• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

I really need to farm some matts but I don't want my Tempered to go to waste :/

Gotta finish upgrading AE, start upgrading Vex Myth, and now Timurs Lash

Got Timbur's Lash with Zen Moment + Grenadier and Lightweight/Perfect Balance/Explosive Rounds. Any good or should I reforge? Anything in particular I should be looking for? Only thing I'd like to have now is field scout, but at least its got stability going for it.

I wanted outlaw and field scout but settled for range finder, third eye and field scout.

void666

Banned
Another raid. Nothing but shards and energy. I might try iron banner tomorrow. It seems to be my only chance to reach 30. All i need are the boots.

Been raiding for weeks with my Warlock and the only raid gear I got was boots.

First raid ever with my Hunter tonight and boom, gauntlets and chest. So my Hunter that I've spend two weeks on already has better potential to hit 30 than my Warlock I've been using for months.

rNilla

First raid ever with my Hunter tonight and boom, gauntlets and chest. So my Hunter that I've spend two weeks on already has better potential to hit 30 than my Warlock I've been using for months.
Such is RNGesus.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

And that's why it's good to have multiple characters.

My gear just sucks compared to everyone else, so I just focus on getting as many control spots as possible, yeah, I'm the test dummy out there getting murdered..

Youre not the only one. I'm trying to rank up, plus do the thorn and bad juju (I think it is) bounties. Don't care about IB itself lol as I'm absolutely terrible at it. I am the random that everyone complains about. I really don't care though since the game is what's forcing me into it. It's not a choice.

border

Does the Rank 3 Iron Banner Emblem give a bigger reputation boost than the Rank 1 emblem? I don't want to waste my glimmer on it unless it does.

Cornbread78

Youre not the only one. I'm trying to rank up, plus do the thorn and bad juju (I think it is) bounties. Don't care about IB itself lol as I'm absolutely terrible at it. I am the random that everyone complains about. I really don't care though since the game is what's forcing me into it. It's not a choice.

Have you done the weekly strike yet at Lvl 22?

Omni

HOLY SHIT. I got the Vex, Truth, Plan C, VoC, Fatebringer and raid boots, chest and gauntlets over two raids (One on normal and another on hard on a different character)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
thanks for the matches guys. dang some rough close ones there, ended up doing pretty well though overall. no medallions in my pocket ;) at about rank 2.2/3 from that, level 30 by sunday is not out of the realm of possibility.

Jainc78

Banned
thanks for the matches guys. dang some rough close ones there, ended up doing pretty well though overall. no medallions in my pocket ;) at about rank 2.2/3 from that, level 30 by sunday is not out of the realm of possibility.

That's how we roll winning by 10k points isn't out of the question.

Magik

Well that was annoying. Got kicked from the game 3 times in a span of a few minutes.

And what on Earth is going on with the spawns? Our team had control of B and C on Blind Light (I think thats what its called), and the game spawns us at A after dying which of course allows the other team to cap B and C on us.

Stupid things like that drives me crazy about PvP in this game.

Well that was annoying. Got kicked from the game 3 times in a span of a few minutes.

And what on Earth is going on with the spawns? Our team had control of B and C on Blind Light (I think thats what its called), and the game spawns us at A after dying which of course allows the other team to cap B and C on us.

Yup. The spawns sometimes puts you right where the enemy team is at. Today, I spawned right in front of two enemy players on Firebase Delphi by C when we had A & B.

GhaleonEB

My new Hunter reached level 20 today, and inherited the Makata (I think that's what it's called) passed down from my first build. It was fully leveled, with explosive rounds, and bumped up my damage by ~80 points from the rifle I had been using.

Normally the hard mode story missions pose a decent challenge but I used that to annihilate everything for the last three missions. Kinda just walked forward shooting while everything died in fiery explosions. I enjoy Destiny when it's a good (fair) stiff challenge, but damn it felt good to pull ahead of the curve for just a bit and crush my enemies and see them driven before me. The 1-20 process is pretty quick, but its very enjoyable.

I'll be doing the post level 20 grind more slowly than on my last build, but more efficiently as well, now that I understand the leveling systems better. Hopefully these new resource economies that have been hinted at arrive soon.

Yup yup, good times. Got to go to work happy. Definitely think I can make rank 4 by reset. Unfortunately I still won't be 30 since I'll need either a helmet or chest piece. Hopefully chest.

But I will be a comfortable 29, so maybe I'll be able to do the hard raid this weekend and get lucky.

Daemul

Blind Watch was an abomination of a map, and Bungie has miraculously found a way to make it worse. It's an even bigger cluster fuck than Fusionbase Delphi now.

Cornbread78

Ya know, the more I play CruCoble the more I realize how stupid the leveling system is in it. They should give lower level guys at least some kind of fucking chance to kill someone, but instead, you can empty a clip in their head, but it just remover their shield... such a stupid design decision.. They need to create a bar ebony mode and make players actually show some skill rather than just brunt power from equiptment.

Ya know, the more I play CruCoble the more I realize how stupid the leveling system is in it. They should give lower level guys at least some kind of fucking chance to kill someone, but instead, you can empty a clip in their head, but it just remover their shield... such a stupid design decision.. They need to create a bar ebony mode and make players actually show some skill rather than just brunt power from equiptment.
What are you talking about? Iron Banner or regular Crucible? Iron Banner is meant to be an unbalanced fuckshit. Crucible you can do just fine with very basic equipment as long as you are at least level 5 or so.

zewone

It's weird how you just described the exact opposite of reality.

SharkJAW

Looking to run hm raid. Starting at gatekeepers. PS4
1. SharkJAW
2. LordofPwn
3. 2real4tv
4. deafmedal
5. squallheart
Quote this/add me if interested.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

I do fine against 29s and 30s with a 28. You just have to play smart and use the environment and your teammates to your advantage. Also having your weapons leveled up helps. All in all it's group effort. An organized team that moves together will win over a team with guys just running around going their own way. It helps to have backup when you are caught in a crossfire. I seen higher level players play absolutely stupid so even with that advantage it's not a sure win for them.

Cornbread78

I do fine against 29s and 30s with a 28. You just have to play smart and use the environment and your teammates to your advantage. Also having your weapons leveled up helps. All in all it's group effort. An organized team that moves together will win over a team with guys just running around going their own way. It helps to have backup when you are caught in a crossfire. I seen higher level players play absolutely stupid so even with that advantage it's not a sure win for them.

Only lvl 21, so it's not looking pretty for me, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom