• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I swear that 80% of the people I play with in IB do not have any clue how the point system works.

Why the fuck are you sprinting towards C if we don't even have A&B locked down? These idiots just hurl themselves at enemy points with no caution like a group of lemmings gladly feeding the other teams territory and the score differential become insurmountable before I can even get my bearings.

Also, what are these people thinking all standing on the nearest point when a match begins?? Its so freaking easy to cap that point. You need 1, 2 people max. It's not in any danger. The priority is to get B and start defending it. Ugh.

Thank goodness I have a group to play with at night but they aren't always available.

The vendor version already has Hammer Forged! But it's in the same column as flared magwell. Don't need more than 4 shots though. You can hold WAY too much fusion rifle ammo in Crucible.

Hmm...

I forgot about that. Well, I got in in Arc and Hip Fire. Accelerated coils and Hammer Forged are in the same column as well. Tried to reroll for Rangefinder and Hammer Forged but couldn't get it, so I just stopped at Arc, hip fire, Hammer Forged.

I swear that 80% of the people I play with in IB do not have any clue how the point system works.

Why the fuck are you sprinting towards C if we don't even have A&B locked down? These idiots just hurl themselves at enemy points with no caution like a group of lemmings gladly feeding the other teams territory and the score differential become insurmountable before I can even get my bearings.

Also, what are these people thinking all standing on the nearest point when a match begins?? Its so freaking easy to cap that point. You need 1, 2 people max. It's not in any danger. The priority is to get B and start defending it. Ugh.

Thank goodness I have a group to play with at night but they aren't always available.
The more people that cap it, the more get those +75 points, the higher your team's score.

X-Frame

From reddit, on the merits of the MIDA Multi-Tool (faster movement speed):

Yup, I put those 2 things together a while ago but I only started leveling up my MIDA this week because of all the juicy IB bounties.

I'll be testing it out this weekend along with a max Agility build as I just unlocked all the upgrades except the Energy ones.

Sullichin

The point is that everyone that caps it gets +75 points, so you can start with a bigger boost if everyone caps the first point at once, and then you all go to B or C. Splitting up to get a head start on the second cap is a good idea too, but you should always have more than one person capturing a point when possible.

They want the sure points rather than running to a spot that could potentially get them killed. Most people care more about their personal point total at the end than they do about winning.

edit: ^ Plus what they said. But I think my reasoning is probably the most likely.

E92 M3

Well don't I feel dumb now. Never bothered with the loot cave myself, but man...

Don't feel dumb; most players here are very dedicated. Bungie has never released averages for the whole community. Looking at trophies, if memory serves right, about 30% of people equipped an exotic weapon.

realcZk

My cryptarch level on my main is 53 or something, I've gotten an exotic from him once (hunter dragon bone tripmine gloves), mostly get ass mats from legendary engrams.

anyone doing normal raid in a couple hours? i've mostly played pvp but i guess i need to experience the raid too, finally. i know nothing about it lol. would be awesome to roll with experienced players who have the patience to carry a noob. im level 28 though, with decent legendary/exotic stuff. so i should do ok in a normal raid as long as there are others who know what to do.

Hoodbury

A lot of maps the A point sucks. Each map has a more preferable 2 flags to hold. I think it's more important to get the correct A or C depending on the map than it is to get B - see Blind Watch as an example. Do whatever you can to get the C flag.

Also like others mentioned, 6X75 is 450 points. Kinda a nice way to start the match.

Sullichin

Playing that Perun's Fire lottery:

First roll:
Arc, Performance Bonus, Quickdraw/Perfect Balance/Enhanced Battery, Cascade

Second roll:
Solar, Performance Bonus, Accelerated Coils(!)/Perfect Balance/Skip Rounds, Grenadier

I'm a bit low on motes so I'll go with that, was looking for accelerated coils

LiK

The key to control is to cover two points asap and hold for as long as possible. Yea, quite obvious.

But one thing I've noticed with some groups I played with is their stubbornness is taking the third point. While I agree that spawning in one spot works, it doesn't help if you happen to be up against another good team who's constantly flipping the spawns. I found losing is not an option if sticking to the current plan ain't working.

If things start turning ugly, I will take control of the third point to keep the score from being one-sided and most importantly of all, it distracts a few members of the other team into leaving the hot zones to try and take back that less important point. That ends up helping my team take back the important points.

I don't care if I'm not following the strategy perfectly. Gotta adapt to win.

Also like others mentioned, 6X75 is 450 points. Kinda a nice way to start the match.

I understand this. The problem is that almost never translates into an sustainable lead unless you can grab points and keep them clear. So it ends up mattering very little. At 200 a pop for clearing people off your point, it's the vastly superior way to get a solid lead.

Jinjo

From reddit, on the merits of the MIDA Multi-Tool (faster movement speed):

Holy shit. I've had two MIDA's for ages, but haven't even considered that. Levelling one for my Titan, like now.

Anyone can confirm it being as good as they say it is?

I did see the Multitool's potential with the new exotic hunter boots though, with the increased ADS movement speed. Guess it should be good in combination with the new exotic Titan boots too, with the longer shoulder charge window.

blazeuk

Anyone doing a hard raid run for those new to it? Finally got to 29 yesterday and while I've gone through the raid on normal plenty of times, not tried the hard raid as of yet.

Sullichin

The key to control is to cover two points asap and hold for as long as possible. Yea, quite obvious.

But one thing I've noticed with some groups I played with is their stubbornness is taking the third point. While I agree that spawning in one spot works, it doesn't help if you happen to be up against another good team who's constantly flipping the spawns. I found losing is not an option if sticking to the current plan ain't working.

If things start turning ugly, I will take control of the third point to keep the score from being one-sided and most importantly of all, it distracts a few members of the other team into leaving the hot zones to try and take back that less important point. That ends up helping my team take back the important points.

I agree. Sometimes it is advantageous to capture a point while the other team is busy capturing another. If you spawn closer to one of their points, you are at least taking a zone away from them instead of just losing one of yours.

I was with you until the beginning of match comment. Free points, dude. EACH player gets 75 points per cap. While I agree that not everyone needs to be on it, you should have 3-4 cap it while the others roll off to another point. You should only be 5-7 seconds behind them anyway.

Definitely gotta adapt as situations change. But I've noticed that going for a third point is almost always a waste of manpower if you have two points that are close to each other well-defended. You can easily maintain a comfortable 2-3000 point lead that way.

Love watching everyone asking about what perks to look for in their re-rolls when I've probably played close to 50 IB matches now and haven't gotten a single weapon drop.

I was with you until the beginning of match comment. Free points, dude. EACH player gets 75 points per cap. While I agree that not everyone needs to be on it, you should have 3-4 cap it while the others roll off to another point. You should only be 5-7 seconds behind them anyway.

Like I said, I understand this. I've never seen this strategy yield consistent results though. That lead is easily overcome with a few kills.

Heel

Playing that Perun's Fire lottery:

First roll:
Arc, Performance Bonus, Quickdraw/Perfect Balance/Enhanced Battery, Cascade

Second roll:
Solar, Performance Bonus, Accelerated Coils(!)/Perfect Balance/Skip Rounds, Grenadier

I'm a bit low on motes so I'll go with that, was looking for accelerated coils

I had no idea that rerolling adds element damage. Void scout rifle, here I come.

LiK

Definitely gotta adapt as situations change. But I've noticed that going for a third point is almost always a waste of manpower if you have two points that are close to each other well-defended. You can easily maintain a comfortable 2-3000 point lead that way.

That's the problem. When the scores start to flip and we end up on the losing team, gotta try taking over another point. I may go rogue and do that and it usually works. I found that enemy teams usually have 1-2+ guys who try to take back that spot. It works remarkably well if the other teams are mainly randoms too. That's from my own experience.

Heel

I think it only changes the element of the fusion rifle since it's already solar. The scout rifle doesn't have an element so I don't think reforging will get an element for it.

Ahhh, bummer. I don't think any reroll of the scout rifle would get me to switch away from VoC unless it had a different element.

That's the problem. When the scores start to flip and we end up on the losing team, gotta try taking over another point. I may go rogue and do that and it usually works. I found that enemy teams usually have 1-2+ guys who try to take back that spot. It works remarkably well if the other teams area mainly randoms too. That's from my own experience.

Yeah I agree. At some point you gotta let the enemy have something and go for where they aren't especially if it affects them mentally. >:) I'm not advocating sticking with one strategy, I'm just saying too many people seem to run around without one.

LiK

Yeah I agree. At some point you gotta let the enemy have something and go for where they aren't especially if it affects them mentally. >:) I'm not advocating sticking with one strategy, I'm just saying too may people seem to run around without one.

Yea, which is why playing with randoms in IB is so awful. It seems they do worst than normal Crucible. High level scrubs.

Be home in 10 minutes. Would love to do some normal raiding.
either fresh run with my level 29 alt Void Lock. Or I still need Atheon on my main Sunbro.

PS4
Nick_or_Dawood

Anyone else? Please friend me. Maxed Epologue. TRUTH. ICE BREAKER.

Yea, which is why playing with randoms in IB is so awful. It seems they do worst than normal Crucible. High level scrubs.

I gotta hand it to Bungie though they did an awesome job keeping it fun even if your team isn't helping you. I can always work on my bounties during the fight if we're way behind and cashing in medallions is quite satisfying. I got rank 5 in three days even with all this nonsense.

X-Frame

Re-rolling weapons sounds like something that really should be in the main game ASAP.

I understand they're using the IB to test it first, but what exactly are they monitoring?

It'd be a wonderful use of Motes when people no longer have any need to gamble with exotic engrams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom