• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTG

Oh man, I really like the MIDA. It's my preferred weapon for pve(no, I don't have a VOC), handles really well and third eye rocks. How good are the movement buffs? My warlock is literally the slowest thing in Destiny, am I gonna feel like a hunter with knucklehead radar on when I upgrade it or what?

Anybody complaining that only higher levels can compete in iron banner is forgetting that you can get to level 29 completely without rng. It's not like the majority of people who are level 30 got there in a week.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
When does the Crota's End Raid unlock? Is it the week after the Expansion Pack launches like the Vault of Glass? I heard it from a GAF'er I was raiding with tonight. Which by the way, was great. Gonna start coming here to fill in the blanks. Also, I'm fighting with watching the intro CG for Crota's End. I want to go in blind but it's always right there on the front page. Is a little taste too much?

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
I think most, including myself, get it done in like 5 minutes with the Dark Beyond mission. Though if what you're saying is true then it will cut that time even more. Thanks, I'll check that out.

ah yes, the respawn trick. I never like doing it because of my OCD on not dying if possible and since BD Hunter can go invis, I usually just do that and line up the shot on earth or moon with low lvl stuff, but now with the Pocket Infinite I should be able to do it faster XD

When does the Crota's End Raid unlock? Is it the week after the Expansion Pack launches like the Vault of Glass? I heard it from a GAF'er I was raiding with tonight. Which by the way, was great. Gonna start coming here to fill in the blanks. Also, I'm fighting with watching the intro CG for Crota's End. I want to go in blind but it's always right there on the front page. Is a little taste too much?

Only RNGesus knows.

ah yes, the respawn trick. I never like doing it because of my OCD on not dying if possible and since BD Hunter can go invis, I usually just do that and line up the shot on earth or moon with low lvl stuff, but now with the Pocket Infinite I should be able to do it faster XD

Even more than respawn, it keeps a checkpoint at the door if you don't finish the mission so when you leave and come back days later with the bounty again you load back at the door and don't have to do the first half of the mission. Saves a few minutes and the bounty is done in no time.

Only lvl 21, so it's not looking pretty for me, lol.

Killing isn't the only way to win. If it's a map where spawn points are crucial, camp on the spawn point you want (don't try to capt he point) then your whole team will eventually start spawning there and they'll cap the point. Or if you already have the point, stay on that spawn so enemies can block the spawn and suddenlyy our team is spawning somewhere terrible

coolasj19

Maledict

I think most, including myself, get it done in like 5 minutes with the Dark Beyond mission. Though if what you're saying is true then it will cut that time even more. Thanks, I'll check that out.

Yep, I did this last week and couldn't figure out at first why the bounty was complete without having to respawn once. Takes two minutes tops using pocket infinity.

Omni

Atheon fight is so broken... It feels like it's gotten worse somehow.

I was playing earlier and only person got teleported to the relic. So we rushed open the portal and two of us went in there and we managed to kill the oracles in time. Which was great. But then only one person was sent again in the next teleport and we couldn't get there in time.

This was on hard, by the way. Super frustrating that they can patch exploits but not the actual bugs ruining the whole thing

LiK

Got Goldspiral shader finally and it's not as nice as I thought. Too white. I'll probably give it to my Hunter or Warlock instead after IB is over.

coolasj19

Vex is perfect for it.
Random question that's super duper extremely obvious now that I've thought about it for more than 5 seconds. Would the Vex work for the Pocket Infinity bounty?
Yes.

Goddamit that things been in my inventory for two weeks! I'm such an idiot!!!!!!

Steroyd

So what is the most likely chance of me getting the overlord RNGESUS to drop me a hawkmoon outside of weeklies? I'm okay with both PvE and PvP.

Farming glimmer is fun.

So what is the most likely chance of me getting the overlord RNGESUS to drop me a hawkmoon outside of weeklies? I'm okay with both PvE and PvP.

Farming glimmer is fun.

delete a character, grind to 20 run raid and nightfall again - only option really :D

Daily rage alert: Forgot to hand in iron banner bounties yesterday, so they all got reset today and are gone. It's bullshit.

I was playing earlier and only person got teleported to the relic. So we rushed open the portal and two of us went in there and we managed to kill the oracles in time. Which was great. But then only one person was sent again in the next teleport and we couldn't get there in time.

This was on hard, by the way. Super frustrating that they can patch exploits but not the actual bugs ruining the whole thing

When only one or two people get teleported it's safer to just grab the relic while the outside team quickly opens the portal and run out with the relic and cleanse. It doesn't matter if you don't get the Oracles. They won't kill you if you get out before they despawn. No times vengeance but it's still safer then trying to get in and help. Just hope it gets corrected on the next run.

Does anyone know how big the mag is with the extended mag on Jolder's Hammer? I managed to get the solar I was after with perfect balance, quick reload and kills reduce grenade cool down, but I'm used to my Zombie Apocolypses with 75 rounds. I've got enough Motes for another sixty spins.

Does anyone know how big the mag is with the extended mag on Jolder's Hammer? I managed to get the solar I was after with perfect balance, quick reload and kills reduce grenade cool down, but I'm used to my Zombie Apocolypses with 75 rounds. I've got enough Motes for another sixty spins.

50. JH is much higher impact and slower rate of fire though.

50. JH is much higher impact and slower rate of fire though.
Thanks. Yeah I feel like Zombie Apocalypse has enough impact. I can stun lock just about anything in PvE and I have over seventy Machine Lord medals an PvP and I'm shit. It definitely seems to rock players. Never quite understood the fixation on the impact stat.

amar212

What is the "IB ship" everyone waits to drop?

I got Legendary ship yesterday, I remember it from the Beta, it is called something like "old times something" and it looks like a flying container.

Is that the one?

Loomba

the only 30 light gear I need is the chest (I'm Titan).

Does a chest piece exist? will it come in the next Iron Banner?

And will our Iron Banner rep stay or reset for next time?

THanks

What is the "IB ship" everyone waits to drop?

I got Legendary ship yesterday, I remember it from the Beta, it is called something like "old times something" and it looks like a flying container.

Is that the one?

IB ship is called Birth of History. I want it so bad.

Got no space for Warcock.

3V1lneM.jpg

the only 30 light gear I need is the chest (I'm Titan).

Does a chest piece exist? will it come in the next Iron Banner?

And will our Iron Banner rep stay or reset for next time?

THanks

Your rep will reset, but there'll only be 3 ranks instead of 5. I assume the chest will be for sale next time instead of the boots and gauntlets. I'm sure they've found a way for the helmet to be stupidly hard to get.

Geneijin

Another party of 5 for PS4 Iron Banner. Looking for one more.

PSN Kopyasu

Team full.

Well that was annoying. Got kicked from the game 3 times in a span of a few minutes.

And what on Earth is going on with the spawns? Our team had control of B and C on Blind Light (I think thats what its called), and the game spawns us at A after dying which of course allows the other team to cap B and C on us.

Stupid things like that drives me crazy about PvP in this game.
Yup. The spawns sometimes puts you right where the enemy team is at. Today, I spawned right in front of two enemy players on Firebase Delphi by C when we had A & B.
When someone is standing on the spawn, it'll do that.

finally hit IB Rank 5. Won't bother with that anymore lol. Only thing left for me to do now before my break is to complete bounties to help upgrade my legendary/exotic weapons

SAiLO

I can't believe this! Yesterday got Gjallarhorn from completing the nightall, today my second Ice Breaker drops from Iron Banner.

I don't need anything else (apart from raid armor set).

Might actually get it on the next raid!

Hzoltan69

So, I tried Iron Banner yesterday. I'm not a PVP player (I never play competitive shooters), so - as expected - I really sucked at it. Didn't really feel the level differences either, as a lvl 29 with maxed weapons I kept losing firefights to lvl 27s. I tried a few weapons (AR, SR, HC), neither of them really clicked. :(

First of all, thanks for the GAF team for putting up with my total incompetence. :)
Second: Do you guys have any tips on how to improve? Is it just practice, learning the maps etc. or is there something more to it?

I am really enjoying this new iron banner. I am currently halfway through level 3 and if I wasn't away this weekend I would hit 5 and buy everything. As it is I will have to settle with 4.

I've found it challenging to kill level 30 (I am 28) and you can definitely notice the difference against lower ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom