• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
shotguns are one of the best weapons for taking down someone using a fusion rifle -_-

need one more for IB, please post PSN.

lunlunqq

Cømet;139998205 said:
Sorry buddy, we filled up :( If you're still stuck for a group/numbers by the time we finish I'll be happy to help you get through it.

No problem.

Anyone else doing a normal/hard raid tonight? Please consider me. 29 Hunter with maxed weapons. PSN: lunlunqq

Lima

Care to correct me then instead of trying to be condescending?

Invective is the only shotgun I ever seem to get killed by so you're right about that for sure! Need to find myself a good fusion rifle as it's all anyone ever uses online.

You ever been killed by a max agility blade dancer Hunter with extended slide and he just rushed you and you got a found verdict in your face? Try that with a fusion.

Last IB match I just played I made half of my 36 kills like that. Shotguns are so mad good in this game. Especially the ones with send it on it. The range is insane compared to let's say the Halo shotgun.

TsuWave

is it me or is iron banner being extremely generous today?

i got two legendary hand cannons and two legendary heavy machine guns and prior to that a guy in my team got a legendary hand cannon as well, this was my latest match:

tumblr_inline_nfgy88NQkr1r3825d.png

three of us got stuff. wth???

Jito

Banned
You ever been killed by a max agility blade dancer Hunter with extended slide and he just rushed you and you got a found verdict in your face? Try that with a fusion.

Last IB match I just played I made half of my 36 kills like that. Shotguns are so mad good in this game. Especially the ones with send it on it. The range is insane compared to let's say the Halo shotgun.

So the go to defence is to say that a handful of ledgerdary/exotic shotguns wreck while seemingly every fusion rifle is as good as the last. That's no good really.

You miss with your first shot, a shotgun user can make mincemeat out of you. They can still force a mutual death. Each weapon has its own advantages. Different maps require different weapons

Yeh well no one seems to miss.

TTG

Why wouldn't you be charging all the time though? You can pepper the trigger and keep boosting it up when you're waiting for someone. So still no downside yet guys.
Basically it's just a better shotgun seeing as it owns at close range and has further range than the shotgun. Makes the shotguns pointless other than when you're an inch from someone which never happens in IB.

Because some of us like using primary weapons. That's the thing about a shotgun, you switch to in in close quarters, pop someone and switch back. If you're worried about range on a shotgun, you're doing it wrong.

TsuWave

So the go to defence is to say that a handful of ledgerdary/exotic shotguns wreck while seemingly every fusion rifle is as good as the last. That's no good really. .

i agree with you tbh, i've been critical of fusion rifles for awhile now.

zewone

I leveled up Mida and it just seems really bad in PVP. I thought the faster RoF would make up for less damage but it was tough getting kills with it. Switched back to TLW.

Lima

Because some of us like using primary weapons. That's the thing about a shotgun, you switch to in in close quarters, pop someone and switch back. If you're worried about range on a shotgun, you're doing it wrong.

This. 2/3rd of a match you will see me with either my Suros Regime or TLW. Both are better than any fusion rifle in the game. When I'm going in close I need that shotgun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't agree -_-
I'm not offering you an opinion on the matter out of some kind of desire to argue, I vastly prefer fusion rifles. It's just the actuality of the situation, everything has a counter. As someone who uses them primarily, i'm telling you what is typically most capable of killing me while wielding one.
You miss with your first shot, a shotgun user can make mincemeat out of you. They can still force a mutual death. Each weapon has its own advantages. Different maps require different weapons
Yes.
So the go to defence is to say that a handful of ledgerdary/exotic shotguns wreck while seemingly every fusion rifle is as good as the last. That's no good really.
any shotgun can kill point blank and there's a large range of FRs too. that there are exemplary entries in each category is just par for the course. there's a reason everyone is trying to spend 30 motes rolling perun's fire.
Yeh well no one seems to miss.
you must know for a fact that isn't true.

Agent

Just played my first strike playlist of the week and got rewarded with a Universal Remote. Not something I was looking for but I'll take it. After 176 strikes this is the first exotic I've received from one.

X-Frame

Is it worth leveling The Last Word from 274 Attack to 300 Attack for Iron Banner?

Using it on my 29 and it still kills very fast, I don't know if the last attack upgrades would be worth the mats/energy.

i got two legendary hand cannons and two legendary heavy machine guns and prior to that a guy in my team got a legendary hand cannon as well, this was my latest match:

Definitely not the case for me.

Fusion rifles are kinda ridiculous on certain maps but Blink + Shotgun is the ultimate cheese IMO. I faced plenty of Voidwalkers that blink while raining down Invective shells from the air, and then hit me a mile away with some Jedi force push.

I can easily go over 2.0 KDR in every match doing the same thing (which I have in the past), but that gets boring real quick. Also, Bladedancers with maxed agility sliding everywhere with a FV or Judgment shotgun is pretty cheesy as well. If they miss the one-shot, they spec into Fast Twitch so they finish you off with a Blink Strike from 10 feet away.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

In a span of a near dozen matches four of us got an IB weapon. And a few people got legendary engrams. Definitely seems like the drop % is higher than regular crucible.

Any groups for IB. Now that I'm 29, I'll be even better when I was already doing really well at 28.

deafmedal

Hello. Any level 30 or 29 Titan care to run a gatekeeper checkpoint with us? We will also be starting a fresh hard raid upon completion of said checkpoint...

ps4- deafmedal

edit full

Cømet

Banned
No problem.

Anyone else doing a normal/hard raid tonight? Please consider me. 29 Hunter with maxed weapons. PSN: lunlunqq

Sorry man! Had a spaz out, Some dickhhead from someone's friendlist started insulting people/ Setting up a new team if you're interested/]]]]]

I'm not offering you an opinion on the matter out of some kind of desire to argue, I vastly prefer fusion rifles. It's just the actuality of the situation, everything has a counter. As someone who uses them primarily, i'm telling you what is typically most capable of killing me while wielding one.

Yes.

any shotgun can kill point blank and there's a large range of FRs too. that there are exemplary entries in each category is just par for the course. there's a reason everyone is trying to spend 30 motes rolling perun's fire.

you must know for a fact that isn't true.

Sorry man. I usually agree with you to some extent, but there's no fairness to fusion rifles. spaz-tapping fire isn't a skillful tactic despite what people argue. It's a low skill, easy kill weapon and apparently that ain't changing. All it does is scare honest players from playing IB/crucible, cos it just ain't worth the trouble.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So I was wondering why I was sucking so badly in Iron Banner today.

Last 4 Games K/D

Then I realized I forgot to put in my USB Drive and play my Guardians of the Galaxy Soundtrack.

Next 4 Games K/D

If that's not a straight cause and effect I don't know what is.

Cømet

Banned

Well, you know, you phrased it in the most offensive way possible and honestly? I wouldn't want to play with you again for it. Shame on you for being such an asshole to everyone there. Just because it doesn't succeed straight away doesn't mean you get to call people names and belittle them.

TUSR

Banned
Cømet;140003530 said:
Well, you know, you phrased it in the offensive way possible and honestly? I wouldn't want to play with you again for it. Shame on you for being such an asshole to everyone there. Just because it doesn't succeed straight away doesn't mean you get to call people names and belittle them.

nah man it was all directed at you

Cømet

Banned
nah man it was all directed at you

hahaha whatever. I've completed hard mode plenty of times without assholes like you. Enjoy playing alone. Don't ever talk to me again you massive tit. I have quite literally never met a more unpleasant piece of shit in all my time on the internet.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Damn Comet got banned for calling out someone on being a dick to people? Not cool.
I think it's more likely he got banned for saying he had a 'spaz out', then calling someone a 'massive tit', 'dickhead' and 'piece of shit', than the fact he had a grievance with a particular poster.

EL CUCO

Zew, I need to know. Did it drop that way or did you reroll into that?

I swear I'll blow these 40 motes of light on my Lash right now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom