• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jito

Banned
I think it's more likely he got banned for saying he had a 'spaz out', then calling someone a 'massive tit', 'dickhead' and 'piece of shit', than the fact he had a grievance with a particular poster.

Oh yeh I guess. Nothing wrong with spaz though, short for spasm.

An another note after a horrible night on IB, I made it to rank 3 and bought the boots. Still no weapon or ship drops for me.

zewone

Hold up before wasting motes, everyone. I'm pretty sure it's glitched. Just wanted to get you guys worked up. lol, sorry about that.

TsuWave

that thing will be an absolute praetorian killer. i need to know if he reforged it into having elemental damage. my 70 motes of light are ready to go.

X-Frame

Timur's Lash! Finally.

Now, how does this re-rolling thing work? What should I be aiming for?

You have to have it equipped and then see Lord Saladin. You select the gun and then it costs 2 Motes of Light to completely re-roll it. I spent about 40 motes today! :/

Perks to look out for: Outlaw, Rangefinder, Third Eye, Zen Moment, Luck in the Chamber, Crowd Control, plus a few more I am forgetting.

And then you probably want something like Send It, Field Scout, and/or Flared Magwell for the 2nd tier options to select.

Jito

Banned
Haha what? Just ignore the fact it's an offensive term to make yourself feel better about using it then.

Ok now you're putting words in my mouth. Where did I say I used that term or quote me where I've used that term? Just saying it means spasm as well no need to get up my ass dude.

X-Frame

Hold up before wasting motes, everyone. I'm pretty sure it's glitched. Just wanted to get you guys worked up. lol, sorry about that.

Found this on Reddit for the same picture:

"That's what happens when you view inspect someone and they switch weapons while you're hovering over Timur's Lash. or vice-versa. it's a glitch"

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
does the Thorn has the over penetrate property that's not listed? I was playing some public events and while waiting I just noticed that I can kill Dregs two at a time when they are stacked together. there was even a couple times when I shoot 1 shot at the Shrank in front and the Vandal in the back would also got the DOT effect after.

Jito

Banned
Yet saying "My leg spazzing out" is offensive to no one, as you're referencing a leg spasm. Cultural/County differences in words.

Sorry for being so OT.

TsuWave

Found this on Reddit for the same picture:

"That's what happens when you view inspect someone and they switch weapons while you're hovering over Timur's Lash. or vice-versa. it's a glitch"

from there as well, apparently the guy that saw it tried to get confirmation from the dude:

tumblr_inline_nfh1maSeQK1r3825d.png

might have just glitched

Frenden

Banned
It is offensive. Sorry--not being a jerk or trying to argue. It has connotations that, just because you were unaware of, still exist.

Fig, are you from the UK?

In the US part of the wiki - "In American slang, the term "spaz" is largely inoffensive, and is generally understood as a casual word for clumsiness, sometimes associated withoverexcitability, excessive startle response ("jumpiness"), excessiveenergy, or hyperactivity"

Pretty much a full body or emotional version of a leg spasm.

Frenden

Banned
Re-rolling the Lash is akin to pulling a lever on a slot machine. I spent all my motes on the my third one (two are locked in and definitely keepers).

I just earned another mote. I now have two. I'm tempted to blow them all again.

Pulling the lever...

Fig, are you from the UK?

In the US part of the wiki - "In American slang, the term "spaz" is largely inoffensive, and is generally understood as a casual word for clumsiness, sometimes associated withoverexcitability, excessive startle response ("jumpiness"), excessiveenergy, or hyperactivity"

I live in the British Isles, yes.

I still think the American definition sounds pretty offensive too. The connotations are clearly there.

Re-rolling the Lash is akin to pulling a lever on a slot machine. I spent all my motes on the my third one (two are locked in and definitely keepers).

I just earned another mote. I now have two. I'm tempted to blow them all again.

Pulling the lever...

I'm happy with Rangefinder, Field Scout/Perfect Balance/Skip Rounds, and Reactive Reload.

If Field Scout and Send It weren't in the same tree, I would've re-rolled till I got Rangefinder, Field Scout, and Send It. But Bungie knows better since it would be a legendary Hawkmoon with more Impact that doesn't use up your exotic slot.

Probably would be better overall without relying on luck like Hawkmoon, since the impact is high and the damage is always guaranteed.

I live in the British Isles, yes.

I still think the American definition sounds pretty offensive too. The connotations are clearly there.

Noted. I've never thought twice about it. As a kid, we always called someone who freaks out a lot in large bursts of hyperactivity a "spaz". Not sure what other term to use, but since I'm an adult and don't run into people like that anymore, I guess it probably won't even come up.

Frenden

Banned
I'm happy with Rangefinder, Field Scout/Perfect Balance/Skip Rounds, and Reactive Reload.

If Field Scout and Send It weren't in the same tree, I would've re-rolled till I got Rangefinder, Field Scout, and Send It. But Bungie knows better since it would be a legendary Hawkmoon with more Impact that doesn't use up your exotic slot.

Probably would better overall without relying on luck like Hawkmoon, since the impact is high and the damage is always guaranteed.

As-is, choice rolls of the Lash are riiiight up there with Hawkmoon and The Devil You Know.

Noted. I've never thought twice about it. As a kid, we always called someone who freaks out a lot in large bursts of hyperactivity a "spaz". Not sure what other term to use, but since I'm an adult and don't run into people like that anymore, I guess it probably won't even come up.

No worries, it's not a word I come across often. Was a bit surprised to see it used in this thread.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
does the Thorn has the over penetrate property that's not listed? I was playing some public events and while waiting I just noticed that I can kill Dregs two at a time when they are stacked together. there was even a couple times when I shoot 1 shot at the Shrank in front and the Vandal in the back would also got the DOT effect after.

posting again just in case it got missed

and is there any IB or Nightfall group goingnon? I got some time to kill before I have to turn in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom