• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

Yeah, I got a Vanquisher when I kept leveling NM and and The Chance when I did it with FWC. You may also get a better roll of a gun you already have. At some point it's just a nice bonus for ass mats since you'll eventually get all the weapons you want.

LiK

Faction shaders should be sold. If people ranked up in them, they should be allowed to buy them.

Hell, even IB handler lets you buy them. This is how factions should be. Making them random drops is dumb as hell.

How do you reroll perks on gear? I see some posts about people saying they want to do it. I haven't played in a few weeks, so is this a new feature or something?

RNGesus blessed me just now. Re-rolled the fusion rifle again knowing it would reset my unlocks and I got Arc, Rangefinder, Flared Magwell/Hammer Forged/Enhanced Battery, and Cascade.

It's good that Xur is selling fusion telemetries lol. I feel like testing my luck on the Lash and re-rolling for Rangefinder + Field Scout.

jeffc919

Re-rolling weapons sounds like something that really should be in the main game ASAP.

I understand they're using the IB to test it first, but what exactly are they monitoring?

It'd be a wonderful use of Motes when people no longer have any need to gamble with exotic engrams.

yea, hopefully it's something they do soon, along with letting you spend marks to buy materials. You shouldn't ever have to spend time on low level content (e.g. patrol mode, story) unless you want to.

jett

D-Member
RNGesus blessed me just now. Re-rolled the fusion rifle again knowing it would reset my unlocks and I got Arc, Rangefinder, Flared Magwell/Hammer Forged/Enhanced Battery, and Cascade.

It's good that Xur is selling fusion telemetries lol. I feel like testing my luck on the Lash and re-rolling for Rangefinder + Field Scout.

Rangefinder is only a 4% increase so it's not that big a deal.

LordofPwn

Hey so me and a buddy are going to be doing the VoG drinking game tonight. Normal Raid at around 8pm Pacific (Bungie time). looking to do this with some raid noobs to make things more interesting. I will also be streaming this glorious event and will probably be asking for donations for Extra Life.

Summary:

PS4 NORMAL RAID @8PM PST/4AM GMT
1. LordofPwn - lvl 28/29 Titan/Hunter
2. DairyZeus - lvl 28/30/30 Hunter/Warlock/Titan
3. Robot Carnival - lvl 27 Hunter
4. Xadden - lvl 27 Hunter
5. the_log_ride
6. Righty10 - lvl 29 Hunter

Alt 1. someday
Alt 2. Righty10's buddy
Alt 3. Astroturfing

Be sure to tune in and watch as 2 raiding pros up the difficulty while helping some noobs clear the Vault of Glass!

twitch.tv/zuckt

If you are a Raid noob and would like to join in, just quote this post and i'll add you to the list.

Invites will be sent out at approximately 8pm with the raid probably starting at 8:30 because it always takes time and people have to go to the tower.

EDIT: FULL!

hydruxo

I'm willing to bet that reforging IB weapons is kind of like a beta for Bungie. They're gonna see how it works out and then hopefully let us reroll any legendary gear at some point.

jeffc919

About how long does it take to hit Rank 3 from scratch?

IB rank 1 is basically for free. Rank 2 takes about 1/2 as much reputation as rank 3 and up. Rank 3, 4, and 5 take the same amount of reputation.

The 12 hour buff is going to greatly speed things up. Without it I'd say you'd be looking at something on the order of ~2-3 hours to reach level 2, then another ~4 hours for each of levels 3 through 5. That's assuming you complete most bounties and take advantage of the gains you get for equipping the emblem, shader, and class item when you can. But the tempered buff is already up to ~40% and increasing every day, so you should be able to get there faster.

These are rough estimates based off my playing time this week.

Strider

I took the time to get the materials to max my Atheons Epilogue earlier today... so. Damn. Boring.

I have 5-6 more weapons I could max if I took the time to go get the materials but running in circles for chests? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

at least I have a maxed solar and void primary now... I'd love a fate bringer but I doubt I'll ever get it.

MildSoss

I'm trying to max out my Atheon's Epilogue. One less Suros if that happens but I like Suros.

Is it that good for IB? I used it during regular crucible for the void damage bounty but found it pretty bad to use compared to autos like the shingen and ghallad.

LiK

Is it that good for IB? I used it during regular crucible for the void damage bounty but found it pretty bad to use compared to autos like the shingen and ghallad.

There was one AE user in IB that we came across that was doing well with it. Figs can vouch for me. I'm planning on using it for PVP in general to help with the thorn bounty.

Twice in a row I have been the only person on my team with a KD above 1.0, gg matchmaking.

Yeah I think I need to level up my suros, I want an OP weapon for the rest of this weekend.

FyreWulff

Yeah one of these days I'd like to play Control with an organized team that knows everyone capping the first point actually gives us more points, and delaying the cap of a point slightly to let another teammate get in also helps

If you optimize the caps in Control there's basically no way for the other team to catch you.

Axoman

Any XB1 players planning a hard raid this weekend?

Would like another chance at getting either raid chest armor or raid helmet.

I find hard light sucks in IB, everyone rocks a suros or 3 hit scout rifle, and I say this as a level 30 maxed out.

Hard Light needs to be buffed. It sucks so much compared to the legendary autos (never mind Suros and Monte Carlo). I have all of the exotics minus Plan C, and Hard Light is the worst exotic IMO

Hoodbury

I think he's OK with the blood thirst given that it was the blood of the other team.

If you somehow found out how to spill the blood of OUR team, I think I'd have to consider playing with you less... maybe...

More IB tonight? I want to get a hard raid in too maybe. That can wait though. I definitely want to get to level four for the IB gloves on my hunter. I just hit lvl 3 last night.

If you guys have room again tonight or any night feel free to invite me. I PvP pretty much every night but have done it solo the entire time except now for IB. Being in a party is much more fun than going solo of course so this week has been a treat for me.

Hard Light needs to be buffed. It sucks so much compared to the legendary autos (never mind Suros and Monte Carlo). I have all of the exotics minus Plan C, and Hard Light is the worst exotic IMO

I feel like it's a good PvE weapon but not a PvP one, it's a really good crowd killer with it's penetrating rounds.

It's not that it's weak in PvP, it's that other guns are way too strong :)

Faction shaders should be sold. If people ranked up in them, they should be allowed to buy them.

Hell, even IB handler lets you buy them. This is how factions should be. Making them random drops is dumb as hell.
this!
this!
this!

I got lucky with my Titan and got a that Gold and Red shader in Tiger Strikes. My Helmet was the only non-New Monarchy armor and this Gold and Red Shader made it all work well together, like an inverted Iron Man

If factions had shaders, you would see a Goth uptick heading towards Dead Orbit to deck their Guardians in Goth colors

jett

D-Member

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm.. I'm thinking of canceling Weekly Clinic hours tonight in favor of putting an IB group together around 9 eastern time. Sorry to anyone who was looking for Weekly Heroic/Nightfall help this evening. I'll poke around tomorrow looking for anyone who needs last-minute coins for Xur.

LordofPwn

Hey so me and a buddy are going to be doing the VoG drinking game tonight. Normal Raid at around 8pm Pacific (Bungie time). looking to do this with some raid noobs to make things more interesting. I will also be streaming this glorious event and will probably be asking for donations for Extra Life.

Summary:

PS4 NORMAL RAID @8PM PST/4AM GMT
1. LordofPwn - lvl 28/29 Titan/Hunter
2. DairyZeus - lvl 28/30/30 Hunter/Warlock/Titan
3. Raid Noob 1
4. Raid Noob 2
5. Raid Noob 3
6. Raid Noob 4

Alt 1.
Alt 2.
Alt 3.

Be sure to tune in and watch as 2 raiding pros up the difficulty while helping some noobs clear the Vault of Glass!

twitch.tv/zuckt

If you are a Raid noob and would like to join in, just quote this post and i'll add you to the list.

Invites will be sent out at approximately 8pm with the raid probably starting at 8:30 because it always takes time and people have to go to the tower.
Quoting for new page because i need people for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom