• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeOak

I do fine against 29s and 30s with a 28. You just have to play smart and use the environment and your teammates to your advantage. Also having your weapons leveled up helps. All in all it's group effort. An organized team that moves together will win over a team with guys just running around going their own way. It helps to have backup when you are caught in a crossfire. I seen higher level players play absolutely stupid so even with that advantage it's not a sure win for them.

But but... I like to be Rambo!

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
If you are playing Iron Banner at a lower level, you are asking for pain. I'm glad RNG handed out Plan C to me a while back, because I leveled that up all the way to 300 damage and it is great for control matches. Unfortunately I got that Dead Orbit auto rifle (Unwilling Soul 09) with shitty stability before the Super Plox VLO, so that is my only primary weapon that does 300 damage and I'm not fond of it. The Shadow Price with 267 damage is better for that auto rifle headshot bounty.

Anyway, I got to level four in Iron Banner at the same time as hitting 100 crucible marks for the week, so I think I'm good with it for now. I just need 20,000 glimmer by monday night to buy the gauntlets and fusion rifle to go along with the leg armor. Two questions: 01. I got a second Jolder's Hammer. What does changing the specs on it with two motes of light accomplish? It says nothing in the UI about what it will do for you. 02 Is there any point in grinding up to level five in Iron Banner for the Scout Rifle? I already have Vision of Confluence from the one time I did the raid, and not nearly enough ascendant energy to go around with all the exotic bounties I have completed.

zewone

I have to admit I was wrong about Pocket Infinity. I've basically been using it as a primary weapon in IB. It's ridiculously OP still.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you're 3-4 levels behind, you can still be an assist type for the bigger boys. Any more than that is pushing it and you should probably stay out of fire fights and just be a sneak and try to capture.

Zocano

The concept of Iron Banner is weird. I've thought over it a lot before but that type of game will naturally just only allow Lv 28-30 to succeed even if they allow all 20+ through. But PvP in games with stat progression is sort of inherently garbage because of that. It was garbage in WoW if you weren't near the top level wise in your Battleground tier and it's pretty garbage if you aren't high enough level here.

And then the PVP in general is just not super great. I mean it's enjoyable in the same vein as CoD where it really isn't that incredibly competitive (because it's inherently imbalanced). It sort of has that same mindlessness that you find in CoD where you can just sort of turn your brain off, shoot, and do well..

It's not Halo
it should be
but there isn't much I can do about it. I'll play it from time to time (basically when Iron Banner is up) but otherwise I'll just stick to Strikes/Raids.

Seriously, though, take out supers and the gameplay will be infinitely more challenging and enjoyable.

rNilla

Day 4. Still no space bus. It seems everyone around me is bestowed with a drop of the hulking brown intergalactic turd. I fear I may not be able to hold on to my sanity for much longer. Tell Sally I love her.

Grimsen

Trying to level the IB rep with my two sub-30 alts, to level 4 at least. I should pull it off tomorrow.

Waking the Hive is still the best way to farm glimmer solo?

Reached rank 5 with my Hunter, and the game gave me another Jolder´s Hammer, looks like the other 9 machineguns i own are not enough because the RNG contínues to give me the same shit over and over, in the meanwhile a clanmate drowns in Timur´s Lashes, i just want one goddammit.

I guess that today i´ll try my luck in the IB with my warlock alt, and see if i can reach rank 3 and grab those boots

fake edit: Corrective Measure wrecks.

WRECKS.

Fusion kills in NF for Pocket Infinity. This is gonna be painful.
I think this would be one of the easier strikes to do it in actually. I did it during the Mars nightfall and that was kind of a bitch.

Though you can always do it outside of the actual strike area. I think the building area linking the moth yard and Skywatch would actually make it fairly simple.

LiK

I think this would be one of the easier strikes to do it in actually. I did it during the Mars nightfall and that was kind of a bitch.

Though you can always do it outside of the actual strike area. I think the building area linking the moth yard and Skywatch would actually make it fairly simple.

There's only 10 kills there, wouldn't be bad except for constantly reloading it when I die. Gonna be a slog.

Gonna try to get as many kills with my lowly lvl 26

Finished hard raid on my lock! Got boots, the vex, a 3rd voc (dang i wish you could trade),
and mad ass mats. oh yeah another chestpiece and a ship.

Now to do the bounties to get to 30.

There's only 10 kills there, wouldn't be bad except for constantly reloading it when I die. Gonna be a slog.

Gonna try to get as many kills with my lowly lvl 26
What? Really? I swore there were like 30 dudes inside that building. I usually use that building to quickly do the Knuckleduster bounty. I'm sure there's more. Granted they don't respawn and it's a long sparrow ride away from where the strike starts.

Kensuke

I got very lucky this week. Got 5 exotics in the space of about 3 hours.

Nightfall:
Heart of Praxic Fire

Raid 1:
Universal Remote (2nd chest)

Raid 2:
Icebreaker (2nd chest, already had it)
MIDA Multi-Tool (Atheon)
Vex Mytho (Atheon, already had it)

I also got the raid weapons I was missing: Atheon's Epilogue, Hezen's Vengeance and Fatebringer.

Amazing week.

I'm done with my unlocks on the IB weapons Lash and the fusion rifle. With Field Scout, it brings the mag total to 13 rounds for the Lash. I also have Rangefinder, and it hits like a truck in Crucible.

I unlocked Rangefinder and Hammer Forged on the fusion rifle and I have to say it's OP in pvp. The range that I can one-shot people from the hip is crazy, when I ADS it gets stupid ridiculous.

realcZk

Anyone got any good builds for skull of dire ahmakara? Just now leveling my void walker and wasn't sure how good energy drain is.

LiK

Rofl, I'm trying to farm Venus and this bum keeps racing against me for chests. I leave and go back to Venus and its him again. I guess it doesn't refresh the servers immediately.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
while doing the bounty for double fusion rifle kills, I discovered that if you use Pocket Infinite's continuous shoots to kill stuff, even if they were not kill by the same burst, it still counts. like as long as you kill more then one while you're holding down the fire button until you need to reload, it counts. I got my bounty of 20 double kills done in less then 10 minutes. hope this is helpful ;-)

I'm trying to do other kill bounties while I'm farming. I don't need him taking everything while I do that in my loop

Fair enough. Most bounties I pick up that keep me in an area, are applicable to that area, or else I move to the next area. When a random gets a kill around you, it still applies to your bounties, thankfully.

LiK

Dammit, rerolled Jolder's and I got everything I wanted except it's Solar. Wanted Arc for it, oh well. I'll keep it.

while doing the bounty for double fusion rifle kills, I discovered that if you use Pocket Infinite's continuous shoots to kill stuff, even if they were not kill by the same burst, it still counts. like as long as you kill more then one while you're holding down the fire button until you need to reload, it counts. I got my bounty of 20 double kills done in less then 10 minutes. hope this is helpful ;-)
I think most, including myself, get it done in like 5 minutes with the Dark Beyond mission. Though if what you're saying is true then it will cut that time even more. Thanks, I'll check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom