• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I haven't received a Medallion of Iron yet. For all I know they aren't even in the game! :>

so i couldn't resist and got the MIDA... and you know i like it a lot. even with no upgrades for the little time i spent with the thing i think i like it a lot.

it's like finally having a weapon that can keep up with my pace with both the right stick and trigger, i pop headshots left and right :)

It's a great scout, I think it's underrated. Thing is, it's kind of significantly inferior as a scout rifle to Vision of Confluence, which is a legendary. Furthermore, if you can stomach a slightly lower reload speed (MIDA's is amazing), there are a ton of great scout rifles to choose from that are easy to get. I think it's trying to stake its claim to the Exotic status with the movement speed buff, which is significant- but hard to justify the slot for.

Still, if you're all in on Scout Rifles, it's a great one. I hope Dax is happy today, wherever she is.
CM is a beast. When you upgrade it, you'll understand the praise.
CM wrecks shop left and right out of the box.

Ourobolus

Banned
Um, could you take a screenshot of that the next time you encounter that?

I specifically used that bounty as an example of one that was 2500 and deserved to be 2500 (Kill Banuk, Ur Prince), when it was claimed that it was "nerfed" unfairly from 5000. It takes under 3 minutes to complete and the last time I did it, I'm absolutely positive it was for 2500.

If you're correct, it's possible the rep/xp amounts for story bounties rotate.

Huh, maybe I'm mistaken. I know I did it yesterday, but it very well could have been 2500xp. I swear it was 5000xp before though...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Huh, maybe I'm mistaken. I know I did it yesterday, but it very well could have been 2500xp. I swear it was 5000xp before though...
Bear in mind there are two bounties for that same Story mission- and they're named pretty similarly too (Banuk, Ur Prince and Merok, Eir Prince). The latter is 5000.

Bear in mind there are two bounties for that same Story mission- and they're named pretty similarly too (Banuk, Ur Prince and Merok, Eir Prince). The latter is 5000.

Now that you bring this up, and me looking into it your freaking right... Damn you destiny and your similar mission structures.

Also speaking of things related to the moon. Is it just me or is Helium the easiest material to farm for. You can't go the length of 3 moon rovers without running into the stuff.

Ourobolus

Banned

No, I get that. But for instance, another piss-easy one is the one where you have to kill the Servitor in a Venus mission (forget which one). He's like right there once you enter the underground area, and I'm 100% positive it's a 5000xp bounty.

zewone

So, when's the game gonna die?

Haha, Knucklemoon ftw. that's my primary build.

Um, could you take a screenshot of that the next time you encounter that?

I specifically used that bounty as an example of one that was 2500 and deserved to be 2500 (Kill Banuk, Ur Prince), when it was claimed that it was "nerfed" unfairly from 5000. It takes under 3 minutes to complete and the last time I did it, I'm absolutely positive it was for 2500.

If you're correct, it's possible the rep/xp amounts for story bounties rotate.
I did the bounty the past two nights. It's 5,000.

Got an exotic bounty today and the only one I haven't got yet is the Bad Juju so started that. I'm 1 strike in out of the 25 I need to do and I've already had enough...doesn't help that the majority of strikes you join end up with at least one person just sitting down at the start and hoping the other 2 do all the work for them.

Weekly and NF count x2

The 22 weekly is the fastest way to grind it

Axoman

Another week of disappointment for me.

Nothing good from Nightfall/Weekly - got my second Dr. Nope, yeah!
Normal raid - No chest armor which I need for 30. But I got a Hezens Vengeance and my 3rd Atheon's Epilogue.

I really wish I could do the hard raid at a chance at the raid helmet, as I could get to 30 that way as well. Trying to find people to help with hard raid is proving quite difficult for me, I'm on XB1, too bad I'm not PS4, as it seems like there are a lot of good guys on PS4 in this thread that would help.

And then Xur provides nothing of interest, still hoping that he'll sell the ice breaker and gjallarhorn again someday.

LiK

Oh fuck, forgot that I can easily do the Pocket Infinity bounty in this week's NF at the starting area. I think I'll do that before I bother with IB tonight. Need to get that over with.

Straid

So what's the deal with the compass on the mida? Because it doesn't point north, i tried to compare it with the compass on the suros and it points in a different direction.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No, I get that. But for instance, another piss-easy one is the one where you have to kill the Servitor in a Venus mission (forget which one). He's like right there once you enter the underground area, and I'm 100% positive it's a 5000xp bounty.
That one is listed as 5000, and you're right it is piss-easy (it's the Archive, but before you even get in). But LordofPwn said that one was 2500 so it's up in the air for the moment whether or not it's possible for the values to change.
I did the bounty the past two nights. It's 5,000.
Hmm, what you're telling me in that case isn't that the bounty in question- Banuk, Ur Prince and NOT Merok, Eir Prince- is worth 5000. You're telling me that the bounty XP amounts for a given bounty can change. I'm absolutely, 15000% positive it was 2500 the last time I paid attention to it

Had to go back to OT8 for this, when everyone was losing their heads because "Bungie nerfed all the bounties."
Why the fuck did the Heroic Story bounties get nerfed? They used to give 100 rep/5000 exp, but all of the sudden they give 50 rep/2500 exp. The only reason I even bothered doing most of them was because of the 100 rep/5000 exp, now I can't be arsed anymore.

This isn't the first time Bungie has pulled this shit, a couple of bounties rep/exp amounts were nerfed soon after the games release. Yes Bungie, I fucking noticed.
When did the bounties get nerfed? If you guys are referring to the sword of crota bounty from today, that one has always been 2500.
Hawkian said:
lol just got it, this bounty is to kill banok, ur prince, it's before you even get into the shrine let alone the sword part, not even a respawn restricted area. it isn't worth more than 2500xp... but who knows. if none are ever 5000xp again, strike me down
That specific bounty has always been 2500, so I think people are just confused.

I pretty much need to see evidence of the Banuk, Ur Prince bounty being 5000. Anyone reading, next time you note this, please take a screenshot. This will prove that bounty XP amounts can change day-to-day.

Gonna level up Timu's Lash since I got Field Scout. I also got the IB fusion rifle in arc and Hammer Forged. Will report back how much the Lash has once upgraded.

zewone

So what's the deal with the compass on the mida? Because it doesn't point north, i tried to compare it with the compass on the suros and it points in a different direction.

I don't think anyone's figured it out. People thought it pointed to materials or chests.

I'm hoping Bungie buffs MIDA to do that.

zewone

That one is listed as 5000, and you're right it is piss-easy (it's the Archive, but before you even get in). But LordofPwn said that one was 2500 so it's up in the air for the moment whether or not it's possible for the values to change.

Hmm, what you're telling me in that case isn't that the bounty in question- Banuk, Ur Prince and NOT Merok, Eir Prince- is worth 5000. You're telling me that the bounty XP amounts for a given bounty can change. I'm absolutely, 15000% positive it was 2500 the last time I paid attention to it

He's the first prince right? The one before you enter the darkness zone. The past two nights I had it and it was an easy 5000 for sure, because I made sure to change characters and complete it to max my Horn because it was so easy. If it was 2500 I would have just went to bed.

EL CUCO

MIDA point to the nearest SUROS

SUROS points to the nearest MIDA
N2qRJ3l.jpg

Manp

I feel I'm going to be a happy puppy...
Gotta get those AR headshots bounties fast so I can use it!
i'm talking strictly about PvE, don't know about PvP.

Xur has been good to me. My two favorite primary weapon types are hand cannons and scout rifles and he did well to bring both to me. Now that he has been so generous if he could just bring Gala life would be grand.

I know that a lot of people say VOC is the way to go, but for a person just starting raids I think it is wicked cool that I have Mida.

i have a fully upgraded VoC and i like it too... it's my go to weapon for the hardest parts in PvE. Mida feels so light compared to it.
in PvP VoC feels useless to me... ARs and HCs are much better.

Gahh why does Swarm and Thunderlord have so few reserve rounds.
i got a solar Swarm from... i have no idea where actually, and it has the field scout perk, 60 rounds in the clip and 108 reserve (probably with the help from some armor). coupled with high impact, low rate and low recoil in pve it's godly.

:)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All of the good HMGs have relatively small mags. Not that it makes much of a difference. You can headshot people far easier and use far less bullets

I still don't have CM or thunderlord :((((((((
Nah, corrective measure has a massive amount of ammo. O_O

But the Swarm and Thunderlord pop heads off like bubbles. Thunderlord in particular would go from "kinda-sorta-a-little-broken-but-it's-okay-cause-heavy-ammo" to "if you're not running this you are gimped in the Crucible" with a bigger mag or more reserve

blazeuk

Just got to rank 3 IB, will probably end up picking up the IB boots even though I already have the raid ones since they look better...easy to wipe out all your glimmer though.

LiK

I would like Thunderlord to see how much I like it.

Btw CM users, which perk do use in the first row? I'm thinking I'll switch back to Soft Ballistics for less recoil.

Nah, corrective measure has a massive amount of ammo. O_O

But the Swarm and Thunderlord pop heads off like bubbles. Thunderlord in particular would go from "kinda-sorta-a-little-broken-but-it's-okay-cause-heavy-ammo" to "if you're not running this you are gimped in the Crucible" with a bigger mag or more reserve

Another thing I woulda known if I had it :(((((((

DAMN YOU RNG. *Throws 5 found verdicts back at the templar*

Gahh why does Swarm and Thunderlord have so few reserve rounds.

My Swarm has a clip size of 30 (which bugs me because the game constantely gives me heavy ammo in sizes of 31 and 32).

Anyway, It takes 5 body shots to kill somebody with my Swarm. 4 if one shot is a headshot.

Thats 6 or 7 kills from a single clip.

Jinjo

Outlaw

Perfect Balance

Crowd Control

Mine has Spray & Play, increased reload (or range but the range is already pretty beastly on it) and crowd control. Would have loved to have Field Scout, but with the near max reload speed thanks to the extra perk combined with Spray & Play should make this a pretty good Lash.

Just got the Venation III hand cannon from Dead Orbit, it's got the exact same stats as TDYK (although it's stability and reload is just a little higher than TDYK).

The perks? One random bullet from its 8 round magazine does considerable bonus damage, and kills grant bonus ammo. Also has a Range and Accuracy boost.

Liking my HC collection now. Hawkmoon, Fatebringer, TLW, TDYK and now Venation.

forrest

formerly nacire
Ah shit did someone say Xur has Mida? Loggin on! Love some scout rifles and haven't been lucky enough to find it yet!

Got VoC on my first atheon kill and it's been my go to all around primary ever since.

Deku Tree

I hope Eris sells level 32 quality raid armor. Make it some really long and hard grind to get, maybe reqire plenty of raid completions to get your rank up, and also give it out via RNG, but please give us some way to get it other than relying on luck of the roll. I am OK with all the weapons being completely RNG based. I have raid rank 2 and done lots of hard raids and still no Vex... But I don't want to have to wait week after week to reach 32 and have others just get it via luck and then have hard raid crews saying "sorry only looking for 32s."

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My Swarm has a clip size of 30 (which bugs me because the game constantely gives me heavy ammo in sizes of 31 and 32).

Anyway, It takes 5 body shots to kill somebody with my Swarm. 4 if one shot is a headshot.

And the Swarm is perfectly fine to tap the trigger with for headshots too- what is it, 2?
It's very much a "point at and press button to make things die" kind of scenario. Only used it for a couple of matches (mine isn't close to maxed) but it's silly how good it is. Mondo silly. Maximum silly.
Btw CM users, which perk do use in the first row? I'm thinking I'll switch back to Soft Ballistics for less recoil.
Yeah no idea the best choice there either.

forrest

formerly nacire

Thunderlord is strong, but after having corrective measure for so long, it feels like I never have any ammo. Also the stability is pretty weak if you run the extra clip size.

jett

D-Member
i'm talking strictly about PvE, don't know about PvP.

i have a fully upgraded VoC and i like it too... it's my go to weapon for the hardest parts in PvE. Mida feels so light compared to it.
in PvP VoC feels useless to me... ARs and HCs are much better.

i got a solar Swarm from... i have no idea where actually, and it has the field scout perk, 60 rounds in the clip and 108 reserve (probably with the help from some armor). in pve it's godly.

:)

wow my swarm is totes garbage then. I have like 36 in the clip and 30~ reserve.

LordofPwn

My swarm has a clip of 60... and i can easily get 2-3 kills per 10 shots. Don't let me get heavy in a rumble match.

Spades

Hi DestinyGAF. With the woes of MCC, I've decided to give Destiny another shot. I haven't played much since it came out, and I have a question:

I just hit level 20, and I understand I need some sort of light armour to level up further? Could someone please explain to me briefly; what I need to level up now? And how do I get hold of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom