• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
XD thank you

the crazy thing is.. I actually like DeeJ's prose. It's just so ill-suited to "disseminating boring but easily-digestible and factually accurate information to rabid gamers."
I've always liked Bungie's update wordsmiths (miss you, urk), but you hit the nail on the head with that comment.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeaaaah, I seriously misunderstood your warnings about that.
hehe, if it's any consolation, it was much more inglorious when I was learning the same lesson- Gjallarhorn scatters little Wolfpack Rounds all around your corpse to punctuate the failure.

Frenden

Banned
I've always liked Bungie's update wordsmiths (miss you, urk), but you hit the nail on the head with that comment.

I tend to prefer spartan prose in general, but would still be more tolerant of the guilded wordsmithing if they'd release a simple, bullet pointed list in addition to it.

k1t4j

Guys just got a timur's lash that it rolled with:

PERFORMANCE BONUS: Kill with this weapon grant bonus reserve ammo

EXPLOSIVE ROUNDS: self explanatory

PERFECT BALANCE: you all know it

FIELD SCOUT: a gaf favorite

REACTIVE RELOAD: reloads after kill grant bonus damage

I think I like it honestly, not sure if I'm going to risk any reforging.

Opinions?

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
You're a pro now, you could lead the thing!
XD

lol hardly, I only know some of the in and outs but I'm always a firm believer of practice makes perfect.

The Vault of Glass Drinking game is where you drink:
if you die
if there's a glitch
if an enemy sacrifices or controls a sync plate
if you lose the spire
if you get marked
if you wipe
if you fail the jumping puzzle (drink twice if you're me)

I dont expect any of the noobs to do this.

Also my roommate is joining so we now only need 2 more!

lol well, what drink we talking about? I might just go get a case of beer for this XD I know I'll most likely drink at sacrifices/control syncplate/wipe/jumping lol

although "killing yourself with a rocket launcher" seems mysteriously absent from his list of reasons to drink twice!

lol and it was such a mystier for such a long time too, like "how you died Someday?" XD

milkham

after rerolling a bunch i ended up with timur's lash with the following
1) zen moment
2) choice of field scout, flared magwell, explosive rounds,
3) Final Round

i have 3 motes left, what do you guys think?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I tend to prefer spartan prose in general, but would still be more tolerant of the guilded wordsmithing if they'd release a simple, bullet pointed list in addition to it.
Oh, he actually did that this time, in the comments
DeeJ
Edited: 21h 3m ago Permalink

Too Long, Did Not Read:
-Update 1.0.3. was the biggest yet
-If you need help with the 1.0.3, see Bungie Help
-Thorn was accidentally nerfed by 1.0.3
-Last word was not, contrary to Internet hysteria
-Exotics will be tuned prior to the Dark Below
-Strikes changed to fix a bug that blocked incentives to team up
-Iron Banner math explained in line graphs
-Cheaters have been unbanned (for now)
-They guy who made the Tumbler is awesome

I can provide a summary like this every week, if you like.

I entered IB at 29 to get my boots and gloves. I have an alt at 26 with maxed, good weapons (hawkmoon, suros, red hand, icebreaker, pocket infinity, and more). Do you think it'd be competitive? It would save me from sinking mats into its current legendary gear any further to get the boots and gloves now.

Yup, this was me... Now I'm rank 4 and 28

I actually didn't even use maxed weapons all the time.

LordofPwn

Anymore room for this?
Added! what's your PSN?

Lol, I would have been drunk off my ass if we did this during Hawkian's newbie raid last night. I'll check in later if you're still looking for newbs though. I could try it with my warlock but I really need to get some things done today.
Added to Alternate!

I'm in if you still have a spot. Level 29 Hunter who ran the vault for the first time last week. PSN DoubleB22.

I also have a buddy, a 28 Titan, who will go if there is room.
Added, and Buddy added to alternates

I'd have had no objection

although "killing yourself with a rocket launcher" seems mysteriously absent from his list of reasons to drink twice!
See patch notes for latest update to the game.

I'm in desperate need of an iron banner group. I'm sick of being the top scorer of most games and losing due to shitty teammates and no communication.

If there are any spots open, please message/add me: PSN: Leonidas2123 (ps4)

IB Team: Steroyd, astro, fig, tyler, and kalamari- Sorry for disappearing on that last round, had something come up all of a sudden so I will be off for a while but probably on later if there's a team going.

Had another great day of running IB with gaffers though, so much fun. Any round when we actually had all 6 people accounted for was a serious steam roll, gg.

Hoodbury

what are we signing up for? I want to sign up.

I can't start the PVP train until 8 or 9 anyways but if I can line up a group ahead of time then hell yeah.

Iron Banner tonight. But there hasn't been any sign up really that I know, heh. Hawkian said he might do IB tonight instead of Nightfall or something like that.

But if there is a sign up, sign me up!

Dave_6

Question to those who have ranked up fast in Iron Boner, how many hours per day do you put into?

I got a day job and can only play so much at night, I reached Level 2 yesterday and and am at the 25% till Rank 3

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm also about the same rank as you and hoping I can at least reach rank 4 or 5 before IB is done.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Guys just got a timur's lash that it rolled with:

PERFORMANCE BONUS: Kill with this weapon grant bonus reserve ammo

EXPLOSIVE ROUNDS: self explanatory

PERFECT BALANCE: you all know it

FIELD SCOUT: a gaf favorite

REACTIVE RELOAD: reloads after kill grant bonus damage

I think I like it honestly, not sure if I'm going to risk any reforging.

Opinions?
seems nigh-perfect to me. points for your descriptions too lol

LordOfPwn im down for that normal raid if there's still a spot! level 28 warlock, total raid virgin. psn name astroturfing.

when is it starting again, how many hours from now? im in a different timezone and on my phone and cant be arsed to figure out the starting time in my time.

jay23

Nightfall rewarded me with an arc light/beware. Now I have a light/beware for every burn damage.

Glad Xur brought along exotic hunter gauntlets this week, I can finally hit level 30.

I love the concept of iron banner but I wish defense points would actually play a part, I feel as weak as paper against all these suros', fusion rifles and bullshit supers.

In the last 8 losses i'm pretty sure 5 of them were that bullshit mars map.

LordofPwn

LordOfPwn im down for that normal raid if there's still a spot! level 28 warlock, total raid virgin. psn name astroturfing.

when is it starting again, how many hours from now? im in a different timezone and on my phone and cant be arsed to figure out the starting time in my time.

8PM (Bungie Time) PST/4AM GMT

I'll add you to the list of Alternates. let me know if the time doesn't work for you.

k1t4j

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm also about the same rank as you and hoping I can at least reach rank 4 or 5 before IB is done.

I reached rank 4 with roughly 12h spread across 4 days (only play at night after work)

I focused on the bounties and made sure to finish them off all first, I bought the boost every day even if I only used it for like 3 hours.

But seriously I feel that bounties helped a lot

forrest

formerly nacire
Was wondering if someone thought about running a hard mode raid for ppl new to it. I'm level 30, have fully levelled raid weapons, but have been holding off until I get a PS4 which should be around Dec 1st. I would love to squeeze in a hard mode clear before the xpac releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom