• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 spots in the vault for all weapons
10 primary spots character 1
10 secondary spots character 1
10 heavy spots character 1
10 primary spots character 2
10 secondary spots character 2
10 heavy spots character 2
10 primary spots character 3
10 secondary spots character 3
10 heavy spots character 3

Yes that is a lot of total spots... but if you like to store your weapons in the vault then those 20 spots fill up fast... I don't see any reason why they would not want you to have more vault space in a loot game with each DLC bringing a larger amount of weapons and armor to choose from...

It doesn't help that since you can only use one exotic at a time, you have to hold onto all of your purple weapons. I have to have a backup solar and arc sniper since I can't always use p&t or IB.

Looking to form a Hard Mode Raid Group for tonight at 9:00pm EST

Main focus is to start at Gatekeepers to do Gatekeepers/Atheon for 2 or more characters (I have 2 characters that need to do it, my 3rd has done the complete hard raid for this week but will be willing to provide my Level 30 to help afterwards). If you just need to do 1 that is fine too, we can find subs if needed or if you are willing to help after that is also great!

PS4
Cosmos_Man
Level 30 Titan
Level 29 Hunter
Level 29 Warlock

All characters have maxed Icebreaker, VoC, Atheons, Corrective Measures, Hezen, etc.

Please reply and/or send me a PM. I will continue to post this throughout the day.

1. Cosmos_Man (Me)

Shito

Better question is, "Why can't we turn in those fucking loser tokens at the tower?" I have 5 now.
Because they want to make sure you keep on playing the event, so that it's populated.
But I agree: would have liked a way to redeem them at the tower, even for a lower value than when winning a match.

phen0m24

Looking to form a Hard Mode Raid Group for tonight at 9:00pm EST

Main focus is to start at Gatekeepers to do Gatekeepers/Atheon for 2 or more characters (I have 2 characters that need to do it, my 3rd has done the complete hard raid for this week but will be willing to provide my Level 30 to help afterwards). If you just need to do 1 that is fine too, we can find subs if needed or if you are willing to help after that is also great!

PS4
Cosmos_Man
Level 30 Titan
Level 29 Hunter
Level 29 Warlock

All characters have maxed Icebreaker, VoC, Atheons, Corrective Measures, Hezen, etc.

Please reply and/or send me a PM. I will continue to post this throughout the day.

1. Cosmos_Man (Me)

Byron we made it to GK last night on hard and a guy had to drop off. I have a 29 Titan with maxed Praedyth's Revenge, Atheon's Epilogue, Prestige IV and am 60% complete on my LAST bubble on the Gjallarhorn.

If you can take a 29 through I would appreciate it but understand if that's not preferable. There were some others in my group: deadmedal, harlan ryudo, lunlunqq, gtd and Sharkjaw..

PSN: ColonelOCorn

Pimpwerx

My to do list is really shrinking. Bought the hunter gauntlets today. I already maxxed Mida over a month ago. My list of items remaining are:

Monte Carlo
Gjallahorn
Thunderlord

Apotheosis Veil
Skull of Dire Ahamkara
Insurmountable Skullfort

Praedyth's Timepiece
Hezen Vengeance

Warlock raid gauntlets
Hunter raid legs
Titan raid helm

That's it. Then I'll have collected all the exotic and VoG items in the game. I've cursed him many times, but I must say RNGesus has been pretty good to me in this game. I've mostly been upset because I couldn't hit lvl30 until a couple days ago. Armor was my biggest concern, but I've been blessed with a nice collection of weapons. Thee days, dupes are the order of the day. Too bad I only keep one of each item. Multiple Fatebringers, Hawkmoons, Epilogues and VoC's have been scrapped along the way. I really want that 'horn though. PEACE.

zewone

Then I bought the IB fusion rifle and proceeded to blow through my 50+ motes trying to get accelerated coils. I think I messed up, thinking this would be one of the 2 upgrades spelled out beneath the weapon, when it's actually just something in the upgrade tree sometimes.

Ouch.

Mupod

Heh, no worries, all I care about is the W. Plus my Titan is use to getting assists, he's #215 in the world for individual characters. I really should give my hand cannons more of a try in the crucible. I try them for a little bit and do bad and then just revert back to Suros as my safety blanket.

Just checked my recent game results for KDR. All the games playing with you guys were like .8, .87, .6, etc. Then my last game I played solo with randoms 2.67. :/

As I said earlier the exact same shit happened to me. Maybe they really are matching full groups together.

Pimpwerx

20 spots in the vault for all weapons
10 primary spots character 1
10 secondary spots character 1
10 heavy spots character 1
10 primary spots character 2
10 secondary spots character 2
10 heavy spots character 2
10 primary spots character 3
10 secondary spots character 3
10 heavy spots character 3

Yes that is a lot of total spots... but if you like to store your weapons in the vault then those 20 spots fill up fast... I don't see any reason why they would not want you to have more vault space in a loot game with each DLC bringing a larger amount of weapons and armor to choose from...
It's my single, biggest complaint. I'm a collector, and I've run out of space. I don't want to keep exotics on characters, but that's what I'm doing now. 2 primaries per character freed up a bit of space. I'll probably have to up that to 3 per character in order to add the last few weapons. Just one more page of storage would be a huge difference for me. Bungie made some really, really, really strange design decisions with this game. I can only assume they have database limitations that force the vault to be so small. PEACE.

Byron we made it to GK last night on hard and a guy had to drop off. I have a 29 Titan with maxed Praedyth's Revenge, Atheon's Epilogue, Prestige IV and am 60% complete on my LAST bubble on the Gjallarhorn.

If you can take a 29 through I would appreciate it but understand if that's not preferable. There were some others in my group: deadmedal, harlan ryudo, lunlunqq, gtd and Sharkjaw..

PSN: ColonelOCorn

That is totally fine! I will add you to the list and repost it soon, if you can find out about the others in your group we may be ready to go for tonight!

My to do list is really shrinking. Bought the hunter gauntlets today. I already maxxed Mida over a month ago. My list of items remaining are:

Monte Carlo
Gjallahorn
Thunderlord

Apotheosis Veil
Skull of Dire Ahamkara
Insurmountable Skullfort

Praedyth's Timepiece
Hezen Vengeance

Warlock raid gauntlets
Hunter raid legs
Titan raid helm

That's it. Then I'll have collected all the exotic and VoG items in the game. I've cursed him many times, but I must say RNGesus has been pretty good to me in this game. I've mostly been upset because I couldn't hit lvl30 until a couple days ago. Armor was my biggest concern, but I've been blessed with a nice collection of weapons. Thee days, dupes are the order of the day. Too bad I only keep one of each item. Multiple Fatebringers, Hawkmoons, Epilogues and VoC's have been scrapped along the way. I really want that 'horn though. PEACE.

All I want from exotics are just weapons now, I have all the armours I wanted for all 3 characters/classes.

Vex
Gjallahorn
Thorn (I need to finish the Crucible part with void and then the rest)

Pimpwerx

All I want from exotics are just weapons now, I have all the armours I wanted for all 3 characters/classes.

Vex
Gjallahorn
Thorn (I need to finish the Crucible part with void and then the rest)
Thorn turned out to be s decent HC. I badmouthed it early, but the gun is decent. It could use a bigger mag though.

OTOH, I finished getting string of curses on Bad Juju, and that gun still sucks balls. Any suggestions on which middle perk would make it not complete garbage? PEACE.

patchday

BAD:
- Really tired of having to fly to the Tower when all I need to do is switch over weapons to my alts.

- Iron Banner being only Control is really annoying. Tired of all the AoE from grenades & supers. I want CLASH!!!

GOOD:

- Guardian outfitter finally is less retarded now and has more shaders
- They added Voice chat. Wish it was own by default like in other FPS (like HALO, CoD AW)
- Xur brought some armors I did not have
- Iron Banner appears to prefer to match premade teams against each other now?

- Voice chat in fireteams seem to go through the PS4 voice chat system. Meaning if someone has NAT issue you cannot talk to them. I am really upset with Sony over Voice chat being so flimsy. I have NAT Type 2 and still cant talk to some folks. This was never ever an issue on Xbox 360. I am wondering if I should pony up for an Xbox 1 now :(

- Iron banner will grant me the items I need to hit cap. But I've been too busy with work and shit to play much :( At least it grants a tempered buff

BAD:
- Really tired of having to fly to the Tower when all I need to do is switch over weapons to my alts.

- Iron Banner being only Control is really annoying. Tired of all the AoE from grenades & supers. I want CLASH!!!

GOOD:

- Guardian outfitter finally is less retarded now and has more shaders
- They added Voice chat. Wish it was own by default like in other FPS (like HALO, CoD AW)
- Xur brought some armors I did not have
- Iron Banner appears to prefer to match premade teams against each other now?

- Voice chat in fireteams seem to go through the PS4 voice chat system. Meaning if someone has NAT issue you cannot talk to them. I am really upset with Sony over Voice chat being so flimsy. I have NAT Type 2 and still cant talk to some folks. This was never ever an issue on Xbox 360. I am wondering if I should pony up for an Xbox 1 now :(

- Iron banner will grant me the items I need to hit cap. But I've been too busy with work and shit to play much :( At least it grants a tempered buff

There a plenty of guides and videos out there on how to reach Nat type 1. I could probably even walk you through most of it, if not all.

Assuming you have access to your router and/or modem, you should be fine.

patchday

@Kor, oh so NAT Type 1 is better than NAT Type 2? Ah would look into that. Thank you very much! I do have access to my router. I thought I had all the ports open but apparently not

matmanx1

Fellow titan.

Do you have Suros or TLW? Use one of them.
Do you have a decent sniper? Use that, no Shotty or fusion rifles.
Do you have a good rocket launcher? One with proximity detonation preferably? Buy steel oracle from Vanguard vendor.

Run striker with pulse nades, you won't need to be sacrificing your super since your gonna be a major dick over your control points. You can run shoulder charge but your play style should be cautious aggression, so only use it on single and unprepared enemies.

Simply sit between the point on the map that allows quick access to BOTH B and A Or C, whichever you have and snipe/super/rocket/nade people trying to cap your points.

For example, on Shores of time if you have A,?you could be a lame and sit on the "snipe tower", stopping only to pick up heavy ammo or pick off vengeful enemies.

Keep point capping to a minimum unless it's completely safe. Remember, this maybe domination, but your K.D. matters a lot, a team wrecking you with only one point will win even if you control 2.

This is basically all I've been doing in IB and I just got done with a 7.0 and 32 kills...

Thanks for the suggestions. I actually switched to Striker last night and was running with Lightning grenade which I got many kills with just by tossing it on the wall or ground near a contested flag.

I got TLW last week from Xur but it is still a long way from maxed. I'm a handcannon guy so normally I roll with the vendor TDYK and it is surprisingly effective in PVP. The only 1 on 1's I have trouble with on a consistent basis are Suros, TLW and Hawkmoon and those are all top tier weapons. (obviously I'm not counting heavy weapons in this or random kills from a sniper halfway across the map).

Most of my matches last night I was around a 1.4 or 1.5 KD ratio which is a big improvement for me. I think I still focus way to much on actually capturing the points which leads to many deaths from grenades and supers but I am starting to see the light at the end of the PVP tunnel.

phen0m24

Thanks to Fig, Astropoff, TylerDurden, Boguester and steroyd for letting me glimmer farm with you! Surrounded by Flawless (TM) Folks... and Tyler. ;)

apologizes for Titan Smashing fig's poor lifeless orb

There a plenty of guides and videos out there on how to reach Nat type 1. I could probably even walk you through most of it, if not all.

Assuming you have access to your router and/or modem, you should be fine.

Hmm...I've been having some odd chat issues and error codes lately so I'll definitely be checking into that as well. Thanks!

jett

D-Member
The current scout rifle you can get at rank 5 is all you need anyway, shooting through walls is a perk I love on my sniper and that scout rifle has it too.

Shooting through walls? Is this not broken in PVP? :p

I may have to get it now. Just need to farm glimmer...again!

And I just realized due to accelerated coils I'm gonna have to roll my rifle, but I did like it's range increase...

Mindlog

Spine for my Hunter? Thank yo Xur. I'll even buy and use the Mida for that kind of generosity. Level 30 is now.

Just need a raid chest or helm for my Titan and they're all set.

Cømet

Banned
roll with a group, should win about 75% of the time.

Reminds me that I really need to check my friendslist in game before diving in. Usually I'll get into a lobby and realise there's a team of folks looking for one more I could've joined. Similarly I've received invites from folks and assumed it's for a raid whilst I'm bannering it up and decline. Though, there a little IB note would go a long way.

GAFers are a lot more fun to play with than randomers!

Deku Tree

Things I still want in Destiny that I don't yet have. Nov. 14 edition

Hype-Horn
Praetorian foil
Vex mytho
Athens epilogue (got on Wed.)

2nd raid boots warlock
2nd raid helm warlock (got on Thursday.)
Heart of the Praxic Fire

Titan Raid boots.
Titan Raid chest.
Titan Raid gauntlets.
Titan Raid helm. (Titan has no raid gear.)
helm of saint 14 (got on Tuesday.)

Things I still want in Destiny that I don't yet have. Nov. 21 edition

Hype-Horn
Praetorian foil
Vex mytho

2nd raid boots warlock
Heart of the Praxic Fire

Titan Raid boots.
Titan Raid chest.
Titan Raid gauntlets.

Did 3x Nightfall, 3x Weekly, 2x Hard Raid, 1x Normal Raid (plus hard raid oracles to gorgons) this week... basically done with weekly activities... made no progress in acquiring any new desired items. But I did buy some exotic gauntlet armors from Xur to add to my collection. Still had lots of fun though which is the main point anyways..

zewone

sy65Wdn.png

Got this drop from Nightfall.

It's amazing in PVP, better than VoC.

It has the same ROF and Impact, similar stability, but much better range and slightly better reload.

The perks my roll ended up having I feel work better in a PVP enviroment.

Mulligan vs. Full Auto. I don't even use full auto, so the chance of returning missing bullets to my clip is much more welcomed.

Third Eye vs. Zen Moment. Radar active while ADS is so much better than adding stability to an already super stable gun.

At first I was a bit pissed off about getting a legendary drop from NF but after looking at it more, very happy.

Shooting through walls? Is this not broken in PVP? :p

I may have to get it now. Just need to farm glimmer...again!

And I just realized due to accelerated coils I'm gonna have to roll my rifle, but I did like it's range increase...

My queens bounty supremacy sniper has killed many crucible victims through walls and single layered objects, I love it.

The armor piercing rounds can go through one layer of wall, as long as it's a valid spot, I think some corners are bullet proof no matter what.

I have had a few scout rifles drop with iridium rounds and they do not go through walls. Only my snipe rifle with iridium rounds goes through walls.

hm, really? :(

gdt

I'm down for one more hard raid from the Gatekeeper, but tomorrow. Just throwing it out there if anyone is planning for anything after 1pm est tomorrow.

I've up to 5 hard raids now as 29s, so I think I'm done Normal raiding. In the interest of saving time anyway.

3 30s and 3 29s is totally comfortable at the GK btw. 2 30s and it starts to feel rough but its doable.

The Atheon phase is much easier IMO.

exYle

So, I just reached level 29 as a Sunbro.

Would anyone be kind enough to take me through the hard raid for the first time?

No, they were just literally in the GK room glimmer farming the yellow enemies, and let me join in. It was fun.

We had 5 of us as Astro had to split and then I did shortly thereafter.

LOL. Shhh... Don't give away the secrets or Bungie will change the difficulty of the mobs in the Hard raid. You know, because it was too hard.

Sullichin

Ugh I need glimmer but don't want to grind Tiger Strikes

It would be awesome if there was a consumable that gave you glimmer from guardian kills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom