• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Frame

Hawkian, what would you consider the best perks for a reforged Timur's Lash?

After just 2 re-rolls mine has Zen Moment & Luck in the Chamber as the perks, plus Field Scout, Flared Magwell, and Send It as the 2nd options. I'd most likely go Field Scout but then I dilute the Luck in the Chamber's odds, so I am not sure.

E92 M3

Guys, I am starting to get worried about the Ghorn in the next update :( Hopefully I am wrong. My worries stem from the fact they wouldn't want us to trivialize the raid boss.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Honestly, playing so much IB is making me hate Control. Really brings out how imbalanced many of the maps are when a proper team can capitalize on it.
you don't have to convince me. I do so much worse in an average control match than any other mode :(

at least it doesn't have the maps I dislike the most for control though!

where are the blind watch zones now? did they only move C?

They moved all three. C is straight back from where it was, behind the little silos. B is now at the bottom of the steps coming from old A, and A is now down behind the large rectangular pillar thing.

Edit: A was inside before...right? I actually never took it before, so maybe it didn't move?

They moved all three. A is outside the building now; B moved to the stairs; C moved towards the back. C is right in front of you when you spawn Bravo and B is just a hallway away to the stairs.

Guys, I am starting to get worried about the Ghorn in the next update :( Hopefully I am wrong. My worries stem from the fact they wouldn't want us to trivialize the raid boss.

I don't have Ballerhorn and I want to see how it is before they nerf it.

7 strange coins from nightfall :(
Better than the five I got. :)

Zakalwe

Banned

C is in the back right corner (looking from A).

B is at te bottom if the small stair case just underneath where it used to be.

A is (looking toward C from the old spawn) on the right just in front of the old HW door.

Heavy ammo for A is now in the circular room with the revolving parts.

Heavy anmo for C is at the same pillar but on the other side so it's less exposed.

The top of the stairs looking down at B has a wall in the way to prevent sniping straight down to the door at the bottom, and the door at the bottom has a small wall in front to stop sniping up.

Window over C is closed off.

I think it plays better. Easier to flip, games seem to go back and forth much more. B is still a frag fest though.

1271131_979691895378216_4587241292389203913_o.jpg

10357803_979691632044909_6485485973337012309_o.jpg

10468046_979691272044945_513870303532761176_o.jpg

I want the boots but i don't want to play pvp. :(
First world problems i guess...

I'm in the same boat needing those boots. With the Tempered Buff, Emblem, Shader and the Bounties it's not that bad if you can get a group to run with. I hit Rank 2 last night and haven't really even played that much. Find a group and make it happen!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian, what would you consider the best perks for a reforged Timur's Lash?

After just 2 re-rolls mine has Zen Moment & Luck in the Chamber as the perks, plus Field Scout, Flared Magwell, and Send It as the 2nd options. I'd most likely go Field Scout but then I dilute the Luck in the Chamber's odds, so I am not sure.
How much does Field Scout improve the mag? As you've noted, it's suboptimal to have Luck in the Chamber with Field Scout on the same roll, though LitC could be interesting for the gun in certain combinations too...

Some combo of Field Scout, Flared Magwell, Mulligan, Outlaw, Send It, and/or Explosive Rounds would be great.

jett

D-Member
Thunderlord has to be the most beastly weapon I've used so far in this game. With field scout you're unstoppable.

What's everyone's best re-rolls on their IB gear?

Moving house atm and all I can think about is Crucible. Thanks Bungie.

Do you have enough boxes !?!

IB Fusion Rifle with accelerated coils is a monster, I would recommend people keep any re-roll that has it and then just farm glimmer to buy another for re-rolls if they want.

I feel bad for all the people posting about struggling in IB with randoms and having medallions go to waste for losing too much. I went from 0 to rank 5 (and beyond!) without ever maxing medals. Only played with Gaffers and probably won 9 out of 10 matches when we actually had a group together. The only issues were disconnections, having a super laggy host or getting screwed by a random blueberry with a 0.06 K/D that kept capp'ing the wrong point.

Wish I could play more now, real life too real!

Well I never expected to become a guardian lord. When I first started playing I told my buddies this game is repetitive and lame and look at me now. Thanks for all the help and information. I met a lot of great people from this great community.

Yes!! Congrats Mattiator, although we all know only one trophy there really matters. :) Glad you are done with the grind though. Me, you, cyborg, steroyd... time to pick it up astro.

Wow yesterday I got my 3rd Last Word from the raid chest.

Today I went to do some Iron Banner, I got Timur's Lash. From the match right after I got the Legendary hand gun I got Patience and Time.

Then I went to do Nightfall and I got the Monte Carlo.

Thank you RNGJesus.

How much does Field Scout improve the mag? As you've noted, it's suboptimal to have Luck in the Chamber with Field Scout on the same roll, though LitC could be interesting for the gun in certain combinations too...

Some combo of Field Scout, Flared Magwell, Mulligan, Outlaw, Send It, and/or Explosive Rounds would be great.

Field Scout makes the mag 13 rounds. I have that and Rangefinder. Field Scout and Send It share the same tree though, so I think Rangefinder with Field Scout is great.

My Lash hits hard from range when I use it in IB. I would love to see how hard it hits when its maxed.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yup. I own in Clash and my KDR is sitting at 2.3. Control is at 1.12...

Control 1.77
Clash 2.26

Usually because I try in vain to capture points while my team run around ignoring caps and heavy ammo spawns. Only recently started playing with a team, should have done from the start. Was hoping the voice channel would help, but no one uses it.

At least in clash I just get to concentrate on killing.

Got an arc light/beware from an engram last night. I hear it is boss in PvP. Is this correct? The charge rate on my 77 wizard is too long to be truly viable in crucible.

How do those two guns compare to pocket infinity in PvP?

What's the Iron Banner buff percentage today?

I say pretty high. I reached rank 5 on wins alone today and I had ~800 points into rank 4 from the start.

It also helps to equip the emblem, shader, and class item. The level 3 emblem does not offer any improvement over the rank 1 emblem, so keep that in mind so you don't waste your glimmer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It doesn't trivialize him. It just enables you to kick his ass. There's nothing illegitimate about it. Anyone who caught the GAF all-30 speed record attempts on stream knows that it's not just jump-in shoot rockets and win in 10 seconds. Stuff can still happen, you stlil need to at least successfully beat a single portal and have enough people with clear shots/nobody die. It's nothing like pushing him off a cliff with grenades where 5/6 people are dancing in a corner and get the rewards as though they'd actually beat the encounter. That trivializes the encounter.

Gjallarhorn isn't getting nerfed. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any guns have been nerfed based upon what you can do with them in PvE
though Ice Breaker probably deserves it a tiny bit :X

You know what all the guns that have been nerfed so far had in common? Complaints. I could show you pages of people complaining about auto rifles and shotgun kill distance (including me of course) and in particular the Vex Mythoclast; actually I'm pretty sure it was stated to be "embarrassing that Bungie ever thought it was okay" in its pre-nerf form.

Nobody wants Gjallarhorn to be nerfed. Despite near-constant hysteria from a perspective of Bungie targeting everything we love most and squeezing it to death with an iron grip, so far I can't think of any weapon nerfs that weren't actually hollered for by the community (of course outside of the unintended ones last patch). Please, again of course correct me if I'm forgetting anything- though if you say Pocket Infinity I get to bop you on the nose.
Are either of the weapons from IB worth the grind?
Perun's Fire, the Fusion Rifle, can be rerolled for Accelerated Coils (it's in the tree you pick one of three mods from). With this perk, it's the fastest-charging Legendary FR and second-fastest charging FR in the game, second only to Plan C when taking advantage of its unique perk.

bought yung ahakmara's spine which means I have all the hunter exotics. still missing 2 for both warlock and titan one of the titan ones being no backup plans which i won't be able to afford because I bought mida multi tool for some reason

X-Frame

Yeah, agreed. I think I may re-roll until I get Outlaw and Field Scout, then it should be amazing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
bought yung ahakmara's spine which means I have all the hunter exotics. still missing 2 for both warlock and titan one of the titan ones being no backup plans which i won't be able to afford because I bought mida multi tool for some reason
Nice! I'm missing the Symbiote and Raspberry, kinda funny because those two were a lot of Hunters' firsts.

*stretch*
Lazy saturday plan:
Walking dog
then lunch
then soloing 28 weekly (anyone can join if they like though)
then glorious Ironing of the Banner with you fine folk.
Here is what's going to happen:
Bungie is going to buff Ghorn(somehow) and then, after they realize what they have done, nerf it and buff Truth
Edit: yes I know Ghorn isn't getting changed this patch I mean in the future
But if Gjallarhorn gets buffed it will destroy planets

Navid

Regarding the exotic weapon changes that are coming up, has it been confirmed that they are only making changes to the ones pictured (below) in the last weekly update or is that just what people speculating..?

Vh60Yoa.jpg

Because if it's the former I am really surprised not to see Hard Light on that picture.

How do you guys rank the top 5 HCs in this game? Personally have them as:

1) Hawkmoon
2) Fatebringer
3) TLW
4) TDYK
5) Venation 3

Ofcourse it depends on what perks you get with TDYK, Venation and the other legendary HCs.

Ourobolus

Banned

1) Hawkmoon
2) Fatebringer
3) TLW
4) TDYK
5) Venation 3

Ofcourse it depends on what perks you get with TDYK, Venation and the other legendary HCs.

All I know is that since getting my Hawkmoon, I know for damn sure it's replacing my TDYK as I level it up.

not sure how i feel about it.

if the zones are moved, blocking C window seems a bit much...
I wondered that myself. Since C was moved to the other side of that area, why block the window?

EL CUCO

1) Hawkmoon
2) Fatebringer
3) TLW
4) TDYK
5) Venation 3

I'd rank TDYK over TLW mainly because its a well rounded weapon.

ocean

Banned

1) Hawkmoon
2) Fatebringer
3) TLW
4) TDYK
5) Venation 3

I'm not good with HCs in PvP, but I have all of these and Hawkmoon does seem like the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom