• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steroyd

So for all the people that have three level 30 or three level 29 what would you recommend. My two alts are lvl 27 and my main is 30. I keep getting shards and shades for normal raids on my alts... no gear. Should I waste all my shards to get those 27 to 29 so I can do hard raid or is it a waste of shards and should I just be patient and wait for raid gear.

Git those alts to 29!

Then you "only" have to do the raid 3 times a week and get double the chance for raid gear, plus a shot at the raid helm and the better raid weapons as well, you will also get all the shards back that you spent in that same week and then some.

Only downside is using all the materials I.e spin metal, spirit bloom etc, but the new economy might happen, before you need to really think that far.

Blew through my remaining 30 motes of light trying to get a non garbage peruns fire. It didn't work :( the one I ended up with is so garbage it's going to sit in my vault until the next ib where I will hopefully have more motes.

Steroyd

My compulsive need to upgrade my weapons/armour when they ding is slowing my glimmer accumulation, but I'm now somehow 1000 glimmer off the scout rifle, and then all that's left is RNGesus giving me the magic space bus.

What's the best way to farm glimmer? I need 19,000 ASAP

My compulsive need to upgrade my weapons/armour when they ding is slowing my glimmer accumulation, but I'm now somehow 1000 glimmer off the scout rifle, and then all that's left is RNGesus giving me the magic space bus.

Where are you farming? I've been waking the hive

As the wise one YzenUp always says, don't let me get in my zone. What time zone are you in, again? Too many zones to keep straight!
EST but I prob won't be back till 11pm or midnight Monday night. Prob be up till the reset if you are trying to do 3x hard raids, weeklies and nightfall again :p

Cømet

Banned
It pleases me that so many of DestinyGAF will be available for a smiting come Sm4shtime :D

Scratch that last part. IB first. Anyone up for some Crucible domination?

Frenden

Banned
Gatekeeper checkpoint + Icebreaker.

I have just got Timur's Lash with Field Scout, Hipfire and Lucky bullet. As Field Scout solves the main problem with this gun, I shouldn't try the reforge?

Field Scout and Lucky Bullet are both good rolls. I'd keep it.

I only rerolled rolls that good after getting my third Lash and locking the other two into good builds I could live with.

Lord, I mis read this as "You are become legend now. And no one had to drink last night for pulling you."

I was beginning to think that there was some sort of dating scene developing among DestinyGAF. I think I need to go to bed -_-

:looool I knew I wouldn't be the only one to read it like that. Silly Americans.

Cømet;139964545 said:
It pleases me that so many of DestinyGAF will be available for a smiting come Sm4shtime :D

Scratch that last part. IB first. Anyone up for some Crucible domination?

I am currently suffering through it.

PSN is greyblade if you wanna join!

Out 1

Field Scout and Lucky Bullet are both good rolls. I'd keep it.

I only rerolled rolls that good after getting my third Lash and locking the other two into good builds I could live with.

Thanks. Got lucky with this drop and do not want to try my luck with rerolling.

Deku Tree

How many drops are you supposed to get from hard Atheon if you haven't done normal

Number of drops seems to be random too. If you get a lot of Mats that counts as multiple drops. Some people have gotten five drops. I have only ever gotten three drops. But people told me if I got six shards that counted as three drops so I really got five drops.

phen0m24

Git those alts to 29!

Then you "only" have to do the raid 3 times a week and get double the chance for raid gear, plus a shot at the raid helm and the better raid weapons as well, you will also get all the shards back that you spent in that same week and then some.

Only downside is using all the materials I.e spin metal, spirit bloom etc, but the new economy might happen, before you need to really think that far.

Steroyd I was just staring at my screen thinking the same thing. But at a solid 29 I can raid half as much. The helmets and gear will come eventually.

Leveling them now. I'm sure more shards will come.

LordofPwn

Number of drops seems to be random too. If you get a lot of Mats that counts as multiple drops. Some people have gotten five drops. I have only ever gotten three drops. But people told me if I got six shards that counted as three drops so I really got five drops.
Ok cause I got 3 shards, 3 energies and a ship... Another week of no helm...

shem935

Banned
How many drops are you supposed to get from hard Atheon if you haven't done normal

You get twice as much as you would in normal. So two rolls at the loot tables. So normally you get 3 shards at a checkpoint, you would now get 6.

Edit: Huh. Maybe it's 2 shards per drop and you get an extra two drops on hard. That would make more sense. I haven't ever seen anyone get more than 3 drops.

Anyone up for the hard raid?

We got 3 ready to go;

1 - MandrakeUK (29 Hunter)
2 - Level 29 Titan
3 - Level 30 Hunter
4 -
5 -
6 -

Add me if you want to jump in, will be a full run from the start;

PSN: MandrakeUK

BondFancy

So my Timur's Lash has reactive reload and spray and pray. Then for its other perk spot I have the choice between explosive rounds or field scout. Is this good? Or should I reroll?

void666

Banned
After a few matches of IB these are the new things i hate:

- Sunsingers. Because it's not enough to kill them once.
- Suros Regime sound. AlI i hear is the annoying plastic sound. Tac tac tac tac tac

exYle

Anyone up for the hard raid?

We got 3 ready to go;

1 - MandrakeUK (29 Hunter)
2 - Level 29 Titan
3 - Level 30 Hunter
4 -
5 -
6 -

Add me if you want to jump in, will be a full run from the start;

PSN: MandrakeUK

Count me in!