• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordofPwn

How many coins do you have? Voidfang vestment is one of the best warlock pieces for PvP if you like playing voidwalker.

Otherwise eh not much use for PvE especially since it has strength on it.

The Multi tool I would only grab if you can spare the coins and want a fun weapon to use in strike playlist and while doing PvE bounties cause that's about the only thing that gun is good for.
Void fang is great for PVP sunsinger. Spawn with 2 grenades and strength to get flame shield.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Some ridiculous lag in IB last night and tonight. Shots straight up not registering. Getting a kill and emptying a whole clip to watch a guy walk 10 feet and then fall down two seconds later.

Man I really don't like the fact that you have to go back to the Tower to check your freaking Reputation. How did no one at Bungie realize that that makes no freaking sense.

Xamdou

How many coins do you have? Voidfang vestment is one of the best warlock pieces for PvP if you like playing voidwalker.

Otherwise eh not much use for PvE especially since it has strength on it.

The Multi tool I would only grab if you can spare the coins and want a fun weapon to use in strike playlist and while doing PvE bounties cause that's about the only thing that gun is good for.

Thinking about that voidfang now since I always go void walker in pvp. I already have the Vision of Confluence so should I even bother with the mida tool?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cømet;140003326 said:
Sorry man. I usually agree with you to some extent, but there's no fairness to fusion rifles. spaz-tapping fire isn't a skillful tactic despite what people argue. It's a low skill, easy kill weapon and apparently that ain't changing. All it does is scare honest players from playing IB/crucible, cos it just ain't worth the trouble.
Cømet;139991206 said:
PvP sucks so much ass.
Not that you can respond, but I don't agree that the PvP sucks ass at all, so any disagreement you have with me on any particular point about it is pretty moot. But for anyone reading who actually cares about the shotguns vs. fusion debate thing, I actually wasn't even close to trying to defend fusion rifles or whatever (ironic as it would be to do so by saying what shotguns are useful for).

It's funny because I wasn't looking at it from a perspective of what's "skillful." It was mentioned that shotguns are basically useless in the face of fusion rifles, but anyone who's gotten sufficiently into the PvP will understand there are valid reasons to choose a fusion, shotgun, or sniper for that slot depending on playstyle, map and circumstance. I've never before heard the implied assertion here that shotguns are a "high skill, tough kill" weapon choice, and I certainly don't consider sniping in Destiny to be particularly high skill what with its friendly auto-aim and statistical accuracy bonuses.

I wasn't asked to offer my opinion on whether or not fusion rifles are appropriately balanced. I think that a small but universal nerf via reduction to their range (make the spread more substantial with distance) would be the one thing I'd actually like done to Crucible for me to consider it to be in a good state balance-wise, and I'm saying that as someone who finds them fun as hell to use. There are a few engagement distances I feel that they shouldn't be as good a choice for as they are currently (though claiming that they are viable to use in the same scenarios you'd use a sniper rifle is ludicrous). However, I very much like them as an alternative to close quarters scenarios usually dominated by shotguns with the ability to also be competitive at further ranges, minus the ability to rapidly handle multiple extreme-close-quarters threats the way a shotgun can. Nothing beats a shotgun when there are multiple targets to kill at point blank range one after another, and to shut down a fusion rifle user (who needs to charge between each shot and reload, depending on the gun, fairly frequently) it's one of the best available options, better at that job than another fusion rifle would be.

I'm also not particularly fond of making some division between "honest players" and "dishonest players." I really hate snipers personally, it frustrates me to no end to get killed by someone on the other side of the map repeatedly. I feel like it cheapens the experience of combat; sniping (as in real-world contexts as well) is intended as a method of killing a target with no risk whatsoever to the shooter, and that's not interesting to me. But I'm not going to tell them they're unfair, contend that they're playing the game wrong or destroying the experience because it's not one I enjoy personally. Decent fusion rifles aren't tough to get your hands on, so if "honest players" want to join the dark side rather than getting scared away they don't have to stray very far to do so. More importantly, you just shouldn't be playing PvP or any aspect of a game you don't like, if you don't like it

Bollocks

Will IB be around for another week?
I only started today, too little too late.
Will never make it to 30 if I have to rely on RNGsus

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
This week I finally can say that I was blessed by the RNG Gods.

Thanks to iron banner and a sane decision by bungie I bought the boots and at last hit level 30.

And on the hard raid, Fatebringer and Vex dropped.

Now it's time to get back to receiving shards for a long time....

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Will IB be around for another week?
I only started today, too little too late.
Will never make it to 30 if I have to rely on RNGsus

You have to play two days straight with all buffs and win a lot if you want to get to rank 4.

Neo and I are up for the raid. I want my raid helmet.

Decided to buy an engram from Xur before he leaves. Turned into the achohage symbiote helmet. (Not even pretending I spelled that right)

Which is awesome as I prefer gunslinger anyway and I already have two third man helms.

rNilla

Way too much Iron Banner this week but I've had a ton of fun playing on GAF teams. I definitely would not have played this much on my own.

fhDl2Wb.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How do you guys feel about flared magwell on Timur's Lash?
Good, it's looking like best is some combo of Field Scout, Flared Magwell, Mulligan, Outlaw, Send It, and/or Explosive Rounds

I need a Timur's Lash to start though :( Nothing has come my way just yet

Kensuke

I want to like Timur's Lash, but no matter what the roll is it's just never really better than Fatebringer. Perun's Fire however is amazing. If you manage to get accelerated coils and rangefinder on it, wow. I wasted 20 motes trying to get that. :(

I definitely agree with you Hawkian about fusion rifles and I don't even use fusion rifles. But then again I have very few complaints about the pvp in this game. Unlike most, I don't hate the Suros, fusion rifles, shotguns, supers, etc. I suppose that's because I feel like there's an answer to everything. And I'm quite the mediocre player if I say so myself (my k/d might suggest otherwise though), but I just treat each encounter differently and I generally come out on top.

But the one thing I don't hear people complaining about are fusion grenades and axion bolt.

WHY?!?!

WHY DOES NO ONE HATE THESE THINGS AS MUCH AS ME???!!

Lima

I just downloaded a small 1mb ingame update on Xbox One. Anyone know what it's for? Maybe a fix for the low fps issue when using party chat?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
snip too!

hahah yeah, everything has a counter. I don't complain about fusion grenades because oh my god I love them when playing warlock :X axion bolt is one thing I just don't "get" yet, it's like sometimes I will be killed and that's what it says killed me... and I'm like "oh. ok then." don't really know how it works :p

Just faced an OP Timur's Lash in IB just now. Checked the guys gear and this what he had: Gunslinger - Chain of Woe; Lash - Max damage, Steadyhand, Outlaw, Send It, and Reactive Reload; Gauntlets - Fast reload for HCs.

The guy was owning me and my team of randoms. He was reloading so fast that I saw him kill a teammate and just as I put my sights on him with my Hawkmoon, he reloads and damn near one-shots me with his Lash.

I want to like Timur's Lash, but no matter what the roll is it's just never really better than Fatebringer. Perun's Fire however is amazing. If you manage to get accelerated coils and rangefinder on it, wow. I wasted 20 motes trying to get that. :(

Yup. I got matched against someone with Perun's Fire that had Rangefinder and Accelerated Coils in IB. Lets just say that wasn't a fun experience lol.

HighOnPCP

I hit IB Rank 5 today and let I really like the shader you get, so pretty!
Also I've gotten 2 hammers but no timurs lash yet :/
ALSO I can't for the life of me reforge a decent jolder's hammer spent like 30 motes already geez. I've settled for Void, smart drift control, hip fire, field scout and crowd control.
Is it possible to get it with great stability AND field scout?

Future

The problem with pvp isn't the fusion rifles, shotguns, and all that jazz alone. It's all of them together. The pvp is full of one shot deaths from the start of a match to the very end from every range conceivable. And as time goes on the one shot deaths become easier and more frequent. the fact that they come from any range means you can't really tell what to expect either no matter what your positioning so you just get killed suddenly at times.

When I'm getting all the kills I don't mind it. When I'm gettin killed I hate it :p

Just faced an OP Timur's Lash in IB just now. Checked the guys gear and this what he had: Gunslinger - Chain of Woe; Lash - Max damage, Steadyhand, Outlaw, Send It, and Reactive Reload; Gauntlets - Fast reload for HCs.

The guy was owning me and my team of randoms. He was reloading so fast that I saw him kill a teammate and just as I put my sights on him with my Hawkmoon, he reloads and damn near one-shots me with his Lash.

I wish I hadn't scrapped my 2nd, just so I could re-roll to get this one. banderas.gif. You Hawkmoons are a plague to me (I want that gun before a nerf tho).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom