• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing regular Crucible seems easy compared to IB. I'm playing Control and my KDR has been above 2.5 for four straight games now. I think it's because the best of the best is grinding IB and only the scrubs are left playing regular Crucible.

Yeah all the lvl 28+ guys are mainly playing IB. Seeing lots of low levels in crucible.

So for all the people that have three level 30 or three level 29 what would you recommend. My two alts are lvl 27 and my main is 30. I keep getting shards and shades for normal raids on my alts... no gear. Should I waste all my shards to get those 27 to 29 so I can do hard raid or is it a waste of shards and should I just be patient and wait for raid gear.

Get them ready for hard raid. Doing three hard raids per week should net quiet a bit of shards per week. I had 150 at the start of the week. After three hard raids I'm close to 200.

Plus hard raids should give you bigger change of getting raid gear due to double drops if you just do hard straight.

So for all the people that have three level 30 or three level 29 what would you recommend. My two alts are lvl 27 and my main is 30. I keep getting shards and shades for normal raids on my alts... no gear. Should I waste all my shards to get those 27 to 29 so I can do hard raid or is it a waste of shards and should I just be patient and wait for raid gear.

Use them shards, you'll be swimming in ass mats from future hard raids.

shem935

Banned

Look at it this way. Say you use the shards and get both to 29. You can then participate in hard mode raids with those characters effectively doubling their (still small) chances to get the armor. Then either you will either a. Get the armor right away because of RNGesus b. Recoup your shards at twice the rate you were before. If B happens, no harm no foul. You might get better weapons out of the deal as well. If A happens well then you have raid gear! Congratulations!

Deku Tree

Use them shards, you'll be swimming in ass mats from future hard raids.

I have so many shards and I would love to take my Titan from 27 to 29 and do the hard raid with him... But I have no interest in running around in circles for hours to get the planetary materials needed to do so...

NextGen

So after grinding my hunter since launch finally hit 30 with raid boots dropping yesterday. So today run my Warlock through his 1st raid, boots and gloves drop, run again on hard, helm and Praetorian Foil drops, lvl 30 Warlock. It's infuriating and delightful at the same time this sodding game.

Any opinions on the Praetorian Foil? to be honest I never heard of it until it dropped.

Deku Tree

So after grinding my hunter since launch finally hit 30 with raid boots dropping yesterday. So today run my Warlock through his 1st raid, boots and gloves drop, run again on hard, helm and Praetorian Foil drops, lvl 30 Warlock. It's infuriating and delightful at the same time this sodding game.

Any opinions on the Praetorian Foil? to be honest I never heard of it until it dropped.

Everyone says it's fantastic.

NeOak

I have so many shards and I would love to take my Titan from 27 to 29 and do the hard raid with him... But I have no interest in running around in circles for hours to get the planetary materials needed to do so...
That is what Amazon Turk is for.

Or just be bored and talk to someone at the same time.

Maybe right before the dlc drops i'll put a week into ds2 and get it beat. I love the character I have and gedosato was so good.

Make sure to play the DS2 DLC. They're the best 3 areas in the game imo. Mattiator needs to add that to the backlog too if he hasn't beaten them yet...

I know my sleeping pattern is fucked, but I haven't fallen asleep in the middle of a raid just yet.

Ditto, except I fell asleep during my first raid, on the day it came out. Our average level was ~25.3, no idea how many hours it took to get to GKeepers, haha.

As others have said, use the shards and do hard raids. The Vault of Ass will always be there.

shem935

Banned

I have found that at least Helium filaments and spirit bloom drop rates have been increased. Only took 5 minutes last week to net 25 filaments without an uber chest. But I agree farming is by far the worst part of the game. Patrol missions should payout in mats.

Atkison04

Finally decided to give iron banner a whirl to grind for those boots for my hunter. Was doing pretty good and winning quite a few games until my wife sat down next too me. I went from one of the best on the team to bottom of the pile just like that :/ apparently I don't do well with an audience!

Strider

i need a wii u, lol D:

You really do :p I think when it comes time to make my GOTY list the Wii U will have my top 4 games O_O

--

I'm also pages late regarding my handcannon list, but HCs are fucking awesome so I'm gonna do it anyway.

IMO Top 5 for PvP:

1. The Last Word
2. Hawkmoon (Pretty much a 1B though)
3. Lord High Fixer
4. Thorn
5. Devil You Know

PvE:

1. FateBringer - It's a good handcannon in general but add the fact it has arc and frees up the exotic slot it holds my #1 slot. It's amazing and I want one :(
2. Hawkmoon
3. Lord High Fixer
4. Devil You Know
5. The Last Word.

So my best overall HC would be Hawkmoon. Very good for both PvP and PvE.

Deku Tree

That is what Amazon Turk is for.

Or just be bored and talk to someone at the same time.

Or I'll just wait for the new materials economy thing... How would I use Amazon Turk?

I have found that at least Helium filaments and spirit bloom drop rates have been increased. Only took 5 minutes last week to net 25 filaments without an uber chest. But I agree farming is by far the worst part of the game. Patrol missions should payout in mats.

Patrol missions did hand out mats in the beta... That was removed... I guess Bungie wanted to slow people's progression or force them to do boring crap to advance to the endgame???

shem935

Banned
Or I'll just wait for the new materials economy thing... How would I use Amazon Turk?

Patrol missions did hand out mats in the beta... That was removed... I guess Bungie wanted to slow people's progression or force them to do boring crap to advance to the endgame???

Wait really? Man wish that was still in place. Would help make the patrol missions actually worth something.

:lol I can't believe this is so well known the story has started changing

you guys need to stop talking about me :p

inv3BKMC2tO86.gif

Finally decided to give iron banner a whirl to grind for those boots for my hunter. Was doing pretty good and winning quite a few games until my wife sat down next too me. I went from one of the best on the team to bottom of the pile just like that :/ apparently I don't do well with an audience!

Lol, I have this "problem" too occasionally. If I ever suddenly go off mic, then either (1) it died and I'm charging it, (2) the wife is hanging out w/ me. I think by now she understands the raid mechanics better than most rando's I've played with, haha.

Gonna go HAM in IB once I get back late night Monday before the reset.

As the wise one YzenUp always says, don't let me get in my zone. What time zone are you in, again? Too many zones to keep straight!

Lol, I have this "problem" too occasionally. If I ever suddenly go off mic, then either (1) it died and I'm charging it, (2) the wife is hanging out w/ me. I think by now she understands the raid mechanics better than most rando's I've played with, haha.

The worst is when the wife points out all your mistakes and asks why you are making them.

innocent questions and common mistakes being pointed out from a significant other for some reason is on the same level as serious hardcore gamer shit talk.

ocean

Banned
To be honest shards are the easiest material to get. If you're raiding on several characters and difficulties every week you'll have more shards than you know what to do with. Getting planetary materials will probably be a bigger grind. Get to 29, it'll make Hard Raid another chance at loot (and shards) every week + make Nightfall/Weekly28 easier.

Daemul

You are become legend now. And no one had to drink last night for pulling a you.

Lord, I mis read this as "You are become legend now. And no one had to drink last night for pulling you."

I was beginning to think that there was some sort of dating scene developing among DestinyGAF. I think I need to go to bed -_-

Lord, I mis read this as "You are become legend now. And no one had to drink last night for pulling you."

I was beginning to think that there was some sort of dating scene developing among DestinyGAF. I think I need to go to bed -_-

Destiny Dating Gaf is serious business. Only 30's can apply.

coy

q343B5y.jpg

Hit 30 on my Hunter main this morning. I had every intention of grinding all weekend to do it but did not need much time thankfully. Now to do the same with my Titan which should be later today. I still need helm or gloves for the Warlock to join them.

GlamFM

Banned
Guys, two questions:

1. Do I keep my iron banner rank until the next event or will it reset?

I really want the gear, but there is simply no chance I will make it to rank 3 or 4 this weekend.

2. Does the stuff you can buy (the armor especially) also randomly drop during the iron banner?

Thanks.

Guys, two questions:

I really want the gear, but there is simply no chance I will make it to rank 3 or 4 this weekend.

2. Does the stuff you can buy (the armor especially) also randomly drop during the iron banner?

Thanks.

It will reset, and no. Only the stuff you can't buy drops (machine gun, hand cannon, SPACE BUS).

You can have my autograph instead. I'm the immortal hunter who got marked thrice in the Gorgon maze, died and still got flawless raider.

As demonstrated by the brave but fallen Kabr, only Titans can become legend in the VoG.

Guys, two questions:

Thanks.

Nope and nope.

Mazre

Welfare light +30 gear secured. Just need to level it and then pray to RNGsus for a chest or helm next week.

Anyone up for nightfall + weekly? PSN Mazre_

NeOak

You can have my autograph instead. I'm the immortal hunter who got marked thrice in the Gorgon maze, died and still got flawless raider.

it will only cost you one gjallarhorn
That legend is tame compared to Fig's

LOL those glitches

matmanx1

Slooooow day at the office today (Saturday's sometimes are) so I used Remote Play and finished "Patrol Cosmodrome" and "It's All in the Head" as well as a Gold Tier Public event in less than an hour. Feels good, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom