• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got off work, and yes, exactly that. They need to take that holographic armor, make it larger, and tone down some of its translucency (right word to use?), and we'll be set. As it is now, it clashes terribly with the rest of your gear. I look like a joke wearing the Raid helmet.

I too have the raid helmet and my titan's head looks like a bottle opener

No Backup Plans also make my titan look weird. I actually prefer it to some of the over the top shoulder pads I've had though. I wouldn't mind it being a little beefed up however

Cømet

Banned
Looking for fresh HM raid, have level 29 Sunsinger and level 30 Defender (would rather use the former).

Totally competent, lots of experience.

Anyone doing a fresh HM now?

Cømet;139991206 said:
Soooooooooooo freaking glad to be rank 4. Get my gauntlets, be happy. Maybe level up to 5 over the next few days to get gold spiral for my warlock. Meh!

PvP sucks so much ass.

This is so true in Iron Banner. It also seems like it doesn't matter at all how you play. I don't feel like there is any reason to try hard. The only incentive to win is so that you can play less. Like time off for good behavior.

I only have one decent fully upgraded weapon right now (Pocket Infinity) and can hold my own if I just use that (often getting a 2.5 k/d ratio). Other times, I just mess around in the game and do terribly (even occasionally getting less than a 0.2 k/d ratio). I know that joining a team would probably work well with me, but then I'd actually have to try (incidentally, Bungie should have some sort of reward for people who actually play well together).

nampad

Played the first 2 missions and got motion sickness :(
Not sure what is causing it but I guess it has to do something with the aiming sensitivity. Tried to change it but the default one was actually the one that worked best, though I still dislike the setting.

Even without the motion sickness the game hasn't really grabbed me. The presentation is bad so far and the pacing didn't make me want to continue. I get the Peter Dinklage complains and the first dialogue with the speaker was cringe worthy.
The constant loading screens break the immersion in some parts as well as the switch to 3rd person in the hub. But what has to be the stupidest bullshit I have seen in this game is the menus, which can only be controlled by the analog stick.

With the game getting a lot of flak and the endgame lacking, I'd rather not get into this game. Thanks for the trial Activision, you saved me some money.

Nodnol

Yet another craptacular Raid!

Nothing but shards and a cloak I already have.

Thank the Lord for IB! Hit Rank 4, and the gloves and boots accompany my raid chest lovely. Boots are maxed, and the gloves should be come tomorrow night. Level 30 here I come!

jett

D-Member
I actually sharded jolder's hammer when I got it. Didn't see anything great about it compared to The Swarm and Thunderlord.

Or my blue Hannibal-E for regular Crucible. :p

Lima

I wasn't a big FR fan either until I started using the IB one. Accelerating coils is a must, enhanced range with hip fire would be darn nice too (ask astro).

Took like 60 motes but jackpot baby.

Got a void one with bonus accuracy from the hip and grenadier which decreases weapon cooldown.

Middle 3 upgrades are enhanced battery, perfect balance or accelerated coils.

I'm gonna level this bitch up yo.

Jito

Banned
Control in Iron Banner needs to renamed Camping (at spawn).

Edit: Oh we got butt fucked because the other team was all in a clan, nice matchmaking Bungie, never heard of solo playlist matchmaking?

X-Frame

So I hit Rank 5 with my Titan in Iron Banner and then switched to my Hunter a few hours ago -- already Rank 2, not bad. The Tempered buff is certainly helping, and it'll be even more potent tomorrow and Monday.

Hopefully I can hit Rank 4 by then and grab gauntlets, then my Titan and Hunter will be Level 30 capable (tons of farming required).

k1t4j

Just got a Jolder Hammer and only have 2 motes of light, the perks are great but I need a fire LMG, should I risk it?

rNilla

So I hit Rank 5 with my Titan in Iron Banner and then switched to my Hunter a few hours ago -- already Rank 2, not bad. The Tempered buff is certainly helping, and it'll be even more potent tomorrow and Monday.

Hopefully I can hit Rank 4 by then and grab gauntlets, then my Titan and Hunter will be Level 30 capable (tons of farming required).
Farming sucks but it's nothing after the Rank 3 and 4 grinds with multiple characters.

Rubenov

Played the first 2 missions and got motion sickness :(
Not sure what is causing it but I guess it has to do something with the aiming sensitivity. Tried to change it but the default one was actually the one that worked best, though I still dislike the setting.

Even without the motion sickness the game hasn't really grabbed me. The presentation is bad so far and the pacing didn't make me want to continue. I get the Peter Dinklage complains and the first dialogue with the speaker was cringe worthy.
The constant loading screens break the immersion in some parts as well as the switch to 3rd person in the hub. But what has to be the stupidest bullshit I have seen in this game is the menus, which can only be controlled by the analog stick.

With the game getting a lot of flak and the endgame lacking, I'd rather not get into this game. Thanks for the trial Activision, you saved me some money.

It gets better after, especially when playing with others

Jito

Banned
Sometimes I'm just giving up in these IB matches, we're 6000 points down already and a player on my team has no points at all 2 minutes in. This game needs skill based matchmaking.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It gets better after, especially when playing with others
He didn't like it, he should return it. only part of the argument I take issue with is "with the game getting a lot of flak." Who cares about that; if you like it you like it, if you don't you don't.

TTG

I actually sharded jolder's hammer when I got it. Didn't see anything great about it compared to The Swarm and Thunderlord.

Or my blue Hannibal-E for regular Crucible. :p

They're not raid quality weapons, which is kind of disappointing, I would have loved IB's take on a VoC. The hammer still very good though, I might switch from Corrective Measure to it for pvp. Smooth Ballistics(bumps stability up nicely) balanced out by Rangefinder and a 50 round magazine.

rNilla

I'm tired from carrying all these randoms. Not good when I'm up top.

hwepWsu.jpg

gdt

Just saw an exotic drop after a tiger strike. Not me, but funny enough it was the same weapon I got when it happened to me. Mida Multi Tool.

gdt

Just looking on Destiny LFG and everyone is only interested in Lvl 30s for the Hard Raid. :(

Gaffers aren't like that. Hell, with experience, a team of 3 30s it's easy IMO. That improves odds of 30s getting teleported and grabbing the relic to wreck ads. 2 30s and it's harder, but still doable. At that point it's all about speed during the gatekeeper part (29s won't hold the portals for long), and a little luck with te teleports on the Atheon phase.

gdt

I have three legendary snipers of each element. I'm guessing I should max out the void one for raids?

Sure first. But level them all eventually (well really you'll probably get better ones soon enough). Need them all for Nightfalls.

Angry Guy

Anyone doing a hard raid? Or grouping up for Iron Banner? I've got a 29 Titan that needs to get that stuff done. I've got Illuminated weapons of light, Gjallarhorn, and a crapton of experience in the Hard raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom