• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattiator

Yes!! Congrats Mattiator, although we all know only one trophy there really matters. :) Glad you are done with the grind though. Me, you, cyborg, steroyd... time to pick it up astro.

I can't wait until the new raid we shall dominate that bad boy.

Born2Live

In need of some GAF help. I've been stuck on Atheon(hard) since Thursday, the groups I either get together ain't good enough or when I do find some level 30's it takes to long to get a group together and people start to leave. Also people don't seem to really want level 29's in their groups. It's starting to get frustrating as I only need either the helm or chest piece to become level 30.

So Destiny GAF is there anybody available to team up with me so I can get this completed once and for all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
not sure how i feel about it.

if the zones are moved, blocking C window seems a bit much...
I know what you mean, but in practice I find C is much more "snatchable" than it used to be when one side is holding B and C. The closed window also lets you "sneak" toward C more effectively.

The main thing is that B is still an absolute meat grinder for a team holding B and C; if the other team keeps throwing themselves at B instead of immediately adjusting to assault C, it can go from a close game to massacre in ~30s.

I infinitely prefer this setup. I feel like its much more fair and fun for everyone.

zone placement seems more fair, but i feel like if they can start changing significant sightlines and putting zones in places they weren't designed to be, they may as well redo the map from scratch. it's obviously not feasible, but the fundamental problems with the map will continue to hold it back. was the same when they removed shield doors from Halo 3's Snowbound.

thanks for the responses and pics btw

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
zone placement seems more fair, but i feel like if they can start changing significant sightlines and putting zones in places they weren't designed to be, they may as well redo the map from scratch. it's obviously not feasible, but the fundamental problems with the map will continue to hold it back. was the same when they removed shield doors from Halo 3's Snowbound.

thanks for the responses and pics btw
funny thing is... I love Blind Watch on Rumble. It's hand cannon heaven.

How do you guys rank the top 5 HCs in this game? Personally have them as:

1) Hawkmoon
2) Fatebringer
3) TLW
4) TDYK
5) Venation 3

Ofcourse it depends on what perks you get with TDYK, Venation and the other legendary HCs.

I can only speak for Fatebringer compared to TLW.
In PVP both take 3 shots on any part of the body to kill the enemy if you are at mid to close range.

in PVE I love the Fatebringer, its my first choice now.

In need of some GAF help. I've been stuck on Atheon(hard) since Thursday, the groups I either get together ain't good enough or when I do find some level 30's it takes to long to get a group together and people start to leave. Also people don't seem to really want level 29's in their groups. It's starting to get frustrating as I only need either the helm or chest piece to become level 30.

So Destiny GAF is there anybody available to team up with me so I can get this completed once and for all.

I'll help, do you have 5 players?

Dave_6

About to begin an IB marathon if anyone wants to group up. I'm determined to hit at least rank 4 before the day is over (halfway to 3 right now). Going to finally buy the buff too.

PSN is DaveS78

matmanx1

I'm loving the Iron Banner tempered buff! I'm about halfway through Rank 2 with an average of about 2 hours or less played each night. At this point Rank 3 is easily attainable and dare I say it, Rank 4 might be doable.

Has anyone been able to verify what today's % buff is?

hydruxo

1) Hawkmoon
2) Fatebringer
3) TLW
4) TDYK
5) Venation 3

Ofcourse it depends on what perks you get with TDYK, Venation and the other legendary HCs.

I agree with your top 4, though I'd replace Venation with Lord High Fixer because nobody has the same version of Venation since you can't buy it. Same with the other faction/iron banner hand cannons. You could get a Venation with crazy good perks or you could get one with average perks, it just depends.

matmanx1

1) Hawkmoon
2) Fatebringer
3) TLW
4) TDYK
5) Venation 3

I would swap the position of TDYK and TWL if you are talking PVE. For PVP I think you are right on the money although TLW might actually move up just under Hawkmoon. I have no experience with Fatebringer. I've never been killed by it and I don't own one so I really don't know anything about it other than it is an Arc HC.

Hawkmoon is a terror in PVP and so is TLW. TDYK is a surgeon in PVE content. It removes heads quickly and cleanly with 1 shot and the bonus range with Send It and huge magazine (for a HC) make it my top Legendary pick.

Regarding the exotic weapon changes that are coming up, has it been confirmed that they are only making changes to the ones pictured (below) in the last weekly update or is that just what people speculating..?

Vh60Yoa.jpg

Because if it's the former I am really surprised not to see Hard Light on that picture.

Interesting.

Looking at what's on there that could be right.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

1) Hawkmoon
2) Fatebringer
3) TLW
4) TDYK
5) Venation 3

tough to say across the whole game, there's a big PvP/PvE split

think about how Fatebringer allows you to bring, say, Ice Breaker or Gjallarhorn and has Arc damage. Thorn also ranks many times higher in PvP than PvE. but do you count stuff like that, or is it just "properties and ability to kill of the gun"?

I'd do a list like this for the first part, considering Vendor versions of the legendaries:
Best PvP: (pre-ninja) Thorn/TLW/Hawkmoon
Best PvE: Fatebringer
Best PvP Legendary: Lord High Fixer

TDYK beats other legendary HCs in PvE like you said. Venation III and the other HCs from the factions can roll with a huge range of perks. I really want "The Chance" with Luck in the Chamber (appropriately enough) but it's just random. With the wrong perks they can suck. The Venation III that I have has pretty great perks.

if it's just how good the gun is though

1) Hawkmoon
2) Hawkmoon
3) Hawkmoon
4) Hawkmoon
5) Hawkmoon

Screenshot_2014-11-22-06-55-41.png~320x480

Well I never expected to become a guardian lord. When I first started playing I told my buddies this game is repetitive and lame and look at me now. Thanks for all the help and information. I met a lot of great people from this great community.
Welcome to the guardian lords of GAF! Always had an awesome time playing with you btw.

ugghhh, that run last night was doofy, I was having serious issues with party chat and it only got worse and worse. Hadn't had that happen before :mad: And then the glitches...

Anywho, I would be down for at least one of the spots, good for any day really, except Sunday as that's my og groups day for raiding. Weekdays I can generally be on after 7 PM CST, Friday I usually stay up late and can be on anytime Sat...

Don't be sad, it was, uh, pretty horrible lol! I wish I needed boots or gloves, I need the same drops (hat or jacket) for 'lock and hunter, and will only be on my second raid this week with my Titan so technically he could use them... I just know if I don't get the IB stuff I'll end up needing one of those for my drop heh.

RNG has been particularly cruel to me this week, at least I didn't buy P&T when it was up so last nights drop was cool-ish. Won't replace 'breaker but should supplement it well on arc burns ;)

Saturday nights then? Doesn't have to start tonight but we can get organized to be ready for next Saturday around 9pm EST?

Lets form a Weekly Hard Mode Raid Group!

It's become really difficult to complete 3 raids a week having 3 characters (30 Titan, 29 Warlock and 29 Hunter) mainly due to finding groups. I have a group that runs it once a week but it has been difficult for my other 2 characters (29s).

Is anyone here having the same issue and would like to form a weekly group to run the raid on 2 or more characters?

I would be willing to use my 30 Titan for the 3rd round if needed.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

We can start discussing possible days of the week and times. The only time that won't work for me are Tuesdays after 9pm EST (weekly nightfall/weekly x3 group) and Wednesdays after 10pm EST (weekly raid group).

Reply here or send me a PM.

1. Cosmos_Man (me)
2. deafmedal
3. gunawi
4. grimlock33 (possible sub needed week to week)

Time : TBD - Looking like Saturdays at 9pm EST so far

So let's work on next Saturday being our first run and keep looking for 2 more.

NastyBook

I wondered that myself. Since C was moved to the other side of that area, why block the window?
Probably to get rid of that line of sight point from the window to the new control/spawn point of A. Would've been a sitting duck situation of people spawning over there, moving forward, then getting dropped.

WooHoo! Comcast got my shit right. On lunch break now, but I'm definitely gonna be down to hit IB HORD after I watch a few Mystery Inc eps with the wife later this evening.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Probably to get rid of that line of sigh point from the window to new control/spawn point of A. Would've been a sitting duck situation of people spawning over there, moving forward, then getting dropped.
Someone in that room sitting with a Vision of Confluence could kind of run the map with those windows. Now, it's actually a place you can put your back to a wall while being chased. I vastly prefer this way even though it is one more close-quarters only room.

WooHoo! Comcast got my shit right. On lunch break now, but I'm definitely gonna be down to hit IB HORD afterI watch a few Mystery Inc eps with the wife later this evening.
mhm.

exYle

Lets form a Weekly Hard Mode Raid Group!

It's become really difficult to complete 3 raids a week having 3 characters (30 Titan, 29 Warlock and 29 Hunter) mainly due to finding groups. I have a group that runs it once a week but it has been difficult for my other 2 characters (29s).

Is anyone here having the same issue and would like to form a weekly group to run the raid on 2 or more characters?

I would be willing to use my 30 Titan for the 3rd round if needed.

PS4
Cosmos_Man

We can start discussing possible days of the week and times. The only time that won't work for me are Tuesdays after 9pm EST (weekly nightfall/weekly x3 group) and Wednesdays after 10pm EST (weekly raid group).

Reply here or send me a PM.

1. Cosmos_Man (me)

Time : TBD

Would you be willing to take a level 29 Warlock Sunsinger that's only done the normal raid up to this point?

Mattiator

Welcome to the guardian lords of GAF! Always had an awesome time playing with you btw.

Thanks, right back at ya and we will be playing much more I'm still enjoying this game :). So much that I have dragon age, shadows of mordor, Hyrule warriors, bayonetta 2, and 2 copies of smash bros unplayed.

DjRalford

I'm just 140 points from rank 3 in IB, that gets my titan his boots, with gloves from the raid and an exotic can and chest I just need either a raid chest or raid helm to hit 30.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks, right back at ya and we will be playing much more I'm still enjoying this game :). So much that I have dragon age, shadows of mordor, Hyrule warriors, bayonetta 2, and 2 copies of smash bros unplayed.
i need to beat dark souls 2 and mordor and still play gw2 on the regular. i can't even think about the fact that there's a new smash bros out right now. maybe christmastime.

matmanx1

One thing I've noticed lately from doing more PVP is that I often don't notice that I am being damaged until I'm below half health. For most primary weapons that is still enough time for me to take evasive action and live.

The exceptions to this rule are
1) Hawkmoon
2) Suros Regime
3) TLW

In Hawkmoon's case I think there's a bug in that the bonus damage is being applied to one bullet only which means it can sometimes be a 2 shot kill weapon. Until I find out more I am reserving judgement on Hawkmoon.

With Suros and TLW they both have a quick fire rate and do good damage relative to that ROF such that unless you move immediately upon being shot you are most likely going to die. They have a fast TTK but I'm not sure that is the only problem.

To me the other problem might be hit reactions in PVP not being severe enough for most people to realize right away they they are taking damage. Most of the time when I die to Suros, for example, it feels like just took two bullets and died. From having watched players use Suros I know that it takes a lot more than two bullets to kill someone.

Maybe I just need more practice with the on-screen indicators or maybe they need to be more obvious. Or maybe there's a lag explanation although that would not account for all of my deaths.

What is your opinion on the hit reactions in PVP? Are they enough? Do you always notice right away when you are taking damage and if so, is it just me with the problem?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
In Hawkmoon's case I think there's a bug in that the bonus damage is being applied to one bullet only which means it can sometimes be a 2 shot kill weapon. Until I find out more I am reserving judgement on Hawkmoon.
This is accurate; it is so random it won't affect the outcome of a match, but, it can happen and... oh my

In Iron Banner for example if there's, say I guess a two level or more difference between user and target, that "lucky bullet" can be a one-shot.

Mattiator

i need to beat dark souls 2 and mordor and still play gw2 on the regular. i can't even think about the fact that there's a new smash bros out right now. maybe christmastime.

Ya I have been hearing amazing things about the new smash bros so I can't wait but I think Ima hold off on getting into something new until after the new dlc. Get on your dark souls 2 that game is fantastic and get it done before bloodborne :).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i need a wii u, lol D:

Bloodborne is PS4 exclusive, right? Mmmm.

Maybe right before the dlc drops i'll put a week into ds2 and get it beat. I love the character I have and gedosato was so good.

NastyBook

Someone in that room sitting with a Vision of Confluence could kind of run the map with those windows. Now, it's actually a place you can put your back to a wall while being chased. I vastly prefer this way even though it is one more close-quarters only room.
Yeah, with that window closed, it's a CQC map through and through now. Don't really have a problem with that, since I mainly get all my Scout Rifle jollies from Shores of Time.

I have 2 more runs with nightfall on my character this weekend. I'm hoping Hawkmoon drops for me. Also I hate farming for material. I'm pretty sure I can be level 29 if I farmed the moon for material for my raid legs.

So I'm running into a situation that I haven't encountered yet in my time playing Destiny...

In order to buy all the sweet Iron Banner stuff, I need to farm glimmer.

Where is the best place to do this? I have a sizable inventory of glimmer bonus items, but I'm guess there are places where this is more useful than others. Any recommendations?

Mazre

So I'm running into a situation that I haven't encountered yet in my time playing Destiny...

In order to buy all the sweet Iron Banner stuff, I need to farm glimmer.

Where is the best place to do this? I have a sizable inventory of glimmer bonus items, but I'm guess there are places where this is more useful than others. Any recommendations?

Best place currently is probably VoG at the Gatekeeper checkpoint, pop a polyphage kill as many or all majors as possible, die repeat. Not needing a raid checkpoint there's waking the hive and beyond that any area with a single enemy type, frequent respawns (with some majors) and chest circuits.

Karl2177

Goddamn. PvP is such shit in this game. There's literally no clarity to the combat, which I think is really weird coming from the designers of Halo and the publishers of Call of Duty.

E92 M3

It doesn't trivialize him. It just enables you to kick his ass. There's nothing illegitimate about it. Anyone who caught the GAF all-30 speed record attempts on stream knows that it's not just jump-in shoot rockets and win in 10 seconds. Stuff can still happen, you stlil need to at least successfully beat a single portal and have enough people with clear shots/nobody die. It's nothing like pushing him off a cliff with grenades where 5/6 people are dancing in a corner and get the rewards as though they'd actually beat the encounter. That trivializes the encounter.

Gjallarhorn isn't getting nerfed. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any guns have been nerfed based upon what you can do with them in PvE
though Ice Breaker probably deserves it a tiny bit :X

You know what all the guns that have been nerfed so far had in common? Complaints. I could show you pages of people complaining about auto rifles and shotgun kill distance (including me of course) and in particular the Vex Mythoclast; actually I'm pretty sure it was stated to be "embarrassing that Bungie ever thought it was okay" in its pre-nerf form.

Nobody wants Gjallarhorn to be nerfed. Despite near-constant hysteria from a perspective of Bungie targeting everything we love most and squeezing it to death with an iron grip, so far I can't think of any weapon nerfs that weren't actually hollered for by the community (of course outside of the unintended ones last patch). Please, again of course correct me if I'm forgetting anything- though if you say Pocket Infinity I get to bop you on the nose.

Perun's Fire, the Fusion Rifle, can be rerolled for Accelerated Coils (it's in the tree you pick one of three mods from). With this perk, it's the fastest-charging Legendary FR and second-fastest charging FR in the game, second only to Plan C when taking advantage of its unique perk.

You are very right. I just hope they don't make any changes, but based on the pictures they showed in the update, the Ghorn isn't on there. Though, there are other exotics that need tuning a little. I am very curious to see what they do with Super Good Advice - I have two sitting in my vault.

Nicko

Anyone thinking about doing a normal Raid run in about an hour (10:30 pst)? If so, I'm looking for a group! Lvl 28 titan with raid-ready VoC.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom