• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladelaw

Well I made it to level 30 thanks to the Iron Banner. Now I just need to farm up a bunch of glimmer to grab the scout rifle. What are peope hoping to roll on it? I'm thinking of stability and firefly.

Rubenov

Does anyone know how many Gjallarhorn rockets it takes to kill those Praetorians outside the Spire on the VoG? 2 maxed Truth rockets almost got there... but leaves them with a sliver of health.

400 hours played across 2 hunters and one titan. 300 of them on my main hunter :/

Cool so we have 2, we preferably want more 30's though so it's easier.

Anyone else interested in a HM run? (some 30's and warlocks:) )

1. Hunter 30
2. Hunter 29

I only need hard atheon but can do a fresh run, probably bring a friend along too.

I have a gatekeeper checkpoint on hard if we can find four more

Join up with the above group.

Ikkarus

Cool so we have 2, we preferably want more 30's though so it's easier.

Anyone else interested in a HM run? (some 30's and warlocks:) )

1. Hunter 30
2. Hunter 29
I'll join if you have space - PSN = Ikkarus.

Ran numerous Hard Raids. Lvl 29 Hunter.

Zakalwe

Banned
About 30 motes got me a Jolder's Hammer with field scout, rangefinder & crowd control.

Wanted to be arc but I guess I'll stick with the fire version.

Not bad. I have one with increased stability, field scout, and reactive reload. RR isn't ideal but the stability and field scout make it a bit of a beast in pvp.

Still stoked about my FR re-roll. Hipfire, coils, grenadier. :3

I'm a little addicted to this event. Has its flaws but Bungie did good overall.

It's good to see you have your priorities in order. :p

Will you guys be playing IB this evening?

Have they said anything about pre downloading the DLC due in december?

I hope they plan one, cause PSN will go down once it is up for download.

hmm maybe i'll hop on for a quick strike...

"WHETHER WE WANTED IT OR NOT..."

*nope*

okay, let's try this again...

"WHETHER WE WANTED IT OR NOT..."

WE DONT WANT IT!!!

Does anyone know how many Gjallarhorn rockets it takes to kill those Praetorians outside the Spire on the VoG? 2 maxed Truth rockets almost got there... but leaves them with a sliver of health.
1 rocket from Gjallarhorn nearly does the job if u get a clean hit. 2 is over kill.

Just had my best game ever in the crucible (Iron Banner game too) with 31 kills and just over 7000 points. Was having a great session this morning too (all the good players must have been asleep still).

Finally got to Rank 5 now. See you later IB!!

Mattiator

Screenshot_2014-11-22-06-55-41.png~320x480

Well I never expected to become a guardian lord. When I first started playing I told my buddies this game is repetitive and lame and look at me now. Thanks for all the help and information. I met a lot of great people from this great community.

Just had my best game ever in the crucible (Iron Banner game too) with 31 kills and just over 7000 points. Was having a great session this morning too (all the good players must have been asleep still).

Finally got to Rank 5 now. See you later IB!!

Congrats on that. Seriously awesome, I looked at how much work it was going to take to achieve 5 and just crept away from the deep end of the pool.

Well I never expected to become a guardian lord. When I first started playing I told my buddies this game is repetitive and lame and look at me now. Thanks for all the help and information. I met a lot of great people from this great community.

Wow, this is an amazing feat in the realm of digital feats.

deafmedal

Lets form a Weekly Hard Mode Raid Group!
ugghhh, that run last night was doofy, I was having serious issues with party chat and it only got worse and worse. Hadn't had that happen before :mad: And then the glitches...

Anywho, I would be down for at least one of the spots, good for any day really, except Sunday as that's my og groups day for raiding. Weekdays I can generally be on after 7 PM CST, Friday I usually stay up late and can be on anytime Sat...

Byron I'm sorry we got our wires crossed last night. :(

Team deaf, I started watching Blacklist on Netflix and fell asleep.

:(

Long week of too many 1 am nights.

Going to try to IB to get boots as it seems the raid isn't cooperating. Yuck. :(

Don't be sad, it was, uh, pretty horrible lol! I wish I needed boots or gloves, I need the same drops (hat or jacket) for 'lock and hunter, and will only be on my second raid this week with my Titan so technically he could use them... I just know if I don't get the IB stuff I'll end up needing one of those for my drop heh.

RNG has been particularly cruel to me this week, at least I didn't buy P&T when it was up so last nights drop was cool-ish. Won't replace 'breaker but should supplement it well on arc burns ;)

Not bad. I have one with increased stability, field scout, and reactive reload. RR isn't ideal but the stability and field scout make it a bit of a beast in pvp.
I managed to get the exact same thing with Solar, which I was looking for. It seemed to give me arc about 7 times out of ten. Took about 30 rolls.

EL CUCO

Congrats, Matt! Soon I will be there as well. The completionist in me demands of it

Omni

Is there a way to compensate for lack of Vex Mythoclast ammo?

It doesn't seem particularly good and drains through ammo like mad. As far as I can tell VoC is far better which is disappointing. Though I understand it is getting a buff soon 'cause they nerfed it too much, right?

Is there a way to compensate for lack of Vex Mythoclast ammo?

It doesn't seem particularly good and drains through ammo like mad. As far as I can tell VoC is far better which is disappointing. Though I understand it is getting a buff soon 'cause they nerfed it too much, right?
Yeah, it will be buffed

Fitts

What's everyone's best re-rolls on their IB gear?

Moving house atm and all I can think about is Crucible. Thanks Bungie.

Got one with garbage perks. Re-rolled it only once. Got smart drift control, perfect stability, persistence, and feeding frenzy. Better stability and more impact than both swarm and thunderlord plus a good reload perks which I always love. The thing is going to be a beast in PvP, but as I don't care to sink ascendants into it I'll be waiting until iron banner is done and then heading into normal crucible with it.

Woohoo! Just got a second Jolder's Hammer after completing both the headshot bounties seconds before the end of the match. Fuck the melee bounty. It can wait until tomorrow. Currently at 2/10 with all others completed.
I love this game.
Sometimes.
Edit: Also got Hard Light earlier. Today was a good day.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have to admit I was wrong about Pocket Infinity. I've basically been using it as a primary weapon in IB. It's ridiculously OP still.
:p

thing is, since the patch it needs to be swapped out and back in every so often or it bugs, and special weapon reload seems bugged altogether. it was so much deadlier to use before :(

:p

thing is, since the patch it needs to be swapped out and back in every so often or it bugs, and special weapon reload seems bugged altogether. it was so much deadlier to use before :(
Pocket Infinity is getting changed in the Exotic Weapon Patch though
I'd expect it to get 4 or 5 instead of 3 mag size

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Great PvP tips on the last page guys! Also we passed 3/4 to OT11 without me noticing, nice work. '
Pocket Infinity is getting changed in the Exotic Weapon Patch though
I'd expect it to get 4 or 5 instead of 3 mag size
A straight buff to pocket infinity would be absurd, as much as I love to use the thing :p
Why the fuck am I still playing this?
Gooood question!
The 1-20 process is pretty quick, but its very enjoyable.
Outside of not being able to skip cutscenes which is abhorrent, I must say I agree. I was able to mix it up a lot with my second and third characters and it really goes by pretty pleasantly. Of course, Titan is napping this weekend while the Banner is flying.
whoa, just saw new blind watch.

so is it fixed?
I do think it's improved, but others consider it worse. I think it's a poor map for control in general due to the asymmetry. I think it's more reasonable to assault C and flip the spawns when B is held than it used to be though.

Great PvP tips on the last page guys! Also we passed 3/4 to OT11 without me noticing, nice work. '
A straight buff to pocket infinity would be absurd, as much as I love to use the thing :p

Gooood question!

Outside of not being able to skip cutscenes which is abhorrent, I must say I agree. I was able to mix it up a lot with my second and third characters and it really goes by pretty pleasantly. Of course, Titan is napping this weekend while the Banner is flying.

I do think it's improved, but others consider it worse. I think it's a poor map for control in general due to the asymmetry. I think it's more reasonable to assault C and flip the spawns when B is held than it used to be though.

It's a much further trek from B to C than it used to be. C is more exposed as well and doesn't have the sniper window to protect it.

Yea, I was playing with randoms and we lost C and the enemy team was taking B. We all spawned at A and for once I saw a hint of intelligence with randoms when they all bypassed A and headed straight for C.

We eventually won the game.

BTW - Reached rank 5 and bought two Goldspiral shaders for my hunter and lock. The shader on my lock with Voidfang Vestments makes him look boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom