• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenden

Banned
Extended mag isn't an ideal roll for Timur's Lash?

I think it's Deku Tree's favorite weapon!

I have three lash. Perfect Balance is a waste IMO. Field Scout is what you want there.

My best has outlaw, field scout, and mulligan. It's like a hand cannon Picket Infinity.

Deku Tree

Hi DestinyGAF. With the woes of MCC, I've decided to give Destiny another shot. I haven't played much since it came out, and I have a question:

I just hit level 20, and I understand I need some sort of light armour to level up further? Could someone please explain to me briefly; what I need to level up now? And how do I get hold of it?

See Hawkians guides in the first post.

LiK

Thunderlord is strong, but after having corrective measure for so long, it feels like I never have any ammo. Also the stability is pretty weak if you run the extra clip size.
Yea, I sacrifice Stability perk for Field Scout. I think I'll switch back to Soft Ballistics then for less recoil. The recoil is a bitch to control esp at longer ranges.

Hi DestinyGAF. With the woes of MCC, I've decided to give Destiny another shot. I haven't played much since it came out, and I have a question:

I just hit level 20, and I understand I need some sort of light armour to level up further? Could someone please explain to me briefly; what I need to level up now? And how do I get hold of it?

Hawkians guides are what you want... They are the freaking bible of Destiny.

Hawkian hung on the Traveler for our sins to bring us the word of truth on how to not loose our minds trying to appease RNGesus.

zewone

My Swarm has a clip size of 30 (which bugs me because the game constantely gives me heavy ammo in sizes of 31 and 32).

Anyway, It takes 5 body shots to kill somebody with my Swarm. 4 if one shot is a headshot.

Thats 6 or 7 kills from a single clip.

Hmm...I would think swarm would kill faster than CM.

CM is probably the best choice because it's legendary and 150 ammo on pick up.

LordofPwn

I would like Thunderlord to see how much I like it.

Btw CM users, which perk do use in the first row? I'm thinking I'll switch back to Soft Ballistics for less recoil.

I use Field Choke for Range and impact and then use Perfect balance. But that's just me. I prefer slower firing HMG like thunderlord and Swarm. I use HMG as mid range scout rifles, popping headshots left and right.

My swarm has a clip of 60... and i can easily get 2-3 kills per 10 shots. Don't let me get heavy in a rumble match.

My wifes has a clip of 60, but her's seems to take 6-7 shots per kill.

Honestly, I haven't used my swarm in so long... Ever since I got my corrective measure.

Between my Boots and Chest offering more Heavy weapon ammo, and the Field Scout Perk on my Corrective Measure, I pick up 150 bullets every time I grab a heavy ammo crate in PvP.

Deku Tree

Extended mag isn't an ideal roll for Timur's Lash?

I think it's Deku Tree's favorite weapon!

Sadly my maxed MIDA has been stuck in my vault ever since I got VoC about two weeks ago. MIDA was my favorite weapon and it possibly still is... I love the hair trigger and the agility perk and the ADS radar perk too. However I either run with the Icebreaker or the Truth as my exotic recently. I do better when I have a well thought out three weapon combo rather than just equipping my favorite weapon and no worrying about the other two. Nothing like being able to fire off a rocket or two with tracking when you are getting swarmed in the hard raid. I also try to spend any patrol time I put in leveling new weapons rather than using my maxed favorites.... (BTW Now I have two VoC and two Fatebringer and two raid helms and no Vex...)

LiK

I use Field Choke for Range and impact and then use Perfect balance. But that's just me. I prefer slower firing HMG like thunderlord and Swarm. I use HMG as mid range scout rifles, popping headshots left and right.

I'm currently using Field Choke but it's tough to control the recoil at long ranges. I do like having 100 bullets....

Lot of love for CM and Swarm but not so much for Zombie Apocalypse which is my fave (I PvE mostly), what's the reason for one over the other for those folks who have both?

Hmm...I would think swarm would kill faster than CM.

CM is probably the best choice because it's legendary and 150 ammo on pick up.

My Swarm shoots about 6 rounds p/s.
My CM shoots about 15 rounds p/s.

They kill at pretty much the same speed, the Swarm is just less forgiving. If you miss a shot with a swarm it's a much bigger deal than missing a shot with the CM.

Manp

Lot of love for CM and Swarm but not so much for Zombie Apocalypse which is my fave (I PvE mostly), what's the reason for one over the other for those folks who have both?

i have no idea how Zombie Apocalypse compare but Swarm's high impact and slow rate is great for headshots :)

LordofPwn

My wifes has a clip of 60, but her's seems to take 6-7 shots per kill.

Honestly, I haven't used my swarm in so long... Ever since I got my corrective measure.

Between my Boots and Chest offering more Heavy weapon ammo, and the Field Scout Perk on my Corrective Measure, I pick up 150 bullets every time I grab a heavy ammo crate in PvP.

3 headshots = dead gaurdian.

I love my ZA, it serves me well in the Crucible. I have the perfect stability perk in mine and it's like a COD rifle. It was my first legendary drop as well. Of course, I don't have the other machine guns.

I mainly love swarm because the range + stability + low fire rate means I can be a headshot machine. While ZA is good, I don't think it quite measures up to Swarm

I'm trying to hit level 26 and am one light away. Should I upgrade my vendor bought Dustwalker legendary armor with ascendant shards? Or should I just buy legendary boots ? I already have legendary gauntlets. I'm trying to save vanguard marks to buy TDYK since all I have are blues, but I could delay the purchase and use marks on the boots. Not sure if it's worth upgrading non-raid armor with ascendant shards.

I already used 6 shards on the armor because I thought I would get 2 light and hit 26, but the upgrade only gave me 1 light :/ The next upgrade would put me at 26, but I only have 7 shards left.

EL CUCO

Sadly my maxed MIDA has been stuck in my vault ever since I got VoC about two weeks ago. MIDA was my favorite weapon and it possibly still is... I love the hair trigger and the agility perk and the ADS radar perk too. However I either run with the Icebreaker or the Truth as my exotic recently. I do better when I have a well thought out three weapon combo rather than just equipping my favorite weapon and no worrying about the other two. Nothing like being able to fire off a rocket or two with tracking when you are getting swarmed in the hard raid. (BTW Now I have two VoC and two Fatebringer and two raid helms and no Vex...)

Yeah MIDA isn't worth the exotic slot. Mine has been collecting dust for a while now.

_________

Holy crap. Best Buy just sent me a code for Blacksmith shader for pre-ordering COD:AW! :D I thought I had missed out on that already.

LiK

Anyone got the Hide and Seek shottie? I was getting wrecked by a guy and I checked his gear and he was using that. It was like an Invective with FV range lol

forrest

formerly nacire
Anyone got the Hide and Seek shottie? I was getting wrecked by a guy and I checked his gear and he was using that. It was like an Invective with FV range lol

I got it last week, but haven't used it yet. If I remember correctly, it has strong base stats.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just got the Venation III hand cannon from Dead Orbit, it's got the exact same stats as TDYK (although it's stability and reload is just a little higher than TDYK).

The perks? One random bullet from its 8 round magazine does considerable bonus damage, and kills grant bonus ammo. Also has a Range and Accuracy boost.

Liking my HC collection now. Hawkmoon, Fatebringer, TLW, TDYK and now Venation.
I really dig the Venation III. Great action and looks damn cool. Luck in the Chamber with an 8 round mag is a nice fit, too. Eternally jelly of Fatebringer though!!!! :)
I have it now and it's at 2500:
As expected. Thank you for that. So far, no evidence that the bounty amounts change or that the list on www.destinygamewiki.com is wrong.
Sadly my maxed MIDA has been stuck in my vault ever since I got VoC about two weeks ago. MIDA was my favorite weapon and it possibly still is... I love the hair trigger and the agility perk and the ADS radar perk too. However I either run with the Icebreaker or the Truth as my exotic recently. (Now I have two VoC and two Fatebringer and two raid helms and no Vex...)
I forgot it had the built-in Third Eye perk too actually. That's really a pretty nice set of stuff for an Exotic. I guess the real crux of the matter here is that VoC is SO damn good, it's hard to justify using an exotic to replace it when you could use that, plus any exotic special or heavy of which there are tons to choose from.
I have three lash. Perfect Balance is a waste IMO. Field Scout is what you want there.

My best has outlaw, field scout, and mulligan. It's like a hand cannon Picket Infinity.
u6fDcMl.gif

How much does field scout up the mag?

Check out the first two guides in the OP- and feel free to ask here or PM any questions you might have!
Hawkians guides are what you want... They are the freaking bible of Destiny.

Hawkian hung on the Traveler for our sins to bring us the word of truth on how to not loose our minds trying to appease RNGesus.
And so did Rahool grow unsteady in the moonlight, gritting his brittle teeth...

Hehe, thanks for the kind words.

LordofPwn

I've got one on my alt, seems like a nice pvp shotty if you dont have found verdict

zewone

CM can either have crazy stability or crazy ammo. Whichever you prefer.

It has an insane rate of fire and all the other stats are good.

It's the best gun for taking out Oracles during Atheon too.

Anyone on GAF have lord high fixer? After grinding IB Ive maxed my crucible marks and need to spend them haha.

Trying to pick between Lord High Fixer and Final Boss. I already have TDYK, Timur's Lash, TLW and Thorn. No legendary snipers yet :c

zewone

Anyone on GAF have lord high fixer? After grinding IB Ive maxed my crucible marks and need to spend them haha.

Trying to pick between Lord High Fixer and Final Boss. I already have TDYK, Timur's Lash, TLW and Thorn. No legendary snipers yet :c

LHF is awesome, but it's very comparable to TDYK.

If you need a good sniper, pick up Final Boss.

Although I'm not sure what perksthe vendor version of FB has.

LordofPwn

I've got one. mine has the radar active while ADS. for some reason i still use TDYK for PVP though. For snipers you really need to get yourself a PR. thing is great in pvp and pve.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well then, I was mistaken. Regardless, they really have no rhyme nor reason.
Well, Banuk is legitimately not worth more the 2500xp. It's literally <3mins to complete.
That's Dead Orbit's shotty- great base stats but it's randomly rolled so it can vary wildly. Won't necessarily have full auto, for example (unless that's built in? don't think so though).

If you're collecting Hand Cannons, the Fixer is a crucial buy. It's the de facto PvP legendary HC, imo. And the built-in Radar while ADS, which I can't get on Hawkmoon without Knucklehead, opens up all kinds of other builds.

Final Boss is a relatively superb sniper though. Fantastic impact and rate of fire. So if you're missing those in general it's the better use of marks.

LiK

Well, Banuk is legitimately not worth more the 2500xp. It's literally <3mins to complete.

That's Dead Orbit's shotty- great base stats but it's randomly rolled so it can vary wildly. Won't necessarily have full auto, for example (unless that's built in? don't think so though).

If you're collecting Hand Cannons, the Fixer is a crucial buy. It's the de facto PvP legendary HC, imo. And the built-in Radar while ADS, which I can't get on Hawkmoon without Knucklehead, opens up all kinds of other builds.

Final Boss is a relatively superb sniper though. Fantastic impact and rate of fire. So if you're missing those in general it's the better use of marks.

Ah, so it's a DO shottie? Thanks, I got some marks to use so I'll grab that.

I have to say that the Comedian disappointed me compared to FV.

LHF is awesome, but it's very comparable to TDYK.

If you need a good sniper, pick up Final Boss.

Although I'm not sure what perksthe vendor version of FB has.

I've got one. mine has the radar active while ADS. for some reason i still use TDYK for PVP though. For snipers you really need to get yourself a PR. thing is great in pvp and pve.

Yeah been trying to get it to drop forever now x.x

Hmmm. I might end up getting LHF. I think the vanguard sniper has higher impact for PvE anyway.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ah, so it's a DO shottie? Thanks, I got some marks to use so I'll grab that.

I have to say that the Comedian disappointed me compared to FV.
That's the thing, it is a Dead Orbit shotty, but the vendor version doesn't have full auto. In fact, the vendor version has pretty much the crappiest perks for PvP I can imagine on a shotgun. :(

zewone

That's the thing, it is a Dead Orbit shotty, but the vendor version doesn't have full auto. In fact, the vendor version has pretty much the crappiest perks for PvP I can imagine on a shotgun. :(

Doesn't it have ADF increases range? Not a fan of that perk for shotguns?

rNilla

MIDA seems pretty awesome right out of the gate with no upgrades. Looks like I finally found a primary exotic for my Hunter.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I don't know if everyone knew this already, but the Iron Banner Bounties you have in your inventory carry over to the next day. Meaning, if you already have them equipped the day before, you can't claim them the next day. I guess 90 minutes is all Destiny wanted me to play today =\

LiK

That's okay, even tho FV has full auto, I tend to pull the trigger manually anyway to control the recoil. So that's not a big deal for me.

MIDA seems pretty awesome right out of the gate with no upgrades. Looks like I finally found a primary exotic for my Hunter.

I use it with my hunter and it is brilliant. (just got it though so it still has that new car smell)

I wish there were exotics that were tied to specific classes that would be even more wicked.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Doesn't it have ADF increases range? Not a fan of that perk for shotguns?
Oh, you're right- that's a pretty good mod. destinygamewiki has the wrong perks listed for this. I'll update it.

Cascade (melee kills increase reload speed) is decent, but Shot Package is juuuust fine. Not a bad buy for the marks after all.
That's okay, even tho FV has full auto, I tend to pull the trigger manually anyway to control the recoil. So that's not a big deal for me.
Oh, good, ok. I thought that full auto actually increased the functional rate of fire. I pull the trigger each shot for Invective myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom