• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

I don't know if everyone knew this already, but the Iron Banner Bounties you have in your inventory carry over to the next day. Meaning, if you already have them equipped the day before, you can't claim them the next day. I guess 90 minutes is all Destiny wanted me to play today =\

yeah I got burned by that too. I was expecting the bounties to be different between days, so I planned to hold on to them until I used a tempering buff.

Didn't manage to do the 10 kills without dying one last night, and it was super frustrating. I'd die to something absurd every time I got within 1 or 2 kills/assists of completing it. For example I had 4 people from the enemy team spawn in front of me at the same time. Although that would've been great if my super was up.

I picked up the MIDA because I have a ton of Strange Coins and I like collecting Exotics.

Started using Scout Rifles recently, I rolled a Cryptic Dragon with Return to Sender and Firefly.

LiK

I picked up the MIDA because I have a ton of Strange Coins and I like collecting Exotics.

Started using Scout Rifles recently, I rolled a Cryptic Dragon with Return to Sender and Firefly.

Cryptic Dragon any good? I got that as a NF drop and never used it.

Ourobolus

Banned
What's the best fusion rifle? I have a 77 Wizard (Arc) that dropped a while back, but I still rarely use them. The charge time kills me. What's a good one that helps with that in PvP?

Cømet

Banned
The good thing about the IB bounties never changing is that they're all fairly easy for me to do and just encourage good precision fighting on machine guns as well as ARs. Wish there was more than six though. Half way to level 4, just want those smexy titan shoulder pads! Probably the mark too.
Finally got my hunter a decent cape, the white and gold one with the wolf on (can't remember the name for some reason). Aw yiss, lookin' good. So much mat farming to do though, just cba. Marks for mats patch when!?

Might be doing another normal raid later to get a mate's low(er) level through. Admittedly my Warlock does only need the boots anyway.

Nodnol

Yay, hit Rank 3 on IB. :)

Bought the other emblem and the boots. You watch the Raid drop the boots later! That's how RNGesus rolls!

IB hasn't been too bad, and that's coming from someone that didn't play IB before, nor plays much Crucible. I think it's the Tempering buff that helps massively; I haven't sunk too many hours in.

jett

D-Member
I needs me a purple primary so I can use Thunderlord in PVP. I shouldn't have dismantled that random Vanquisher III drop I got...

Mupod

What's the best fusion rifle? I have a 77 Wizard (Arc) that dropped a while back, but I still rarely use them. The charge time kills me. What's a good one that helps with that in PvP?

there's a few blue ones that have great charge times and kill in one burst in PVP. Problem is they suck in iron banner, at least as a level 27. In regular crucible I got my thorn bounty done very very fast using a random Helios FR4. I found a Silvered Eos FR4 which looks nice but doesn't have the stability upgrades of the Helios, it does have a charge speed upgrade though.

In IB the one that kills me the most seems to be light/beware.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Light/Beware or Final Rest II.

But it's worth learning the skill of "cooking" your Fusion Rifles for use in PvP. When you sense battle is near you need to be massaging that trigger. 77 Wizard is a devastating weapon.

So reforge only works for Iron Banner weapons, and it's a random roll. Well that's shit.

Ah bah, luck of the draw. :p
The current scout rifle you can get at rank 5 is all you need anyway, shooting through walls is a perk I love on my sniper and that scout rifle has it too.

LiK

I don't know if everyone knew this already, but the Iron Banner Bounties you have in your inventory carry over to the next day. Meaning, if you already have them equipped the day before, you can't claim them the next day. I guess 90 minutes is all Destiny wanted me to play today =
Huh, you can still play to rank up unless you're maxed already. You can also do regular Crucible Bounties in IB.

zewone

Oh, good, ok. I thought that full auto actually increased the functional rate of fire. I pull the trigger each shot for Invective myself.

It does. Tapping the trigger is the way to use Found Verdict and TLW over holding the trigger. Your ROF will be faster than a shotgun with almost twice as much ROF like The Comedian.

This also prevents the gun from jamming from the full auto glitch.

realcZk

Thanks for playing with us last night.

When we all quit I went to the tower to turn in bounties and I was 40 points away from rank 4 so I went and did one more match with randoms to see if I could get a quick win. Join the match mid game and immediately get the 10 kills in a row bounty complete.

Heh, don't know what it is about playing with a full party where I didn't go positive once with you guys I don't think, just assist after assist. But then I play with randoms and go on a tear killing everything in site.

It was fun! I apologize in advance for the Thorn, she's pretty thirsty for blood and sometimes isn't considerate of others.

Was there anything in the DLC expansion notes about getting a larger vault? With the addition of more weapons and gear they really should give us more storage. I had to create a 3rd character just to have more slots to dump crap in.

ocean

Banned
there's a few blue ones that have great charge times and kill in one burst in PVP. Problem is they suck in iron banner, at least as a level 27. In regular crucible I got my thorn bounty done very very fast using a random Helios FR4. I found a Silvered Eos FR4 which looks nice but doesn't have the stability upgrades of the Helios, it does have a charge speed upgrade though.

In IB the one that kills me the most seems to be light/beware.
Dropped Light/Beware has Accelerated Coils. The charge rate is just silly. It's my best PvP weapon, it's insane. I don't know if it's the absolute fastest but it's the best one I've used.

Deku Tree

Was there anything in the DLC expansion notes about getting a larger vault? With the addition of more weapons and gear they really should give us more storage. I had to create a 3rd character just to have more slots to dump crap in.

I didn't see anything like that... a lot of people have been complaining about it though (including me).

I own Zombie as well but haven't used it much.
i have no idea how Zombie Apocalypse compare but Swarm's high impact and slow rate is great for headshots :)
I love my ZA, it serves me well in the Crucible. I have the perfect stability perk in mine and it's like a COD rifle. It was my first legendary drop as well. Of course, I don't have the other machine guns.
I mainly love swarm because the range + stability + low fire rate means I can be a headshot machine. While ZA is good, I don't think it quite measures up to Swarm
CM can either have crazy stability or crazy ammo. Whichever you prefer.

It has an insane rate of fire and all the other stats are good.

It's the best gun for taking out Oracles during Atheon too.

Cheers for the replies folks! Ahh I see CM is the raid LMG, still I usually roll with ZA but maybe I'll give Swarm a go in PVP for that stability. I've found my void ZA is a monster for oracles (Field Scout perk) in the raid and very handy for that chuffing Praetorian in the Venus portal, it was also my first Legendary and first 300 attack weapon so thus has sentimental value too :D

nowai

If you can roll the Iron Banner FR with accelerated coils, it's a monster.

Cømet

Banned
Cheers for the replies folks! Ahh I see CM is the raid LMG, still I usually roll with ZA but maybe I'll give Swarm a go in PVP for that stability. I've found my void ZA is a monster for oracles (Field Scout perk) in the raid and very handy for that chuffing Praetorian in the Venus portal, it was also my first Legendary and first 300 attack weapon so thus has sentimental value too :D

I missed the first bit of this discussion, but if you're talking about those two for IB I can say I've done all the headshot bounties so far with ZA (mostly upgraded) without much difficulty. If you're not constantly gettign Super'd away from your heavy ammo you'll do it in no time.

Can't say about Swarm, only just bought it, but without upgrades it was a little bit of a pain.

Deku Tree

I didn't see anything like that... a lot of people have been complaining about it though (including me).

Oh wait I found this from 1 day ago...

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...r_vault_with_new_dlc_deej_please_hear/cm7fp0b

Deej_BNG said:
Larger Vaults is a known ask. I have no other information to provide, aside from the fact that I bring it up myself in meetings.

Doesn't sound like it is something that is currently on their to do list, but might get there eventually I guess...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dropped Light/Beware has Accelerated Coils. The charge rate is just silly. It's my best PvP weapon, it's insane. I don't know if it's the absolute fastest but it's the best one I've used.
Light/Beware's base charge rate is already great. That is likely insane.

The absolute fastest is going to be Plan C post-weapon-swap with its perk.
If you can roll the Iron Banner FR with accelerated coils, it's a monster.
Yeahhh I'm getting me one of those.

LordofPwn

I've got all exotic weapons but 3 and i have at most half of my vault being used. how are people using it up already?

nowai

The current scout rifle you can get at rank 5 is all you need anyway, shooting through walls is a perk I love on my sniper and that scout rifle has it too.

I have had a few scout rifles drop with iridium rounds and they do not go through walls. Only my snipe rifle with iridium rounds goes through walls.

Hoodbury

It was fun! I apologize in advance for the Thorn, she's pretty thirsty for blood and sometimes isn't considerate of others.

Heh, no worries, all I care about is the W. Plus my Titan is use to getting assists, he's #215 in the world for individual characters. I really should give my hand cannons more of a try in the crucible. I try them for a little bit and do bad and then just revert back to Suros as my safety blanket.

Just checked my recent game results for KDR. All the games playing with you guys were like .8, .87, .6, etc. Then my last game I played solo with randoms 2.67. :/

Deku Tree

I've got all exotic weapons but 3 and i have at most half of my vault being used. how are people using it up already?

20 spots in the vault for all weapons
10 primary spots character 1
10 secondary spots character 1
10 heavy spots character 1
10 primary spots character 2
10 secondary spots character 2
10 heavy spots character 2
10 primary spots character 3
10 secondary spots character 3
10 heavy spots character 3

Yes that is a lot of total spots... but if you like to store your weapons in the vault then those 20 spots fill up fast... I don't see any reason why they would not want you to have more vault space in a loot game with each DLC bringing a larger amount of weapons and armor to choose from...

EL CUCO

Why cant i win a fucking IB game?

When I play with randoms, I lose about 80% of my matches. I dont know if it's the matchmaking trying to balance a team but I always get placed with what appears to be PVP noobies.

When I play in a group of Gaffers or other friends, it's a different story.

jeffc919

So, I got Timur's Lash last night and re-rolled it a bunch of times. I settled on "luck in the chamber" and "return to sender". Seemed like a good combination for PvP...maybe a sort of poor man's Hawkmoon, but I haven't tried it yet. Anyway, it sounds like most people are preferring other upgrades. Hopefully I didn't pass on a better combo.

Then I bought the IB fusion rifle and proceeded to blow through my 50+ motes trying to get accelerated coils. I think I messed up, thinking this would be one of the 2 upgrades spelled out beneath the weapon, when it's actually just something in the upgrade tree sometimes.

I think he's OK with the blood thirst given that it was the blood of the other team.

If you somehow found out how to spill the blood of OUR team, I think I'd have to consider playing with you less... maybe...

More IB tonight? I want to get a hard raid in too maybe. That can wait though. I definitely want to get to level four for the IB gloves on my hunter. I just hit lvl 3 last night.

Hit 30 with my Titan which makes all 3 classes now. I reckon I'll play a bit more IB to hit level 5 and then bench the game till the expansion.

Mida reloads stupid quick with SR reload gloves.

Rubenov

Then I bought the IB fusion rifle and proceeded to blow through my 50+ motes trying to get accelerated coils. I think I messed up, thinking this would be one of the 2 upgrades spelled out beneath the weapon, when it's actually just something in the upgrade tree sometimes.

:O

Yeah son you messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom