• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
Hey so me and a buddy are going to be doing the VoG drinking game tonight. Normal Raid at around 8pm Pacific (Bungie time). looking to do this with some raid noobs to make things more interesting. I will also be streaming this glorious event and will probably be asking for donations for Extra Life.

Summary:

PS4 NORMAL RAID @8PM PST/4AM GMT
1. LordofPwn - lvl 28/29 Titan/Hunter
2. DairyZeus - lvl 28/30/30 Hunter/Warlock/Titan
3. Raid Noob 1
4. Raid Noob 2
5. Raid Noob 3
6. Raid Noob 4

Alt 1.
Alt 2.
Alt 3.

Be sure to tune in and watch as 2 raiding pros up the difficulty while helping some noobs clear the Vault of Glass!

twitch.tv/zuckt

If you are a Raid noob and would like to join in, just quote this post and i'll add you to the list.

Invites will be sent out at approximately 8pm with the raid probably starting at 8:30 because it always takes time and people have to go to the tower.

8pm PST you said? count me in then

PSN: Beholder-Y (27 Hunter)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Can Iron Banner gear get you to lvl 30?

You can get boots and gloves from IB that will get you to 30 as long as you have Raid pieces for the remaining slots or Raid/Exotic combo.

Beaten: didn't refresh lol.

I expected to play more IB than I have, but being at 30 already is little incentive. Guess I'll play a little and hope for some IB item drops.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol, I got Pocket Infitiny post nurf. This thing is like suicide in PvP, yay I killed one guy but oh I am reloading!
hahaha. you have it unlocked right?

damn the special weapon reload bug is brutal though. I was so much more efficient with it :/
It's pretty beastly in Rumble. Everyone uses that there.
it owns rumble. It's beastly everywhere. I'll be sure to illustrate this by rolling with it during some matches tonight, just wish my special reload would work....

LiK

damn the special weapon reload bug is brutal though. I was so much more efficient with it :/
it owns rumble. It's beastly everywhere. I'll be sure to illustrate this by rolling with it during some matches tonight, just wish my special reload would work....

I hate FRs so the more FR bugs there are the better, haha

i got shotguns impregnated permanently into my Special Weapons slot in my mind.

I will practice in Rumble to try to get the timing right but Invictive 2 taps + Melee does it for me

blazeuk

on blind watch if the enemy team take B and C you get spawn camped like silly.

and fuck the suros, it's pissing me off now.

If that happens you basically have to ignore B and have most players push for C, Blind Watch even with the fixes still favours C spawn so it's best to ignore A entirely. If you play with randoms, in my experience, too many of them do everything they can to capture B thinking it's the most important one when switching the spawns should be the aim (so the same as it's always been).

Fusion rifles are still my annoyance in crucible, they seem to be the main weapons that kill me and tons of that happens from a fair distance away too.

Question to those who have ranked up fast in Iron Boner, how many hours per day do you put into?

I got a day job and can only play so much at night, I reached Level 2 yesterday and and am at the 25% till Rank 3

heh. you understand that for a full group nightfalls were made universally easier, right?
I wonder how that works for people that join into a solo game. Does it automatically scale whenever they join, or is it based on when a boss battle occurs? Or is it only easier when you start with a full party? I had two people join up with me during the final boss fight, and the only thing that seemed different was the fact that enemies weren't just shooting at me.

LordofPwn

What's the drinking part?

That's a reasonable question, seems like pretty crucial information left out of that post XD

The Vault of Glass Drinking Game v1.0.1 is where you drink:
if you die
if there's a glitch
if an enemy sacrifices or controls a sync plate
if you lose the spire
if you get marked
if you wipe
if you fail the jumping puzzle (drink twice if you're me)
*if you kill yourself with a rocket or grenade (counts if you stick an enemy and they rush you) drink twice
*if you accidentally fall off a ledge drink twice
*pull a fig drink twice

Hotfix v1.0.1
Added extra instances for drinking requirements.
Fixed UI element for Title.

I dont expect any of the noobs to do this.

Also my roommate is joining so we now only need 2 more!

From r/destiny

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...loing_nightfalls_did_get_harder_confirmed_by/

I was playing solo last night in patrol and it felt like enemies were hitting a little harder than normal, I wonder if this affects patrol as well.

I love how Bungie said "We acknowledge that this is undesirable for many players and we are considering different ways to solve these problems."

How fucking difficult is it to just include matchmaking? Holy shit.

Oh and I actually think it's stupid that they made the nightfalls easier.

k1t4j

I'm trying to max out my Atheon's Epilogue. One less Suros if that happens but I like Suros.

I love how Bungie said "We acknowledge that this is undesirable for many players and we are considering different ways to solve these problems."

Bungie was always "you guys play the game the way WE want you to play it" never mind if some silly design choices need to be done or not

matmanx1

I reached Rank 2 in IB last night and so far I feel like it is even more fun than regular Crucible. The best part is I am still getting crucible marks and rep for participating in IB!

My usual loadout is:

TDYK - primary
Invective - special
The Swarm - heavy

Lots of head shots from both the primary and heavy with Invective in there for close quarters. If I had TLW maxed I would swap out TDYK but maybe that will happen for next time. Of course if I did that I would have to find another shotgun choice.

My regular 3 man fireteam has a just over 50% winning percentage so far in IB. If we had a full 6 I imagine we would clean up but even with winning every other game or so we're making decent progress. It's fun!

heh. you understand that for a full group nightfalls were made universally easier, right?

Good for the people who spend time looking for team mates on message boards then. I only play solo, matchmaking, or with real life friends and since most of my friends have already given up on this game and Bungie refuses to implement matchmaking, not much left for me to do with this game now I guess.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wonder how that works for people that join into a solo game. Does it automatically scale whenever they join, or is it based on when a boss battle occurs? Or is it only easier when you start with a full party? I had two people join up with me during the final boss fight, and the only thing that seemed different was the fact that enemies weren't just shooting at me.
Actually, the change made it so that there's no scaling at all. They reduced the damage taken from enemies and lowered the overall HP of enemies as they were previously scaled from a group of 3, and then applied those values regardless of how many people are in the group. So if you're soloing, you're firing on the "real" version of the enemies, they're not scaled down because you're alone. But they're easier than the "full group" version of enemies before the patch.

That is unrelated. It is literally referring to people who desire the experience of soloing and dislike the increased difficulty.
The idea wasn't to make them considerably easier so much as to make it easier to do in a group than to solo

The Vault of Glass Drinking game is where you drink:
if you die
if there's a glitch
if you lose the spire
if you get marked
if you wipe

If its the drinking game you're playing I'm in.

Edit: Just saw the time. That's early morning for me so no drinking/game for me :-(

someday

Banned
The Vault of Glass Drinking game is where you drink:
if you die
if there's a glitch
if you lose the spire
if you get marked
if you wipe

Lol, I would have been drunk off my ass if we did this during Hawkian's newbie raid last night. I'll check in later if you're still looking for newbs though. I could try it with my warlock but I really need to get some things done today.

Righty10

Hey so me and a buddy are going to be doing the VoG drinking game tonight. Normal Raid at around 8pm Pacific (Bungie time). looking to do this with some raid noobs to make things more interesting. I will also be streaming this glorious event and will probably be asking for donations for Extra Life.

Summary:

PS4 NORMAL RAID @8PM PST/4AM GMT
1. LordofPwn - lvl 28/29 Titan/Hunter
2. DairyZeus - lvl 28/30/30 Hunter/Warlock/Titan
3. Robot Carnival - lvl 27 Hunter
4. Xadden - lvl 27 Hunter
5. Raid Noob 3
6. Raid Noob 4

Alt 1.
Alt 2.
Alt 3.

Be sure to tune in and watch as 2 raiding pros up the difficulty while helping some noobs clear the Vault of Glass!

twitch.tv/zuckt

If you are a Raid noob and would like to join in, just quote this post and i'll add you to the list.

Invites will be sent out at approximately 8pm with the raid probably starting at 8:30 because it always takes time and people have to go to the tower.

I'm in if you still have a spot. Level 29 Hunter who ran the vault for the first time last week. PSN DoubleB22.

I also have a buddy, a 28 Titan, who will go if there is room.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lol, I would have been drunk off my ass if we did this during Hawkian's newbie raid last night. I'll check in later if you're still looking for newbs though. I could try it with my warlock but I really need to get some things done today.
I'd have had no objection

although "killing yourself with a rocket launcher" seems mysteriously absent from his list of reasons to drink twice!

Actually, the change made it so that there's no scaling at all. They reduced the damage taken from enemies and lowered the overall HP of enemies as they were previously scaled from a group of 3, and then applied those values regardless of how many people are in the group. So if you're soloing, you're firing on the "real" version of the enemies, they're not scaled down because you're alone. But they're easier than the "full group" version of enemies before the patch.

That is unrelated. It is literally referring to people who desire the experience of soloing and dislike the increased difficulty.

The idea wasn't to make them considerably easier so much as to make it easier to do in a group than to solo
ooooOOOooooh, I get it now. I think you need to be writing the Bungie Updates, seriously.

realcZk

Hmm.. I'm thinking of canceling Weekly Clinic hours tonight in favor of putting an IB group together around 9 eastern time. Sorry to anyone who was looking for Weekly Heroic/Nightfall help this evening. I'll poke around tomorrow looking for anyone who needs last-minute coins for Xur.

got an extra spot for a group of gaffers for pvp tonight if you are ok playing with a thorn user

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
got an extra spot for a group of gaffers for pvp tonight if you are ok playing with a thorn user
ok? I prefer it ;)

what time are you talkin'?
ooooOOOooooh, I get it now. I think you need to be writing the Bungie Updates, seriously.
XD thank you

the crazy thing is.. I actually like DeeJ's prose. It's just so ill-suited to "disseminating boring but easily-digestible and factually accurate information to rabid gamers."

Frenden

Banned
I entered IB at 29 to get my boots and gloves. I have an alt at 26 with maxed, good weapons (hawkmoon, suros, red hand, icebreaker, pocket infinity, and more). Do you think it'd be competitive? It would save me from sinking mats into its current legendary gear any further to get the boots and gloves now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom