• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Anyone doing a hard raid? Or grouping up for Iron Banner? I've got a 29 Titan that needs to get that stuff done. I've got Illuminated weapons of light, Gjallarhorn, and a crapton of experience in the Hard raid.

Thanks for the daily earlier dude.

I'll be hard raiding probably tomorrow. Getting my Warlock to 29 for it.

todd360

Gaffers aren't like that. Hell, with experience, a team of 3 30s it's easy IMO. That improves odds of 30s getting teleported and grabbing the relic to wreck ads. 2 30s and it's harder, but still doable. At that point it's all about speed during the gatekeeper part (29s won't hold the portals for long), and a little luck with te teleports on the Atheon phase.

29s won't hold the portals for long? 29s can do hard raid just fine thanks.

Cømet

Banned
I cannot believe I got TWO helmets in that raid. The problems of RNG 101 right here. Got one that damn good for an alt class setup at least.

Looking to run a hard/norm with my 29 Warlock sunsinger now. apply within!

1. Screwattack_

TUSR

Banned
Cømet;139996222 said:
I cannot believe I got TWO helmets in that raid. The problems of RNG 101 right here. Got one that damn good for an alt class setup at least.

1. Screwattack_

im in 29 warlock

Ikkarus

Cømet;139996222 said:

1. Screwattack_
Sign me up. PSN = Ikkarus
Lvl 29 Hunter.

Jito

Banned
Sigh another match lost thanks to scrubs on my team. How do people play 20+ hours of a game and not get good at it at all?

2real4tv

Cømet;139996222 said:

1. Screwattack_
Bigmanny287

Angry Guy

Cømet;139996222 said:

1. Screwattack_

Me! We're buds already. Gotta switch my guns over real quick.

Thanks for the daily earlier dude.

No problem! I have to admit though, I had a laugh when you joined and I was right there at the start of the fuckin' mission doing a pub haha

gdt

I'm a 29 :(

And yes we can, I've just found the gatekeeper section to be the most difficult, easily. The longer the portal team takes, the more overrun the 29s outside get.

Cømet

Banned
Bigmanny287

if its hard yeah

Manny added, drop your ad too TUSR and I'll get you in. Four more folks! Fun, adventure and (possibly) guranteed rewards :D

Cool bud! Join when prepared :D

I'm a 29 :(

And yes we can, I've just found the gatekeeper section to be the most difficult, easily. The longer the portal team takes, the more overrun the 29s outside get.

Screw those guys, join our hard raid :p

Ikkarus

Cømet;139996696 said:
Manny added, drop your ad too TUSR and I'll get you in. Four more folks! Fun, adventure and (possibly) guranteed rewards :D
I'll join. PSN = Ikkarus. Lvl 29 hunter. Can you invite me?

EL CUCO

Lol Not all 29's... Only us #Forever29 Guardians that have been purified through the Void of the hard raid by the test of RNG. Left to fend for ourselves amongst hungry level 30 Minotaurs and OHK Hobgoblins. Forcing us to not only fight harder, but smarter.

Thank God I finally found boots and made it to 30. Shiiet is easy now :)

Out 1

Hard Raid fresh or Atheon checkpoint. Starting as soon as we have 6. PSN Tokunbo.

1. Tokunbo Level 30 Defender
2. Sharkjaw
Thanks guys, it was fun. Atheon threw glitches at us but still went down. Can't believe that I got a helmet and VoC. I'm now missing only Fatebringer and the raid FR.

benjammin

I don't understand why some of my friends are so afraid to try a Flawless Raid. We're all level 30 now and everything...

Probably all the glitches. I can't believe so much is still broken in the raid. We had players getting trapped in a force field twice back to back after going through the portal. That's basically a run killer. We also had the Minotaur come back to life as well during the atheon fight. I wouldn't blame anyone for holding off on trying for the flawless raider trophy right now, I'd hate to get through that much of the raid just to due because bungie is dragging their feet on fixes. At this point I'm a little bit worried that they're just not going to fix all of the glitches and instead focus on the dlc.

Cømet

Banned

No problem! I have to admit though, I had a laugh when you joined and I was right there at the start of the fuckin' mission doing a pub haha

Ready to go man? Jump in ASAP if so.jump in now.

I'll join. PSN = Ikkarus. Lvl 29 hunter. Can you invite me?

Sorry bud meant to, getting folk into the party has been a pain. At least you're in now! :)

On that note,

Looking for one (two?) more for a fresh HM!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
10 straight wins and then we bomb the 11th. oh well, was a good run.
truth. that was an inglorious loss but i can't argue with the ones before it

need to wash that performance from my brain
new iron banner feels much nicer. i actually enjoyed a game on blind watch...
yeah, it's a pretty big improvement. really liked that one match on shores.

Cømet;139997275 said:

Sorry bud meant to, getting folk into the party has been a pain. At least you're in now! :)

On that note,

PSN zombiemortar if you have room.

truth. that was an inglorious loss but i can't argue with the ones before it

need to wash that performance from my brain

i missed a lot that game. fatebringer's great when i'm behind cover and get the jump on people, but for crowd control it's tough. theoretically, i should be dying less since i can strafe around cover and do a lot more damage than my mythoclast, which exposes me for longer periods. for some reason though, i feel like i die more.

gonna throw on some points towards hawkmoon. it's mostly those ranged battles i'm losing.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sure first. But level them all eventually (well really you'll probably get better ones soon enough). Need them all for Nightfalls.

I'll try and upgrade everything eventually but I'm going to go for the ones that I can find out whether it's more useful.

If anybody is going to do normal raid. I'm up for it. No mic but I can listen and do whatever that needs to be done. Only did raid once and up to gatekeeper and that was when I was 25. Never tried it since.

I'm level 29 and only need a raid helmet to get to 30. All other armor stuff is maxed out. I have a maxed out Vanquisher and thunderlord, near maxed out Truth and Final Boss void.

I also have

Bad Juju
Timur's Lash
Red Hand IX
Super pox vlo
Midi
Gheleon's Demise
Thorn

Pocket Infinity
Invective
Prudence II arc
Hide and Seek void
Broken Truth solar
Purifier VII
Perun's fire

Deviant Gravity solar
The Swarm
Super Good Advice

Jito

Banned
All fusion rifles need a nerf, why would anyone pick a sniper or shotgun over it? It rocks everything at all ranges and charges up in half a second.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Cømet;139997275 said:

On that note,

Hey comet, I was looking for a team to do the gatekeepers checkpoint. But i think will help you guys from the beginning.

I'm a 30 warlock. Send me an invite on psn YKERR...

Cømet

Banned
Hey comet, I was looking for a team to do the gatekeepers checkpoint. But i think will help you guys from the beginning.

I'm a 30 warlock. Send me an invite on psn YKERR...

Apparently I already have you bud! :p Have added you to party, join us through that. Let us know if you need tower at all.

Arrrammis

All fusion rifles need a nerf, why would anyone pick a sniper or shotgun over it? It rocks everything at all ranges and charges up in half a second.

Because shotguns have no charge up time, so no warning, same as sniper rifles. Also, with fusion rifles, you need to at least half aim. Shotguns, you just bury the gun in their chest and fire.

Frenden

Banned
OT 11 ideas.

Mote the Merrier

Mats for Lashes

(BUT I DIGRESS: I just rolled a Lash with Return to Sender, Perfect Balance, and Luck in the Chamber. (It has Field Scout, too, but that works against the Luck perk.))

Killing will add a bullet to the mag, but I wonder if that bullet has a chance at Luck. If so, it could be potentially amazing.

lunlunqq

Cømet;139996222 said:

1. Screwattack_

29 Hunter!!! PSN: lunlunqq

I'm not seeing the downside to using it though, shotgun has no long range and sniper has no close range. Fusion rifles just rock at everything, some of them are better than primary weapons.

Charge time though. If you turn a corner and you weren't charging already...

Jito

Banned
Charge time though. If you turn a corner and you weren't charging already...

Why wouldn't you be charging all the time though? You can pepper the trigger and keep boosting it up when you're waiting for someone. So still no downside yet guys.
Basically it's just a better shotgun seeing as it owns at close range and has further range than the shotgun. Makes the shotguns pointless other than when you're an inch from someone which never happens in IB.

jett

D-Member
I'm not seeing the downside to using it though, shotgun has no long range and sniper has no close range. Fusion rifles just rock at everything, some of them are better than primary weapons.

A shotgun with certain particular features can be extremely destructive, as anyone who has played a decent amount of PVP will tell you. :p Especially anything with full auto. Especially the Invective. Some of my best IB matches were of me abusing the Invective and my Warlock teleport. An awful cheese move, but hell, it works really nicely. :p

I definitely wouldn't consider fusion rifles to be good at everything, past the close-mid range they're quite useless. I love using them though, their one hit kills just feel so good.

Snipers really suck though.

Lima

Why wouldn't you be charging all the time though? You can pepper the trigger and keep boosting it up when you're waiting for someone. So still no downside yet guys.
Basically it's just a better shotgun seeing as it owns at close range and has further range than the shotgun. Makes the shotguns pointless other than when you're an inch from someone which never happens in IB.

This is so wrong it's not even funny. You don't play PvP much?

Jito

Banned
This is so wrong it's not even funny. You don't play PvP much?

Care to correct me then instead of trying to be condescending?

A shotgun with certain particular features can be extremely destructive, as anyone who has played a decent amount of PVP will tell you. :p Especially anything with full auto. Especially the Invective. Some of my best IB matches were of me abusing the Invective and my Warlock teleport. An awful cheese move, but hell, it works really nicely. :p

I definitely wouldn't consider fusion rifles to be good at everything, past the close-mid range they're quite useless. I love using them though, their one hit kills just feel so good.

Snipers really suck though.

Invective is the only shotgun I ever seem to get killed by so you're right about that for sure! Need to find myself a good fusion rifle as it's all anyone ever uses online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom