• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bungie is going to quickly find out there is a fine line between padding your game by increasing grinds and completely pushing a huge chunk of your player base away from your game because it sucks the joy from the game.
So, when's the game gonna die?
Knucklehead Radar + max Hawkmoon + newly lvl 30 hunter = a lot of fun in IB. I feel kinda spoiled having radar with Hawk ads.

I also finished off my holy trinity of maxed exotic handcannons yesterday when I added Thorn to TLW and HM. Also have TDYK, an explosive round LHF and Timur's lash dropped yesterday. Just need Fatebringer now. :D My hunter is a happy chappy.
Haha, Knucklemoon ftw. that's my primary build.
Sweet. I've got a Hawkmoon and some boots to level.

I don't get these. If it's a story end-boss, make it 5000. If it's a mid-boss, make it 2500. Most of the time it's the exact opposite though.
I love when I see the one for the first Lv 6 mid-boss on the Sword of Crota mission though. Easy 5000xp.
Um, could you take a screenshot of that the next time you encounter that?

I specifically used that bounty as an example of one that was 2500 and deserved to be 2500 (Kill Banuk, Ur Prince), when it was claimed that it was "nerfed" unfairly from 5000. It takes under 3 minutes to complete and the last time I did it, I'm absolutely positive it was for 2500.

If you're correct, it's possible the rep/xp amounts for story bounties rotate.

Daemul

Good, sick of the pathetic 2500xp bounties. I still laugh when I see Valus bounty for 2500xp. No thanks.

That's not even the worst one. The kill 3 enemies with a single super 20 times bounty is worth 2500 fucking xp.It should be worth closer to 25000xp.

Hoodbury

You need to go to bed and rest up for more IB tomorrow. Takes a lot of energy to carry us.

lol PvP is all fun but if it was work it'd be a pretty sweet gig
We need to work on our twilight gap

Thanks for playing with us last night.

When we all quit I went to the tower to turn in bounties and I was 40 points away from rank 4 so I went and did one more match with randoms to see if I could get a quick win. Join the match mid game and immediately get the 10 kills in a row bounty complete.

Heh, don't know what it is about playing with a full party where I didn't go positive once with you guys I don't think, just assist after assist. But then I play with randoms and go on a tear killing everything in site.

Finally 30! Gotta love that 0 INT lol.

Bad pic, I cant seem to get the 3D rendering to work in any browser. Tried IE, Firefox and Chrome. Only renders in Chrome.

Frenden

Banned
The Ahamkara Spine gloves are amazing. I've had them maxed for weeks. With a max discipline build, your grenade cooldown fills just as your placed tripmine expires. You now have unlimited PVP claymores or unlimited area denial in PVE.

Remember that raid video where the fella closed a channel of enemy movement with a box? Imagine unlimited explosive boxes that route mobs where you want them to go.

It boggles my mind to see folks crapping on them--it pained me to swap them out for Iron Banner gear so that I could wear an exotic chest to reach 30. They totally change how the hunter plays.

Thanks for playing with us last night.

When we all quit I went to the tower to turn in bounties and I was 40 points away from rank 4 so I went and did one more match with randoms to see if I could get a quick win. Join the match mid game and immediately get the 10 kills in a row bounty complete.

Heh, don't know what it is about playing with a full party where I didn't go positive once with you guys I don't think, just assist after assist. But then I play with randoms and go on a tear killing everything in site.

Ha. Funny you say that. Whenever I play with randoms in PvP, which is very rare, I go on a tear for some reason. Last night I literally couldn't get out of my own way. I think it's because I'm busy shooting the shit with everyone because I know them and I lose concentration... or at least that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it...

We'll be rocking and rolling again. Or at least Byte will and I'll just be dicking around per usual.

Strider

I like it. For PVE, it's really good. For PVP, that depends on how good you are with Scout Rifles but I did well with it. Hair trigger perk makes a difference.

How would you compare it to Vision of Confluence for PvP? That gun is beastly if you ask me so if Mida is similar I'm happy with that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It'll try to remember to do some of my own research to confirm, but at a glance this list on DestinyGameWiki matches up with my impressions. The app doesn't show the reward amounts for bounties so if anyone wants to take a minute to check- if any of these are wrong compared to bounties offered in-game currently, then the XP/rep amounts can change for a given bounty.

I dunno how the Strike values were assigned; this lists Devil's Lair and Phogoth as 5000, but Nexus and Archon Priest as 2500 (definitely remember seeing Nexus for 2500). However, it does show Valus Ta'aurc as 5000.

The story missions are all listed at what I expected. There are two for the Sword of Crota mission: Banuk, Ur Prince, who you kill before even entering a respawn restricted area, is 2500, whereas Merok, Eir Prince is one of the three you kill with the sword at the end and worth 5000. All other Story-related ones are listed as 5000.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Ahamkara Spine gloves are amazing. I've had them maxed for weeks. With a max discipline build, your grenade cooldown fills just as your placed tripmine expires. You now have unlimited PVP claymores or unlimited area denial in PVE.

Remember that raid video where the fella closed a channel of enemy movement with a box? Imagine unlimited explosive boxes that route mobs where you want them to go.

It boggles my mind to see folks crapping on them--it pained me to swap them out for Iron Banner gear so that I could wear an exotic chest to reach 30. They totally change how the hunter plays.
I agree, they're wonderful. They look cool and you can see them during the melee animation too
B1-bZLbIcAIOc0v.jpg:large
It is possible the massive die off has already happened. It could have happened two weeks after launch. Has there been any daily active player numbers shared by them?
Uh oh.

LordofPwn

It'll try to remember to do some of my own research to confirm, but at a glance this list on DestinyGameWiki matches up with my impressions. The app doesn't show the reward amounts for bounties so if anyone wants to take a minute to check- if any of these are wrong compared to bounties offered in-game currently, then the XP/rep amounts can change for a given bounty.

I dunno how the Strike values were assigned; this lists Devil's Lair and Phogoth as 5000, but Nexus and Archon Priest as 2500 (definitely remember seeing Nexus for 2500). However, it does show Valus Ta'aurc as 5000.

The story missions are all listed at what I expected. There are two for the Sword of Crota mission: Banuk, Ur Prince, who you kill before even entering a respawn restricted area, is 2500, whereas Merok, Eir Prince is one of the three you kill with the sword at the end and worth 5000. All other Story-related ones are listed as 5000.

Isnt the archive mission servitor 2500, and the Mind in the Black Garden?

Shito

This is a suspicion I had recently as well, but didn't bother checking on yet.
I could swear I once told myself "oh, killing a 'semi-boss' in a mission is 2500, and a boss 5000, that makes sense", but lately I've seen cases that didn't match that. I start to believe the rewards are also affected by our lord and savior RNGesus...

So there is still nothing else worth using motes on if you give zero fucks about IB, right? I'm really tempted to get helmet engrams to try and get Saint-14 and as I'm a Warlock would probably have excellent odds ;) On the other hand, I'm paranoid something from the DLC will require it as a currency. I should probably just be patient and wait for it to pop up again considering my Titan is only level 8 anyway.

Voidfang again? What a surprise! I want to laugh since based Rahool gave me Praxic and Xur can't hurt me anymore but I feel bad for Todd as I know that pain so well :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Isnt the archive mission servitor 2500, and the Mind in the Black Garden?
Hmm, not sure myself, but that servitor (Simiks-3) would make sense to be 2500, he's at the very beginning. I don't remember anything having to do with the Black Garden not being 5000, though.
Nothing from Xur this week. Will buy a few heavy ammo packs and call it.
I heard he doesn't even have those!
So there is still nothing else worth using motes on if you give zero fucks about IB, right? I'm really tempted to get helmet engrams to try and get Saint-14 and as I'm a Warlock would probably have excellent odds ;) On the other hand, I'm paranoid something from the DLC will require it as a currency. I should probably just be patient and wait for it to pop up again considering my Titan is only level 8 anyway.

Voidfang again? What a surprise! I want to laugh since based Rahool gave me Praxic and Xur can't hurt me anymore but I feel bad for Todd as I know that pain so well :(
What did your engram become?! A couple energies?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Congrats to areal, our newest Guardian Lord. Missed the post in the night.

dat Tempered. gonna be a big weekend.
I'm at work so I'm just asking for opinions to help me with my decision. What do you recommend, Hawkbro? I'm thinking I should just be patient since there's no need for it just yet.
I mean the one that you got from the Weekly last night!

I forget, are you not doing any Iron Banner stuff? Your motes are probably better spent on Tempered and Reforges for the moment!

LiK

How would you compare it to Vision of Confluence for PvP? That gun is beastly if you ask me so if Mida is similar I'm happy with that.

I think VoC probably hits a lil harder. But the slower RoF was hard to get used to after using the MIDA for a while. If you like HCs, the MIDA is a nice alternative. You can shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger.

I mean the one that you got from the Weekly last night!

I forget, are you not doing any Iron Banner stuff? Your motes are probably better spent on Tempered and Reforges for the moment!

Oh! haha It's actually in the vault. It stayed purple but is for Hunters... I eventually plan on getting Platinum so I'll have to make a Hunter eventually and now he'll have a legendary chest and helmet waiting for him.

I don't bother with IB so no use there. I have zero use for their wares so the only point would be to feast on poor under-leveled souls. As there is no ranking system, don't care about that. Hopefully the patch for Halo MCC fixed the matchmaking problems, that's where PvP will be at! Halo 2 foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever!

LordofPwn

Those Who Have Become Legend (The Guardian Lords of GAF. Post your proof to be added!)
figadapaura
Namikaze1
todd360
Boguester
Steroyd
Ji66a-Man
GutZ31
LordofPwn
LiK
Stantron
iRAWRasaurus
areal

Sweet, we have enough for 2 Gaurdian Lord Raids! Who wants to Hard Raid tomorrow?

Ok found this from there

Here's the possible stats someone pulled using the time trick on Xur:
Helmets: 75-105min
Arms: 66-93min
Armor: 100-140min

So
No Backup Plans is 81str out of a possible 66-93, so a tiny bit above the middle
Young Ahamkara's Spine is 88 out of a possible 66-93, so close to the max possible
Voidfang Vestments is 116 out of 100-140, so below half possible

So for me since I'm just collecting, the spine is a maybe, but I don't think I'll get anything this week.

I may just buy the Hunter arms for that stat. The Nighfall arms I have are +73 discipline which is pretty crappy for a grenade build. I mean all of the perks are grenade based, but my raid gloves are way higher at +98.

So, last night I was hoping to play some IB and maybe close in on rank 3. Incidentally, I'm a lv 29 titan with no raid gear... in fact, I've only completed the raid once, and I only got Chatterwhite.

Anyway, so I'm doing pretty well in IB, and I get a message from the guys I ran the raid with before. They're 5/6 so I jump in, hoping they're right at Atheon. Nope, they're at the beginning, and they tell me that they actually JUST killed Atheon using some dude's checkpoint, so now they're going to run it again and stop at Atheon just to get the chests.

So, I figured what the hell, and stuck around. Short story, got some raid gloves... my first light 30 piece. Kinda wish I'd have played IB instead, because I like those gloves and boots better than Kabr's hand me downs. But I got a bunch of shards and that cellophane titan mark, too. And I'm now holding an Atheon checkpoint. Eh... shrug.

Manp

so i couldn't resist and got the MIDA... and you know i like it a lot. even with no upgrades for the little time i spent with the thing i think i like it a lot.

it's like finally having a weapon that can keep up with my pace with both the right stick and trigger, i pop headshots left and right :)

So, last night I was hoping to play some IB and maybe close in on rank 3. Incidentally, I'm a lv 29 titan with no raid gear... in fact, I've only completed the raid once, and I only got Chatterwhite.

Anyway, so I'm doing pretty well in IB, and I get a message from the guys I ran the raid with before. They're 5/6 so I jump in, hoping they're right at Atheon. Nope, they're at the beginning, and they tell me that they actually JUST killed Atheon using some dude's checkpoint, so now they're going to run it again and stop at Atheon just to get the chests.

So, I figured what the hell, and stuck around. Short story, got some raid gloves... my first light 30 piece. Kinda wish I'd have played IB instead, because I like those gloves and boots better than Kabr's hand me downs. But I got a bunch of shards and that cellophane titan mark, too. And I'm now holding an Atheon checkpoint. Eh... shrug.

I just started to raid, and I jump at the chance to do anything in the raid no matter how lame it is. I understand IB has some awesome shit, but I mean at least you got Atheon checkpoint and a chance at the chests before it. That is wicked enough.

Mupod

I did a few solo matches last night after our group went to bed and it seemed like I was playing against way worse players. Maybe they did implement some form of the pre-made group matching, or maybe I'm crazy. Lost anyways, but I did well on the scoreboard.

The funny thing is these medallions of shame will be nearly worth as much today as a win would have yesterday. Could be strategic to lose a bunch of rounds on sunday night and then turn them in on monday during the biggest possible bonus, heh

spyder_ur

So I got Corrective Measure last night - my only non-materials drop from either the 2 Nightfalls or the 2 raids I did. People like it, correct? Fills a Machine-Gun sized hole in my inventory.

I suppose I'll pick up MIDA. I have like 47 Coins so why not? Not sure how much I'll use it given it's taking the Exotic slot and I have an upgraded VoC, but we'll see.

Shito

so i couldn't resist and got the MIDA... and you know i like it a lot. even with no upgrades for the little time i spent with the thing i think i like it a lot.

it's like finally having a weapon that can keep up with my pace with both the right stick and trigger, i pop headshots left and right :)
I feel I'm going to be a happy puppy...
Gotta get those AR headshots bounties fast so I can use it!

Xur has been good to me. My two favorite primary weapon types are hand cannons and scout rifles and he did well to bring both to me. Now that he has been so generous if he could just bring Gala life would be grand.

I know that a lot of people say VOC is the way to go, but for a person just starting raids I think it is wicked cool that I have Mida.

EL CUCO

So I got Corrective Measure last night - my only non-materials drop from either the 2 Nightfalls or the 2 raids I did. People like it, correct? Fills a Machine-Gun sized hole in my inventory.

CM is a beast. When you upgrade it, you'll understand the praise.

I suppose I'll pick up MIDA. I have like 47 Coins so why not? Not sure how much I'll use it given it's taking the Exotic slot, but we'll see.

It's great. Still haven't got one. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom