• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

You can barely see your rank gain after an IB match. And no indication of XP gain other than the tiny bar moving a little? Am I missing something or am I expected to go to Lord Saladin just to see where I'm at?
Unfortunately that's the only place to see it in game. If your phone or laptop is handy check out destinystatus.com for a simple and very informative overview of your char and ranks

My haul from today:

Fatebringer from hard raid
Timurs Lash (zen, crowd control, field scout) from IB
Raid helm (2 dropped at the same time from atheon)
Iron Banner gauntlets for my hunter

Just when i start to pull myself away, Destiny pulls me back in. Also picked up Mida and got Cryptic Dragon from a legendary engram. Good day today.

Lima

Okay I played Iron Banner since 5pm my time so that is 16 hours ago. I don't know how many matches I played but it sure was a lot. No fucking Birth of History. Gimme dat stupid ship already.

Ruze789

Finally had a good run in Iron Banner, got to Rank 3, bought the boots. I also realized that with a shotgun or fusion rifle secondary, I was almost never switching to those. I started using my Epitaph sniper and was doing (for me) pretty well with it.
Got a Timur's Lash after one of the better games I had, though with its small mag size I don't see myself using it over a nearly maxed TDYK.
Solo'd the Nightfall earlier, got a crappier Epitaph sniper drop than the one I used to beat it.

LordofPwn

You know you've had a rough RNGesus week when your best drops happened in the crucible...

3 nightfalls: 7 coins, 4 energies
3 weekly heroics: 27 coins
2 normal raids: hunter gloves, shards, energies, and my 6th VoC and 5th Chatterwhite
1 Atheon hard: another ship, 3 shards, 3 energies
Iron Banner: Timurs lash, Suros Regime, shards, and some coins

Also it's complete BS that my first Atheon clear for my warlock this was Hard mode and I got ship, 3 energies, 3 shards. And normal first clearer my Titan I got Chatterwhite. VoC, and 3 shards.

Each only got 3 drops when clearly I should have been given 6 for my warlock

ERMint13

Dropped an irresponsible amount of motes to get a void-damage Perun's Fire with decent perks. Good times.

Got it with hip fire and accelerated coils. Not going to temp it to re roll to get that plus the grenade perk. I got the near death perk.

Might buy a 2nd one and roll that since I have 160 some Motes.

I swear, it's like this game purposely puts me on bad teams. Don't think I've won a single game all day today.

EDIT: What do people mean by "re-roll"? Is this something new?

DjRalford

Just had my greatest IB game yet. Ended with a 16 KD ratio

Also my first game after rank 3 and i get timurs lash re-rolled 3 times from reload perks and ended up with rangefinder, send it, and crowd control

Steroyd

I swear, it's like this game purposely puts me on bad teams. Don't think I've won a single game all day today.

EDIT: What do people mean by "re-roll"? Is this something new?

For IB, if you equip a IB weapon you can donate 2 motes of light to the church of RNGesus to get different perks for said weapon.

Gordon

Closing on rank 4. Haven't had much time to play. It ends on the weekly reset right?

I spent a couple hours glimmer farming for boots today. What are the preferred methods? That was exhausting and I really want the FR and the gloves.

From now on I'm saving up my house banners and the like. I burned so much glimmer on garbage because I was at the cap. Could have saved some.

Just finished normal raid. Didn't have too many glitches but it was laggier than I had ever seen. Enemies and guardians popping in and out all over. Bullets not hitting at all or very delayed damage. We even had the whole fireteam booted to orbit once.

Drops were ctap. Got my 4th consecutive Found Verdict, thnx rng. Got a crap ton of shards and chatterwite. Another disappointing week and another week to pray for boots.

I have 5 pairs. Want me to send you some?

Oh wait :I

Defenders are woefully underrated. Got B locked down so hard at Firebase Clusterfuck in Control with a bubble.

The amount of people who think they can rush into an Armor of Light bubble to and defeat a Titan is funny. Killed so many would-be bubble busters that I popped another as soon as my first was up.

EL CUCO

I should really go back to bed, but all I could think of is all those Spirit blooms and relic irons I need.. *puts on farming pants*

Rerolled my Perun's to have Arc damage, performance bonus, reduced charge time, and who's next. Rerolled Timur to get return to sender, lightweight, and luck in the chamber. These good?

Ikkarus

Defenders are woefully underrated. Got B locked down so hard at Firebase Clusterfuck in Control with a bubble.

The amount of people who think they can rush into an Armor of Light bubble to and defeat a Titan is funny. Killed so many would-be bubble busters that I popped another as soon as my first was up.
The only time I ever enter a bubble is when I Bladedance in to it otherwise I stay the heck away from it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It took me 18 motes to get the right Perun for me. Oh well. Not like I'm going to really use the motes for anything else really.

LiK

finished the CoD: AW campaign on Hardened in one sitting tonight. fun game but the powers aren't that much fun as Destiny's. doubt i'll migrate over to CoD MP over Destiny.

Zakalwe

Banned
Perun's Fire is ridiculous. Hip fire and coils mean that if my aim is on form and connection is good I'm almost guaranteed to go +30 kills, top the board, brag level k/d, etc...

I always hated playing against good FR users, I avoided using mine out of some twisted sense of honour.

There is no honour in crucible. I'm not even sorry anymore.

areal

Perun's Fire is ridiculous. Hip fire and coils mean that if my aim is on form and connection is good I am almost guaranteed to go +30 kills, top the board, brag level k/d, etc...
I was about to say the same thing, but mine has Rangefinder and Hammer Forged.

Zakalwe

Banned
I was about to say the same thing, but mine has Rangefinder and Hammer Forged.

I've got hammer forged too, but I think coils compliments hip fire more.

Got any gameplay footage of the distance you can kill at consistently with your set up? I may re-roll my second PF to try for a proper ranged version.

Going to level my Plan C and PI next. God help me...

Steroyd

My Perun's fire has Accelerated Coils and Hip fire, but goddamnit it's solar, which is my least wanted element as things stand for fusion rifles.

That said my Machine Gun is Arc, which would be nice to have had solar because Super Good Advice exists.

Zakalwe

Banned
My Perun's fire has Accelerated Coils and Hip fire, but goddamnit it's solar, which is my least wanted element as things stand for fusion rifles.

That said my Machine Gun is Arc, which would be nice to have had solar because Super Good Advice exists.

Solar will be very nice for the new raid.

Mine is void, so current raid it's great. New raid it'll be useless.

I keep wanting to try fusion rifles in crucible but it's just to hard to give up shotguns.

The only time I've used fusion rifles in crucible was during the Thorn bounty I believe. Oh and when I took the pocket infinity for a spin. That was some fun shit.

..... but invective, found verdict, black chasma....

I can't abandon my babies.

Also I've gotten 2 hammers but no timurs lash yet :/
ALSO I can't for the life of me reforge a decent jolder's hammer spent like 30 motes already geez. I've settled for Void, smart drift control, hip fire, field scout and crowd control.
Is it possible to get it with great stability AND field scout?
Yeah. I managed to get one with perfect balance and also one with rodeo (reduces recoil) both with field scout.

I have so many Timur's Lash Hand Canons.

If I break one down do I get any ascendant energy?

I Having two of any IB weapons is a big advantage I think. Having two to gamble with means I'll always have my current best safe while you gamble with the dupe. It's a shame you can't break down subsequent weapons that only drop from pvp.

Damn. Oh well, I might just keep them in that case.

I feel pretty stupid that I scrapped my spares. I could have re-rolled them till I got the perfect one. Will probably buy another Perun Fire after I buy the other armor set. Running low on Glimmer.

They better bring Iron Banner back. I've got all these newly upgraded weapons that serve no real advantage in normal Crucible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom