• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

I'm at the point where I can't afford to really keep all the Legendary weapons that I have until Bungie gives us more vault space.

A lot of the B Tier ones I have are fun when I want to do something different but they're taking up a lot of space in either the vault or a character if I need to transfer over lots of weapons for Nightfalls or Raids or PvP.

It sucks, and I want to keep them.

Are there any reasons why I should play IB if I already have level 30 armor for legs and gauntlets?

Million Million shader.

I want IB boots even though I have raid ones because my raid gear is too strength heavy, the IB boots will help balance my skill regen out a bit.

jett

D-Member
Okay, so far I've wasted over 30 motes rolling the IB fusion rifle, see if I can get both rangefinder and accelerated coils. No dice though. This is like a literal slot machine. At this rate I'll be wasting them all. :p

Stantron

I'm at the point where I can't afford to really keep all the Legendary weapons that I have until Bungie gives us more vault space.

A lot of the B Tier ones I have are fun when I want to do something different but they're taking up a lot of space in either the vault or a character if I need to transfer over lots of weapons for Nightfalls or Raids or PvP.

It sucks, and I want to keep them.

Yup, I hope Bungie considers this a problem that needs to be addressed. Especially with all the new gear coming in the next expansion. I actually want a lot more space. Like on the order of 3 times more.

@Kor, oh so NAT Type 1 is better than NAT Type 2? Ah would look into that. Thank you very much! I do have access to my router. I thought I had all the ports open but apparently not

Hmm...I've been having some odd chat issues and error codes lately so I'll definitely be checking into that as well. Thanks!

I recommend you skip port forwarding and skip straight to either DMZ or UPnP if either of those are an option.

Frenden

Banned
Okay, so far I've wasted over 30 motes rolling the IB fusion rifle, see if I can get both rangefinder and accelerated coils. No dice though. This is like a literal slot machine. At this rate I'll be wasting them all. :p

I wasted 42 on three lashes to get the ultimate frankenlash.

Thanks guys! So the Light is dictated by the items you have equipped and cannot be "earned" like XP - got it!

Only other tip I can give is get to 28 then stop leveling armor and hope that RNGesus blesses you with raid armor. No reason to have to level armor pieces twice.

Might not be a good tip but it seems to have made the mental breakdowns that happen trying to grind for crap in my group at a minimum.

Yup, I hope Bungie considers this a problem that needs to be addressed. Especially with all the new gear coming in the next expansion. I actually want a lot more space. Like on the order of 3 times more.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I cleaned my vault out a bit, dividing up my weapons to my 3 characters, and just keeping my top of the line stuff I swap for raids and high level PvE stuff in there, but it's such a pain. I never know where any of my guns are, but some of my legendaries are getting more use now since they're actually on a character.

zewone

What's everyone's hour count at? I need to hear some big numbers to make me feel better about my life.

All 3 character totals:

Dhh3va5.png

EDIT: Total is 450 hours.

jett

D-Member
I wasted 42 on three lashes to get the ultimate frankenlash.

Finally tally: 47. I'mma sticking with just hip fire and accelerated coils. Rangefinder+AC just wasn't gonna happen. I don't really mind the waste of motes, I have no use for the things.

So I unlocked the Hammer Forged perk on the IB fusion rifle.... and it's freaking OP. It replaces Final Rest II as the pvp fusion rifle IMO. I think Hammer Forged is better than Accelerated Coils.

Arc, hip fire, and Hammer Forged = dead players from afar.

gatti-man

Only other tip I can give is get to 28 then stop leveling armor and hope that RNGesus blesses you with raid armor. No reason to have to level armor pieces twice.

Might not be a good tip but it seems to have made the mental breakdowns that happen trying to grind for crap in my group at a minimum.
This is bad advice. Lvl 28 cannot run hard raid. Your denying yourself extra rolls at the best gear to possibly save shards when shards are an unlimited resource. I have over 100 shards now extra.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
The Ahamkara Spine gloves are amazing. I've had them maxed for weeks. With a max discipline build, your grenade cooldown fills just as your placed tripmine expires. You now have unlimited PVP claymores or unlimited area denial in PVE.

Remember that raid video where the fella closed a channel of enemy movement with a box? Imagine unlimited explosive boxes that route mobs where you want them to go.

It boggles my mind to see folks crapping on them--it pained me to swap them out for Iron Banner gear so that I could wear an exotic chest to reach 30. They totally change how the hunter plays.

I'd love to wear them if the stupid raid would drop the helmet for me.

So I got Corrective Measure last night - my only non-materials drop from either the 2 Nightfalls or the 2 raids I did. People like it, correct? Fills a Machine-Gun sized hole in my inventory.

Out of the box CM is amazing. When I first got it it just blew me away.

MIDA is good but it's not as good as VoC. I mainly use it cause it's a fun weapon to use

This is bad advice. Lvl 28 cannot run hard raid. Your denying yourself extra rolls at the best gear to possibly save shards when shards are an unlimited resource. I have over 100 shards now extra.

Like I said might not be a good tip. I am a newb when it comes to raiding. I just have seen my group get really lucky with raid armor drops.

Sullichin

For those that just got MIDA-

- Field Scout brings the magazine to 27, pretty incredible for a scout rifle, especially with the fast reload.
- I go with Field Scout over agility boost because the MIDA Multi Tool upgrade boosts move speed also. I didn't notice them stacking, but didn't really check
- I go with CQB Ballistics in the first upgrade column. The penalty in range is minor, and you can still score crits from really far away, but this upgrade adds a sliver of impact
- The reload speed is ridiculous with the IB Scout rifle gloves. It's ridiculous without it too.

About to reroll Perun's Fire a few times and pray for accelerated coils. What other great perks am I looking for again? This thing is already really good with the vendor perks, but I guess I can just buy that version again.

EDIT: Holy SHIT, *two* legendary engrams from a cryptarch level up package! A primary weapon and chest piece. What's it gonna be!!!
EDIT 2: It was hunter chest armor (I'm a level 30 warlock) and Venation III, the Dead Orbit hand cannon. Will keep to add to my collection of handcannons.

For those that just got MIDA-

- Field Scout brings the magazine to 27, pretty incredible for a scout rifle, especially with the fast reload.
- I go with Field Scout over agility boost because the MIDA Multi Tool upgrade boosts move speed also. I didn't notice them stacking, but didn't really check
- I go with CQB Ballistics in the first upgrade column. The penalty in range is minor, and you can still score crits from really far away, but this upgrade adds a sliver of impact
- The reload speed is ridiculous with the IB Scout rifle gloves. It's ridiculous without it too.

About to reroll Perun's Fire a few times and pray for accelerated coils. What other great perks am I looking for again? This thing is already really good with the vendor perks, but I guess I can just buy that version again.

EDIT: Holy SHIT, *two* legendary engrams from a cryptarch level up package! A primary weapon and chest piece. What's it gonna be!!!

I don't see the need for accelerated coils, it's already fast as it is. It has the same base stats as Dead Orbit's Final Rest II.

Reroll for Hammer Forged and kill from afar. The perk increases the range significantly.

So I just found Jolder's Hammer with arc. Can I re-roll this and potentially get solar on it? I have 100+ Motes. Sorry I'm not sure how this works.

LiK

So I just found Jolder's Hammer with arc. Can I re-roll this and potentially get solar on it? I have 100+ Motes. Sorry I'm not sure how this works.
You can, I actually want Arc on mine. It's currently a Void and I already have two MGs with Void and two with Solar.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's not good or bad advice, it's a choice. This is the whole topic of the fourth guide post. If I hadn't received raid gloves when I did, I'd have stayed at 28 a long time.

Sullichin

I don't see the need for accelerated coils, it's already fast as it is. It has the same base stats as Dead Orbit's Final Rest II.

Reroll for Hammer Forged and kill from afar. The perk increases the range significantly.

The vendor version already has Hammer Forged! But it's in the same column as flared magwell. Don't need more than 4 shots though. You can hold WAY too much fusion rifle ammo in Crucible.

Hmm...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
From reddit, on the merits of the MIDA Multi-Tool (faster movement speed):
Let me just add this tidbit. If you are a titan that loves to shoulder change, Buy This Gun. NOW.

If you spec for raw speed, it will make you so fast that you can charge in, smack a bitch, and run out popping the heads of the two slack-jawed guys wondering why their friend just exploded.

There's a Gaffer who is in 100+ rank

20s??
My Cryptarch rank is 73

Like I said, I just got 2 legendary engrams from a package... but it's just still usually straight blues every time, you're not missing much.

People are way past that, my friend. Loot cave did wonders for Cryptarch rank lol.

Well don't I feel dumb now. Never bothered with the loot cave myself, but man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom