• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT10| Working as Intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Mida multi tool is a lot of fun. Had it for awhile just started using it. (I wish the compass actually did something)

And the Aries Nemesis X4 I got seems nuts.

Explosive rounds, send it, Armor Peircing rounds, outlaw, luck in the chamber. Holy shit gotta level that.

I wish I hadn't scrapped my 2nd, just so I could re-roll to get this one. banderas.gif. You Hawkmoons are a plague to me (I want that gun before a nerf tho).

His perks synergized so well with his build that I was jelly by mid-match. Reactive Reload grants 33% bonus damage for 3 seconds after each kill. With Outlaw, Chains of Woe, and Fast Reload perk on his gauntlets, the guy was reloading in an instant and unloading bullets with 33% more damage.

Shit was insane. He was two-shotting people.

Kensuke

Got two Perun's that I've rerolled into decent rifles.

1: Void, hip fire accuracy, life support, accelerated coils/field scout. Would be better with rangefinder.

2: Arc, rangefinder, knee pads (ugh), hammer forged. Amazing for range, but I'd like an accelerated coils option.

Both are not perfect, but I've run out of motes. Not sure if I should commit to one and level it up. What do you guys think?

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
hahah yeah, everything has a counter. I don't complain about fusion grenades because oh my god I love them when playing warlock :X axion bolt is one thing I just don't "get" yet, it's like sometimes I will be killed and that's what it says killed me... and I'm like "oh. ok then." don't really know how it works :p

my only complain about the grenades is that as a Bladedancer Hunter, I feel like my Flux Grenade isn't sticking very well, it would sometimes seemingly bounce off enemy if throwing too close I think. and maybe the Solar grenades lasting a little too long, making it easy for people to lock down areas.

while we're on the subject of PVP, any suggestion for BD Hunter? I feel like I'm often at an disadvantage especially when in close combat. Titans got the shoulder charge and the slam and of course the bubble. Warlocks got the Energy drain melee and the extra shield thing and huge AOE stuff they can just walk in to melee you as well. I can invis but anyone with decent vision would still be able to spot me. only thing I can do for close up is ArcBlade, and that's assuming they dont one shot me with a shotgun...

Got two Perun's that I've rerolled into decent rifles.

1: Void, hip fire accuracy, life support, accelerated coils/field scout. Would be better with rangefinder.

2: Arc, rangefinder, knee pads (ugh), hammer forged. Amazing for range, but I'd like an accelerated coils option.

Both are not perfect, but I've run out of motes. Not sure if I should commit to one and level it up. What do you guys think?

They're both good. Rangefinder with Hammer Forged makes you one-shot people from range. Hip Fire and Accelerated Coils is good as well.

Rangefinder and Accelerated Coils are the ideal perks to have like you said.

The problem with pvp isn't the fusion rifles, shotguns, and all that jazz alone. It's all of them together. The pvp is full of one shot deaths from the start of a match to the very end from every range conceivable. And as time goes on the one shot deaths become easier and more frequent. the fact that they come from any range means you can't really tell what to expect either no matter what your positioning so you just get killed suddenly at times.

When I'm getting all the kills I don't mind it. When I'm gettin killed I hate it :p

And to contrast all the one hit kills is how long it takes to kill someone with a primary weapon which is what makes the PVP in this game so strange

Future

And to contrast all the one hit kills is how long it takes to kill someone with a primary weapon which is what makes the PVP in this game so strange

Unless you are using suros :p. Started using this gun again for the iron banner headshot bounty and goddam I forgot how much easier life is with auto fire. I love my hawkmoon, but the rapid fire from a suros just disrupts the target differently. I also don't have to be as accurate so I can swerve more while avoiding fire. Got 30 kills last match holy shit

Kensuke

It feels like I finally have cool custom loadouts for all my characters. I don't like switching weapons, so I've been maxing a ton of weapons.

Main Hunter
Primary: Fatebringer/Visions of Confluence PVP: Suros Regime/Last Word
Secondary: Icebreaker/Custom Arc Perun's Fire/Patience & Time/Found Verdict
Heavy: Gjallarhorn/Corrective Measure

Alt Warlock
Primary: Shadow Price/Preadyth's Timepiece
Secondary: Plan C/Preadyth's Revenge/Custom Void Perun's Fire/Icebreaker
Heavy: Truth/Custom Solar Jolder's Hammer

Alt Titan
Primary: Vex Mythoclast/Atheon's Epilogue/Red Death
Secondary: Praetorian Foil/Patience & Time
Heavy: Hezen Vengeance/Custom Void The Swarm

hydruxo

Who even needs a primary weapon when you have Found Verdict? I just run around and destroy with it. Honestly I switch my primary & heavy weapons around all the time but the main stay in my PVP loadout is always Found Verdict. It's just a beastly gun.

ERMint13

Wow completely terrible IB match. Lag everywhere. I managed a sweet .3 k/d before I was kicked....

Did find Timurs Lash earlier...not sure what to do with it as I have Fatebringer and Lastword.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Just got to rank five on Iron Banner an hour ago. Should I even bother with the IB Scout Rifle and Fusion Rifle if I already have VoC and a maxed out Solar Light/Beware?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Oh good I'm not the only one. Gotten 5 errors I've never seen before(and I've seen most). Had to bow out of a raid earlier as the lag was so bad I couldn't see enemies, or my gun, or half the team. Warframe plays fine though lol Too many shit bounties, can't max my IB gloves today anyway.

Currant error.....

That's new. Though when I quickly glanced I swore it said "...search for error code: cunt"

Bungie please stop trying to actively sabotage us. We just want level 30.

Something I don't get. Why would you use an exotic armor on anything other than the chest? The chest has the highest defense rating right? So why would you use an exotic gauntlet or helmet?

I already have a maxed out pocket infinity...

And I'm running low on Motes of Light.
It can be rolled into the fastest charging fusion rifle in the game I believe. And it hits hard as hell. Plus it's legendary, so it doesn't use your exotic slot. But if you're satisfied with what you have then pass on it. I don't use fusion rifles, so I'm not grabbing it, but I've seen the destruction it can cause

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Eh, in PvP, your "primary weapon" is more the weapon you plan to get the most kills with, then your complements to that rather than the way you treat Primary and Special weapons in PvE. I mean, a secondary weapon might be your "main" if you're playing a certain style. But generally, TTK with many primary weapons is extremely fast in Destiny anyway. TTK in general is fast in Destiny. But in contrast to something like Titanfall (I can't really comment on the newer CoDs) with fast TTK (compared to Halo), there are a ton of different loadouts you can run and still be effective and just as "broken" as whatever else you can think up, which is way way way more fun to me. I don't really see balance as everything being equally effective or ineffective when applied to the same task, so much as the concept that many different choices should be a viable path to victory, supporting different playstyles. I think if we were going to pick weapons that "everyone uses because it's the best" in Destiny it would be the Suros Regime but I personally don't ever use it on my Hunter, and don't consider it the best weapon. Pocket Infinity completely counters the Suros Regime imo unless they have the drop on you, and anyone who gets the drop on anyone else should be able to get a kill in Destiny. It also chews up Arc Blade and Sunsingers. But you have to reload essentially after every shot, really get into a rhythm with cover and make the blast count (I seriously can't imagine using it without perfect balance). And if someone gets in close while reloading that's it, the charge time is horrendous; Found Verdict kills me at extreme close range after a shot with PI is a frequent kind of death on that build. Most importantly to me, all the handcannons (well, Thorn's a bit tougher since this nerf) might not be one hit kills, but they're effective from many ranges and play well against most auto rifles including the regime. I love hand cannons in this game so, so much.

my only complain about the grenades is that as a Bladedancer Hunter, I feel like my Flux Grenade isn't sticking very well, it would sometimes seemingly bounce off enemy if throwing too close I think. and maybe the Solar grenades lasting a little too long, making it easy for people to lock down areas.

while we're on the subject of PVP, any suggestion for BD Hunter? I feel like I'm often at an disadvantage especially when in close combat. Titans got the shoulder charge and the slam and of course the bubble. Warlocks got the Energy drain melee and the extra shield thing and huge AOE stuff they can just walk in to melee you as well. I can invis but anyone with decent vision would still be able to spot me. only thing I can do for close up is ArcBlade, and that's assuming they dont one shot me with a shotgun...
well, don't ignore flux grenade AS an up close option. It feels mostly like the Halo 2 sticky grenade to me, i treat it just like that for the most part. It shouldn't ever bounce off an enemy- I'm not sure what you mean about solar though.

you're right anyway, close up hunters don't measure up to warlock melee or shoulder charge or even a defender once if they get a force barrier kill. you have to rely on your special weapon for one hit kills at close range, or certain primaries (TLW is a good example).

I like invisibility on BD, i use it a lot. But it's 0% for the visual cloaking part and 100% because it takes you off the radar, which can allow you to position to pull off a kill without them knowing where you are. perfect for snipers or people camping when you know exactly where they are. So Arc Blade, use stealth for this too (a lot of people consider Hungering Blade too good to pass up though), blink to avoid getting shotgunned, air dash a lot rather than just running/jumping, and watch your shield, and only a few things can get you... Golden Gun/Fist of Havoc/Nova Bomb, other Bladedancers, machine guns, Pocket Infinity, really really good multiple headshots with a hand cannon).

Mattiator

Yep.

I don't even want the raid chest. I want the helmet. Arma is too good to pass up with two grenades and extra ammo for both special and heavy weapons.

Good job on the raid and good job to everyone else it was a little rocky at the end but we kicked ass :).

Just finished normal raid. Didn't have too many glitches but it was laggier than I had ever seen. Enemies and guardians popping in and out all over. Bullets not hitting at all or very delayed damage. We even had the whole fireteam booted to orbit once.

Drops were ctap. Got my 4th consecutive Found Verdict, thnx rng. Got a crap ton of shards and chatterwite. Another disappointing week and another week to pray for boots.

You can barely see your rank gain after an IB match. And no indication of XP gain other than the tiny bar moving a little? Am I missing something or am I expected to go to Lord Saladin just to see where I'm at?

NeOak

You can barely see your rank gain after an IB match. And no indication of XP gain other than the tiny bar moving a little? Am I missing something or am I expected to go to Lord Saladin just to see where I'm at?

Lord Saladin is the only person authorized in the city to check what is your rank in the Iron Banner.

That is because he keeps them in a notepad he hides under his underpants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom