying them.

Try Final Rest. This wasn't IB either.
oMulUba.gif

At this point, I am essentially buying Grimoire points from Xur. I have such a baglog of exotic weapons I haven't even shot a single bullet from, let alone leveled enough to enjoy them. I have absolutely no desire to farm materials anymore. I want my time with Destiny to be focused around actual objectives and co-op play, like NF, weeklies and VoG. If I am going to just fuck around in a game, I am gonna fire up GTA V now. They need to implement a new material system asap. For now, I will just XP level some shit as best I can.

Fake edit: Just checked, 7 exotics with zero XP or a single shot fired from them. I still don't even have all my "core" legendary weapons fully leveled yet. Fucking hell, the grind is real. Bungie is going to quickly find out there is a fine line between padding your game by increasing grinds and completely pushing a huge chunk of your player base away from your game because it sucks the joy from the game.

I hate the seven round clip on the Lash but I've rerolled it three times already. It's got rangefinder, stability, and third eye, so should I be happy or should I keep rerolling? I've got 30 motes of light.

Never gotten a blue from that. Do you need to set the level as high as it can go for blues to drop?

A previous patch made a cool down on engram quality immediately following a death. This prevents farming "good" as in blue and above engrams from the wake the hive and previously, the Shrine. You can occasionally get a blue engram from wake the hive, but the odds are pretty nerfed when dying so often. If you want blues, do tiger strikes.

Ourobolus

Banned
Man, I'm going on a Xur shopping spree when I get home. I've got 49 Strange Coins (once I finish one more weekly) and 51 motes of light.

No Backup Plans = 13 Coins
Young Ahamkara’s Spine = 13 Coins
MIDA Multi-Tool = 23 Coins
= 49 Coins

2 Exotic Helms (unless I get a Warlock one on the first roll...)

Is there a website where you can enter your gamertag and it will compile a list of all the weapons you own and the total amount of materials you need to level them?

bosseye

I'm into the grind for Ass Shards now. Still need about 18 to finally fully upgrade all my legendary armour and I assume, hit lvl 29.

From there I guess its Raid gear.

blackflag

Are the rank 5 IB weapons very good? I'm rank 3 now and I bought the boots to get my last character to 30. Not sure I should bother continuing since I've got a lot of materials to farm before Tuesday

LiK

I accidentally bought the same sash last night. Wasted 3k glimmer, sigh. Maybe I'll just farm some Spiriti Bloom to max out my Corrective Measure before I jump back into IB tonight.

patchday

Last night started an IB team on GAF with my L29 Hunter, we go 0-5
This morning join randoms with my L29 Titan and go 2-0

wtf

Oh btw, Xur had two exotic armors did not have for my titan & hunter. down to 14 coins now after that spending spree.

I got Mida a long time ago and its almost always my primary. Absolutely wrecks shit. I dont even need to use sniper rifles.

Don't sleep on MIDA people!
This is very true. I got mine on a Nightfall some weeks back and even though it's not fully leveled, it's great. I enjoy using it way more than my leveled Cryptic Dragon. Alas, The Last Word is going to be used for quite some time.

Which exotic bounty to complete? Bad Juju or SGA? Can't remember reading anything good about Bad Juju. Is SGA decent?
If it helps, Super Good Advice takes very little time to complete and you don't need to go into PvP at all for the bounty (you need Xur, though). I still have an unfinished Bad JuJu bounty sitting in my queue because I'm not ready to attempt all those void kills in Crucible.

LiK

Why bungie. Why?
tGbhD9f.gif

Why team. Why? (I lost)

LOL, that's is pretty sad. Nothing sucks more than being grouped with a bunch of scrubs.

This is very true. I got mine on a Nightfall some weeks back and even though it's not fully leveled, it's great. I enjoy using it way more than my leveled Cryptic Dragon. Alas, The Last Word is going to be used for quite some time.

If it helps, Super Good Advice takes very little time to complete and you don't need to go into PvP at all for the bounty (you need Xur, though). I still have an unfinished Bad JuJu bounty sitting in my queue because I'm not ready to attempt all those void kills in Crucible.

You're confusing Bad Juju bounty with Thorn.

Last night started an IB team on GAF with my L29 Hunter, we go 0-5
This morning join randoms with my L29 Titan and go 2-0

wtf

Oh btw, Xur had two exotic armors did not have for my titan & hunter. down to 14 coins now after that spending spree.
It's why they are called randoms

realcZk

If you don't already have MIDA and can afford it, you might as well pick it up. Bungie might buff it to make it a little more valuable in PvE, I think we will see a lot more exotic tweaks than what's expected (thorn/bad juju). It's already got a great TTK in PvP because of the high RoF, so if scout rifles in PvP are your jam you should give it a try. Radar on while ADS as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom