• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

So, as a PVE player not really in love with PVP in games, I've played quite a bit of Iron Banner this week.
My first idea was to try and reach rank 3, for the boots, but even that seemed a bit out of reach on Tuesday: I suck at PVP, and I don't like it, so I have to force myself playing it.
I've reached rank 3 yesterday, and to my surprise I should easily reach 4 tomorrow with the bounties. And I've just did my best crucible match yet...

pXXc9Cb.jpg

... with a 12 kills streak. '___'
I would never have thought I could do this. Had I imagine that, I would have taken the 10 kills without dying bounty, haha.
Anyways, in between some frustrating experiences (respawning in front of an enemy, getting killed something like 3 times in a row by a -- usually titan -- super, etc etc), I must admit that I'm starting to find some fun in it. I'm less nervous than I was at the very beginning, I care less about winning so that I can be done with it and more about enjoying this mode, and learning and starting to understand the maps prove to be surprisingly interesting and... well, really fun.
I've gone from "let's give it a try but I won't like it and probably quit quite quickly", to "will probably play the next IB if there is a chest armor and a helmet to buy".
Good job Bungie!

Finally decided to give iron banner a whirl to grind for those boots for my hunter. Was doing pretty good and winning quite a few games until my wife sat down next too me. I went from one of the best on the team to bottom of the pile just like that :/ apparently I don't do well with an audience!
I do better when playing in front of... my girlfriend's raptor plush toy.
Yes.
Stupid and all, but I feed off his goofy and aggressive look, and I do better with him by my side. I'm sure you too can find your (ridiculous) lucky charm. :)

k1t4j

Anyone up for the hard raid?

We got 3 ready to go;

1 - MandrakeUK (29 Hunter)
2 - Level 29 Titan
3 - Level 30 Hunter
4 -
5 -
6 -

Add me if you want to jump in, will be a full run from the start;

PSN: MandrakeUK

30 Hunter here if you still have space

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Glad you're starting to enjoy PvP Shito. It may not be "seriously competitive" or whatever, but it is fun as all hell.

Sry I had to get Tempered, adding people for an IB group now.

Count me in!

Level 29 Warlock, PSN: Buttchin-n-Bones

Originally Posted by MandrakeUK

We got 3 ready to go;

2 - Level 29 Titan
3 - Level 30 Hunter
4 - Buttchin-n-Bones 29 Warlock
5 -
6 -

We need 2 more, level 30s will be appreciated to make it a smooth run.

exYle

Originally Posted by MandrakeUK

We got 3 ready to go;

2 - Level 29 Titan
3 - Level 30 Hunter
5 -
6 -

We need 2 more, level 30s will be appreciated to make it a smooth run.

Sent a message and friend request, did you get either?

Wilde

Got Thunderlord from a random drop in Iron Banner! Couldn't believe it, since I've played for like 300 hours, and have never got a random exotic weapon drop!

Cømet

Banned
Is there like a list of folks looking to IB? Me and McAnderson are running it too so add us for gaf domination!

(now the router's reset anyway...)

phen0m24

So my son wanted me to buy a Multi-Tool.

Meh.

Then after 3 weeklies and 27 more coins adding to the glut, I took a flyer on it.

I really like it! The fire rate is great, the versatility (duh) should make specific situations (Oracle section of the raid?) really interesting.

I bought 2

Cømet

Banned
Cømet;139964545 said:
It pleases me that so many of DestinyGAF will be available for a smiting come Sm4shtime :D

Scratch that last part. IB first. Anyone up for some Crucible domination?

I am currently suffering through it.

PSN is greyblade if you wanna join!

It's IB time here as well. Who am I joining

Ib anyone? Ps4 westonianb

I'm in iron banner right now send me an invite if you get a squad together I'm on your friendlist YzeNup

I'm down for IB if anyone puts a group together. PSN:Clubcyberia

ScrewAttack_
Greyblade
Hawkian
Westonianb
YzeNup
Clubcyberia

Combed through and made this list. You guys wanna club together?

(Sincerest apologies if I missed anyone)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry Westonian/cyberia, we have 3/6, lol

So three open spots for IB here. Post PSN please and get added.

edit: Sorry Comet haha. Need a 10v10 mode for all this GAF

Room for one more?

We got 5 ready to go;

2 - Level 29 Titan
3 - Level 30 Hunter
5 - Eldritch_Spectre 29 Titan
6 -

We need 1 more, level 30s will be appreciated to make it a smooth run.

exYle

We got 5 ready to go;

2 - Level 29 Titan
3 - Level 30 Hunter
6 -

We need 1 more, level 30s will be appreciated to make it a smooth run.

Anyone?

tough to say across the whole game, there's a big PvP/PvE split

think about how Fatebringer allows you to bring, say, Ice Breaker or Gjallarhorn and has Arc damage. Thorn also ranks many times higher in PvP than PvE. but do you count stuff like that, or is it just "properties and ability to kill of the gun"?

I'd do a list like this for the first part, considering Vendor versions of the legendaries:
Best PvP: (pre-ninja) Thorn/TLW/Hawkmoon
Best PvE: Fatebringer
Best PvP Legendary: Lord High Fixer

TDYK beats other legendary HCs in PvE like you said. Venation III and the other HCs from the factions can roll with a huge range of perks. I really want "The Chance" with Luck in the Chamber (appropriately enough) but it's just random. With the wrong perks they can suck. The Venation III that I have has pretty great perks.

if it's just how good the gun is though

1) Hawkmoon
2) Hawkmoon
3) Hawkmoon
4) Hawkmoon
5) Hawkmoon

Truthfully I never utilized Thorn in PvP, maybe I should give it a shot since a lot of people here say it's great in that mode. I am just put off by it with the way it performs in PvE..I was gonna pick it back up once the Buffs rolled in

Btw, what perks do you generally aim for on the Timur's Lash? As in, what are the best perks for it, in your opinion? I haven't been able to roll Luck in the Chamber for it..

Truthfully I never utilized Thorn in PvP, maybe I should give it a shot since a lot of people here say it's great in that mode. I am just put off by it with the way it performs in PvE..I was gonna pick it back up once the Buffs rolled in

Btw, what perks do you generally aim for on the Timur's Lash? As in, what are the best perks for it, in your opinion? I haven't been able to roll Luck in the Chamber for it..
Thorn WAS great. I don't know how well it holds up now since bungie fucked it on accident.

Steroyd

And now glimmer is back to it's irrelevancy as is motes of light, was going to ask what good scout rifle perks there are but I got Mulligan (return ammo missed shot), armour piercing and Firefly (enemies nuke on precision kill) fucking A!

Where are you farming? I've been waking the hive

Funny thing is, I haven't been farming in one spot, I just loaded up my bounties, did the dailies, pop the glimmer boost for the respective enemies I'm going to face, and go to town, also vanguard strikes doing the same thing.

I can't wake the hive anymore, I just can't, that one phrase has broken me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Truthfully I never utilized Thorn in PvP, maybe I should give it a shot since a lot of people here say it's great in that mode. Btw, what perks do you generally aim for on the Timur's Lash? As in, what are the best perks for it, in your opinion? I haven't been able to roll Luck in the Chamber for it..
I actually don't want Luck in the Chamber on Timur's Lash, want field scout and it's wrong to pair with that...

i posted a little bit ago, I hope i don't forget something good, but: explosive rounds, outlaw, mulligan, field scout... some combo of those..

We are now full, sorry to any who didnt get in, PSN was being far too slow as usual

2 - Level 29 Titan
3 - Level 30 Hunter
6 - gunawi 30

k1t4j

We are now full, sorry to any who didnt get in, PSN was being far too slow as usual

2 - Level 29 Titan
3 - Level 30 Hunter
6 - gunawi 30

Yeah i tried contacting you a couple of times :( well GL

delume

Finally hit 30 with one of my characters (Hunter.) Thank the Traveller for Iron Banner taking the RNG out of gear. Due to the time sink I think my Titan and Warlock will be forever 29. I remember when I dreamed of more shards and now, when I see them, it feels like a slap in the face. Where's the energy at?!

SonComet

So let's work on next Saturday being our first run and keep looking for 2 more.
I would love to do this if you aren't full. I work really long hours and it's hard for me to do weekdays. PSN SonComet. 30 Titan.

That being said. Is anyone up for a fresh normal or hard raid today? I've only completed the gate keepers and atheon so far and I'd like to do a fresh run.

Need one more for hard raid from beginning right now. We are all very experienced. Our sixth dropped so we need a fill in.

Please be experienced in the hard raid. Also please be funny because we are... Sometimes... Well, one time we were.

EL CUCO

Currently running the weekly heroic 28. If any low levels want to get carried through it, feel free to add me and join. I forgot whats the lowest level you need to be for requirements. Maybe 25 or 26?

Wont have my mic on.

Edit: Done.

SonComet

Need one more for hard raid from beginning right now. We are all very experienced. Our sixth dropped so we need a fill in.

Please be experienced in the hard raid. Also please be funny because we are... Sometimes... Well, one time we were.
I'm down if you'll have me. PSN SonComet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom