• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

So the Iron Banner "Tempered" boost is at 40% today? Can anyone confirm?

10% - 15% - 25% .. 40% ..

Increased by 5, then by 10, then by 15 if 40% is correct today. That means tomorrow will be 60%, then 85% on Sunday, then 115% on Monday.

Mupod

doubt I'll be able to come up with the 23 motes to roll for a helmet this week, since iron banner is gonna eat up a few more of my motes.

Not really interested in the MIDA so I'll save my coins for next week. Sucks still not having an exotic though.

LiK

So the Iron Banner "Tempered" boost is at 40% today? Can anyone confirm?

10% - 15% - 25% .. 40% ..

Increased by 5, then by 10, then by 15 if 40% is correct today. That means tomorrow will be 60%, then 85% on Sunday, then 115% on Monday.

Dang really? Makes playing the first day feel like a waste of time if people were just wanting to rank up.

Navid

Sorry, already full. We merged groups.
No worries. I'll go back to completing my bounties... :)

Speaking of bounties, for the 20 multi-fusion rifle kills; if you do it with the Mythoclast does it only count when you hold the fire button in the whole time through or will it count while the kills are done before reloading the magazine?

Jainc78

Banned
No worries. I'll go back to completing my bounties... :)

Speaking of bounties, for the 20 multi-fusion rifle kills; if you do it with the Mythoclast does it only count when you hold the fire button in the whole time through or will it count while the kills are done before reloading the magazine?

Kills have to be done in a trigger hold.

Born2Live

Two spots for Ib steam roll.

Psn: astropoff

Can I join you. I've sent you a FR - Ty_84.

If it helps, Super Good Advice takes very little time to complete and you don't need to go into PvP at all for the bounty (you need Xur, though). I still have an unfinished Bad JuJu bounty sitting in my queue because I'm not ready to attempt all those void kills in Crucible.

Thanks, I'll probably go for SGA if that's the case.

realcZk

Dang really? Makes playing the first day feel like a waste of time if people were just wanting to rank up.

I just farmed a ton of helium yesterday, it'll probably feel like a waste of time once they add the "new material economies". But with Bungie time, we can't afford to wait.

LiK

I just farmed a ton of helium yesterday, it'll probably feel like a waste of time once they add the "new material economies". But with Bungie time, we can't afford to wait.

I'm hoping to reach Rank 5 tonight and then farm glimmer to buy the shaders before it's over. Don't care about the leg and arms that much.

realcZk

I'm hoping to reach Rank 5 tonight and then farm glimmer to buy the shaders before it's over. Don't care about the leg and arms that much.

don't you want the tree print leather leggings and the pinstripe gloves man? gotta express our inner pimpswag somehow

blazeuk

Got an exotic bounty today and the only one I haven't got yet is the Bad Juju so started that. I'm 1 strike in out of the 25 I need to do and I've already had enough...doesn't help that the majority of strikes you join end up with at least one person just sitting down at the start and hoping the other 2 do all the work for them.

Manp

Nah, I mean doing shit like waking the hive and getting a gang of blue engrams to turn in, some of which will turn into strange coins.

yeah, so luck :|

Try Final Rest. This wasn't IB either.
oMulUba.gif

jesus

btw i hate this game... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X0Ic7AJhzo

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Maybe an unexciting week for Xur, but a good one for collectors; both the MIDA Multi-Tool and Young Ahamkara's Spine are first-time appearances in his inventory. Young Ahamkara's Spine is an underrated Exotic in my opinion- the tripmines really last a long time, you can often walk a way and get a kill on the other side of the map, and any kills with them get you right quick to golden gun. Unfortunately, a major asset of theirs, Special Weapon Reload- which can REALLY improve certain builds- seems to be broken from the 1.0.3 patch :(

Just No Backup Plans for me, something I really wanted at least- and I'll get to save up a bit to regain some buying power (cleaned myself out last week!)

Crazy how Motes are way, way too valuable right now to spend on an engram!

Which exotic bounty to complete? Bad Juju or SGA? Can't remember reading anything good about Bad Juju. Is SGA decent?

Neither are good in their current state, but both are due for a buff before the expansion hits. So at this point, which do you prefer?

A scout rifle or a machine gun?

In getting home this week after being away on a business trip all week. How feasible is it for a mediocre pvp player to hit level 4 in 2 days? How many hours should I Hebert to put in?

realcZk

Maybe an unexciting week for Xur, but a good one for collectors; both the MIDA Multi-Tool and Young Ahamkara's Spine are first-time appearances in his inventory. Young Ahamkara's Spine is an underrated Exotic in my opinion- the tripmines really last a long time, you can often walk a way and get a kill on the other side of the map, and any kills with them get you right quick to golden gun. Unfortunately, a major asset of theirs, Special Weapon Reload- which can REALLY improve certain builds- seems to be broken from the 1.0.3 patch :(

Just No Backup Plans for me, something I really wanted at least- and I'll get to save up a bit to regain some buying power (cleaned myself out last week!)

Haha yep, saving mine to reroll some IB weapons if I ever see any drop.

Shito

Maybe an unexciting week for Xur
As a scout rifles lover, this is not what I've deduced from what I've heard of my scout rifles lover fellows. :)
This is the most exciting Xur week for me, right with the Ice Breaker week. <3

In getting home this week after being away on a business trip all week. How feasible is it for a mediocre pvp player to hit level 4 in 2 days? How many hours should I Hebert to put in?
I'm pretty mediocre myself.
I am at 2 and a half after three nights of 2~3 hours of play, buying each day the boost and doing 3 bounties out of 6 (the 3 other ones are too hardcore for me).
If that can give you an idea...

Jinjo

I'm saving up all my motes till the dlc hits. (Aside from buying the tempered buff that is) Thinking about stocking up on exotic engrams before and then decrypt when dlc hits or just save the motes and buy the engrams after the dlc in case Bungie gives seperate exotic engrams for dlc content. What do you guys think?

Got my IB gear, only one more rank for the shader but that should be easy with tomorrow's bounties (already 800 rep in). Farmed the rep, farmed the glimmer and now I have the gear I don't know why I bothered. Already level 30 since ages lol.

How did you make it to rank 5 and not have enough glimmer? Did you buy a weapon? Or were you already level 3 from last iron banner?

I've earned about 12k glimmer so far during the grind and i'm not even halfway to level 4.

Knucklehead Radar + max Hawkmoon + newly lvl 30 hunter = a lot of fun in IB. I feel kinda spoiled having radar with Hawk ads.

I also finished off my holy trinity of maxed exotic handcannons yesterday when I added Thorn to TLW and HM. Also have TDYK, an explosive round LHF and Timur's lash dropped yesterday. Just need Fatebringer now. :D My hunter is a happy chappy.

Question does anybody know the MIDA multitool actually aid farming mats? I read this donkeys ago but it seems it may have just been an early excitable rumour?

Nah that stuff was a myth. It's basicly a compass.

Noes!!!! :(
Dammit I was hoping there was something to reduce that pain, got the raid Titan chest last night and I'm looking at an 80 relic iron run soon.

Thanks for the answer Jinjo!

Is there anyone willing to do some low level playing. I will be getting the game next week and will be playing it for the first time. I'm kind of in the dark on how to go about leveling so any advice or players who want to team up would be fantastic!

This is PS4 by the way. Add me if you'd like! Kill_Deaf_Radio

LiK

How did you make it to rank 5 and not have enough glimmer? Did you buy a weapon? Or were you already level 3 from last iron banner?

I've earned about 12k glimmer so far during the grind and i'm not even halfway to level 4.

I was already Rank 2 from last IB, so yea, not enough money.

Hoodbury

I accidentally bought the same sash last night. Wasted 3k glimmer, sigh. Maybe I'll just farm some Spiriti Bloom to max out my Corrective Measure before I jump back into IB tonight.

I noticed the rank 4 IB sash is the same one I already have on. Was it the rank 2 one from the previous Iron banner?

Ourobolus

Banned
Damn, lots of 5000 exp Vanguard bounties today.

Sweet. I've got a Hawkmoon and some boots to level.
Good, sick of the pathetic 2500xp bounties. I still laugh when I see Valus bounty for 2500xp. No thanks.

I don't get these. If it's a story end-boss, make it 5000. If it's a mid-boss, make it 2500. Most of the time it's the exact opposite though.
I love when I see the one for the first Lv 6 mid-boss on the Sword of Crota mission though. Easy 5000xp.

I thought Valus was always 5k but the other strike bosses were 2.5k. Maybe I'm just being optimistic.

Nope, Valus was 2.5k. I picked up the bounty maybe a week ago without looking at the XP because I assumed it was 5k... I mean, come on, it's Valus. Luckily, I noticed the issue before playing through the strike.

Hold square to abandon.

LiK

Nope, Valus was 2.5k. I picked up the bounty maybe a week ago without looking at the XP because I assumed it was 5k... I mean, come on, it's Valus. Luckily, I noticed the issue before playing through the strike.

Hold square to abandon.

Valus should be 7500xp haha

EL CUCO

My friend got Plan-C as an Iron Banner drop last night. I've never had anything better than a strange coin drop at any point in the Crucible :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom